Burn || Poe Dameron

By natlovesfandoms

"we are the spark that will light the fire that will burn the first order down." - [star wars episodes VII-IX... More

Extended Summary & Cast
Prologue
PART ONE - THE FORCE AWAKENS
• Chapter One - The Map to Luke Skywalker
• Chapter Two - FN 2187
• Chapter Three - The Chase Through Jakku
• Chapter Four - The Smuggler & The Wookie
• Chapter Five - The Rathtars & The Jedi Legend
• Chapter Six - Maz Kanata
• Chapter Eight - Something There That Wasn't There Before
• Chapter Nine - Starkiller Base
• Chapter Ten - The Calm Before The Storm
PART TWO - THE LAST JEDI
• Chapter Eleven - F*cking Boys
• Chapter Twelve - She's Kinda Hot Though
• Chapter Thirteen - Vice Admiral Holdo

• Chapter Seven - The Battle of Takodana

1.3K 47 6
By natlovesfandoms

There were many screams and cries of fear around us while Han, Chewie, Finn, and I all pulled out our blasters. Even though they would be no help against the TIE fighters, we had to protect Takodana when the transport ships arrive.

As the TIE fighters got closer and closer, I turned to Finn and asked, "I thought you were leaving?"

He turned to look at me and gave me a small shrug with a little smile, "I can't become who I want to be by running away."

That made a smile form on my face. We nodded at each other before Han tapped my arm. Finn and I turned towards him, and he motioned down. We saw Maz standing right next to him, and she was motioning for us to follow her. The three of us looked at each other confused before following her inside, even though I wanted to stay outside to protect the citizens. Plus, I was really nervous because I had no idea where BB-8 and Rey are.

"Where are we going?" I asked Maz as she led us down a flight of stairs, "We need to be out there defending this place!"

"I need to give you something," She answered me as she led us down a dark hallway very quickly, "I've had this for ages, and I kept it locked away."

Finn and I looked at each other confused as we finally stopped in front of a small wooden box. Max opened the box, and to my surprise, she pulled out a lightsaber. She held it up to Han, who looked like he just saw a ghost.

"Where'd you get that?" Han asked her.

"A good question for another time," She replied before turning to Finn and saying, "Take it, find your friend."

I don't know why it took me so long to piece it together, but that was the lightsaber that belonged to Luke Skywalker. That's why Han seemed so shocked. That's how he looked when he first found out about the map. Finn just looked at Maz determined before taking the lightsaber.

Suddenly, there was a large rumble from above us. Dust and some rubble fell from the ceiling, which made Chewie roar. Maz looked up in horror and muttered, "Those beasts."

There was another large rumble above us. And another. And another. We all looked at each other before taking off towards the stairs. We all ran up them quickly as the ceiling caved in behind us, covering the entire lower floor. We sprinted towards the front door, but it was covered in rubble. Chewie picked up some of the rocks to try to create a path out while I got my blaster ready. When Chewie finally had a path for us to get out, Han led the way out. When we got out, my jaw dropped in horror.

They entire place was destroyed. There were stormtroopers everywhere, shooting at the people of Takodana. There was rubble from ten castle all of the place, some of the areas on fire from the TIE fighters. Han shot down three of the stormtroopers without a glance before shouting, "Come on, Chewie!"

Finn and Maz ran out behind me, and when I saw two stormtroopers running towards us, I aimed my blaster and shot both of them down quickly. Finn seemed really impressed as he said, "Damn."

I just gave him a look, even though I did appreciate the compliment. It really reminded me a lot of Poe. Maz motioned to the two of us, and we got close to her. She said to us, "Rey and BB-8, they need you. Now, go!"

I went to take off, but Finn shouted, "I need a weapon!"

"You have one!" Maz and I both shouted at him as we both motioned to the lightsaber.

Finn just looked at the lightsaber for a moment before pressing the button. The lightsaber began to glow a bright blue, which made me smile in awe. The two of us looked at each other determined before running into battle.

As shots fired above our heads by the TIE fighters, I held up my blaster and shot down another stormtrooper. As Finn shoved the lightsaber through another stormtrooper's chest, I picked up another blaster so I could have two. As I shot two stormtroopers at the same time, I began to look around for any sign of Rey or BB-8. My heart dropped when I couldn't see them anywhere, but it also made me relieved because hopefully they weren't anywhere near this.

Suddenly, I heard somebody shout, "Traitor!"

I spun around and saw Finn and another stormtrooper having a stare down. As Finn held up the lightsaber, I began to say to him nervously, "Finn-"

"Go, Elyse!" He shouted at me over the blasts without looking at me, "Go find them."

"Finn, I can't leave you!" I shouted back at him.

"I'll catch up with you! Go!"

A shaky breath left my mouth as I hesitated. Then, I listened to what Finn said and took off . Shots flew past me as I continued to take down any stormtroopers that got in my way. I shot another stormtrooper when something caught my eye. I saw a woman holding her side, which was bleeding. I ran over to her quickly and bent down next to her. She started to back up, but immediately stopped when it was too much pain for her.

"It's okay," I assured her as I took off my jacket and holding it to her wound, "I'm a doctor. It's okay."

She seemed to relax a little bit, but I could still see the fear in her eyes as I saw the lasers shoot above us. I told her, "I'm going to get you out of here. On three, we're going to stand up. Okay?" She nodded her head, and I placed her arm around my neck, "One, two, three!"

The two of us stood up at the same time, and my arm went around her waist to hold her up. A stormtrooper fired towards us, but I shot him down quickly and moved the woman so we could dodge the shot. The two of us moved as quickly as we could, but it wasn't too fast because I didn't want to hurt her even more. When we got to the woods, I led her over to a small little crevice where she wouldn't be seen. I helped her sit down, and she let out a sigh of relief.

"Stay here and keep this on there," I told her motioning to my jacket on her wound, "I'll come back for you. I'm going to get you fixed up."

"Th-thank you," She barely got out.

A small smile formed on my lips before standing up and running out of the woods. I went to pull out my blaster, but as soon as I stepped out, a laser shot right against my arm. A scream of pain escaped my mouth as I fell on the ground. My hand flew up to my arm, which was getting covered in blood. Before I could even stand up, about six stormtroopers were surrounding me with their blasters pointed at me.

"Drop your weapon and stand up," One of them ordered me.

I let out a small sigh before standing up and setting my blaster on the ground. Two of the stormtroopers grabbed my arm and started to drag me back out to the middle of the battlefield. My heart dropped when I saw Finn, Han, and Chewie all surround by stormtroopers with their hands above their heads. When they saw me, they looked upset about the fact that I got caught too. I'm just happy they're all still alive. The stormtroopers forced me to place my hands behind my head.

"Bring them to the ship," One storm trooper ordered.

A stormtrooper shoved my arm, and I rolled my eyes before walking towards the ship. I heard Han, Chewie, and Finn walking behind me as stormtroopers walked beside us with blasters so we couldn't escape. My heart began to ache for BB-8 and Rey. I really hope they were alive. I hope Rey could get him back to the Resistance since I couldn't.

Suddenly, a stormtrooper said, "We have incoming! Move, move, move!"

As all the stormtroopers ran away from us getting ready for battle, the four of us slowly took our hands out from behind our heads and looked out at the water. There was a large wave coming towards us, but a smile grew on my face when I saw some very familiar ships flying towards us.

"It's the Resistance," I said breathlessly.

All of the X-Wings came flying out of the wave and towards the TIE fighters. The X-Wings began to fire at the TIE fighters, which caused them all to start falling down. A TIE fighter crashed down and exploded a few feet away from us. One of the X-Wing pilots shot the one storm trooper still standing next to us. The four of us gave each other a look before running and finding a blaster. Once I found one, I held it up and shot the stormtrooper aiming at me. I shot down some more, but immediately stopped when something caught my eye.

There was one X-Wing ship that was taking down every TIE fighter in their path while flying so gracefully. A small laugh escaped my lips at the thought of how strong the Resistance really is. As the X-Wing flew above my head, I heard Finn shout, "THAT'S ONE HELL OF A PILOT!"

As Finn ran back over to me, I noticed that all of the stormtroopers were running back towards their ship, and the rest of the TIE fighters were all flying away. Finn and I both looked over at the ship, and my eyes widened when I saw Kylo Ren holding somebody in his arms while walking back into his ship. My heart dropped when I saw it was Rey.

"NO!" Finn suddenly shouted.

Before I could even say anything, Finn sprinted off towards the ship. I immediately took off after him, sprinting as fast as I could. Please keep in mind that's not very fast. Finn kept screaming out Rey's name as he ran towards the ship. As the ship started to take off, Finn stopped at shouted, "REY!"

As I finally reached him, the ship took off into the sky. I gently placed my hand on his shoulder and said, "Finn, I'm sorry. Trust me, I'm worried too, but the best thing we can do is get back to the Resistance. They can help Rey. We can come up with a plan to rescue her. Please, trust me."

He looked completely shattered as he just looked at the spot the ship was in. Then, he turned to me and asked, "They can really save her?"

"Yes, I promise you." I assured him, "Just come back to the Resistance with us."

He just slowly nodded his head, even though I knew his mind was still racing about Rey. I placed my hand on his shoulder, and we started to walk over to the large Resistance ship that just landed. Before I could even get all the way over there, a very familiar droid stepped in front of me.

"Elyse!" C-3PO said to me excitedly while waving his red arm at me, "Oh my, it's so good to see you."

As Finn just eyed C-3PO weirdly, I smiled at him and said, "It's good to see you too, 3PO. Is General Organa here with you?"

"She's over by the ship talking to Han Solo," He informed me before continuing, "I couldn't believe it! I don't think he recognized me because of the red arm, but-"

"3PO," I cut him off because even though I loved C-3PO, he had a tendency to talk a lot, "This is Finn. He helped Poe and I escape from the First Order, and he's been helping me try to get BB-8 back. Could you escort him to the ship, please?"

"Of course," C-3PO replied before turning to Finn and saying, "It's so lovely to meet you. I'm C-3PO. Let me tell you some things about the ship-"

Finn just gave me a look before walking off with C-3PO. I laughed a little bit before walking over to the ship. My heart lifted up when I saw General Organa. She was talking to Han, but when she saw me, a small smile formed on her face. She excused herself from Han, and when he saw me standing close to them, he seemed to understand why she wanted to talk to me. He walked away from us, and when he was gone, General Organa held out her arms. I immediately walked over and hugged her tightly. It felt very good to see her again. Ever since I've left Naboo, she's been the mother figure in my life, and I really missed her because she's one of the few people who really believe in me.

Once we pulled away, she placed her hand on my cheek and asked, "How are you?"

"I'm okay," I assured her, "I'm so sorry."

"For what?" She asked me confused.

"I failed you, General. You trusted me to go with Poe and BB-8 to get the map to Luke, but I failed to even get to you. Now, Poe is dead and I don't even know where BB-8 is. You believed in me because you saw something in me, and I proved to you that was wrong. I'm so sorry."

My head fell down as tears started to build in my eyes. General Organa just made me look at her and said to me, "Elyse, you did not fail me. There was a reason I sent you to go on this mission. You did exactly what I needed you to do. You needed to get the map and keep it safe. And you did. When I said I saw something in you, I meant it. You're not a failure. In fact, I'm very proud of you."

"Really?" I asked her.

She nodded her head and smiled at me. I gave her a small smile and quickly wiped the tears from my eyes. That's when I remembered something, "There a woman over there in the woods. She's hurt pretty bad."

General Organa told some of the Resistance soldiers behind her, and they took off running out to the direction I told them. Suddenly, I heard a very familiar beeping next to me. When I looked to my left, I saw BB-8 quickly rolling over to me. A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I fell to my knees and held out my arms. BB-8 rolled right into my arms and placed his head on my shoulder. I started to laugh happily since I knew he was alive.

I let go of him and asked him, "Are you okay? Do you still have the map?"

Yes, He replied, which made me let out a sigh of relief, They took Rey. We have to rescue her.

"We will, buddy. I promise," I assured him, knowing how much he really cared about Rey. I gave him a small smile and asked, "You ready to go home?"

You bet!, He answered excitedly.

I let out a sigh of relief, "Me too."

———

As soon as we landed at the Resistance base, the doors of the ship opened, and a lot of the soldiers ran out, along with Finn and BB-8. I stayed behind with a few of the other soldiers taking care of the injured woman. I was putting the finishing touches on her bandage when one of the soldiers told me, "We can take her to the Med Bay when you're done, Doctor."

"Thank you," I replied, "When you get there, could you tell one of the other medics that I said to put her in a room so she can get some rest?"

The man nodded his head, and I thanked him. When I was finally done, the soldiers placed her on a gurney and took her to the Med Bay. I picked up my jacket, which was covered in blood, and tied it around my waist. I looked at the cut on my arm, and it had dry blood around it. I'll definitely have to look at it later.

I walked off the ship, and a smile formed on my face when I saw the very familiar base in front of me. Many soldiers and pilots welcomed me back as I walked by. It felt very good to be back. Being on the run can definitely take a toll on you, and it was nice being in a very familiar place again.

When I saw Finn and BB-8, I immediately stopped when I saw they were talking to somebody. Somebody with dark hair and a handsome smile wearing a orange pilot uniform. Somebody that I never thought I would see again. My heart dropped to the ground.

"Poe?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 379 23
As Kylo Ren and the sinister First Order rise from the ashes of the Empire, Luke Skywalker is missing when the galaxy needs him most. It's up to Kirr...
9.7K 204 19
"I guess you're STUCK with me..."
109K 2.9K 20
❝must be the mandalorian in you.❞ [the force awakens - the rise of skywalker]
151K 2.1K 75
hey i'm asiya and i wrote most of these imagines/preferences when i was younger so I'll be making major edits very soon! Characters I've featured: Lu...