[Detroit: Become Human] Conno...

By Xia_The_Writer_

"My name is Connor, I'm the Android sent by Cyberlife. I am a Deviant Hunter, a machine. Nothing more. I care... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
I'm not dead
I'M BACK
Preview of Chapter 28

Chapter 9

4K 169 149
By Xia_The_Writer_

Markus's voice echoed in your head as you tried to ignore it.

Of course, it did not work. Blocking the voice out only resulted in its coming back stronger, making you feel more conflicted.

You felt guilty. It took you longer than it should be to realize that androids are indeed alive, especially deviants.

For the longest time, you grew to dislike the deviants, for they attack humans due to the "bugs in their system". You always thought that Markus would be this... vengeful, bloodthirsty android who wished to be humanity's downfall. Yet... you have witnessed the exact opposite.

The past few days you have hunted down deviants. You hated them, yet in those said days you have felt... pity for them. You didn't know why. Perhaps it was because you have seen how they really are in person. Yes, their actions are unacceptable, but must that destroy your view towards the rest of deviants?

You sat on a box, pondering and thinking about what to do next. You came here in the first place to track Jericho down, but of course that was out of the question.

.... What now?

That's something you have been thinking about.

You could escape while Markus and the rest were out, but Jericho was like a maze. The only way out was to jump, and you knew that would bring suspicion upon the androids if you do.

You just sat there, obviously had nothing to do. It wasn't until a few hours later that Markus came back with a large group of androids. Most of them were injured, close to being shut down.

"What happened?" You stood up, surprisingly concerned for the androids.

"The humans attacked us." North said spitefully. "They didn't care that we're unarmed, they didn't care that we're protesting peacefully!" North turned to Markus, with eyes filled with rage as she crossed her arms. "I told you that peace isn't the way out when it comes to humans!"

"And I told you that it WILL work out eventually." Markus said, he seemed to be stressed.

"Humans don't care about us! They think that we're nothing but machines! It wouldn't help us if we're doing this peacefully!"

"And it certainly wouldn't help us if you're complaining." Markus spat. Ah, New love.

"I'm just trying to do what's best for Jericho!" These two lovebirds were basically having their first argument as a couple in front of you.

"By leading them into a bloody revolution? Please North, you're not helping!" Josh said, joining the argument.

"Ugh! You just don't understand! Humans are ruthless!" North turned to you, which made you tensed up. "You agreed, right?"

"I-I...uh..." You were speechless. You didn't know what to do or what to say. You glanced at Markus, hoping that he'll help you. He looked at you, with a look that made you knew he isn't going to help you sooner or later. "I...g-guess..."

"You guess? Do you not hate humans?" North looked at you suspiciously.

"U-Um...y-yeah, at times..." You couldn't make an eye contact with North.

"...." North went uncomfortably silent, you didn't know if she's unto you or not. You would've probably know by reading her expression, but you were afraid to look at North.

"I think its best to drop it for now. It has been a long day, we shouldn't be too stressed." Markus calmly said as he went in front of North, blocking her view.

"Right.." You heard North say before walking away. Markus sighed as be turned to you.

"You should get some sleep." Markus said, he pulled something out of his pocket and held it out to you. "I found some energy bars along the way. It's not much, but it's better than nothing." You gladly accept the energy bars as you thanked him. You went to a room where there are no androids, so that you can eat peacefully and sleep.

You ate two bars and kept the rest for tomorrow. Taking small bites as you thought about Hank and Connor.

Wonder how they're doing right now...

"Well, guess it's best that I should sleep..." You said, placing your gun beside you before stretching your arms and lying on the cold, hard ground to sleep.

"Well done, Connor. You've successfully found the leader. Now all you have to do is to eliminate him..."

"What are you doing?" Markus asked, his eyes filled with confusion and even a little bit of fear.

"You are Markus.." The intruder said, pointing his gun at Markus. "And my mission is to exterminate you."

"We are your people...you can't betray your own people!"

"I've killed androids before, I won't hesitate to kill you as well." Markus slowly move towards him.

"Please, if you just--" The anonymous android gave Markus a warning shot.

"Don't come any closer." He warned, but Markus didn't listen.

"You're...that famous deviant hunter, right? Connor?" Markus said, Connor remained silent. "You're an android, don't you want to be free? Free from the humans? Aren't you tired of being just a machine?" Markus managed to shorten the distance between him and the deviant hunter. "Don't you want to feel freedom?"

Connor stayed silent before raising his gun at Markus.

"Nice try, but I'm no deviant." Markus didn't have any choice but to attack Connor.

'Sorry, (Y/n). But if he has to die so that my people can be free, I'll let him.'

√YOU√

Noise. Noises of helicopters woke you up. You didn't know why was there a helicopter, but you shrugged it off, thinking it could be just the androids.

But when you started to hear gunshots, you knew something was wrong. You grabbed your gun, making sure it's loaded before standing up and going towards the door.

You open the door carefully and took a peek outside. The SWAT team were shooting at the deviants. Your eyes widened before closing the door before they see you. Sure you are a human, but they would accidentally shoot you without second thought.

Your body couldn't seem to get enough oxygen as you tried to take deep breaths. You chewed on your bottom lips before having the courage to open the door.

No one on sight. Good.

You swiftly, but carefully left the room, trying to escape Jericho or at least find Markus and the others.

You were sneaking around, trying your best to avoid the SWAT, praying that you would be out of here alive and well.

It wasn't until you bumped into someone.

"Argh..! You okay?" That voice...

North!

You weren't exactly too happy to see her but it's good to have someone by your side.

Oh hey, Markus is here as well. That's good.

"(Y/n)?" Markus said your name with a surprised tone. Wait. Hold up. You never told him his name. Did you? No...I don't believe so.

"I...you guys okay?" You said, decided to ask Markus later. Now is not the time.

"Yeah." North said, Markus nodded in response. "We have to leave Jericho, the humans are everywhere!"

"No! Not until Jericho is blown up!" Markus said.

"Are you crazy?! The bombs are at the very bottom of the ship, you won't be able to make it!" North protested, Markus shook his head.

"No, if we blow it up, our people can escape and the humans will have to choice but to retreat! I'll go alone, you two go on without me!" Markus said before running off. In a split second, you were having a huge argument with your mind, deciding wether to join Markus or not.

Markus had saved you from dying. He gave you food and everything, least you can do is to protect him! He's unarmed, but you aren't!

No, Markus said that you should go with North. You'll just distract Markus if you did go with him.

You shook your head and groaned before running after Markus.

~ <. < ~ ~>.> ~

"(Y/n)? What are--stand back!" Markus push you to the wall beside him as soon as the spotted some of the SWAT teams. When the coast is clear, Markus turned to you.

"I was just trying to help you." You said, pulling your gun out to show him that you probably won't be useless. Markus sighed in defeat before gesturing you to follow him.

On your way to the bottom of Jericho, some androids were struggling and you both helped them. In the end, you were able to reach the bottom.

"Now to activate the bombs.." Markus said, pressing the buttons. You looked at Markus, not even realizing there was someone behind you.

"Step away from the bomb." The familiar voice echoed around the room, making you froze in fear. "I repeat, step away from the bomb."

Each words coming out of his mouth hit you like a bullet.

"I won't hesitate to shoot any of you, including you...Detective (L/n)..." How he said your name with such venomous tone...

You turned around to see Connor, pointing his gun at you.

"Connor..." Your knees became shaky and weak. You didn't want to fight Connor.

Markus hesitated before moving away from the bomb.

"Connor..please..don't do this.." You begged, the android remained motionless.

"If you wish to be spared, then move out of the way, Detective." Connor said, you bit your bottom lips as you furrowed your eyebrows hopelessly. "Lieutenant, step out of the way. I do not wish to shoot you."

"Connor..please...don't do this! These androids just wanted to be free! Why can't you understand that you're more than just a machine??" Connor hold his gun even tighter. "Connor, you're my friend..please-"

"I am not your friend." Connor raised his gun higher. "Nor will I ever be."

"Why..." You whispered in disbelief. There were a few short seconds of silence before Connor spoke up.

"...My name is Connor, I'm the Android sent by Cyberlife. I am a Deviant Hunter, a machine. Nothing more. I care for my mission, and the mission only. If killing you would be beneficial to my mission, I won't hesitate to do so. I am not your friend. You were nothing but a partner, but now... you are an obstacle..." Those words pierced right through your heart..

"I will repeat for the last time...stay out of my way, Detective.. or I will shoot. So what's it gonna be, Detective?" Connor said venomously. "Are you going to side with the machines and betray humanity? Or are you going to side with mankind and prevent civil war?"

"These androids just wanted to be free, Connor. They never wanted hurt anyone..."

"Oh really?" Connor said, with an amused tone. "You're injured, shot by I assume an android with a handgun. No human can shoot that cleanly."

"....It was for self-defense...I was holding a gun as well!" Connor raised his eyebrow.

"So you want to hurt them?"

"I...." You glanced away. "Connor, why can't you just accept the fact that androids have the right to be free? Why can't you accept that you are supposed to free?"

"I am an android, you are a human. I'm designed to serve humans, not to become friends with them." You sighed deeply.

"Then I guess I have no choice then." You said, bringing out your gun. "Civil war already started, Connor, and I won't let you ruin it."

"Then so be it, Detective." Without warning, Connor pulled the trigger.

-√-√-√-√-√-√-√-√-√-√-√-√-

"North!" A familiar voice called out, North looked back to see Josh, who's trying to catch up to her.

"Where's Markus?" North said, fearing for her lover's safety. "I thought he's with you."

"I don't know, I told him to come with me, but he told me that he has to do something."

"He's really doing it..." North mumbled, leaving Josh to he unaware of the situation.

"HEY!" Both of the androids turn to see Markus. North sighed in relief as Josh smiled.

"The bomb will go off soon. We need to leave." Markus said, North looked around confusedly.

"Where's (Y/n)?"

"She....didn't make it." Markus uttered, Josh sighed.

"Another one of our people. Dead." Josh sighed, before taking a step forward the exit. "It's best that we should go, we can't be one of them. Our people need us."

"Right." And the three left Jericho, just before the ship exploded.

~You~

You were given a blanket with a glass of warm water. The SWAT team found you and assumed you were kidnapped by the androids. Although you wanted to protest that assumption, you were too tired to talk. Your legs were bruised badly when Connor kicked you.

You held Connor back so that Markus would have time to activate the bomb, as well as escaping, even if he doesn't want to leave you alone. Connor hit you couple of times, whilst you were holding back your attacks. Plus, he can predict your movement. However, the SWAT came in when they heard the commotion and started shooting at Connor.

He managed to knock some of them down and escaped.

" (Y/n)! Oh, you're okay!" You looked up to see Hank, who seemed to be out of breath. "We were so worried, we thought you were dead!"

"Sorry..." You looked at the ground once more. It seems as if the ground is your only friend now.

"Hey...you alright?" Hank's expression softened, his concerned tone seemed a little surprising to be honest. Even if he's a short-tempered, drunk old man, he can still be caring.

"What do you expect?" You snapped, although your voice was soft, and your eyes were half-lidded, it was obvious that you didn't have the energy to argue, but somehow you have some. "I was kidnapped, and I barely survived a life and death situation. Would I be okay?" Hank was silent. "I thought so."

"Listen, kiddo. About Connor..."

"Seen him, talked to him, but I don't want to talk about him." You mumbled, Hank sighed as he took a seat next to you.

"Had enough of him?" He asked, you just scoffed. Hank slouched as he rest his elbows on top of his laps. "Can't say I don't agree with you. All he cared about is his mission."

"You should've seen him when he's giving his little speech." You rolled your eyes, setting the glass down as you pulled the blanket closer to you. "He might as well plan a wedding."

"Couldn't agree more." You went silent, Hank looked at you before sighing deeply. He sat properly as he looked at you concernedly. "Look, kid. As much as I don't act like it, I treat you as a daughter. I've never had a daughter in my life, and I couldn't help but think that if I do have one, she act just like you." Hank smiled, wrapping his arm around you. "You're like a kid I never had, (Y/n), and I'm happy that I met you." You smiled a bit, before resting your head on his chest.

"Thanks, Dad..."

There were moment of silence, but you wanted to cherish this. Hank really acted like as if he's your father. He's like the father children used to brag about to the other kids everyday, even if he's a barfly.

"Hank..."

"Hm?"

"Do you....side with the androids or the humans? I mean, like...do you think androids deserve the freedom..?"

"I think they do. I mean, they're alive now, aren't they? I think we should just accept the fact." Hank said, you sighed, both in relief and disappointment. Relieved that Hank, your friend/dad, agreed with you. Disappointed because the rest of mankind didn't. "Well, it's getting late. You should rest. You need it. With all that happened, tomorrow isn't going to be a ordinary day."

You hung your head low as Hank stood up and walked away. You sat there for a good few minutes before shrugging the blanket off and left the area.

"Why didn't you, Connor?" Amanda questioned, her eyes narrowed, it showed nothing but anger and disappointment. "Why didn't you shoot?"

"I...I don't know..." Connor furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at the ground. "I don't know."

"....You had the chance to shoot Detective (L/n). Why didn't you take it?"

"I just don't know!" Connor snapped his head at Amanda, this time his eyebrows twisted in anger and frustration as something in his eyes sparked, before regaining his composure. "I...I just...froze.."

"Don't freeze." Amanda said sternly. "Don't hesitate. Androids shouldn't hesitate executing their mission, including you. You don't hesitate. You shouldn't hesitate."

Connor sighed before shaking his head. "I don't know how."

Amanda frowned. Connor is showing some deviancy, and she didn't like it. "Don't make us replace you, Connor."

"Don't! I just need more time!" Now he's showing fear....

This isn't good...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 297 11
[Connor x Android!Reader] Detroit is having a problem with their androids, they are attacking their owners; Deviants is what they have been called. C...
13.8K 452 18
You're Detective Y/N Anderson, your father Lieutenant Hank Anderson hates Androids. That's until Connor, the Android sent by CyberLife walks into you...
28.9K 813 14
"My name is Connor. I am the android sent by CyberLife" Connor is a prototype android sent by the foundation CyberLife. He has one mission and one mi...
24.5K 919 24
(Y/N) is a 22 year old woman who firmly believes in the concept of justice - if you commit a crime, you will have to pay for your mistakes. She was o...