Think Again, Birdie (TheBeatl...

By AddictingFanFic

Audrey Hepburn is the best personal assistant on the face of the planet. She's smart, beautiful, and overly p... More

Chapter 1: Good Money
Chapter 2: New Beginnings
Chapter 3: A Course of Action
Chapter 4: The Ride
A/N: On Hold
I'm Continuing
Chapter 6: Suddenly Friendly
Chapter 7: Dinner and a Show
Chapter 8: Vengeful Pride

Chapter 5: Little Slave, Little Slave

335 10 5
By AddictingFanFic

When they arrived at the hotel in London, rooming arrangements were as so: The Beatles shared a hotel room that came with four other rooms, a small kitchenette, and a living room, while Audrey and Brian had their own rooms that all looked exactly the same; Audrey's being only two doors down from the band and Brian's being across the hall from them. And Audrey couldn't be any happier. She had been afraid that, for some reason, she would have to share a room with The Beatles. Obviously, she was relieved that she didn't have to see any of them; especially Paul. Audrey was still in mortification at Paul's actions on the train ride over. And even though she was happy to be away from them, she kept having thoughts of them talking about what Paul had done and how oh-so funny it was. In her mind, she had it put that Paul only kissed her to impress the others. She felt disrespected and taken advantage of.

And as she kept thinking of what they could be saying while she unpacked her things and settled in, a knock echoed through her hotel room. Curiously, she ran a hand down her dress and then answered the door. Much to her surprise, it was John.

"Hi," he said nonchalantly; leaning on the door way with his hands in his pockets. Audrey swallowed nervously, expecting the worst, and gave a single nod. "Hello," she answered shortly. "I was thinking maybe you'd like to come sight seeing with me and the others. We could use a bird like yourself."

She narrowed her eyes. "A bird?" John shrugged a shoulder. "Yeah," he replied, "You know, a girl... Are you coming or not?" For some reason, she felt excited. Yes, she was still mad at Paul, but John was asking her to hang out with them. John. The one who seemed to have hated her. But she hid the excitement and casually nodded. "Sounds nice," she said. "Good," he replied, standing tall, "Let's get going, shall we, Birdie?" Audrey nodded, - blushing at the newly found nickname - leaving the room with the key in her pocket.

Audrey followed John down into the lobby where all of the only two Beatles stood, chatting about what things there were to do there. "Look who came to join us." John smiled, interrupting Paul and Ringo's conversation. "What happened to getting George?" Ringo asked who toyed with a camera in his hands; eyebrows furrowed. John shrugged a shoulder as if George not being around wasn't much of a big deal. "He said he wanted to stay in the room and catch up on his resting before the show in a few days. It isn't every day we get to sleep in."

Ringo looked Audrey up and down as if scanning her for approval. "Alright," he shrugged, "She's the next best thing, I suppose."

"Well, let's get going then." Paul rushed.

Audrey hardly looked at Paul, making it easier to stick around. Every now and then she could feel Paul stealing a glance, but she acted as if she didn't notice. Though, the small glances began to make her nervous. As they all walked down the street a giant clock that rose high in the sky was seen; Big Ben.

John quickly stopped looking up at the clock. "This is absolutely amazing." he beamed, "We've got to take a picture, yeah?" The boys agreed and stood in front of Big Ben; getting as close as they could . Ringo held up his camera, facing it towards them as they posed for a picture. But before the camera could go off, John quickly denied it from happening. "Wait just a minute," John said as he stepped over to Audrey. "I think we've forgotten about someone." A small grin slid on to her face, feeling that John was finally changing. However, that little dream changed quickly when John snatched Ringo's camera from his hands and shoved it into Audrey's.

She looked up at him in confusion. "Certainly you're aware that a personal assistant is never on holiday?" John said, acknowledging her dumbfounded look that she quickly wiped off.

"Of course." said Audrey. She took the camera in her hands, trying her best not to look too disappointed, and took the picture if the posing Beatles. It was her first time in London and she too wanted to have a little fun. Sadly, that wasn't going to happen.

All of that hope that John had finally come through to her just fled from her body; and it wasn't even just about John. In fact, she felt overly taken advantage of by all of the Beatles; all except George anyways. But she figured that he didn't count since he was a quiet one anyways.

All day long it was like this. Audrey slaved to the band; taking pictures, ordering their food if they went to a restaurant, Ringo even made her tie his shoes if they came loose; which somehow was every five minutes. Paul had her scraping gum off of his shoe at one point.  Sure she was used to being an assistant in such a manner, but it had been two years since someone had talked to her and treated her the way they had. Marilyn had definitely spoiled her. Though she was no picnic in the park either, it was definitely easier with Marilyn.

-------------------------

Audrey struggled with the millions of bags in her hands, and the ridiculous fools hat on her head that had three bells; they jingled every time she moved. Personally, Audrey thought they had only gotten the hat to make her look like an idiot; certainly, she did look just that. The bags were filled with all of the things The Beatles had bought. And if Audrey never thought men couldn't shop as much as a woman, well her perspective was definitely changed. They didn't even think to help her as they passed her by in the lobby, stepping into the elevator. "Wait!" Audrey begged as it began to close.

"Perhaps you can catch the next one?" Paul suggested; the doors closing before she could protest. Audrey blew out hot air from her bottom lip that caused her bangs to levitate only for a second, and then fall. She was absolutely annoyed. They were doing this on purpose, and as innocent and naïve as she had seemed, she knew what they were doing very well. She knew they treated her this way just to have a laugh. They seemed so different with other people. Obviously they were just having fun with her.

Somehow Audrey managed to get into the elevator and make it up to their floor. She wobbled out of the elevator, causing a bag to drop from underneath her elbow. She groaned, knowing whatever was in the bag was now on the floor. She struggled to pick it up, but determined, she had done it. The girl was a professional.

Audrey came to The Beatles' room and luckily the door was wide open. When she had entered, Paul was sitting on the sofa watching some comedy program, Ringo was sitting next to him, putting out his cigarette in an ashtray that sat on a small table next to him, and John was standing next to the sliding glass door that led to the balcony; George still in his room. The door was open to release the smoke from the cigarette that sat between his fingers.

"Knock, knock." she huffed.

"Finally." John muttered venomously. Audrey held herself  back from rolling her eyes at the diva. "Where do you want it?" was all she asked. "Hmm," John hummed in thought as he looked around the room like there wasn't a place to put it; when indeed there were a million places she could have set everything down.

"Where to put it." John thought out loud, "Perhaps you can arrange whose things are whose and then put them in our rooms." Audrey's face wanted to fall and she wanted to scream and pull her hair out while telling him to do it himself, but she was better than that and nodded. Audrey wobbled towards an empty sofa that sat vertex to the one Ringo and Paul were sitting on.

"You can take a seat on the ground." John stated before Audrey could bend down to sit on the soft sofa. That's all she wanted to do after being in her feet all day, catering to those men. She just wanted a nice place to sit. And at first, she gave him a confused look, but in his eyes she knew he was serious, and took a seat on the floor.

She shrugged off every bag that clung to her, then looked over at John.

"How do I know what things belong to what person?" she asked. John exhaled the smoke from his lips and then shrugged. "Figure it out." said he as he flicked his dead cigarette outside, and then walking into his room.

Audrey let out a small sigh and then began to go through the bags. She went off of their personalities as she Mae piled of what belonged to who.

------------------------------

The moon grew high as Audrey fell flat on her face as she landed on top of her comfortable bed. Six hours. Six hours rearranging those bags and then placing them in a specific place in those bossy boys' rooms. They would take forever to tell her where they wanted their things and if she'd mistake one of their things for the others, they would nag at her. She had never been so exhausted in one day. All she could think about was going to sleep. She kicked off her cherry red stilettos and closed her eyes, letting out a sigh of content. Luckily she left her hotel room unlocked so she didn't have to hassle with opening the door. Her body began to feel relaxed and slowly, but surely, she began to fall asleep.

---------------------------

It was nearly three in the morning as Ringo was in a deep sleep; snoozed comfortable in his bed; light snores corrupting the silence of his room. His door, that was shut tightly, slowly creaked open and John pushed himself through, from the other side. Ringo stirred a bit from the doors moaning but didn't awaken.

"Ringo," John said in a whisper, shaking his friend.

"Five more minutes mum, and I'll go pick the corn," Ringo said unconsciously as he turned onto his side. John rolled his eyes and pulled a pillow from underneath Ringo's head, hitting him with it harshly. Ringo bounced straight up. "It was Paul!" he shouted in the process. John clasped his hand over Ringo's mouth. "Shh," he hushed sternly. Ringo furrowed his eyebrows and looked up at John, removing his hand from his mouth.

"Its time," John smiled deviously, holding up a small room key. Ringo's dumb expression turned into a smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.8K 1K 43
When Bella took over the role as a personal assistant to the star Bruno Mars, she never expected her life would change forever.
9.6K 233 15
»»-------------¤-------------«« After 5 years of being the assistant of one of the biggest companies in the Seol, you have falling helplessly in love...
771K 17.9K 26
Valerie Sparks can't believe it when she gets fired from the financial firm she works at. Now jobless and full of untouched potential, she does the o...
256K 11.8K 29
Living in Los Angeles and finding herself in desperate need of money, Iris found it the most obvious option to try her hand at acting. Working as an...