My Heart Beats For You // Ali...

By kiraalicex

*COMPLETED FOR NOW* Bailey Rowe, 16 years old; A little bit of an outcast, distrusted by her family. She fi... More

playlist
Act ONE - Before
1. The Mysterious
2. The Project
3. The Sick
4. The Blonde
5. The Yelling
6. The Fancy Store
8. The Big Disaster
9. The Reveal
10. The Summer Love
11. The Holidays
Act TWO - Twilight/New Moon
12. The Arrival
13. The Suspense
14. The Icy Encounter
15. The Whole Truth
16. The Hunt Begins
17. The Falling Apart
18. The Big Charade
19. The New Moon
20. The Loss
Act THREE - Broken Dawn
21. The Drama Returns - 3rd Person POV
22. The Homecoming
23. The One Where...
24. The Talk Of A Lifetime
25. The Roses
26. The Expectation
27. The Bridge
28. The Proposal
29. The Split Second Decision
30. The Big Reveal
31. The Absence Of A Heart
32. The Sequence Of Events
33. The Official MRS And MRS Cullen
Act FOUR - Ever More
34. The Now
35. The Reunion Of Sorts
36. The Yelling Take 2
37. The Official Reunion
38. The Family
39. The Threat
40. The Jane Effect
41. The One With A New Lover
42. The Oopsie
43. The Facts
AN
44. The Brother
45. The Start Of The End
46. The Missing Piece
47. The Witch Of The South
48. The First Of A Kind
Act FIVE - A Turn Of Events
49. The Face Of Pain
50. The Revealed Lie
51. The New Era
52. The Final Goodbye
53. The Emotional Encounter
AN// News...
54. The Dust Settles

7. The Dance

7.2K 231 37
By kiraalicex

For some reason I have't brung myself to speak to my friends again, and they haven't made a move to speak to me. Maybe they're afraid to approach me now - everyone seems to be since I started sitting with the Cullens. Emmett seems to be my favourite person ever, after Reggie and Alice, and Jasper creeps me out; I mean, I know he doesn't do it intentionally - I think - but he has this... look. And he barely says anything when I'm around. I know he and Alice are close, but he seems protective; maybe that's just it, he's being protective, sussing me out.

Speaking of Alice. I have no idea what we are or where we are. We hang out all the time, either at my place or in the library. I went to her house once, met her mom Esme - such a generous woman - and obviously the rest of her brothers. But we seem to be... stuck. She doesn't like to hold hands, we rarely sit close to one and other, yet I still want to be near her. Even if she doesn't want me physically near her, I know she wants me emotionally and mentally near her. We click. Zing. We get each other like no others get us.

Tonight is the dance, and the last day of March, and the last day of school before spring break. There's a buzz around the school about the dance tonight, which many girls talking about skipping their last 2 periods in order to get ready. I roll my eyes a little as I stack my books in my locker and close it. I see Parker looking my way with a torn expression, and it seems like for a moment he decides to approach me, until the mammoth of a man Emmett bounds over.

"Wassup, Thumbelina." He grins.

"Emmett, I'm the same size as your sister." I roll my eyes.

He shrugs. "You're all short to me. I've been told to pick you up at 7, is that okay?"

I shrug this time. "Whatever. All I gotta do is throw my dress on and a bit of makeup."

"Um..."

"Emmett. Thats all I gotta do, right?" I grit my teeth.

"Rose... naa, you'll find out later. See ya, Thumbelina!" He calls laughing.

I groan and kick my logger in annoyance, hanging my head as I walk to the library. Alice sits waiting for me and as I sit down she raises an eyebrow. "What's the matter, crabby cake?"

"Whatever Rose or you have planned is not happening." I say as I point at her.

She holds her hands up in defence. "It's nothing to do with me... your mom called Esme and she is gonna help your mom get you ready. They wanted it to be a surprise."

Awh... that is kinda sweet... but I cannot let her know. "Great. There goes my plans for watching Harry Potter." I mumble.

Alice giggles, seeing right through me. "That's the spirit... I think someone wants to talk to you." She says, nodding over my shoulder. I glance over and see Parker hanging back, looking like a deer caught in headlights. "I'm gonna go find a new book." Alice says with a smirk as she skips away.

Once she's gone Parker approaches and sits in her empty seat. "Hey..."

"Hi."

He plays with his bag strap. "I hope you aren't still made at me..."

I sigh small. "I was never mad at you, I was a little peeved off at Ceece. AJ has a thing for her so of course he jumps on her every word, but usually you are so supportive. What do you have against the Cullens?"

"Nothing!" He shakes his head seriously. "I... I'm... I guess I'm just a little worried about you. Last time you made a new friend you - well you became a bit of a junkie. You hurt yourself and others around you. I know I shouldn't judge the Cullens by the rumours, but I know nothing about them. I'm just worried I'll almost lose you again." He whispers, his eyes wide with various emotion.

I jump up and rush around the table, throwing myself into his arms. "You will never lose me, babe. You've been my best friend since before I could hold a shit in." I whisper and smile a little when I feel him laugh and hear him sniffle. "Alice and her family... I think they're good for me. They're what I needed, especially her... I promise you, they are so nice."

"Of course I trust you, idiot. I'm sorry." He kisses my cheek.

I smile. "I'm sorry too, assbutt."

-

"Mom I'm home- oh, hello Mrs Cullen." I smile as I walk into the kitchen and see her and mom chatting.

"Hi Bailey, please call me Esme." She chuckles gently.

Mom comes over and hugs me. "How was school, sweetie?"

"It was good - Parker and I spoke." I smile. "So, um, how come Esme is here?"

"Well, your dad took the girls to the cinema, and your brother has detention, so I thought maybe Esme and I could help you get ready in some peace and quiet? Do your nails, hair, make up..." Mom trails off, hope written all over her face.

I surpress a sigh, but smile at her genuinely. "I'd love that. Let me just go change." I jog upstairs and dump my bag down, changing into some joggers before heading downstairs. I slip my unicorn slippers on at the bottom and go back to the kitchen where the counter has been filled with products, from make up to nail polish, hair appliances and products.

"Where do we even start?" I mumble as mom hands me a coffee.

"I am going to curl your hair while your mom does your nails. Then we will tackle the makeup and the dress." Esme smiles as she plugs a straighter in.

I nod and sit on one of the barstools as mom takes one hand and Esme divides my hair. They talk about a lot of things, with me occasionally piping in. Esme asks if I've thought about college yet, to which I laugh and simply reply with 'next topic please'. Mom goes into a rant about how she's worried I have no motivation, Esme comforts her with saying she feels the same with Emmett sometimes. Eventually I have curled hair, red nails and almost a full face of makeup.

Esme adds a little bit more hairspray and mom touches up my eyeshadow before they both pull away. "You look stunning." Mom says, sounding close to tears. "My oldest baby is all grown up!"

"Moooom." I groan and blush.

"Let her have this moment." Esme smiles.

Mom instantly throws the camera at her. "Take a picture please."

I sigh and lean against her, smiling as the flash from the camera blinds me. "Okay, okay, I'm not even fully ready."

"Oh the dress! Emmett will be here soon!" Esme gasps.

I roll my eyes and head upstairs to change, managing the zip mostly, before I head downstairs and mom does the rest. She has Esme take a few more pictures before the doorbell rings. Mom opens it and I smirk as I see Emmett stood in a tux. "Wow... I didn't know they made suits for bears."

He smirks. "I didn't realise Thumbelina knew what a dress was."

I slip my heels on and smirk as I walk over. Alice stands by a black mercedes wearing a black lace dress, puffy at the bottom with a big bow around the waist, but definitely a dress that suits her petite figure. Her hair is long, extensions I think, and worn in a messy braid over her shoulder; her honey colored eyes move up my body and she bites her lip, causing me to blush.

"YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL!" Regina gasps, breaking our eye contact. She runs to me first and I smile as I hug her; she then runs to Alice who picks her up.

"You picked such a pretty dress for your sister." She says.

"I knowww." Reg grins. She jumps down and joins my parents, Esme and Emmy on the lawn.

I smile as I move closer to Alice. "You look amazing... I love your hair that way."

"You asked what it looked like long so I thought I would try it out for you." She smiles and shrugs sheepishly. "And you look... breathtaking."

I blush deeply and smile, noticing everyone watching which causes me to blush more. Emmett scrambles over and opens the backseat door. "After you, ladies."

Alice motions for me to go first and I thank her, climbing in. The door closes and Emmett opens the other, letting Alice climb in before he gets in. He honks the horn and the others wave as we head away, both grinning like mad people. My heart races and I take subtle deep breaths, hoping that maybe Alice is feeling as nervous as me so I don't feel like such a loser.

I glance over at her and see her watching me. "I still can't believe you ask me to the dance... I can't dance." I mumble.

"It's okay, I'll show you. I won't leave yourside all evening, plus we can leave when you want - just not too early." She teases gently.

I giggle small. "Okay, deal." I bite my lip as I smile more at her.

Emmett clears his throat. "Ahem... we're here, unless you want me to drive around so you can oogle each other some more?" He grins in the rearview mirror at us.

Alice slaps the side of his head as he pulls up laughing. She climbs out and comes around the car, holding her hand out as she opens the door. Hand holding? YAY! I blush as I take it, not surprised by her ice-like skin. "Thanks, Shrek." I say to Emmett as I close the door. I hear him laugh as he drives away.

I look up from the hem of my dress and see the gym doors open, lights flashing inside as music plays loudly already. I look over at Alice as she watches me. "Ready?" She asks gently and I smile, nodding. We head inside and I look around at the gold decorations and the glitterball above the dance floor; tables line the edges and theres a buffet table - a cliche school dance really. All except for the best girl here is my date and I am the most average person alive.

"C'mon, lets dance." She says as she pulls me to the dance floor, people staring.

I blush. "Alice." I groan, dragging her name out.

"We have a deal, my love."

I melt when she calls me that and I give in, following her. She keeps ahold of my hand before putting the other on my waist, making us move; it doesn't exactly match the base filled song, but it's a start, right? I burst out laughing. "You look horrified!"

Alice smirks. "I mean, I am a little but I tried to hide it... you really can't dance." She laughs and I cover my face pulling away. I feel her hands gently wrap around my wrist, pulling them away from my face as she does. "No, no, don't hide from me, I had not seeing that blush."

I bite my lip and look up at her; as I do I feel her hands slip down my wrists until they hold my own. Both of us slightly lean in and within moments our lips are meeting, like fire and ice clashing yet it feels so right. We part slightly and I take a shaky breath, opening my eyes that I didn't even realise had closed.

"I've wanted to do that since I met you." Alice whispers as she looks into my eyes.

"Ditto..." I whisper back, blushing more.

Alice grins wide and kisses my lips gently again before she pulls me back to dancing. We opt for jumping and shaking out hips, until a slow song comes on. Lay Me Down by SAM SMITH comes on and Alice's arms wrap around my waist; I rest mine on her shoulders and look at her as she hums the lyrics.

Can I lay by your side, next to you, to you
And make sure you're alright
I'll take care of you,
And I don't want to be here if I can't be with you tonight

I rest my head on her shoulder and close my eyes as we sway, her perfect voice singing gently as we move. If this moment were to last forever, I would be happy; I would never get bored of it, never change a ching. God, did I swap personalities with someone else!?

"I have to tell you something." She whispers. "Come on."

I frown a little as she takes my hand and rushes out of the gym, across the campus to the football field; the setting sun turns the sky a peach color and a rosy red. Alice releases my hand, putting a few feet between us.

"Alice.." I frown. "Whats the matter?"

"Please don't hate me..."

Oh shit. This can't be good....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 140 18
Twilight Saga Fan Fiction. Bella Swan x Carlisle Cullen. In which Bella is shocked by some intense deep feelings for Carlisle (who she is the true...
288K 9.6K 39
Aurelia only came to Forks to help Carlisle protect his family. She fully intends to be on the first plane back home when this whole mess is over. B...
19.2K 607 17
An abnormal vampire, Y/N Newton finds herself living on the Cullens' territory. She tries to avoid them, but the Cullens have other plans. Y/N slowly...
52.9K 1.1K 21
Angel is feeling at her worst. She thinks that taking herself out of the equation is the answer. For the first time the Pack, Sekkari, and the Cullen...