Support (Sequel to Lifeless)...

By arielmalcolm1

A few years have passed and Skyla has moved back to Sydney for a job in the city being a fashion designer, me... More

READ THIS FIRST
Come Home, Please? [Chapter 1]
Taking Risks [Chapter 2]
This Isn't Happiness [Chapter 3]
He What? [Chapter 4]
Take A Trip Down Memory Lane [Chapter 5]
Someones Watching Over Me [Chapter 6]
Meet Me At The Park [Chapter 7]
Everything Is Clearer When Your In Love [Chapter 8]
I Love That Twinkle In Your Eye [Chapter 9]
Men Are More Prone To Cheating, Definitely [Chapter 10]
When You Hurt A Girl, She Feels It In A Million Ways [Chapter 11]
Letters To Skyla [Chapter 12]
Reality Check [Chapter 13]
Autumn Leaves [Chapter 14]
Clothes? Shopping? Thats Stuff I Like [Chapter 15]
Travelling [Chapter 16]
Baby Pink Walls [Chapter 17]
Too Beautiful For This Earth [Chapter 18]
Mr Ryan Partridge [Chapter 19]
Red And Blue Lights [Chapter 20]
Calling 000 [Chapter 22]
Audrey Brooks [Chapter 23]
Epilogue
Quick Question.

Black Coats And Umbrellas [Chapter 21]

9.6K 163 116
By arielmalcolm1

“We are all gathered here today to celebrate the passing of Luke and Beau Brooks, this is indeed is a very sad day for us all, we have lost two very great people” the priest started.

Jai and Gina sat on either side of me holding my hand, the crowd was filled with fans of the past when the boys made videos, there friends, family, and everyone who has ever been touched by them. It was a gloomy day, rain trickled down the windows of the chapel, grey clouds filled the sky and a cold wind howled outside.

“I’d like to call on Jai Brooks to the podium” the priest said, I gave Jai’s hand a tight squeeze before he left to go onto the podium

Tears were freely falling down Jai’s face, anyone could tell he was hurting the most out of Gina, Jai and I. “Hi everyone, first of all, id like to thank you all for coming and taking the time out of your day to do this, I know they would have appreciated it” Jai said weakly motioning to the coffins, thankfully he was using a microphone so everyone could hear him, he let out a shaky breath before starting his speech.

“My brothers may have meant something to each and every one of you, personally, they were not only big brothers to me, but also my best friends. I remember when me and Luke were just starting high school and Beau was in year 9, Luke and I got teased sometimes and Beau was always getting into fights for us because he didn’t want to see us get hurt. Beau was such a character, he knew when to be serious and when to joke around, which was a lot. He could be very immature at times but that was because he never wanted to grow up, it was like he was a child stuck in a young man’s body. He was also polite, the kind of guy that would open the door for ladies or help mum with house chores and all the rest.

As for Luke, he was my twin brother, I know I have always said I don’t like having a twin, but I can’t imagine life without one, and this week without one has been one of the hardest weeks of my life, possibly the hardest actually. When people got us mixed up I really didn’t mind, I wouldn’t mind being him, he was such a kind, down to earth person. Once when we were little Luke, Beau, Nonna and I were outside and there was a dead spider in the pot plant outside, Beau was really scared and Luke and I just stood well away, Nonna picked it up and flung it towards Beau, and he ran inside screaming and crying, Luke went and stepped on the spider and I tried to convince Beau to come back out and that Luke killed it.

I remember one time, my brothers and I sat down just after Michael Jackson’s death in 2009, and we talked about what our funerals would be like and how we would want it to be. My brothers didn’t like seeing people cry, especially their family and the people they love. They told me they wanted it to be a celebration of how good their lives were, not that they had passed.

I know my brothers left lots of things undone and others that they never had a chance to start. But I promise I will continue what they have started and hopefully fulfil their dreams for them. This is just my small way of saying thank you for everything they did for me.

Let’s just be thankful for all the special moments that my brother has left us. And with that, I hope that my brother will continue to live on within our hearts and minds. Thank you”

Jai said confidentially letting the tears fall, while placing flowers on top of their coffins. He also put down a picture; it was a picture of when they were in the Janoskians, the album cover of their first single they released at Sony. I could see he was struggling to say what he did but I was extremely proud he did.

He took a few steps over to us before falling into his mums arms crying, I couldn’t help but join in the hug, it was my turn to make a speech, I stood up leaving Jai and Gina, I looked into the crowd noticing fans crying, they all had Janoskians t-shirts on, some still had signatures from the boys on there. I let out a shaky sigh, and started my speech.

“Beau was a man nobody could replace, well at least not in my heart. We had been together for just over almost 6 years, for about 2 years of it we weren’t by each other’s side everyday but that soft spot for him never left my heart, and it didn’t leave his either. Our relationship wasn’t what most people called perfect but as people have told me, Beau and I were perfect for each other and we were! Beau lived his life the best way he could, squeezing every little bit of fun out of it, he may have made some wrong choices on the way but his brothers helped him through it who he is awfully close with. Beau was well loved and I guess seeing everyone here right now having this big crowd at his funeral only proves Beau was and is well loved. How could he not be though? He was such a kind, loving soul, the type of person you don’t find easily. I know I’ll see Beau again, I will feel his warm embrace and our souls will be united once again, he will be waiting for me by the big golden gates, but meanwhile Beau, look over us all and protect us from any harm. I love you, and I’ll never stop loving you, I would not change that even if I had the chance to, not even for a handsome prince charming, that’s how much I love you Beau, and that’s how much I will keep loving you.

Luke was not only my brother, he was my first love, and he was the first person that accepted me, for me. He and Jai found me at the airport after I had run away from my father, they took me in under there roof, feed me and kept me warm.  Luke lived an amazing life although it was rather short; he was a great friend, one of the kinds that stand by you when you need somebody. He saved my life and that’s enough to tell you that he is a great person inside and out. What is it we remember about Luke? I’m sure everyone that knows him well; it was his sense of humour. He could always fight bullies with kindness and make anyone laugh no matter what mood you were in, he was the type of person who would make you laugh until you cry, whether it was a funny dance or a new joke he had made up, this is what I’ll truly miss about Luke. That’s the trademark of Luke; he always wanted to make people happy. I remember seeing the news report and rushing over home, I had gotten into a fight with Luke that morning, I regret so much not making up with him, but everything was so unexpected, he has accomplished so many wonderful things on Earth and I’m sure he will do much more in heaven. I will forever be grateful that I was lucky enough to know Luke and his family; I will forever be grateful he came and spoke to me at the airport, and saved my life.  All the memories I have shared with him will always be cherished, he will live on forever in my heart. In our hearts.”

I said softly, no tears falling from my eyes; I was what some people call beyond tears. I put some flowers on top of the coffins and kissed each coffin before sitting back down. It wasn’t long until the funeral ended; a few friends and fans came up to me paying their respect, all of them crying in my arms as I hugged them, I just couldn’t cry. Beau and Luke didn’t want anyone to be upset, so I want going to be.

After the wake Gina, Jai, Daniel, James and I went to say good bye to Beau and Luke for one last time, we walked down the narrow hallway, the walls were the same colour as the floor, grey. Every step echoed, Gina and Jai were at the front followed by James and Daniel then me. It was all my fault for all of this, my father was a manic.

We entered the room the coffins laid on top of a table, Gina fell to the ground, her face cupped in her hands, Jai hugged her never letting go. Daniel and James stood around the coffins with the hands rapped over the coffin sulking into their arms. I stood at the door observing the scene, I didn’t want to be here, I didn’t want to believe that was all happening. I ran back down the hall bursting out the door, and ran until I was in the graveyard, there was a hill, at the top of the hill was a tree, the leaves slowly falling off and a single tombstone sat beside it, I trekked up to the top and by the time I did I was completely soaked from all the rain, I sat down beside the tombstone.

‘Heidi Brooklyn Partridge,

Forever loved, never forgotten,

RIP

Love your daughter, Skyla’

Was engraved in the tombstone, my father never wanted her to have a grave, he want he to be burnt and keep her ashes, but I started working two jobs to be able to get her a tombstone, “Mum, I know you can’t hear me, but Dad did some very bad things, you’re probably with him right now, but please I beg you, leave him, don’t stay with him, he has caused me so much grief and doesn’t deserve such a beautiful woman like you” I said with anger clear in my voice, I couldn’t tell if I was crying or if raindrops were dripping down my face, “look after Luke and Beau for me Mum, please. Gina has been looking after me while you have been gone, so do the same for her, and look after yourself” I said before pushing my back up against the tombstone and rolling my head back and taking a few deep breaths, just letting the coldness of the rain go through my body, I heard someone splodging in the mud coming up the hill, I opened my eyes and it was Jai, I smiled slightly at him, he sat down next to me and slung his arm around me and pulled me in closer to his chest, we watched as Beau and Luke’s coffins were lowered into the ground, that when I started to cry, I curled up in Jai’s arms he cried into my shoulder, I’m not sure how long we sat there in the rain crying together for, but I felt a warm light on us, I pulled out of Jai’s chest and saw a patch of sun shining straight through the clouds at us, it also landed on Beau and Luke’s graves, I smiled and when I showed Jai he smiled to, “I love you Beau, I love you Luke” I breathed quietly,

“I love you bro” Jai said after me

-------------------------

A/N:

Okay, i think you all thought the last chapter was the end of the book, its not. if you read the A/N i explained it wasnt the end, and im sorry this isnt a cliche fanfic, it was never meant to be... But there is a light to the ending of this story, okay? :)

sorry if the last chapter was really heavy, you guys didnt seem to uh, whats the word to use for this.. like it? i guess, i dunno.

this is most likey, I REPEAT, most likely the last upsetting chapter, pinky promise.

20 votes + 18 comments

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 4.2K 33
A life of a Janoskian girl is hard. Especially when you're being labeled as more than one of the Janoskians Girlfriend, Which Chelsea is experiencing...
138K 2.3K 29
Brooke Sahyounie is well, you guessed it, the little sister of Daniel (Skip) Sahyounie, 1/5 of the Janoskians. Skip is that overprotective big brothe...
2.1K 150 15
After Luke 'death' everything has changed for everyone. Jai Brooks is convinced that his brother is still out there. so he has been looking for him...
9.5K 86 18
In search of a new life and a sense of self, Valerie Andrews leaves Toronto to spend her summer in Melbourne, Australia, where she meets Jai Brooks...