Bruised Affections

By CriticallyIntense

Mysterious, tall, dark, and drop dead gorgeous. These are the words used to describe Ian Maurice, the new guy... More

Disclaimer | Cast | Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 | 23 pt 2 |
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 2

1.4K 90 34
By CriticallyIntense

"I-I--" THE WORDS just won't come out, I didn't even have words to begin with, I've ran blank and there are two obvious reason. I'm swooning and scared out of my mind.

The guy sighs walking closer to the table and dropping the soda can he was carrying down on it. "Excuse me." I immediately move like a hypnotised person and he presses something, a button on the computer making it turn on. I couldn't see the screen anymore but whatever he sees doesn't make him happy. He didn't even look at me but the glare was evident on his face.

"I'm sorry." I blurt out before he says anything. "The computer was open and I didn't know, I wasn't looking for anything and I--"

"What did you see?" He asks finally looking at me like his eyes had lasers to make me vanish.

"Nothing." I wave my hands in front of me, "Nothing at all."

"Its never okay to go through someone's computer, open or closed. And what are you even doing here? Are you lost?" He asks raising his perfect brows at me.

They say nobody is perfect but as far as looks and physical appearances go, this guy was perfect. He was tall, taller than me. His dark hair was longer than most boys and he had curly bangs almost covering his eyes. He has on dark jeans ripped on one knee and a red long sleeve shirt, out of the two buttons on top it, one was left undone. I could see his defined muscles and biceps and even a blind man can tell he hits the gym regularly. His turquoise eyes are the palest I've ever seen and the most... alluring.

Watching him made my mouth dry and I badly wanted to lick my lips. Have I just been seeing guys stuck in our boring uniform that I forgot how good ordinary clothes looked on them? Or was it just this one.

"I'm Roxanna." I say distractedly, I remember the last time I was moved by a guy appearance but I don't remember it feeling like this.

His brows knitted in confusion, "how does that have anything to do with the question?"

I blush, feeling stupid. "Sorry." Tuck a piece of hair behind your ear, get your act back together. "I came over here to wait for Jamie."

His face relaxed and he looked away from me. "She's at the cafeteria."

"I know. I'm waiting for her."

"Mm," he nodded picking up papers from the floor, "and keeping yourself busy too."

I sigh, "I'm sorry about that. I didn't know it was yours."

"Jamie allows you snoop around her computers?" He asks walking around me.

I take a moment to breath in his scent, then mutter. "I've not really tried. Yours is the first..." I trail off there.

"Lucky me." He states sarcastically and I feel like groaning and stomping my feet. I can't believe I got off on the wrong foot with the most gorgeous guy to walk the planet.

"See, let's just put this behind us, okay ..." I don't know his name.

"Please, just leave. I'm busy." He says flipping through a file.

"Tell me your name and I just might." I say with a smile I hope is charming.

He shuts the paper and walks to me, "or, you could walk out with your legs before I kick you out."

I gulped but didn't let his scary tone deter me. His voice was too sexy for his own good. "And how are you going to do that? Carry me?"

His eyes lower down my body and then up again until his back to my eyes. I'm blushing about the fact that I'm blushing. "I can manage it."

I smile and pushed myself closer to him. "That's a good thing then because I'm feeling week all of a sudden."

He frowns again and its like he's confused. Can't he detect my flirting? Has no one ever flirted with him. His head drop down and I think his lips twitch up. He walks around me, "Please leave."

"Just tell me your name?" I ask my voice almost coming out as a whine.

"Banner." He answers his back turned to me.

"Banner?" I asks and I dig through my head wondering why the name sounds so familiar.

He turned to me and nodded. "Banner. Now, leave?"

"Fine." I smiled. "See you around, Banner." I walked out and just before I could step in fully into the hallway, a hand clasped over my arm. I turned around to see Banner's narrowed eyes at me.

"Tell anyone about what you saw and--"

"I didn't see anything." I insisted, cutting him off. I smiled. "No need to threaten me."

He quickly freed my arm as if just realizing he was holding me. "I wasn't going to threaten you."

"You weren't?" I smiled. "Good, because I don't think I could've handled it."

He sighed and now I definitely see his lips twitch but I don't dwell on it much especially because he banged the red door at my face and the bell rang.

*****

I couldn't get Banner out of my mind and it was driving me insane – I know that sounds cliché but its also so true. I wanted to see his gorgeous face again and talk to him. He pulled off the deep voice so well, its like nothing I've seen. As I sat on the hot grass of our school field stretching amongst the boys, I couldn't help but try to imagine what his biceps would look like in sleeveless.

"What are you thinking about?" A very familiar voice ask from beside me bringing me back to the scorching heat.

"Huh?"

Finn eyed me, "You've been stuck in that one position, your leg stretched out and you have this dreamy look in your eyes. Are you hungry?"

I scoffed, "no, I'm thinking about somebody."

"Who?"

I smiled, I've been aching to tell someone about him since forever but I haven't seen neither Christine nor Jamie since lunch. Finn's also a very good friend, my only guy friend and I tell him almost everything.

Finn Sullivan is one of Aiden Macer's best friends and mine too. I met him through Aiden as I usually hanged out with his friends too and we pretty much bonded. He's handsome in a next door neighbor kind of way and a great listener. After my breakup with Aiden and my detachment from the Populars, he's the only one who's stayed and remained friends with me. According to him, our friendship is too beautiful a thing to pass on especially since we only have one lifetime.

We're really close, so why not tell him?

"I met a guy." I start. He groans.

"Ugh, a guy. Don't tell me, Aiden?"

"No, idiot." I throw dirt at him. "I said I met a guy. A new one."

"Oh."

"Yep and he's so handsome, like literal perfection and I can't stop thinking about him." I say with a smile, then frown. "But I totally bumped the first impression thing."

"By?"

"Snooping around his computer." I say feeling ashamed. What came over me?

"Ooo, bad Anna, I thought I taught you better."

"You did."

"Don't worry, he'll get over it. Especially now that you won't leave him be."

I smile, changing positions.  "What makes you think I won't leave him be?"

"Because I know you, he's the first 'literal perfection' since Aiden and even I won't let you pass this up."

"Hey," I chuckle, smacking him. "I didn't say Aiden was a literal perfection. I said he's perfect. Just that."

"Yeah yeah." Finn says rolling his eyes, "What's the new guy's name?"

I smiled, "Banner?"

"Banner?" Finn ask getting up to his feet. I follow suit, nodding my head in confirmation. "As in Bruce Banner?"

"Huh?"

"Bruce Banner. Hulk? Avengers?" He called looking at me like I'm stupid. "Work with me Anna! We've watched this."

"Run Ten laps around the field." Coach Martin barks out and my legs move into a run following behind Finn.

"I don't get you Finn. Speak English."

"I'm so grounding you after this." Finn says rolling his head like I've killed his cat. "Bruce Banner, the scientists in the Avengers? The little guy who turns into a big green monster, hulk?"

"Oh." I say remembering the Hulk now and the Avengers. Its Finn's favourite and he has forced me into watching a thousand times. Not completely forcing since I'm completely into Chris Hemsworth, Thor. The only one I don't forget. And Chris Evans too, because the tight suit is the sexiest outfit. I know by the look on Finn's face that I've committed a mortal crime.

"How could you not remember? We've watched it a thousand times."

"I remember, its just a bit hard since its been months since we last saw one." I defend.

Finn stops running to give me a disbelieving look. "We watched Ragnarock on Sunday, today's Wednesday."

"Oops?"

He rolls his eyes, "we're so having a marathon."

"No." I whine.

"How else would you know when another guy lies to you again?"

"You mean he lied to me about his name?" Finn nodded. "How do you know, what if he's... Axel Banner? Jake Banner? Banner Williams?"

"He just said Banner right?" I nodded. "He obviously lied."

I chuckled, "Wow."

"Yeah, I'm impressed. I like the guy already." He says picking up his pace as coach shouted again.

I smiled, "Me too."

I ran round the field with the other guys and girl. We were only two girls who were in the soccer team, a girl named Jessica and I. Our school and town in general is not big enough for two soccer teams and the girls interested in playing soccer weren't much at all. I remember freshman year, it wasn't even an option for girls to play. It was only the guys. Some girls, like three, were protesting. I was with the Evelyns then and I couldn't dare join in. It'll be disgracing I and my mother's image. I ignored them and tried to fit into cheerleading but that wasn't my thing at all.

Sophomore year I joined the protest despite everything everybody said, some girls gave up leaving just Jessica Browning and I. The Coach was changed and a new one came, our persistence moved him and after a few tries he let us in. My mum have tried all her best to pull me out but Coach Martin refused, he and I are good friends and I'm a major part of this team, I was an arm away from being captain but I didn't want to contend that position with Aiden, my then boyfriend so I declined.

I've been playing school soccer ever since. I was playing before in fields, in the backyard and at Aiden's practice, just away from my mum. I loved playing and its a great thing, I am good too. My dad played in school and would have gone big if not for a major injury that stopped him, so he studied medicine instead. Dad and I played and that was a cause of quarrel and fight between him and my mum. She doesn't approve at all.

After Practice and after I've washed up in the locker room, I exit the school with Jessica and once in the parking lot, we go our separate ways. I squint my eyes at the near empty parking lot and when my eyes fall on my mum's Honda, I sigh. I forgot that I didn't drive to school today, my car started acting up and I had to hitch a ride with my mum. An awkward ride. Time for round two.

"You didn't have to wait." I tell her sliding into the passenger seat and shutting the door after me.

"I did. How was practice?" She asks closing the book on her thigh and tucking away her glasses.

"Fine. We just ran laps today, Coach says we don't have a match until next week but it's the first game of the season and we have to be at our best." I say a bit surprised that she's even asking.

"Good." She says pulling into the road.  "I mean, what other choice do you have, right?"

I look at her in disbelief then chastise myself for not expecting this. I know my mother. We may look alike but that doesn't mean we act, think and reason alike. "Right. No other choice."

The rest of the drive is silent and I curse my car for falling sick on me. I'll rather walk tomorrow.

What do you think of Finn and her mother? Do you have any likes or hobbies that you're forbidden to do?

Mine; eating junk food till I burst 😭

And 'Banner?' Lol. I got that from a very good friend. When I first met him, he told me his name was Roman Reigns and I believed him. Then I don't watch wrestling and I had no idea. I think I called him Roman for about a month until my brother exposed him. *sigh* good times.

Well, vote and comment and share!

chapter goal - 5 votes, 6 comments

I'll see you... When we've reached our goal *fingers crossed*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281 12 18
CHARACTER AESTHETICS FOR YOU LOVELY PEOPLE !!
1.1M 25.1K 61
"Then fuck me like you hate me," he rasps. His voice deepening and becoming more husky and alpha like. "What's wrong love?" He uses a hand to lift my...
61.2K 4.3K 70
Life is hard. Specially when you're a high schooler. You can never know when your life is about to go up. And you 'especially' can never know when it...
517K 11.6K 19
Katherine Jones is your typical bad girl. Late nights, party crashing, nights in a jail cell but now... She's ready to break. She has nothing left to...