DEPTH OF PAIN{completed}

By bettie_butter_

*** Why are you still here Mr Wellington?" I asked as I clutched my bathrobe to cover my body well. I don't w... More

COPYRIGHT
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
BRIDGE
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY (Finale)
NEW BOOK
Guess what?
Sequel ALERT!!!!

TWENTY-ONE

939 124 2
By bettie_butter_

Enjoy!!!

Bianca's POV

I opened the door and was shocked to see the person in front of me. He isn't dressed in his usual black suit today, he's clad in a black hoodie and a black jean just like when we were younger, I wonder why he likes black so much, his silky hair glows and it made it obvious he isn't an ordinary Nigerian but a black American, not exactly black cos he has a fair skin fairer than mine.

Chioma peeped and saw him too, she hissed and went back inside.

"What is he doing here?" I thought.

"Did you miss your way sir? Because the last time I checked, this place is my apartment not Wellington's company, hotel, or estate" I said as I furrowed my brows.

"I just want to talk to you" he said calmly and scratched the bridge of his nose.

"I can't, we can only talk in the office about work, anything aside work, I don't want to hear it"  I said to him.

"You need to listen Patty_"

"it's Bianca!"I cut in

"Fine! Bianca, look_" He was about to say something when we saw Darlington. He walked closer to me and hugged me, he gave me a quick kiss on my lips. I saw Ethan's face turn sour, he twitched his lips in fury.

"You look beautiful" He complimented with a full smile

"Thanks" I replied. He saw Ethan and greeted.

"Hello" he stretched his hand for a shake and Ethan took it

"Hello" he replied and walked away after sparing me a glance. My heart squeezed as I watched him walk away. My heart ached as I couldn't bear him walking away from me again, after all this years I still feel butterflies in my tummy when I see him, I couldn't resist staring into his emerald eyes he probably got from his mother, Jeanette Wellington. I watched him till he was out of sight.

"Why do I feel like I've seen that guy somewhere before, who is that?" Darlington asked.

"That's Mr Wellington, my boss" I answered as we walked towards his car. 

"Wellington?" He gasped. "Mr Wellington? Ethan wellington?" He asked surprised.

'Yeah! I work as his PA" I said and rolled my eyes.

"Wow! You are working for a celebrity and a millionaire" he remarked

"Billionaire actually" I corrected.

"Oh yeah, you are one lucky girl" he said and I thought of Ethan again, he was very jealous when he saw Darlington, why is he jealous? he doesn't own me!... I thought.

He opened the door for me.  "thank you" I muttered and he closed the door. He turned around and sat in the driver's seat and drove off.

"Are you okay?" Darlington asked

"Yeah, I am" I answered with a smile. I tried to kick Ethan out of my mind but I couldn't, I tried to think of Darlington instead but I couldn't. His face kept popping in my mind and I groaned in frustration which made Darlington to glance at me again.

"Are you sure you are fine Bianca? You seems to disturbed" he said in a worried tone

"I'm okay" I replied.

We got to the restaurant and we entered, he pulled the chair for me and the waiter came to take our orders. We were given the menu book and I just stared at it, I was so lost in thought until I heard Darlington call me.

"Yes" I answered

"Errr... The menu book is upside down" he said and I checked the book, it's truly upside down.

"Oh... Sorry" I said awkwardly

"We'll have salad and cheese with  red wine" he said and the waiter left.

He faced me and said "you've been like this since your boss left, is there something I should know?" He asked.

"No, there's nothing" I lied

"Is Ethan hitting on you? I know he's a chronic womanizer, is he perhaps threatening to fire you or something?" I gasped as he said that

"No! He didn't do that!" I exclaimed

"What is it then? Is there something I should know?" He asked calmly and i sighed.

"He's my ex boyfriend back in high school days" I said and glanced at him, he's shocked.

"There's something I'm not getting, are you saying you went to the same high school with Ethan? And you guys dated?" He asked with furrowed brows

"Yeah, I had no idea he is the heir to Wellington's until now, while we were dating, he never told me about himself" I said as I played with my finger nails.

"Why did you guys break up?" He asked

"We didn't break up..." I said slowly and paused. "He just left... He disappeared" I completed.

"And after he left, you came to Canada_ broken" he said.

"Yeah, he left without a word, I searched for him and I found out he went back to new York, I didn't hear from him until I saw him when I got here" I said.

"Despite what he did, you still serve him and his company?" He asked and I raised my head to look at him.

"I get paid for it, Darlington" I said firmly.

"Do you still love him Bianca?" He asked and I couldn't answer

"No wonder you agreed to date me all of a sudden, I can't believe you just used me" he said muttered sadly

"No... No... No Darlington, I agreed to date you because we deserve each other and because you truly love me, you didn't leave even after I treated you like shit, you mended my broken heart, you are that guy all girls wish for" I took his hands. "I'm with you because I want to" I said and he smiled. The waiter brought our food and we ate in silence.

"Don't let him hurt you again bianca" he said breaking the silence

"I won't" I said to him. We talked about a lot of things and he took me home. He escorted me to my floor and we stood at the entrance of my apartment.

"Should I come pick you at work on Monday?" He asked

"Don't stress yourself Darlington, you are a busy man, your patients always need you, use the spare time you have on yourself, don't worry about me" I said

"Call me anytime you need me, I'll be there in a flash" he said and I chuckled.

"Barry Allen the second"  I said and he laughed

"And you are my Iris west" he said and I blushed

"So when next will I see you?" He asked.

"Thursday, I don't have much to do at work on Thursday, I'll come see you in your house... That's if you'll have time"

"Of course I'll have time" he said and kissed me

"See you then, I'll call you" he said and walked away backwardly

"I'll see you, bye" I said

"Bye!" He turned and walked away, I entered my pin and went inside.

"Chioma!" I called and she came out of her room

" I thought you are spending the night with Darlington!" She teased.

"There we go again!" I rolled my eyes and sat on the couch.

'What was Ethan doing here?" She asked.

"I don't know, I even had to tell Darlington about him" I told her everything and she sighed.

"Kayla called" she said and giggled

"She still doesn't want to come home?" I asked

"Yeah"

"She does not want to leave Dante yet?" I asked. Dante is Kayla's boyfriend, they've been dating for three years and their relationship seems serious. She couldn't come home with us because of him.

"Yeah, I hope I find love like the both of you soon" she said

"You will" i said. We ate and we chatted about the clothes and shoes in vogue till we slept.

On Sunday, we went for mass and after that we got a coffee machine and went home. We drank coffee to our satisfaction and I prepared for the next day.

On Monday I woke up early, I got ready for work. I drank a cup of coffee, bade chioma goodbye and drove off to work.

I drove in and greeted the security guards and walked in, i walked in and everyone started checking their wrist watch after glancing at me. I waited in front of the elevator for it to open and a familiar cologne filled my nose, I saw someone standing beside me from my side view and I turned my neck, it was Ethan.

"Good morning Mr Wellington" I greeted and he nodded without sparing me a glance. The elevator opened and we both entered, the silence was awkward and the tension made it more awkward. He still didn't look at me, his face was stiff and firm.

When we got to where we'll split which is by Felicity's desk. Felicity greeted and he nodded before saying

"See me after five Miss Onuorah" he said and went inside.

"You are late Bianca" Felicity whispered

"No, I'm not" I checked my wrist watch and I saw 8:05am. "It's just 5 minutes" I said and Felicity furrowed her brows.

"He doesn't like any of his workers to be one seconds late" she said and sat facing her laptop.

I thought for a while "is he going to fire me? God! I can't lose this job" I thought and my body shook. I walked towards his office and knocked, he told me to come in and I went in.

I stood for a while and I thought he's going to make me stand like the last time.

"You are late" he finally said with his eyes fixed on a file.

"I was held up in the traffic, I'm sorry" I said politely.

"The I'm sorry word doesn't work in this company" he said in a cold calm tone. "What should be your punishment Miss Onuorah?" He asked and finally lifted his head to look at me.

"I don't... know sir" I stuttered and he cleared his throat.

"This company is celebrating its 50th year anniversary and it's taking place in our hotel in Abuja. I'm handing over the preparations to you, you alone!" He repeated. "It's in five weeks time, the invitation card should have reached the invitees four weeks before the party and this must not affect your work as my PA" he said and I gasped.

"I can't do this alone sir, I'll need help if this party is really going to hold in five weeks time, I'm not even an event planner" I said politely

"you are doing this alone, Miss Onuorah" he said sternly. "No one in this company will help you, that's your punishment, if this party flops, you will be fired!" He shot at me coldly.

"I'm sorry" I said and attempted to leave.

"You are not dismissed yet!" He roared and I stopped and bowed.

"What's my schedule for today?" He asked calmly and I hurriedly reached for my iPad, I checked it.

"Mr Daniel is coming to see you by 10 and your attention is needed at the new site in lekki" I managed to say firmly as I rubbed my sweaty palms together .

"You can leave" he said and opened his laptop.

"Am i going with you or....?"

"I said you can leave, if I need you, I'll call you" he cut me off rudely and I scurried away.

I walked out of his office and went to my office, I sat angrily on my chair and I thought of how I'll do this in just five weeks. It's a worldwide party, people from different countries will be there, Wellington groups isn't just a small company so the party has to be perfect.
I wondered how I'll go about this in just five weeks, I called the printing office and I told them to prepare to print the invitation cards. I'll go to Abuja tomorrow to check how big the hall in the hotel is, then I can choose a colour and the sample for the invitation cards. I started listing the names of the people I'll invite and I thought of going to Ethan to ask if there are more people he would like to invite. I tried to brush it away but I can't what if I don't invites the very important people. I went to Felicity and she gave me more names and advised me to ask Ethan for more names and show him the one I've written.

I stared at his office door and I panicked, I wondered if he's going to fry me this time. I don't know why he's being harsh unnecessarily. The last time I got yelled at is six years ago but now it seems new and terrifying to me. I inhaled and exhaled and knocked on his door, I knocked again when I didn't hear any response, I slightly opened the door to check if he's in and my lungs switched to reverse, my breathing seized, I was shocked to see him in between Valerie's leg, he was so engrossed in what he was doing that he didn't see me. I slowly back out and walked like a zombie towards my office.

"What happened?" Felicity asked.

"Errr, I'll go some other time" I said and she nodded. I went back to my  office, and I held my aching head.

This past week I tried so hard to believe, he isn't seeing anyone or maybe he'll stop since I'm back but he doesn't seems to care. I tried not to cry but I couldn't control it, hot tears ran down my cheeks .

After a while, I felt better and decided to brush it off. I stood up and went to the restroom, I adjusted my make up and went to Ethan's office again, I knocked and he told me to come in. I entered and realised the girl has gone, I stood beside his desk.

"Yes?" He said

"I want to show you the names of the invitees, if you are okay with it or you want to add more" I said formally.

"Oh, yeah" he said and gave me some files "check some names there and call all our managers in each of their division and send them some invitation cards and they'll give it to  people that needs to be invited" he said and I nodded and turned to leave.

"Errr, wait... Miss Onuorah, I think we should go to the site together" he said and i nodded again as I turned to leave, someone entered.

David entered and stared at me.

"Hey Bianca" he greeted with a smile and I nodded awkwardly and tried to leave.

"Wait, wait, wait, are you okay? You look upset?" He said in a whisper

"I'm fine" I replied, I tried to leave but he stopped me again

"We need to talk Bianca, it's important and urgent" he said in a whisper and we heard Ethan clear his throat, we both looked at him and we saw him staring at us fiercely.

"I'll call you, okay?" He said in a hurry, i nodded and I walked out.

I wonder what's so urgent, I think this is a chance to unite him with chioma, I can see it in David's eyes that he knows nothing about what Ethan did to me and I don't want him to get punished for it.

I went to my office and browsed the designs for invitation card and I fell in love with one. The colour is dusky rose and gold accent. It's so beautiful.

I sent the printing Office the sample and they assured me it will be out in three days. After a while I got a call from Ethan telling me its time to got to the site, I stood up and went to meet him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5M 346K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...
16.4K 1.6K 50
Title: With Pain Comes Love Synopsis: In the vibrant streets of South Africa, amidst the backdrop of university life, a tale of love, longing, and se...
9.1K 103 14
- - - - EXCERPT ONLY - - - - The rest of the story is available on INKITT as the content violates Wattpad regulations. Check my bio for link. * In th...
94.7K 2.5K 42
*Book 1 of CEO series* "Am I a villain?" Mr. Martinez probed, pinning me with his intense gaze. "Yes!" He chuckled and instantly he took two large s...