Beating Heart✔️

By AnotherFangal

{Completed} One day while out running in the Maze you come across two mysterious boys who take you on somethi... More

Trapped
The boys
The doors opened
Grievers attack
Your story
Escape the Maze
Gladers Vs Grievers
W.C.K.D is good
Ratman
Painful Interrogation
Escape
The Mall
Cranks are worse than Grievers
Goodbye friend
Heat
Struck
Jorge and Brenda
Hanging around
I hate cranks!
What happened to your face sweetheart?
Close shots
The Right Arm
Who am I?
Attempting to Admit
Impulsive decision
Revenge
Sequel announcement

Traitor

3.5K 109 57
By AnotherFangal

When you woke up your were being dragged by two guards into rows with other people your age you guess were other immunes. You knew it would be useless fighting, it would just end in you getting hurt so you didn't struggle.

You were forced to your knees next to Minho and Newt was pushed roughly next to you a moment later, but no Thomas. You hoped he'd managed to escape. You took hold of Minho's hand behind your back feeling worried. He grabbed your hand and squeezed it back a sad look in his eyes.

You watched as Vince was shoved down next to Mary who gave you a reassuring smile. Sonya was rushed past and pushed down next to Aris an annoyed look on her pretty face. Guards started scanning the backs of your necks reading out a letter then a number.

You felt a guard scan your neck and for the second time that strange tingling stinging feeling went through you. "C5," he read out before moving on to Minho.

"A4," he said as Minho struggled slightly. You squeezed his hand reassuringly and he stopped instantly.

Your heart sank as you spotted Ratman talking to a Wicked member with a clipboard in his hand.

"Great," You muttered to yourself sarcastically. Your bruises were almost fully healed, you didn't want him giving you any more.

"Where's Thomas?" You heard him call looking up from his clipboard and scanning the faces of the immunes.

"I'm right here," came Thomas's voice. You groaned out loud, why didn't he leave when he got the chance?

"Thomas," Janson greeted an evil smile coming onto his face. Then he punched Thomas hard in the stomach causing him to bend over slightly, winded. You, Minho, Newt and Frypan fidgeted angrily glaring at Ratman. "Get him in line," he smirked at all of you pleased to see you couldn't retaliate, then swaggered away.

"Why didn't you run?" Minho asked Thomas sounding hopeless.

"I'm tired of running," Thomas answered quietly. You closed your eyes feeling hopeless. There was no way out of this, they'd caught you and there was no escape. No miracle idea or another army that could rescue you. The Left Knee wouldn't suddenly appear and save the day. Not this time.

The low rumbling sound of a Burg could be heard, the one that had dropped off all the soldiers was back. You looked up squinting slightly due to the lights it was flashing down. It got lower and you closed your eyes to stop sand getting blown in them.

It landed not far away and the ramp opened. Out marched 4 guard carrying guns and behind them was a woman wearing white clothes you didn't know.

As she neared a light shined on her face and you recognised her. "Holy shit," you muttered shocked, "That's Ava Paige." The boys around you mirrored your shocked emotion, you saw her shoot herself. She died. You saw it on that video how could she still be alive!

"Is this all of them?" She asked Janson.

"Most of them. But it'll be enough," he persuaded her. So this was Ratmans boss.

"Start loading them." She ordered walking away. Janson started shouting orders at guards and people started to be shoved onto the Berg Ava Paige had arrived on.

She beckoned to Thomas and he was roughly shoved to his feet by a guard. "Hello, Thomas," she greeted calmly. You looked at Thomas who said nothing he just gazed steadily back at her.

Then to your surprise, Teresa walked to her side avoiding eye contact with all of you. "I'm glad you're safe," Ava told her taking her hand.

You and the others were forced to your feet and you walked over to stand by Thomas. "Teresa?" Fry asked shocked.

"Wait, what's going on?" Newt asked but something clicked in your head and you felt a hatred you had never felt before. You knew she something was wrong, something was off. Ever since she kept saying odd things, then pretending it was just a guess. Since she was in that bed at Wicked right before you escaped.

"She's with them," Thomas confirmed.

"Since when?" Minho asked confused.

"Oh Teresa's always had an appreciation for the greater good," Janson answered walking around Teresa and putting a hand on her shoulder, "Since we restored her memories."

"You had yours given back?" You asked shocked.

"Didn't you?" She asked in a quiet voice.

"No," You breathed shaking your head and furrowing your eyebrows together. That must've been why she was in bed.

She looked up at the looks on her friend's faces. The mixture of confusion, betrayal and hurt. Then she looked at you, you gave her a deathly glare and she looked away quickly.

"I'm sorry," she said to everyone, you just shook your head. Your gut instinct was right when you thought you shouldn't trust her from the start back in the Maze. "I had no choice this is the only way," she continued looking desperately at Thomas. "We have to find a cure." Thomas shook his head refusing to believe one of his closest friends had betrayed him.

"She's right," Ava defended her, "This is all just a means to an end. You used to understand that Thomas." You looked at Thomas and was reassured he looked like it didn't want to believe it.

"No matter what you think of me. I'm not a monster I'm a doctor, I swore an oath to find a cure."

"But you'd kill hundreds of innocent kids for the greater good?" You asked angry tears making their way down your messy face. 

"No matter what the cost," she replied looking at you with ice in her eyes. "We just need more time."

"More blood," you recognised Mary's voice echo around the destroyed camp.

"Hello, Mary," Ava greeted a coldness in her words that hadn't been there before. "I hoped we'd meet again. I'm sorry it had to be under these circumstances."

"I'm sorry about a lot of things too," Mary said taking a step closer, you felt nervous wanting to tell her to be careful. "But not this," she continued, "At least my conscience is clear." Her voice was strong and clear, she knew exactly what she had done and it didn't make her feel ashamed.

"So is mine," Ava said and a loud gunshot sounded making you jump.

You looked at Mary who had gone very pale. "Mary?" You heard Vince shout. You looked down and saw a dark circle of blood on Mary's stomach. She looked and you smiled slightly and fell over. 

"Mary, No!" You shouted wanting to run over to her but Minho pulled you back into a tight hug.

You could hear Vince shouting and Minho whispering, "It's okay," in your ear.

"Come on Janson load them up, let's go," Ava said and you pulled away from Minho to see her begin to walk away. You looked into Minho's sad eyes and saw your emotion mirrored on his face, he wiped the tears off your cheeks and kissed your forehead. Even when it was all over and you could sense you were going to die very soon, he still gave you butterflies.

"Get back!" You heard Thomas shout and the sound of a bomb switching live. You looked at him and saw him holding an explosive in one hand and the remote in the other. Janson, Teresa and Ava all panicked stopping in their tracks. 

"Hold your fire!" Janson shouted to his guards who had raised their guns and pointed them at Thomas.

"Let them go," Thomas ordered pointing to the people on the Berg.

"Thomas put it down," Janson said his hands raised.

"Let them all go!" Thomas shouted again.

"You know I can't do that," Ava said taking half a step closer to Thomas.

"Thomas, please," Teresa yelled to him tears sparkling in her eyes. "Please stop, I made a deal with them, they promised, they promised we'd be safe all of us."

"So I'm supposed to trust you now?" Thomas asked her angrily and you agreed with him. Her opinion meant nothing to you now.

"It was her only condition," Ava added it but like that was going to make any difference. 

Thomas seemed to think the same as you, "Shut up!" He shouted at Ava.

"Everything can go back to the way it was," Ava said calmly.

"How it was?" You asked before you could stop yourself, "Because if mean being trapped in the Maze then I would rather be blown up." You finished shouting angrily.

"Come on, do you really want all of them to die?" You looked at Newt and Minho who gave the same expression back. In those seconds it was clear the three of you seemed to be thinking the same thing.

Do you stand with Thomas or risk getting put back in something like The Maze? Or something far worse Wicked had designed for the 'greater good'?

AHHH this was the tensed moment in the movie. Do y'all prefer books or movies?
Lotta love AFG

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 98 11
# - Minho (TMR) x Female! Reader .ೃ࿐ The Gladers eventually escape the maze, but now they must deal with more significant problems that will cost the...
8.7K 549 31
With only one name left on the list of non immune gladers, Thomas' wish comes true and Newt is spared. But you can't spare someone and not have to sa...
2.2M 60.1K 42
❝But now I know that wherever we are, or whatever we're doing, we'll always have each other.❞ You woke up in the Maze two years ago with no memories...
307K 6.4K 39
☆~°His Cure°~☆ ☆~°Newt X Reader°~☆ ~°☆°~ (Y/N) was one of the first Gladers, she was only 13 when she arrived not long after Alby and Minho, Newt cam...