Last Ones Standing | Kim Namj...

By _xnemesis

a 김남준 fanfic. none of the media I use in my books is mine. Cover by @vanterous highest Ranking: #1 in apocal... More

十一
十二
十三
十四
十五
十六
十七
十八
十九
二十
二十一
二十二
二十三
二十四
二十五
二十六
二十七
二十八
二十九
三十
三十一
三十二
三十三
三十四
三十五
三十六
三十七
三十八
Epilogue

三十九

4.5K 264 197
By _xnemesis

Jung Hoseok

"DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW TO LAND THIS GODDAMN THING?!"

My cousin yelled in my ear as I pressed random buttons in panic and looked at her sheepishly through the rear-view mirror. "Does it look like I can?" I replied. A scowl appeared on her face as she realized I was being sarcastic with her.

"How dare y-" before she could complete her angry retort, I pulled the controlling lever up causing Sora to go flying across the interior of the helicopter and bump her head on the back seat knocking her unconscious.

If this were a different situation I would be laughing my damn ass off but currently I was too busy trying not to die. My attention shifted back to the control buttons as I tried to remember what Minho taught me about landing.

I saw a red button that read 'emergency' and a frown appeared on my face.

'Maybe I should press it'

Meanwhile...

"Do you think the pilot is high or a psycho because it looks like that helicopter will end up crashing" Jimin said as he looked at the sky along with the rest of his friends. There was a helicopter going up and down like a wild bull, changing directions every few seconds as if it had no idea where it was.

"Who do u think is inside?" Taehyung asked fascination clear on his face.

"I'd be surprised if it's not another form of you" Jimin replied shifting his attention to his friend.

"Are you saying I'm a psycho?"

"Mayb-"

"Guys shut up, I think I see Hoseok" Namjoon cut Jimin off leaning forward to look closely in the helicopter.

"Who the hell is Hoseok?" It was Yoongi this time.

"Sora's cousin-"

"Wait Sora has a cousin?" Jimin cut in.

"Well yeah I just said so" Namjoon deadpanned.

"Stop attacking everyone Jimin" Taehyung glared at the older guy.

"Me?!" His eyes went wide. "Namjoon's the one who's attacking me why the hell you blaming m-"

He got cut off again when the helicopter suddenly faced them and started racing towards the very house they were standing on top of. "Holy shit that's coming towards us!" Taehyung yelled.

"Rip" Yoongi mumbled as he did the sign of the cross across his shoulders and forehead.

Jimin looked at him wide eyed. "I thought you were gay!"

"So? You can be gay and religeos Ji~ Min~" Taehyung responded matter of factly, pushing his non-existent glasses on his nose bridge as if he had just revealed Newton's third law.

"Well, actually I'm bi-" Yoongi added.

"Guys seriously quit it this is not the time to be questioning your sexuality"

They all prepared to face death as Jungkook stood quietly in the background listening to them bicker back and forth.

Lee Sora

Once again, I found myself opening my eyes groggily. I felt a dull throb at the back of my head and felt myself lying on a not so comfortable ground. Almost felt like the pavement except my head was on something soft (a cushion..?).

I heard soft familiar murmurs amongst a group of people I knew very well. My eyes shot open and I sat up straight only to feel the dizziness kick in. "Hey" I heard a deep voice next to my ear. "don't be so hasty, you'll hurt yourself" A warm hand appeared on my back for support.

My eyes widened and whipped to the source of the voice almost to confirm he was really there. "Namjoon!" His name left my mouth and before I could hold back, I lunged at him.

Not very romantic.

My arms wrapped around him and I buried my face into his neck as his went around my waist without any hesitance. I inhaled and a ghost of a smile formed at my lips as the familiar tree scent filled my nose.

"I missed you too" He said amusement lingering in his voice. I pulled back and studied his face as if trying to see if he was real.

"Am I dead?" I asked genuinely. The last thing I remember was Hoseok flying a helicopter and going crazy. He chuckled and looked up at someone stood behind me.

"You almost died" Yoongi's voice came from behind me and I turned to look at him. Taehyung, Jimin, Jungkook and Hoseok stood around him. My eyes studied each of them before stopping at Hoseok with a glare.

"You knocked me out on purpose didn't you!" I went to stand up and punch him but Namjoon wouldn't let me. Hosoek shook his head hurriedly as if to deny whatever I was saying.

Before anyone could say anything I stopped. I looked at where I was and realized it was the roof of Yoongi's manor. My eyes shot around in search for the last person I was here with before I ended up in that helicopter.

"Where's ...?" My mouth opened but couldn't finish the question when my eyes landed on Jungkook. He had deep eye bags under his dark brown eyes and hollow cheeks as if he hadn't slept or eaten in days. Which was confusing since I just saw him a day before yesterday looking as happy as ever. But now... he looked dead inside.

And not in a joking way.

"Sora-" Namjoon trailed off as the others looked at the ground sadly.

"She turned, didn't she?" I cut him off before anyone else could tell me. My thoughts were confirmed when no one said a thing. I stood up, pulling away from Namjoon's embrace as my eyes went back to Jungkook.

I had never seen him look so sad before. He was glaring at the ground as if he wanted to say something but was hesitant.

"It's all my fault" I gasped. "I left her up here with the gun and ..."

"No-" Namjoon tried to say.

"I didn't protect her" I cut him off again.

"It's not your fault" Jimin mumbled but no one else spoke. Hoseok just stood there nervously not knowing who everyone was talking about.

"It is!" I replied looking straight at him. "She told me she was scared to go alone! She begged me to go with her-" I stopped when I looked at Jungkook gritting his teeth. "I'm so sorry Jungkook..." Tears filled my eyes as I saw his state.

"Sorry won't bring her back" He said in a low voice, his fists clenching.

"I know it won't bu-"

"It wasn't your fault." It was his turn to cut me off. "You were right"

He took a deep breath.

"You were right all along. You were right about me treating her like that. You were right when you said she didn't deserve me. I was a dick to her. I pretended like I never cared for her even though I loved her more than anyone. It's my fault this happened to me, I was too pathetic and this is what I deserve"

"Jungkook..." Jimin walked up to him and pulled him into a hug. Tears started trickling down his cheeks as he stood there blaming everything on himself. It made me feel guilty, about saying all those things to him. Taehyung joined in and patted his back.

I wiped my tears and slowly smiled at him. "What matters is that you realized and that she is in a better place. Far away from this hell" I said gesturing at the view of the city behind us. He nodded as I studied everyone sadly.

Her missing presence brought a dull ache to my heart.

Alright I'm ending this book in the next chapter or so because I think its been stretched out too far and I haven't been updating enough :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7 0 9
There's No Chance of living a normal life, Losing hope was all what they could think about, tired of running away and hidding to some abandoned build...
148K 11.2K 45
"Dying was NOT on today's agenda." "Dying shouldn't be on any days agenda." "Oh, since when are you the one making the plans, huh?" ❖ Surviving the a...
1.8M 89K 43
The last five chapters are private so you have to follow me to read those private chapters Highest ranking - 3 April 2017 - #26 in fanfiction 24 Apr...
60.8K 1.9K 27
*HIGHEST RANKING: #2 ZombieOutbreak* It was just any other day of school. Until, what I thought only happened in movies, happened. why? what did we d...