Servamp:Behind their Façades.

By TheLostSilence

During a Get-together at Misono's house with all of the Eves and their Servamps -Excluding Izuna and Freyja... More

Summary.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 12

2K 88 100
By TheLostSilence

  (A/N:Everybody wants me to update Servamp:Back to the Past but whatever, I'm gonna update this first. :P)

"Oh,it's you," Kuro grumbled in a low tone of one of the most troublesome person on his list was calling and disturbing them,and even wondered why he would call.

  Licht usually ignored Mahiru and paid attention to Kuro more because of his cute cat form of who he called 'Neko-San'.

  And the list that Kuro had,the 'most troublesome person on his list' list,actually consisted of everybody's name that he knew on it,with Hyde earning the spot of number one.

  No wait,it's probably Tsubaki.

  Yeah,he's number one,and Hyde's coming in at number two.

  Licht's number three,Mikuni's four, Misono's five,and Mahiru's six which was surprising as when he first met the boy, he thought that he had to be the most troublesome guy he has ever met.

  Turns out he has grown impeccably fond of the brunette, and likes everything that he does for the lazy-ass vampire,which was him.

  And then World End probably number seven, Mother or Freyja at eight because he hasn't seen her in a while,probably the same as World End too, and blah blah blah.

  Oh right.

  He needed to switch Mikuni's position,or Licht's position,with Sakuya,because that irritating guy just wouldn't stop fawning over and getting close to Mahiru.

  And probably switch Hyde's,or Lawless's place with Touma because that guy freaking injured Mahiru and tried to turn somebody into a Servamp—

  The list is too long so I won't list down all of the names as the names are just people he's met in life who's names are listed down in a manner that depicts who is more annoying than the last.

"Neko-San?" Licht asked incredulously as his tone was still harsh and demanding,but since he had a soft spot for cats,his tone was lighter than when directed at Hyde.

He's proud that he had managed to win Licht over sometimes,bragging it to his younger brother nonchalantly.

His younger brother,Hyde,always rebutted in response and asked him for advice,but the bad advice Kuro always gave was this:

"Be as cute as me then."

He has lost count of the number of times Hyde has smacked him on the head for that remark,and he always stormed off with a pouty face and mumbling stuff like,'I'll figure it out myself'.

But Kuro would always frown in irritation and with animalistic anger swirling in his chest whenever he saw Mahiru,cradling the hedgehog-Hyde in his arms gently.

That was supposed to be him in Hyde's position and not the hedgehog for God's sake.

He was the one that was supposed to be swoon over; he was the one supposed to be in those gentle arms and being swayed to sleep;he wasn't supposed to be the one taking care of Licht.

He'd like their positions to be reversed and switched and he be given back to his rightful Eve or Master,thank you very much.

He didn't want to switch Eves,okay?

He was already content with Mahiru.

Okay,Mahiru would sometimes bother him by asking him to do chores when he can't be bothered to,and taking out the trash.

But he always thanked and praised him afterwards with that same smile on his sunshine's face, and that made the chores a bit more worthwhile.

Mahiru gives a very,very comfortable amount of distance between them and didn't force Kuro into anything,besides the chores,and said that he'd wait for him to tell him his problems.

He was super understanding,and Kuro was just glad he had such an amazing Eve as Mahiru.

So he wouldn't like to switch Eves and receive a very hostile pianist who always seemed to scream and curse instead of a calm and understanding housewife.

  Nope,he didn't want that.

So each time,he'll usually hop out of Licht's arms whenever he sees that happening,as Hyde always runs to Mahiru when he's pouty or jealous.

And Kuro just knew that Hyde was doing that on purpose just to make him feel the same feelings he was probably feeling.

To see your precious Eve getting stolen away by another Servamp,and it doesn't help to add on the fact that Mahiru's obliviousness lets him have Hyde get his way.

  Hyde just knew the right buttons to push to irritate him.

He'll ignore Licht's surprised cries of 'Neko-San! Please get back here!' and run straight for the unsuspecting Mahiru,kicking Hyde out of the way and snuggling his rightful Eve's warmth.

Hyde would always snark stuff such as 'Nii-San!You're too mean!' and he'd ignore him,relishing in the pride when Mahiru would always bend down to Hyde's level and apologise for it.

Mahiru didn't really retort in Kuro stealing Hyde's position,so that meant he didn't mind it.

Hyde would always say how possessive and protective Kuro was to his own Eve,and Kuro had to admit that for awhile.

After all,wouldn't you get possessive and protective over the same person that saved and helped you from your past and was a literal ball of untainted sunshine walking around?

So Kuro's words,or retort,would always be the same:

"I don't like to share."

  He got brought back to reality when Licht asked him again,"Neko-San,where is that asshole named 'Shirota Mahiru'?I believe that I asked for a meet-up yesterday.Or today."

  "You did?" Kuro asked incredulously,he did not remember him and Mahiru going out to meet Licht the day before.

  And he just took into account that Licht called Mahiru an asshole.

  Did Mahiru fall into Licht's naughty list unknowingly or knowingly?

  Welp,that wasn't good,considering the fact that Licht usually said that Mahiru was an 'Angel-In-Training', and to fall into Licht's bad side after being titled that..was a bad thing.

  What did Mahiru do?

  "Don't say anything,just put the phone on speakers and loud enough so that he can hear me," Licht requested,and Kuro saw no harm in doing so.

  Once Licht had waited a sufficient amount of time and Mahiru,being the housewife he was, cleaning the kitchen's counters,Licht then announced his arrival clearly in the worst way possible.

  And in a way that would make someone feel like curling up into a ball and die or get swallowed up by the floor.

  "Shirota Mahiru,the same kid that didn't know how to pronounce my name clearly at first and pronounced it as 'Richt',I believe I had requested a meet up with you,did I not?"

  "G-GEH!" Mahiru choked on his own saliva when hearing that,reminded of that memory and immediately turned to the phone Kuro was carrying.

  Kuro had quirked a confused yet amused eyebrow, as he stared at his Eve,before he realised that Licht said 'the same kid',and his confusion doubled.

  Wait,did Licht know Mahiru when he was still a child?

  But Mahiru didn't tell him anything about that, and he doubted that the two,who were parallels of each other,knew each other when they were still little children.

  Licht's not Japanese -to Kuro's knowledge anyways, albeit a part of his name, 'Todoroki',was somewhat Japanese- and Mahiru for sure wouldn't be able to have known him from before.

  So how..?

Kuro was snapped out of his thoughts when he yelped and jumped when he suddenly saw a blur image of brown appear in front of him,and right in front of his face,noses barely touching.

Kuro jumped and stepped back to create some distance between the two,and Mahiru just realised he invaded his bubble of personal space.

Mahiru chuckled and rubbed his nape sheepishly as he stared at Kuro with an apologetic smile,"Oh sorry, Kuro! Did I make you feel uncomfortable?"

"Well,duh,considering the fact that I just jumped and you just appeared in front of me like the Flash," Kuro grumbled with not much of hate nor venom in his voice.

Mahiru chuckled,"Sorry for scaring ya.Your eyes were kind of glassy for a second,like you were out of it."

"Oh," Kuro sighed as Licht's voice suddenly boomed throughout the room from Mahiru's phone.

"Sorry to disturb you two love birds' moment, but I'm still tuned in for your information.Anyways, you asshole,take the damn phone from Neko-San and answer me."

Mahiru took the phone from Kuro and put it off speakers,causing Kuro to lose the privilege of having the ability to eavesdrop on the conversation.

"Oh shut it,don't act as if you're not head over heels for your Servamp,and Kuro and I are just..you know what,skip it," Mahiru mumbled the last part out in slight embarrassment.

"What the hell did you just say about that Shit-Rat and I—"

"ANYWAYS," Mahiru intercepted and stopped the conversation from going any further,while leaving a confused Kuro behind.

He cleared his throat and asked again,"Ahem. So uh,care to enlighten me on why you called again? Sorry, wasn't paying attention."

  He swore he heard Licht on the other end of the line groaning and mumbling words between 'Ugh this asshole' and 'he's so freaking dumb',which he replied in a snarky manner,"Heard that."

  "I would've been disappointed if you didn't."

  "Hey—"

  "The meet-up.Today," Licht cut him off with a reply in point-form,which Mahiru realised as he chuckled sheepishly again.

  "Oh yeah!I completely forgot.Where we meeting up at?" Mahiru beamed up ecstatically,ignoring the cries and groans of Kuro when he heard 'meeting up', giving a slight glare at him.

  "The Rivalle Cafe."

  "Seriously,the author has to stop breaking the fourth wall and causing crossovers between her stories. Seriously,'The Rivalle Cafe'?That was from Servamp: The Lost But Returned Hope."

  "What—"

  "Nothing!Anyways,the Rivalle Cafe it is then. Meet you and Hyde there!" Mahiru quickly hanged up before he broke the fourth wall even further, and turned around to face Kuro.

  He saw Kuro's exasperated face as he shrugged nonchalantly,"Guess you already know what we're going to do today.Come on,let's go."

  "Do I have a say in this?"

  .

  .

  .

  "No."

  (A/N:I'll update quickly,I promise!I already have over 2000 words for the next chapter, and I'm still half way through it!Please expect the next chapter pretty soon! ^^

  This chapter was just something of a filler, per se; a front for show with something lurking in the shadows.

  Get ready for some angst on Mahiru's part and perspective,because I tried my dang hardest best trying to make it feel chest-clenching and angsty.

  Well,kinda.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 587 11
//COMPLETED// //Black Butler Fanfiction// //SebastianxReader// //Description// Y/N is a criminal who specializes in throwing knives, she is conniving...
9K 239 17
Basically Zombie apocalypse breaks out, Mahiru got bitten which broke the contract and Kuro left him with the Zombies that bit him. Left to die Mahir...
55.9K 1.3K 40
☆Servamp Fanfiction★ ★Kuro×OC☆ ☆Watch Anime★ ■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■ Epiphany: (N) A moment of sudden revelation. ...
32.1K 1K 17
"Come on~ shouldn't you be enjoying your life? You did promised Ma-" The blue haired servamp threw the floating teen the nastiest glare he could must...