Right Where She Belongs

By JoJo_Classic

"Oh god," I made little gasping sounds, unable to stop my eyes from rereading the note again and again."This... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Seven

15.6K 298 30
By JoJo_Classic

[Kat's P.O.V]

I had a plan.

I knew the possibility of being rescued was zero to nil at this point, but I wasn't ready to give up just yet. Oh, believe me; I tried everything in the book. I tried threatening; shouting all kinds of ugly things that would have had a sailor blushing like mad. I tried pleading shamelessly - which, as a general rule, I never do - and even managed to work up a few tears, which let me tell you now, it a damn hard thing to do when all I could imagine was kicking their asses to Pluto.  But nothing seemed to work so far, and apart from the few pitiful looks Michael gave me, I knew I wasn't close to escaping anytime soon.

So, that left me with the only thing that I was certain would get the reaction I wanted out of them. I was desperate enough to sink to a level I had thought myself above.

"Wow, Michael, have you been working out?"

Yes, those words did just come out of my mouth.

Now, they don't exactly have a guide on "How to convince your dumb-ass captors to release you" so I was going purely from my feminine instincts and my - unfortunate - knowledge on the inner workings of Michael's pin size brain. Guys like Michael were the kind of guys that only listened to their second head, never with the one attached to their necks. They relied too much on them, which often lead to them making stupid decisions that they may or may not eventually regret.

Usually I was a big supporter of guys who used their head - the one attached to their shoulders - over their second head, but right now, I was so glad Michael fit into the second-head category. If I played my cards right, I knew I'd have him in melted like a puddle of willing goo in my hands.

As predicted, Michael's head - which had been previously lolling forward with boredom - snapped up to full attention. He blinked his baby blues at me. "Huh?"

I let my lips curve up into an appreciative smile, all the while swallowing down bile. "I'm just saying, I never noticed how much you've filled out in all the time we've been apart."

Still looking dumbfounded, he asked, "Really?"

I nodded, shifting slightly so my boobs pushed up against my bra, straining against the top button of my button-down shirt. "Oh yes," I purred in a voice I hoped - prayed - sounded seductive. "I guess my previous hatred towards you sort of blinded me, but now-" I made a show of licking my bottom lip, making sure he caught the movement before forcing a blush to my cheeks. "I-I mean," I stuttered as if embarrassed. "I know it sounds stupid, but now that I think about it...it's kind of hot how you're only a few feet away, and I'm chained. To a bed," I hinted, trying not to wince in disgust.

If this actually worked, then I deserved an award for brilliant acting.

Michael stood, gaping unattractively at my obvious display. I saw his Adam's apple bob as he swallowed thickly. He wasn't looking at my face, but at the strained button which looked about ready to pop. He looked tempted to pop the button himself, but he remained frozen, uncertainty marring his baby features.

I gritted my teeth. I needed something more to push him over the edge. Michael was a hormonal teenage boy. It shouldn't have been hard, right?

Wrong. Because in my equation, I hadn't exactly added the complication of a twin who had morals.

Jordan, who'd been silent most of the time during my captivity, decided he'd speak his thoughts. "Filled out?" He questioned, amusement evident in his voice and eyes. "You're shitting me, right?"

Michael twisted his head to send a scathing glare at his brother. "What's that supposed to mean?" he demanded angrily.

Calmly, the second Tweedle-dee explained, "The only thing you've filled out is your head, with that incredible big ego you have."

I could see Michael's face turn an unappealing shade of red. I knew that if I didn't intervene soon my slutty efforts would be for naught.

Sigh. I always knew Jordan was too smart for my own good.

"Jordan," I purred, stopping Michael in his tracks. "You've certainly done your fair share of working out too. What are you benching these days?"

It seemed like Jordan - who was more of a first-head kind of guy - had his moments of weakness too, because he blinked his eyes at me with the same stunned look his brother gave me earlier. Quickly though, a pleased smile spread across his immature face.

"See?" He smirked at his brother. "At last, someone finally appreciated my superiority over you,"

Michael's mouth flopped open before he pressed them together in a tight line. He ignored his brother and instead focused his attention back to me, eyes narrowed with determination.

"Kat, who's bigger? As in, like, more muscular?"

My gut clenched uneasily. No, no, no! This wasn't going according to plan, at all. Shit!

"Um...," I faltered before plastering on a fake smile. "Gee, guys, it's really hard to tell. You know, with this dim lighting and all..."

I saw the back of Michael's head as he stalked off. I heard him flick on a switch and suddenly the whole basement was swathed in bright light. I hissed, the light above me suddenly turned on full brightness. I flinched away from it, squeezing my eyes shut to ward away the light. It was too late though because my eyes prickled with painful tears.

"Okay, now," Michael's tone was no-nonsense. "What about now?"

"Er...," My head was spinning and that uneasy feeling intensified. "Uh, I really can't tell. I am strapped to a bed, you know. It doesn't exactly allow me the best of-"

I heard the rustling of metal clinking together and I froze, confused by the sound. Then I heard Jordan curse out loud.

"What do you think you're doing?!" He demanded of his brother. "Don't unchain her!"

"She needs to see which one of us is bigger!" Michael grunted as he tried to untangle what sounded like multiple keys.

I snorted.

As Michael was trying to find the right key to unchain me - I couldn't believe it was working! - I suddenly remembered Sam who'd been quiet throughout the whole exchange. He hadn't moved a muscle and I suddenly feared he'd fallen asleep or something.

But when I twisted my head, I saw that his intense dark eyes were narrowed on me with a look that was impassive, yet I could sense pride shimmering under the surface of his inscrutable expression.

And damn if I wasn't soaking it up.

He tilted his head forward, slowly as if not the startle me, his lips just barely brushing my cheek. The sound of Michael and Jordan's argument faded into the background, an annoying buzzing sound that I wished would disappear. His lips were warm and a covert shiver ran down my spine.

"Keep it up," He whispered so low that I knew Michael and Jordan wouldn't be able to hear because I was barely able to myself.

I nodded briefly, resisting the urge to grin in triumph when Michael finally found the correct key, inserting it onto the chains above my head. A second later my hands were free.

They burned with a vengeance and I rubbed them, glaring up at the ceiling before hoisting myself up onto my elbows. I struggled a bit before finally managing to pull my whole torso up, stomach muscles burning. I knew I wasn't the most athletic girl, but that was ridiculous!

"Okay, now. Who's bigger?" Michael wasted no time, planting his hands firmly on his hips in a stance I presumed was meant to be intimidating.

I snorted again at his choice of wording. Wow, what an opening.

I cocked my head to the side, narrowing my eyes as if in consideration.

"Hm," I shook my head slowly. "You know, I can't really tell with those shirts covering you up." I said sadly, then perked up, as if just discovering something life changing. "Ooh! Ooh! I got it! Take your shirts off! Then I'll definitely know which one of you is..." my lips twitched sardonically and I tried not to roll my eyes. "Bigger,"

Not catching my insult, Michael, without any hesitation whatsoever, immediately began stripping.

Jordan's eyes bugged. "Dude! Are you seriously taking your pants off?"

Michael shrugged. "Hey, I have amazing calves. Might as well show her the whole package," he winked at me and I almost choked on my own vomit. Instead, I smiled and winked back like the dutiful little seducer I was playing. Michael grinned at my apparent approval, turning challenging eyes back to Jordan who, having more reservation than his twin, hadn't yet taken off his shirt.

"What?" Tweedle-dum taunted. "Scared?"

Jordan visibly bristled with injured pride, glaring daggers at his brother before boldly meeting my gaze and pulling his shirt over his head, discarding it carelessly across the room.

"It's on baby brother,"

                                                                                  ***

[Caleb's P.O.V]

I watched in mute terror as Adrian's lids fluttered shut unwillingly, the chloroform handkerchief falling from the man's hand and flopping onto the pavement. I watched, bound and gagged, unable to do anything other than stare as she went limp in the giant gorilla's arms.

These guys are no amateurs, was all my frozen brain could comprehend as Adrian's flaccid body was swiftly deposited over another ski-masked brutes shoulder.

Reality settled in when I saw the second brute carrying Adrian's body towards a silver vehicle and two other foreign masked brutes reach for my tied up form.

Instinct and years of being Dallas's personal punching bag told me to drop and roll my body away from them. The idiots had made the mistake of not tying my feet up so when I was out of their reach, I immediately tried to get to my feet.

Unfortunately, Dallas and Jesse were wrong. These guys were trained and acted like they had expected my sudden attempt to escape. Before I could even take one step I was tackled down to the ground by one of the brutes, the wind abruptly swooping from my lungs, leaving me panting and choking on the tape concealing my mouth.

The guy - mercifully - rolled off me, making breathing easier, but before I was given the chance to collect my bearings I was being jerked to my feet by my collar, my head snapping back and forth with a force that sent shooting pains down my spine.

My head spun for the hasty different positions were sending my world askew. My gut clenched with queasiness but I wasn't given a reprieve before my body was, once again, being tossed around like a fucking rag doll. Like Adrian, I was hoisted over a man's shoulder.

Unlike Adrian, I was conscious and able to fight back.

Truth be told, the positioning was quiet emasculating.

"Fight or try to escape again," The brute not holding me hissed in my ear. "And your little girlfriend pays,"

I froze, my blood boiling with rage. Fuckers! How the fuck did they find us? How could I be so stupid to try and venture out of the room when Dallas had specifically told me to stay where I was?

I really was a glutton for punishment.

Soon though, I was being shoved into the backseat of the silver car, Adrian's unconscious body laid sprawled across the seat. I was thrown unceremoniously over her, immediately trying to angle my body as I wasn't squishing her in any way. I scanned her pale, sleeping face beneath me and my anger was sparked anew. 

I swore to myself that if I got the chance to stand over these fuckers dead bodies, I would.

Wearing a smile and waving a fucking white flag at the police.

                                                                                 ***

[Dallas's P.O.V]

"It's quiet," Jesse murmured beside me, staring through his binoculars. His mouth twisted into a hard line, a muscle in his jaw twitching.

Hidden behind a large mound of shrubbery, Jesse and I laid crouched, bodies tense as we surveyed the quaint little cottage in the middle of nowhere. It was an unassuming little thing, well maintained and even had a little porch swing that you could imagine an innocent old couple sitting on as their grandchildren played in the area out front.

But if experience taught my anything, it was that appearances could be deceiving.

And this little cottage was definitely misleading.

"Too quiet," I agreed, my eyes narrowing with suspicion. Something wasn't right.

I could tell Jesse could sense it too because he was shifting restlessly beside me.

"Should we go in?" I asked, taking his lead.

A moment of indecision warred across Jesse's face before he regained that stoic facade he was so good at.

"Let's,"

We approached the house cautiously. Rupert had already done a surveillance sweep, using his computer skills to check the house for bugs or any hidden cameras. I didn't know how the kid did it, but I didn't question it.

The computer genius had confirmed two hidden cameras - one out front and one out back. The idiots hadn't placed any on the sides, however, and that was our point of entry.

With footsteps that were barely audible amongst the high chirps of crickets and the rustling of scurrying woodland creatures, we passed by almost silently. There was a small window with dark covered drapes which made it difficult to know if there was anybody standing on the other side but Jesse and I were becoming desperate. We didn't know if these guys had tried hurting my cousin and Kat yet, and we didn't want to take the chance of waiting for Jesse's backups to show up before making a full-scale attack on the cottage. We were taking a risk and we both knew the possibility of coming out without injury was highly unlikely.

Jesse motioned for me to watch his back. I nodded and turned my back to him, scanning the relatively quiet area. No, something definitely didn't feel right.

I heard the telling thunk as Jesse - somehow - popped the window from its bed. He set it down quietly resting it against the side of the house as he cautiously peered through the heavy drapes.

"It's clear from what I can see. I'm going to check it out," Jesse murmured. I twisted my head to see him already scaling the wall, swinging his leg over the edge and disappearing inside. I waited in tense silence for the telling shots that should have inevitably followed.

They didn't.

"It's clear," Jesse hissed from inside. I could hear the frown in his voice and immediately knew what he was thinking.

Why the hell is no one here trying to shoot our asses?

After one more wary sweep around the area I followed Jesse's lead and climbed up the wall.

I landed on the inside with a soft thud. The sudden switch from sunlight to darkness was disconcerting at first but I quickly adjusted, easily making out Jesse's balky form in the darkness. Judging from the furniture, we landed in the living room.

"This way,"

I grunted in response, careful not to crash into any hard furniture as I followed him down a long corridor. I held the gun Jesse supplied me with at arm's length as he cautiously opened each door, all proving to be empty until finally we reached the last door.

Suddenly, Jesse stopped. I caught myself before I crashed into his back.

"Can you hear that?"

I strained my ears. After a few second I was able to make out a soft buzz. I quickly realised it was the sound of arguing and my eyes snapped to meet Jesse's.

"We have one of two options," I whispered calmly. "Either we do uncle-Joe-got-a-shotgun, storm in guns blazing and all. Or we do the snake - silent and deadly."

Personally I preferred the first option but knowing Jesse he'd be going for the snake. Years of training taught him to never be impulsive.

I hadn't quite reached that part of my training yet.

"Follow my lead," was all he said, reaching out and slowly, quietly turning the knob.

I repressed a sigh of disappointment.

Well damn.

As Jesse and I soundlessly descended the stairs to what seemed to be a basement - how typical - I became more aware of how many people were down there. The argument was coming from two young-sounding males. Their voices were almost identical which made it hard to separate their words.

There was a female as well but she was laughing which confused me.

Kat?

"Oh for fuck's sake!" Sam's growl boomed loudly. "Just pick one already! I swear to god if they start pulling their dick's out-"

Pushing past Jesse and ignoring his angry hissing commands, I thundered down the steps, finally coming into view.

And what I saw was sure not what I was expecting.

"Oh," Kat's expression was filled with pleasant surprise, not the tortured one I had been anticipating. "Hey Dallas! Pull up a chair, come join us. We were just-" she cut off and said sharply, "Michael! Don't put your brother in a headlock. Jordan, for fuckin' hell, stop baiting him! Now how the hell am I meant to judge you both when you refuse to stay still?"

"Listen to her," Sam scolded the two identical blondes who were stripped down to their boxers. Kat and Sam were sitting on a small bed, unchained and unharmed. Sam was even rubbing his face in exasperation. "You're not little kids anymore. It's time for you both to grow up."

The two blondes made whining sounds of protest.

"No buts," Kat said firmly. "Sam's right. You're both grown eighteen-year-old boys. It's time to start acting like it."

The twins hung their heads in shame.

Huh. Well, fuck me.

___

Surprise! Dallas's P.O.V! I thought he deserved a little part :P

Remember!

Comment

Vote

Fan

Your comments and votes encourage me to write so keep it up! :D

*Not edited*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9M 90.7K 44
The night before the wedding Derrick spoke to his fiancé over the phone. They said how much they loved each other and that they would meet at the al...
2.1M 17.4K 83
There's no reason. No explanation. No scientific function, for what is about to happen. No one knows who, or when or where or why. But it's going to...
93.9K 1.8K 33
Book nr. 2/3 Remember Marissa and Niall? Last time you heard about them they were having their first baby and Niall had just proposed. Now 3 happy, g...