Blood is Redder than Roses (K...

By 1person7_6

The world is separated into two species. One of them is known as the Vampires; a notorious species that harbo... More

Prologue
CH. 1 Why?
Ch. 3 I can't resist
Ch. 4 Remember
Ch. 5 You Murderer
Ch. 6 Seriously?!?
Ch. 7 I said stop
Ch. 8 Hypocrites
Ch. 9 Uh-oh
Ch. 10 Have you kissed yet?
Ch. 11 That wasn't...
Ch. 12 Torture
Ch. 13 School
Ch. 14 Dangerous
Ch. 15 Friends
Ch. 16 Don't forget me
Ch. 17 You've changed
Catching up

Ch. 2 Human

8.9K 444 802
By 1person7_6

Please like this chapter owo.

///Kirishima POV///

This chapter contains sharp objects.

"You're not human."

"Huh...?" 

I tilted my head to the side, showing my confusion.

"Mom...you don't joke often, but when you do, it's so funny!"

I began to form a suspicious conclusion.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder, causing me to flinch. It was Sis's hand as she gave me an indefinable expression that advised me to listen to Mom.

"Eijiro, you have two powers. You are a dragon, with a 'blessing' called Hardening."

"Is it like a dragon in Fairy Tail? That's so cool Mom! You have such a vivid imagination!" I beamed as I nervously tugged at my shirt.

(Yes, it's Fairy Tail.)

Everyone at the table stared at each other, communicating with glares of stress.

"Hey Kiri," said Sis softly as I turned to face her.

"Could you close your eyes? Don't open them until we say so, okay? No matter what."

"Ok Sis, is this a surprise for me?" I closed my eyes and sat there, squirming in my seat as I heard footsteps of everyone else heading towards the kitchen. They then headed back.

WHACK

I felt a sharp surface slam into me as my eyes jolted open. Naturally, being only ten years old at that time, I screamed at what I saw.

My arm.

There was a knife beside my arm bent into a mess. 

The knife must've hit my arm, but it wasn't my arm that was hurt. The knife lay there, a foot away from me, contorted into a ball of a twisted and knarled piece of metal. Tentatively, I touched my arm and screamed more because my skin was HARD.

I scrambled to my feet as I held my arm in front of me, scared and in bewilderment.

"M-Mom?!?" 

I looked over to see all three family members standing in front of me, with grieving looks on their faces. They were a little too far away from me.

"Kirishima...do...you... understand me now? Try turning it back to normal."

Mom whispered as both of her hands clenched together tightly in a praying position.

In my head, I willed it to disappear. When I thought about that, it did. Easy, I thought for a moment in my head. But then, doubts surfaced.

"Mom is this what you meant by having a special ability?"

I whispered as I cautiously wiped the tears that started to form.

"A-am I a Monster?"

Choking on a sob, Mom rushed up to hug me.

"No honey, you are still Eijiro Kirishima. You're not a monster."

She patted me softly on the back.

I looked at her, with a blurry vision from the incoming tears.

"Didn't you also say I was a dragon?"

Mom opened her mouth as if to say something, but closed it instead. She shook her head.

"I-I don't think you're ready for that Eijiro."

///////////End of Flashback///////// 

Present Day Kirishima.

Finding out that I was different from the other kids hurt me. I could've saved my whole family from being murdered, but I couldn't. Maybe even get bullied less. That never happened either. My life continued, normal, unhindered, and mundane at best.

So, slowly, my hope started fading away.

Like a fire in an endless void, the last of its flames extinguished.

Deep in thought, I trudged to school. As unfair as the world may view humans, it is still customary for us to go to school.

We have plenty of food and education. But here, in my community, you won't die from famine, yet dying of old age is rare here. You'll likely be at the mercy of a vampire before you reach of age anyways.

Vampires. Vampires. I can't express the hate I have towards them. I almost believed they weren't as malicious as everyone depicted them to be. My family's death proved me wrong in the most miserable way. Sometimes, when at church, with my friends, Sero, Mina, and Denki, we would sit inside the Church together as everyone else prayed. In our minds, we all think the same thing.

Lord, what did I do to deserve this? I wasn't a criminal, but I'm not perfect. Why must you put humanity at Satan's mercy?

We knew that it was wrong to question the omnipotent God. As the youth of that time of hardships, you wanted to make a change. Stay safe, is what the adults always tell us. Stay alive.

-----------------------------------------------

I never get into fights, much less noticed.

So why am I in this situation right now?

-----------------------------------------------

"Hey, brat!"

A bully hauled me up by the collar of my uniform just as I was about to leave school, dragging me into a nearby room.

"Man, it's annoying to see you always ignoring us vampires, walking past us like you're in a higher position."

Okay, he's trying to say I have a resting b*tch face. I respect his opinion.

I looked up to see one of the more popular jocks at our school.

A vampire. 

Slowly, I felt trauma resurface.

You see, vampires and humans have to attend their last year of high school together. The government thinks this will prepare us for a world where we'll live together in harmony. What a total nonsense if you ask me.

The jock came up close to my face.

"Your blood...it smells so sweet! Are you even human? God, it's like wine; it's making me drunk. You would be the PERFECT human if you had brains, that is."

I flinched as the vampire came closer, the coldness of their skin crawls down my spine. As the vampire came closer and closer, I couldn't bear it anymore.

"H-hold up there! Hey, uh, don't the rules here forbid any human blood?"

I stuttered, stumbling backward with my hands in front of me.

"L-let does not do this, alright?"

Bullying happens frequently, but not this.

The jock tilted his head to the side in response.

"Do you think the staff at this school would value one measly soul of a student above their own? You will be cleaned up of once you're dead, and your friends will forget you eventually. Humans were meant to be statistics, anyways."

I clenched my fists.

"Well, I think I value my own blood thanks-"

I didn't have enough time to react as the jock leaped towards me.

I closed my eyes in fear, expecting vampire teeth implanted into my neck.

"Hey now, just what are you doing to my property?"

I looked up as my eyes widened.

Katsuki Bakugou...?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 6K 18
Vampire's and humans have existed side by side for countless centuries. In exchange for peace, every year the vampire's would hold a ceremony to pick...
132K 3.4K 20
Izuku has lost his memory. The earliest thing he remembers is being attacked by a vampire, and being rescued by Katsuki Bakugo, the Pureblood Vampire...
7.4K 249 7
"If..you ever see me again after this night..I'm so sorry y/n, but I want you to run away from me. Run and never look back. Forget I even exist." Tha...
Mine By dreamer

Fanfiction

146K 2.6K 56
Izuku gets sold to the Mafia and finds out that mafia boss, Katsuki Bakugo is a vampire. What will Izuku do if he becomes the vampire's personal bloo...