Within the Soul

By Welenuf

Those worthy of life beyond death are drafted and changed into something much more than a human. They are re... More

What is this?
Chapter 2: Welcome.
Chapter 3: Ready for Conflict!
Chapter 4: Prehistoric vs Mythic!
Chapter 5: A Full Fledged Knight!
Chapter 6: A knights duty...
Chapter 7: End of a legacy
Chapter 8: Hell aint hot...

Chapter 1: Fighter.

65 9 4
By Welenuf

We follow a man by the name of Tony, he's 19 and a boxer. He's a to himself kind of guy, but he isn't antisocial. He's boxed and fought all his life, making it his craft. He boxes not for himself but his family, to help make their lives easier. He is currently getting ready for a match right now.

"Yo T! Good luck!! Knock 'em dead just like always!" says a friend of his as he walks to the stands.

"Think I could do it with one shot? I think I could do it with one shot. I could totally do it with one shot." he says jokingly.

"We've talked about the cocky stuff T, that doesn't look good...plus you're a heavyweight, no one here will be a 'one shot', get serious." says a girl that's wrapping his wrists for the match. "That tight enough?"

"Yea, that's fine"
"You ready for this?"

"Born ready."
"You cant punch through his guard like everybody else. You have to move and maneuver, use your speed to your advantage. Don't just rush in and--"

"I got it Chief dont worry. I know he's undefeated and yada yada yada. I've been debriefed a million times by coach about this cat too. Don't sweat it, just wish me luck alright?" he says as he holds his fist out, already in its glove.

She gives him a fist bump and a smile, putting his mouthpiece in for him and letting him go on out. He heads to his team and marches out as the announcer shouts his name.

"AND THERE HE IS FOLKS, THE HEAVYWEIGHT BRUTE TENKAI! THE GUARD DESTROYER! THE AGGRESSIVE ATTACKER! TODAY HE'S FIGHTING FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP AGAINST THE ULTIMATE DEFENDER, TANK! THE MOVING FORTRESS! WHO WILL WIN!? THE AGGRESIVE RUSHER OR THE PATIENT BEAST!?" Screams the announcer at the top of his lungs for a college match. The two both being well known fighters for their schools. They get up into the ring with the referee. Walking to one another for the greeting.

"Hope you're ready to get your jaw broken in front of all these people." Says tank, attempting to piss him off.

"Let's see you try, big fella." says Tenkai, confident in himself, and with a slight smirk getting close to Tank.

"Gonna enjoy beating the shit outta you" says tank as they're basically forehead to forehead now, the ref separating the two. The referee goes through the whole spill and Tenkai holds his fists out for a bump, which he doesn't recieve from Tank.

"Hmph. Now I'm upset."
Tenkai walks back to his corner and tank to his. Both giving each other a glare.

"Let's see what you got, Tank!" says Tenkai as he punches his fists together.

"Got a lot more than you!" he shouts back as the bell rings and they march to one another, Tank putting up his guard and Tenkai ready for a barrage.

"He's gonna open with tha heavy right hook. I've watched all his fights. Just read him and counter. He'll burn himself out." Thinks tank to himself as Tenkai does just that. He comes with a powerful right hook that has knocked people out in one hit. Tank confidently puts his hands up to block it but there's no contact, on his guard at least.

Tenkai feinted the punch and gave Tank a rib shot to his left making him switch his guard again to only be hit in the face by Tenkai's right, causing him to stumble back. As he does Tenkai continues to beat on him, attacking with 0 coordination. Every punch is thrown at random and he isn't giving Tank time to recover. He has him on the ropes and is smashing through the man's defense. Tank hugs Tenkai to get him to back off. After regaining himself Tank goes on the offensive attacking Tenkai with sluggers, hitting his guard.

"Fucking hell! There's something in these gloves!!" Shouts Tenkai in his head as he feels something harder than normal hitting his guard and body. Through this thought process, he gets a solid uppercut, hitting him dead in his bottom jaw and lifting him off the ground, his head throbbing with pain and his jaw aching. He lays on the ground, slightly disoriented as the ref comes and starts the count.

1
"Get up..."
2
"Get up..!
3
"Get up dammit!"
4
"DAMMIT!"
5
He starts to rise up
6
He sits up.

"Can you continue!?"
spits a little blood
"Hell yeah" says Tenkai again smirking as he stands up looking at Tank.

"How the hell is he still standing!?"
As Tenkai gets up the bell for the first round rings, and he's pulled to his corner to be patched up.

"What the hell was that Tony!? You were down for 6 seconds!! Get your shit together! shouts the girl that was wrapping his hands earlier, the one he referred to as "chief". This is his best friend, and she's also an athletic trainer or studying to be one at least. Her name is Aalana. She squirts water in his mouth and pulls a can up to him "Spit"

He spits in the can as she checks his jaw, telling him it's alright but he likely can't handle another hit like that. She squirts more water in his mouth and allows him to drink as the bell rings.

"Make it snappy, Tenkai."
"Alright, Chief."

He gets off the stool and marches back over again, replenished. Tank is suffering more damage from Tenkai due to all the body blows that can't be helped and is going again on the offensive, sending a punch right for Tenkai's face, which he ducks under and gives him the same attack, an uppercut that lifts him off the ground but unlike Tenkai, he didn't drop. He was dazed though and that allowed Tenkai to slam into him, not caring about his defense anymore. He can't defend against those heavy blows so he need to just demolish him with aggressive attacks.

Tank gets his own hits in, hitting Tenkai in his ribs and stomach a few times but overall he's being beaten into a corner, literally. Tenkai is slamming him with quick, hard, punches tearing at his conciousness.
The ref makes him back up as Tank drops for a brief second. He gets back up again and stumbles over to Tenkai who slams him right in the nose with his right arm, breaking his nose and knocking Tank down for the count.

"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change." Says Tenkai as he's a bit pissed, walking away from Tank with a beaten face and torso.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10

The ref comes and grabs Tenkai's arm and raises it, showing he's the winner with a two round KO. The crowd shouts and cheers, Aalana about to lose her voice from screaming so loud.

"THIS YEAR'S HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION IS THE ONE AND ONLY TEEENNNNKKAAAII" shouts the announcer only making people get louder.

He walks off the stage and goes and get plenty of pictures taken, meetings, and a lot of other stuff that takes a bunch of time.

-break-

"Dude that fight was sick! I'm not gonna lie, I thought he got ya with that uppercut, GOD that was scary" says 1 of Tenkai's group of friends, only being 3 of them. His name is Leo.

"Well I mean, its Tony. So it was kinda expected that he'd get back up." Sayd his 2nd friend, Mario.

"I still think you played around too much that fight. You started strong but got got sloppy and almost lost." Says the 3rd, Aalana. "I was worried about your jaw..."

"Aww, cut me some slack Chief. I won the championship even while the guy was cheating."

All 3
"CHEATING!??"

"Uhh, yea. He had knuckles on. I felt em."
"Why didnt you say anything!?" Leo
"Why'd you just keep fighting him!?" Mario
"Why are you so stupid!?" Aalana

"Easy easy!!! I just wanted to beat him regardless of that. You know, my own power and stuff." says Tony as they all pause.

"This ain't one of your weeaboo ass shows dumbass! He coulda fucked you up!!" shouts Leo.

"Aye! You watch it too!" Tony says snapping back. "All of us do!"

"That's besides the point!! You cant risk shit like that man!"

"Alright Alright you're right"

"Dummy" says Aalana under her breath
"You dont have to keep callin' me names, Chief." He says as he laughs

"You really did risk a lot with that decision man. At least you came out on top. That's all that matters now I guess." says Mario
"Yeap!"

"Well, how about we go to that sorority party that's going down tonight to celebrate? Heard everyone's gonna be there." asks Leo, his tone of voice showing he does indeed want to go.

"No" says Mario.
"I'll go if Tony goes." says Aalana

"T?? Please say yes! I dont wanna go without you guys!" says Leo with his hands in a prayer position

"Sure, why not? But if we're goin' you can't drink."
"What? Why??"
"Because you cant handle it and then I have to help you get out of whatever dumbass position you find yourself in."
Leo grumbles
"Fine I won't drink."

"Welp, count me and Aalana in. M, you sure you dont wanna come?" Asks Tony

"Sigh fine. I'll come." He says not the most excited about it.

"Sweet. Who's driving?" asks Tony. All of them just stay silent and turn to him. ".....alright then. Get dressed and go to my car.

The group all give each other a nod and split off, going to their own places to get dressed and ready for the party. As they were going about this, something lurked and loomed through the air as night time fell.

The group got dressed an got to Tony's car, blasting music as they drove to the party, hyping themselves up for a good night. Once they got there they saw it was a basically a plaza. A large open spot, definitely a rich guy or girl's doing. They look to one another and march in, sticking close together being the friends they are. Upon entrance Tony is recognized as Tenkai, and cheered for as he won the championship today.

As the group enjoyed themselves, unknown events were stirring up.

"Don't you want revenge, boy?" asks a mysterious figure, shadow with colored eyes "you CHEATED and STILL lost~ maybe you should go to that party and settle the score."

"Maybe I should go. Me and my team. Show em why they call me Tank! Yea!" says the loser of today's competition, being influenced by this voice he cannot see.

"Kekeke come to me and I can grant you ample power to defeat 'Ten-Kai'. You and all your buddies!!" says the creature as it materializes, revealing its terrifying figure.

"I will! Yes! Give me that power!! shouts Tank as he is unwavering in seeing this creature. Three others with different colored eyes all emerge next to it, giving a menacing grin. The one that spoke enters Tank, changing his eye color to neon green. The others enter the three other guys that were in the area, Tank's friends.  Taking on the eye colors of red blue and purple, their hair also changing,  gaining highlights of these colors. Shadows loom off their bodies as they let out weird sounds, like hic and ke.

"Let's gO gEt tHaT bItCh!" says Tank in a distorted voice. It echoes and gets high and deep at random. The other 3 just make those sounds. The group heads out, on foot as they seem to be much faster than normal people.

Back at the party, Aalana and Tony are dancing to the music together, Mario and Leo are busy with other girls. All just having a good time. As Aalana dances, a guy comes behind her and pulls her hips to his. She stops dancing and tells him off but he insists.

"Hey, get off me!" she says loud enough for Tony to hear, training his attention on this.

"C'mon you're here dancing by yourself! Don't be so uptight." Says the creep as he rubs his cheek on hers

"Yo. Get the fuck off her. She doesn't wanna dance on you." says Tony walking over

"Buzz off boxer-boy. I'm just trying to have some fun."
"Im gonna buzz your damn face off you don't let her go."

"Fuck you." Are the last words the guy got out before Tony slugged him, knocking out a tooth and him off Aalana. Tony snatches her hand pulling her to him and hugging her as he looks at the creep.

"You only get two chances with me" says Tony as he takes Aalana away to check on her. She just tell him she's fine and decides to stay close to him.

Leo snagged a girl's number, being smooth in his way of talking to people. Mario in turn gave someone his number as they came at him instead of him going for them. Mario is mainly making sure that their buddy doesn't make a "leo". A "Leo" is a situation that could've gone a lot better if Leo wouldn't have done like one thing. "Leo's" can be catastrophic, from failing tests, to the car breaking down. There's no telling. Even Leo himself is aware of these.

"All good, Leo?" asks Mario
"All good!!" replies Leo, happy about what he just scored.

As the group of 4 continue their night, things take a negative turn.

The four figure-controlled men have arrived on the scene. Their conciousness tying into the monsters within them. They march into the party and stand at th he entrance immediately being recognized like Tony was.

"Kill eVeRyOnE!!!" shouts "Tank" as the four get to beating on anyone in their general vicinity. His command not being heard over the music so it just looks like a fight broke out. With these monsters inside of them they tear through these average people, pushing deeper into the party and gaining Tony and his group's attention.

"What the hell??" says Tony as he and Aalana move to the commotion, Leo and Mario as well. They all see the 4 holding people as Tank and Tony lock eyes. He tosses the guy in his grasp and stands up straight.

"The hell are you doing!!??" shouts Tony.
"Looking for you!" replies Tank as he looks at Aalana. He points to her and she gets grabbed by one of the four in a heartbeat. She resists and fights the person as shadows loom off their arms.

"EVERYBODY GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!!!" shouts Tony as he attacks the guy holding Aalana, knocking him off and not fearing the shadows. The crowd runs, Leo and Mario stay to help Tony. The two monsters charge them for this, fighting and easily overpowering them. "I dunno what the fuck you are, who you are, or where you came from but I do know you're on a murder spree. Tony raises his fists Come at me for round 3."

In that instant all of his group understood what they had to do. And began fighting to keep these....things away from the people, something inside keeping them from just running like everyone else. They all fought but the monsters were just too much....they're inhuman. The 4 are all beaten and bruised, trying to resist them. Tony suffering the most from fighting Tank.

Tony is punched by Tank, and sent skidding back. As he is further back now, he can see his friends being demolished by whatever these things are. Leo is resisting one while on the ground and Mario is being held by the neck in the air, kicking. Aalana is pinned on the wall with a hand around her neck and being strangled. She looks over at Tony feeling her life slipping, and mouths "run".

He tries to run over to her but the guy holding her pushes her by her neck deeper into the wall with what looks like dark spikes. The thing pulls them back and there's blood dripping off and she collapses.

"AALANA!!" screams Tony as he gets grabbed and slammed by Tank, cracking the ground. Tank pushes down on him trying to crush him as he resists but is definitely losing. He sees Mario and hears a crunch. Mario suddenly stops kicking, and the hand that was on the arms of the monster, falls as he lay limp in his grasp. The beast tosses him away like a ragdoll, his body crashing through a table of drinks and food.

"GET THE FUCK OFF ME!!!" screams Leo as he pushes against the beast thats over him. It looks at him and pulls its arm back and raises its leg, slamming down on Leo's chest and putting him through the floor. No sound or breath coming from him anymore.

Tony screams at what he just witnessed and gets into a frenzying panic, actually managing to push against Tank briefly. He gets from underneath him and stands up as the four all make their ugly sounds and edge closer to him. His eyes dart to each of his friends, seeing what happened to them.

"COME AT ME YOU DAMN MONSTERS!!!!! screams Tony, crying and bleeding from fighting. He challenges these monsters knowing what's going to happen. He knows they won't let him run so he may as well go down fighting. He goes back at them and attacks them in a 4 on 1 onslaught. He punches and kicks with 0 effect but making their faces jerk a little. They beat and smash on him as he doesn't waver in attacking them, despite the terrible conditions his body is in. This distraction giving everyone time to get away from whatever these things are. They toy with him, as they could kill him at any moment. Eventually, Tank gets bored of Tony and punches him, knocking him down. As he lay on his back, he tries to scoot awayonly for Tank to walk up to him and grab his head.

"Guess I'm the one makin' change now huh?" Tank say to Tony as he slams his fist through Tony's chest. It actually came out his back. His eyes go blank and his head drops. Tank rips his fist out of Tony, covered in his blood, as Tony falls back dead. 

With the death of Tony and his group, came the survival of everyone else at the party. Even those previously beaten were saved by a few other selfless people who risked doing that. As Tank stands over Tony, his body collapses and 2 dark figures emerge. One being the initial monster that caused this and the other, Tank. On a small, shadowy, form. The other 3 go through the same process, making 8 shadow figures in total. They all hic and ke as they grab the small shadows and leave. 8 bodies now on the ground. 4 perfectly fine and 4 brutally beaten. All, dead.

The police eventually arrived, taking everything into account and notifying all their families, tearing each apart with the sorrow of death. Time passed and the 4 were all buried near one another showing that yes, they were truly gone and dead.

And that's the end....of their human existence.

But a new one begins.

Hiya! Welenuf here! I'd like to say that's a pretty good stopping point dontcha think?

I hope ya enjoyed this! Tried to keep it a bit similar ya know? Hope you enjoyed. Any criticism or remarks ya have just comment em for me!

Oh....and yea. I'm alive again! I'll be updating in my free time! Next chapter gets into the trees and more!

For now though, I'm gonna say bye

Stay cool
Rock out
And smile folks!

Welenuf out!《○_○》

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 1.3K 47
[ BOOK 1 : COMPLETED ] 2019 is when the pandemic broke, little did they know that the Pandemic was just the beginning of an even bigger threat. Fast...
192 52 22
Souls. The soul is a magical incarnation of the human body. If those souls were to get reincarnated those souls will be reborn into an identical vers...
190 20 13
Book one of a three part series. They say heroes are made, not born. However sometimes this just isn't the case, especially in this world. As in th...
77 0 25
The World is dying as the elements of life began to rot causing untold devastation. Those left seek a savior except this savior is the one they betr...