Scorose - My Father Won't Hea...

By WICELA

Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy aren't really getting along on Hogwarts. Rose's father, the famous Ron Weasl... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 5

5.7K 124 67
By WICELA

Chapter 5 \\ Scorose - My Father Won't Hear About This \\ WICELA

Disclaimer: I do not own the Harry Potter series nor everything that comes with it. The rights go to J.K. Rowling. The only thing I own are the plotholes in her stories that I filled with my fantasies.

Updated: July 24 (2017)

•  •  •

Rose got flowers the next day. Flowers that matched her name. Roses for Rose, absolutely lovely, wasn't it? Without reading the cart, Rose already knew who had sent them. Apology roses, asking her if she might wanted to meet with him at the astronomy tower at midnight - Rose's favorite time of the day - to watch the stars. Rose liked that he left her alone to think about everything. The fact that he had sent her flowers, instead of delivering them to her himself, was really a relief. He'd given her time to think about everything and she really needed that. What did she actually want and what part of that did she want from him? So she breathed in and out and decided she had to give him credit for this. So at midnight, she climbed the stairs towards the astronomy tower and saw his silhouette in the moonlight. He was ridiculously handsome, even more handsome than he was at the dance. Was this all for her? Not wanting to think about that question for so long, Rose climbed towards the top of the stairs and made him aware of her presence without saying anything. 

"Rose," he said as he breathed nervously in and out, "I'm so sorry...". It was barely a whisper. He gave her a nervous smile and then stared at the ground again.

"I really am so sorry Rose. About everything. I am so sorry for what I did to you...and what I almost did to you. I'm just..." he breathed in and out again, "I'm just going to tell you everything, okay? I want to tell you everything that happened." Rose nodded to show him she was listening and he took a deep breath.

"It's just...I wanted everything to be perfect, you know? I thought this was going to be the perfect night for us to...to do things a bit differently, you know? To do some new things, right? It was perfect, I had planned everything out. The trouble started there, you know? I was so incredibly nervous - and can you blame me? You're amazing! I was so nervous that I got drunk - too drunk - and I screwed everything up and I hurt you and pushed you...and I am so incredibly sorry for that. It's just...there's more. I really need to tell you that myself, because I don't want anyone else to do so. I was...upset to say the least when that Bleached Blondie came to rescue you - but I was over it, for the most part - and I went down after that and ran into Daisy, you know, his date. Why she ever said yes to that Albino, I have no clue, but she did. She regretted it too, I saw that. She asked me whether he was upstairs or not and the second she mentioned his name - whoof - that didn't go well. I was angry again - I mean, he thought he could just interfere with our relationship, but what we have is special, you know? So I was angry and you weren't there because you were with him, you know? So I told her that and she became angry too. We were a crazy drunk duo like that. Suddenly we kissed, you know, but only because I thought you were doing the same thing he was doing to you and I told her that. So we kissed and then we didn't and went back to the dance, with me this time and...it all got pretty nasty. We kissed...like at every place available and then we almost...we almost went all the way, you know? I just woke up in the morning with a crazy headache hangover, really terrible. Daisy too, though, we both woke up like that, oh and naked too. It was a really strange morning. We were in the Room of Requirement so that was nice, I guess, because it offered me stuff to cool my hangover down. Crazy night, right? Like real crazy. So...I just wanted you to know everything and to hear it from me. Do remember that I love you and this...this was such a big mistake! I understand you need some time and that's really okay! I'll just...I'll just keep my distance, okay? Just know that I'll always be there and that's why I still want to warn you about Malfoy. He obviously made you think he was pathetic and - I mean, yeah, duh - he is, but not in a good way, you know! I just care too much about you not to warn you." It had come out as one big blur of you know's and deep breaths, but now he smiled softly and finally looked her in the eyes. It just hit her a bit too late. He...he cheated? Plus he'd said he...he loved her? So not only had her boyfriend almost ruined her dance, he also made out with another girl because she wasn't willing to go as far as that other girl was willing to. Wow...yeah, but it did let him realise that he loved her, so that was...that was fine, right? It didn't make sense at all, but she did realise her boyfriend had been drunk at the time so perhaps it had made sense for him. Did she really want to be that kind of girlfriend that ruined every little bit of fun for her boyfriend? Her cousin James sure as hell treated any of his girlfriend a lot worse, so this was...maybe this was okay.

It was strange for her to discover that the part that really bothered her was him being mad at Scorpius. He warned her for him, while Scorpius had been so much nicer to her than he had been. She really had the urge to defend Scorpius, but she didn't know why exactly. Perhaps because they were...friends now?

"Look Joe, about Scorpius..." Rose started, but Joe cut her of.

"Oh, you guys are suddenly on a first name basis now?" his voice was suddenly filled with a lot more anger and...jealousy maybe?

"Joe, come on! If I remember correctly you were the one who confronted me about his father and the one telling me not to be that harsh. He did deserve a second change, just like you told me. I mean, I know my parents know his parents..." Rose tried to explain, but Joe cut her of again.

"My parents know his parents too, okay?" he said, but Rose only gave him an annoying look.

"Yeah, but obviously not as good as my parents do! My uncle saved his father's life, because his father once saved my uncle's life. He wouldn't do that if he was completely bad. I think they have some difficulties because of their past. Look at Scorpius for example, Albus said it some time ago that Scorpius only teases people, not bullying. I might have overreacted and made the bullying up, because I was afraid to admit that perhaps Scorpius was actually a decent person. It's really easier to hate someone when your father disapproves of that person, instead of admitting that they might be nice. Scorpius isn't the bad guy here, you know?" Rose said and Joe remained silent. They were way to serious right now and Rose was afraid Joe was going to say something about their relationship. Even though he just admitted that he loved her, was this something that he would break up with her about?

"Okay Joe, you really have to promise me to not drink any alcohol for at least a month," Rose grinned and Joe nodded with a little smile.

"Thank you Rose, for being so understanding and lovely, just like you always are and I knew you would be. I only think you are way too positive and understanding towards Malfoy, but perhaps if you can find it in you to give him a second chance, you can give me one too?" he said, looking at the ground again.

"I already did, silly! Why did you think I come here? I knew you sent me the flowers and speaking about flowers, who taught you to be this tactful?" Rose asked and Joe laughed again, clearly relieved that Rose had forgiven him.

"My mother," he explained, "she went to the dance with your uncle and they didn't really had the greatest of time. He, however, did apologise for that, but well, everything was different from how she had expected it to be. She did had a genuinely good time at the dance, by the way, so please don't go hating your uncle now. My mom really was mad about me being drunk, but all my dad could say was how I didn't make some fireworks, so I guess it's sort of okay? My mom immediately told me to sent you some flowers and that you would need some time and space to think." 

"She was right," Rose said with a smile, "I do love you, I think, but I don't really know in what way. Perhaps you could come over at New Year's Eve? With your family?"

"That's really nice, Rose," Joe smiled, "but we're going to celebrate New Year's at my uncle's, just like every year. Uncle Dean and my dad always tell the most amazing stories at New Year's, because they get a bit too drunk."

"Oh, but I've heard of him, my parents are friends with him! You can bring them too?" Rose suggested and Joe nodded.

"Thanks Rose, for being so forgiving," he said and he turned around.

"Joe..." Rose said and he turned back to her again, "...just...don't mess with Scorpius, okay? I forgive you, but you have to accept that Scorpius is my friend now." He smiled and left Rose alone. It made her think about how Joe had said to her what he wanted to do with her. He wanted to go further, to do things she had never done before. It made her really nervous too, because no one ever wanted to do such things with her. Her first time, it should be really special. She had never really thought about such things. Joe had been really honest with her, but it made her think about the fact that she didn't know whether she was ready for this or not.

•  •  •

Sunday morning before Christmas break was a morning that everyone packed their stuff and said their goodbyes. Christmas was only a few days away and Rose had written her family to tell them about everyone she'd invited for New Year's Eve. Her mom did tell her that she had been a bit too enthusiastic about the amount of people she had invited, but telling them no at this point, would be rude. Rose only hoped her grandmother wouldn't be too angry at her for inviting all these people to the Burrow. While packing, Rose received another letter from her grandmother, telling her the more the merrier and thus it wasn't a problem for her to invite all those people. There was just only one person that Rose actually realised she really wanted to come to the party too and just seconds later he came towards the door of her dormitory.

"Scorpius!" Rose exclaimed, looking at him and the doorway, "how did you manage to sneak into the Gryffindor common room?"

"I still remembered the password from when I brought Daisy here, two days ago," he laughed and Rose continued packing.

"Care to take a break and walk with me for a sec, Red?" Scorpius asked and Rose looked up, surprised.

"Red?" she asked, smiling nervously.

"Just a little nickname I made up," Scorpius laughed and Rose felt herself becoming...red. He had given her a nickname. A friendly, funny, nice...nickname. It made her feel...special.

"I like it," Rose whispered softly. She walked towards him and gave him a hug. Her ear was against his chest, because he was way taller than she was and it made her feel safe.

"I'm going to miss you," Scorpius said when he let go of her. He sat down in front of the doorway, because he wasn't allowed to go in and Rose continued packing. They talked a lot about everything. The dance, their weekend and Rose's evening at the astronomy tower. Scorpius was surprised she'd forgiven Joe and even that she'd invited him for their New Year's Eve. Scorpius told her about how his family and he always went to his grandmother at Christmas, because she was kinda lonely after his grandfather was sent to Azkaban. It was nice to discover such things about him without doing so for the goal of making his life miserable, Rose thought.

"Are you going to the big Quidditch match, next week? It's Scotland against the Netherlands! It will be really exciting, you should come!" Scorpius said and Rose laughed.

"Naah, I don't think so. Only if my aunt Ginny has free cards for everyone, but I don't know for sure, because it's an international match," Rose answered and Scorpius couldn't believe his eyes.

"Free cards? FREE CARDS? You lucky..." he skipped the last few words and Rose laughed.

"Yeaaah, but I hate Quidditch so I don't really care that much," she answered.

"Rose, those games are so much more than just like an Hogwarts Quidditch game or even a professional Quidditch game, this is international Quidditch, it's the best there is!" Scorpius shook his head. 

"Okay, maybe I'll go, but only because I like the architecture of the stadium," Rose said with a smile and Scorpius shook his head again.

"Red...you disappoint me," he joked and Rose laughed.

"Can I make it up by inviting you to my family's New Year's Eve party? The more the merrier, gran said," Rose said and Scorpius's mood changed from joking to serious.

"I'm not sure...whether my parents like me to go away on my own at that time and my parents...I don't think they want to come..." he said, looking down.

"Nonsense! I know my mom will like it and my dad won't even see you, because my gran will make that much food that he won't have eyes for anything else," Rose laughed, but Scorpius didn't laugh with her.

"I'll...I'll write you, okay?" Scorpius said and he stood up.

"Yeah...we'll write," Rose said with some doubt. Scorpius walked away and Rose packed the rest of her stuff. He'd given her a nickname, a really sweet one actually. She liked the fact that they were friends, but her father...he couldn't find out. Gran wouldn't be happy if her dad would be duelling him. Perhaps...perhaps she would see him before that. Perhaps she could go to that Quidditch match and she could see him and hug him and...wait what? What was this strange feeling she had?  Why did she wanted to go to that crazy match when Joe would come over with New Year's Eve? Joe was her boyfriend, he was the one she was going to miss and would want to see as soon as possible...didn't she?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 3K 46
On Sunday: Rose Granger-Weasley was the same girl she had always been - the intellectual who had managed through luck and pure stubbornness to avoid...
59.8K 1.4K 30
After receiving a letter from his father informing him that he must stay at Hogwarts for the Christmas Holidays, Scorpius finds that he has only Rose...
179K 3.5K 64
Scorpius Malfoy had a crush on Rose Weasley since first year. She has always despised him, but the summer between 4rth and 5th year may have her re-t...
19K 439 47
Rose Weasley glared at Scorpius Malfoy from across the Great Hall. She couldn't stand him. He was so full of himself! "You're watching him again," Li...