Red Rose Nightmare (Phantom O...

By GrapeJuice1011

Sequel to RRT: It has been 2 years since Brie was in The Phantom of the Opera. She misses everyone, especiall... More

AN: VIDEOS AND POSTER!
🚨PLEASE READ: VOTE!🚨
Two Long Years Later...
The Hall Of Mirrors
Beyond The Sea
Til' I Hear You Sing
Somewhere He Is There
The Mysterious Carriage
Love With Your Heart
Deal Or No Deal Brieanna!
Once Upon A Song
My Dear Old Friend
The Truth Might Not Set You Free
Life is a Lie
Speechless To The Heart
Deal The Cards, One Will Win!
Sisters Are Meant To Be
A Bittersweet Reunion
Rewrite This Phantom Life

The Beauty of a Lie

3.5K 121 40
By GrapeJuice1011

Hello, my Phantom fans, I am back! I know it has been forever, since my last update. Again, the next chapter will take some time because of life, starting to work at the school again, and my next update is my "My Magical Wish" story. Please be patient with me.

Also, today is a special day because... IT IS MY BIRTHDAY!

Again, I want to thank my friends bored411, DreamonAlina and OtherCharacterNut for proofreading this chapter. Seriously, I do not know what I would do without your help. If you have not read their stories, I recommend you read them. They are truly amazing!

Also, please check out my Twitter page and my YouTube channel. Anyways, do not forget to favorite, follow, review, and enjoy this chapter. This is one of my favorite songs in the musical, so I hope you enjoy reading it!

Also, I do not own anything except my OCs Brie and Adam.

BRIE'S POV

"Love never dies! Love will continue! Love keeps on beating when you're gone! Love never dies once it is in you! Life may be fleeting, love lives on... Life may be fleeting, love lives on."

I opened my eyes after my voice finished the song. I felt I was on cloud nine and no one would wake me up. I looked over my shoulder to see Erik staring at me with wonder. He looked like I was an angel waking him up from a nightmare. He left the piano and walked over to me. My heart stopped when he placed his hand on my cheek and stared into my eyes.

"Brianna, my Angel of music, you have truly made my heart soar. My love, your voice... your voice is truly that of an angel's," Erik said to me.

My whole body felt like it was melting. Does my voice really sound like an angel's voice? I snapped back to reality when I realized what was going on. Do not fall for it Brieanna! Remember, you are over him. It has been two years and you need to wake up!

I looked outside the window to see that it was around noon! I gasped when I realized how long the lesson was. Oh my gosh, I have been here for about 4 hours! Christine would be worried sick.

I looked back at Erik and said, "I'm sorry but I have to go."

I rushed to the piano to collect the music sheets.

"Go? Why must you leave?"

After gathering the music sheets into my hands, I looked back at Erik and explained, "My family is probably in Phantasma right now looking all over for me. I cannot keep them wait for me."

As I was about to walk past Erik, I gasped when he suddenly grabbed my arm to stop me. I was startled that I accidently dropped the music sheets. I knelt down and quickly started to pick up the sheets. When I was about to grab the last sheet, I gasped when Erik's hand reached over and grabbed mine.

"Brieanna, you don't have to leave just yet. I haven't seen you for ten years. I need my Angel of Music."

I shook my head and took the sheet music out of his hand. As I slowly stood up, I held the sheets close to my chest as to comfort me. Yes, it was two years for me, but for Erik it was ten years. He must have been so heart broken. I wanted to stay with him, but the thought of Adam, Gustave, Raoul, and Christine searching for me came to my mind.

"I am so sorry Erik. I cannot stay. Things cannot be the way they were before, I am sorry," I said meekly.

I turned and walked to the door. I could feel my heart pound in my chest and my mind screaming at me to go back to him. Just as my hand touched the door knob, I jumped when there was a knock. I moved back when Gangle came rushing in, apologized for disturbing us and whispered something into Erik's ear. I suddenly looked curious as Erik's eyes widen and he smirked. Whatever Gangle to him made Erik's mind reeling.

He looked right into my eyes and said, "Gangle just informed me that young Gustave is here looking for you."

My face turned pale and I felt like I could not breath. Gustave is here? Is he lost or hurt? Did Erik kidnap him?

I rushed over and asked urgently, "Where is he? Is he all right?"

Erik looked at Gangle and nodded his head. I looked at Gangle as he walked over and pulled a lever on a wall. I was in shock to see another secret door opened up.

"He is in here Miss Daee. Step lively there and you will find your nephew," Gangle said as he bowed to me.

Without any hesitation, I ran pass Erik and Gangle and into the secret passage. I was not thinking as I continued to run through the dark passage. I was pushing spider webs out of the way and trying not to trip on my dress. All I can think was Gustave was in danger or hurt or worse.

"Gustave, where are you?" I screamed as I ran down the hall. I came up to a door and I immediately opened it and ran though. "Gustave, please tell me that you are..."

I paused when I saw where I was standing. I was on a dark stage with a chandelier hanging from the top. There was a staircase that looped around near the back of the stage. The curtains were purple with little crystals on them. In the middle of the stage was a grand piano. There were mannequins and masks at stage right. There was one small single spotlight shinning on the piano. I felt like I was on Broadway.

I slowly walked to center stage and looked around. I could not remember why I ran here.

"What is this place?" I said aloud softly.

I did not notice someone walking behind me holding a candelabra.

My whole body jumped in shock when I heard Erik singing behind me, "This is my realm, illusion's domain." I looked over my shoulder to see him inches away from me. His white mask glowed by the candle's flame. I was entranced when his face was close to mine as he continued to sing, "Where music and beauty and artifice reign."

I looked into his eyes and I could still see the love and adore in them. All of a sudden, the thought of Gustave came to me. I narrowed my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. Wait a flipping minute.

"Gustave was never here... was he?"

Erik smirked at me before placing the candelabra on top of the grand piano. I cannot believe I fell for that! Gustave is with Christine and Raoul, probably looking for me. Now I'm in this magnificent theater with Erik and he would not let me go.

"You'll be happy to know that your nephew is safe with his parents."

He walked up to me and grabbed my hands. My heart started to flutter as his thumb creased my knuckles. No, bad Brie! Do not fall for him again! He is just using you for your voice! Besides, after this adventure you will go bad to your time and you will never see him again! My heart sank after that last thought. This is the last time I will be here. I will never see Christine, Raoul, Adam, Gustave... Erik... ever again.

I took a deep breath and said, "Why am I here? Why did you lie to me about Gustave?"

Erik looked at me and said, "Brieanna, if you truly loved me all those years ago, then please listen. I want to show you something. Just for ten minutes, I promise you."

I looked down at our hands and bit my lip. I don't know what I should do. He slowly lifted my head and I stared right into his eyes. I sighed and nodded my head. As his smile grew, the lights dimmed. I gasped in shock when the music played hard rock all around the theater. I know this song, I've heard it before. My eyes widen when I recognized the song was "Beauty Underneath," one of my favorite songs in "Love Never Dies." Erik grabbed my hand and pulled me to a balcony. While we were walking up to the balcony, Miss Fleck stood on the piano and blew out the candles. Squelch started to push the piano away while Dr. Gangle stood by another lever. I did not even see them coming in.

As we reached the top, I gasped and held on the railing. There was a long drop if I took another step. When Dr. Gangle pulled down the lever, the balcony started to move. I screamed and held on the railing tightly. I suddenly felt Erik's arm wrapped around my waist, holding me still. He laid his head on my shoulder. I shivered as his breath hit my cheek. I nearly closed my eyes as he started to sing into my ear.

"Have you ever yearned to go past the world you think you know? Been in thrall to the call of the beauty underneath?" I turned my head to look at his face. He smirked as he slowly released me and continued to sing, "Have you let it draw you in, past the place where dreams begin? Felt the full breathless pull of the beauty underneath?" My eyes followed his hand like I was memorized. Erik pointed to the empty audience as I pictured myself on a Broadway stage and thousands of people cheering for me. I closed my eyes as he continued to sing, "When the dark unfolds its wings, do you sense the strangest things? Things no-one would ever guess? Things mere words cannot express?"

I opened my eyes and said breathlessly "Yes!"

Erik smirked before he grabbed my hand. He led my down the balcony as he sang out, "Do you find yourself beguiled by the dangerous and wild? Do you feed on the need for the beauty underneath?" We were back on the stage, but there were pillars, like big chess pieces on the stage. The pillars started to move and rotate around us. "Have you felt your senses surge and surrendered to the urge? And been hooked as you looked at the beauty underneath?" Performers, circus freaks, and animals came on the stage. I even saw a little monkey playing with cymbals, just like Erik's music box. They were dancing to the rock music. My back was to his chest as I watched the beautiful show. I felt him creasing my stomach as he sang, "When you stare behind the night, can you glimpse its primal might, might you hunger to possess? Hunger that you can't repress?"

I turned my head and said to him in ecstasy, "Yes!"

He slowly released me as I walked towards the pillars. While I softly touched the cool texture, I sang softly, "It seems so beautiful! So strange yet beautiful! Everything's just as you say!"

I looked behind to see Erik wasn't there. Suddenly a thought came to my head. Erik doesn't know this is a musical or that I don't really exist. I leaned on one of the pillars and placed my hand to my head.

I looked around as I sang softly to myself, "This place is beautiful. Both of my lives are beautiful. Do I have to choose just one? Will he forgive me for my secret and when I am gone? I know I can never come back!"

I turned back to see Erik standing at center stage with the dancers around him. I could see the love in his eyes. My heart swelled when I saw his handsome face. I rushed over to him before he took me into his arms.

He held me closely as I sang with passion, "Is there music in your head? Have you followed where it led? And been graced with a taste of the beauty underneath? Does it fill you every sense? Is it terribly intense? Tell me you need it too, need the beauty underneath!"

He smiled at me as he placed his forehead to mine. My whole body shivered when he raised his gloved hand and creased my cheek. I hardly noticed the pillars rotating around us. All I can focus was Erik and myself.

"When it lifts its voice and sings, don't you feel amazing things? Things you know you can't confess? Things you thirst for nonetheless?" we sang together beautifully.

The pillar came to a halt and lit up. I turned my head and gasped. Inside each pillar was a different creature or circus performer. There was a mermaid, a man with long fingernails, a human butterfly, a man with three eyes, and a girl with long hair like Rapunzel. I slowly walked to each one to get a closer look. I was mesmerized by the beauty and curiosity. I wasn't afraid from of their appearances, I was in awe. I stopped at the mermaid pillar and placed my hand on the glass. She smiled at me and placed her hand on the glass to mirror mine. I could feel Erik's eyes staring into me.

"It's all so beautiful! Almost too beautiful," I sang as I slowly walked around.

I stopped in center stage and looked right at Erik as we sang together, "Do you see what I see?"

He was smiling at me while he walked to one of the pillars. I gazed up to the ceiling to see trapeze artists flying in the air. I was in awe of how beautifully they floated in the air. I felt like I was in a dream.

I grinned before I whispered excitedly, "Heavenly!"

I closed my eyes when I heard Erik singing, "To her, it's beautiful! My world is beautiful!"

I still had my eyes closed as I sang softly, "How can this be what it seems?"

"All of my most secret dreams somehow set free," our voices sang in harmony.

I opened my eyes when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I was softly pulled into his strong chest. His hand moved to my neck and softly creased it. Again, I closed my eyes as I laid my head on his shoulder.

His mouth was near my ear as he sang eagerly, "You can feel it..."

I smiled as I said, "Yes..."

"Come closer..."

"Yes!"

"You've no fear of the beauty underneath." He turned me around to look at him. I felt myself getting lost in his hypnotic eyes. "You can face it."

I smiled as I said excitedly, "Yes!"

"You can take."

"Yes!"

"You see through to the beauty underneath!" Erik smiled grew as I stared at him. He knew he had me right where he wanted. My mind and voice belonged to him. I was in his control. "To the splendor!"

I raised my hand to touch his face as I replied, "And the splendor!"

Erik closed his eyes as my trembling hand touched his uncovered cheek. He opened his eyes to grab both of my hands and led me to center stage, where the pillars and circus performers continued to dance around us.

Erik beamed as he continued to sing, "And the glory!"

"The glory!"

"To the truth of the beauty underneath."

"The beauty underneath!"

Erik's smirk grew on his face. He tilted my head and he slowly leaned in. My mind was in a haze. I wasn't even aware that Erik was going to kiss me. OH MY GOSH, HE IS GOING TO KISS ME! Before his lips touched mine, he released me and backed away. My eyes readjusted to see Erik smiling at me. Two pillars crossed in front of him and he disappeared. I laughed when I realized he wants me to chase him, like a game of hide and seek. I moved around the room, trying to find him. Every time I believed I saw him, he was gone. Suddenly, the lights started to flash. I was mesmerized by the show and continued my search, following Erik's voice.

"You'll accept it," I heard him sing with such power.

"Yes," I answered back.

"You'll embrace!"

"Yes!"

"Let me show you the beauty underneath."

"The beauty underneath!"

I stopped searching and was back on center stage. I looked around this magnificent place. I felt like this was my home, my world. I truly belong here, with my love. My Angel of Music. My Phantom of the Opera. My Erik!

His voice continued to travel throughout the theater. "To the splendor!"

"The splendor!"

"And the glory!"

"And the glory!"

"To the truth of the beauty underneath," sang Erik.

"The beauty underneath!"

I stopped singing and stared at the ground. Not only was my head spinning, but the thought of my family, Amber, the 21st century, and my future came to me. I'm supposed to go to college. Amber and I were planning to audition to be on Broadway. What if there is a missing report of me? What if I never see my mom and dad again? I will break their hearts! Realization hit me like an avalanche, burying me in the cold truth. This life in the Phantom of the Opera world is a lie, Brie! You do not belong here! What are you thinking?

Erik's voice continued to sing out, "You'll accept it! You'll embrace it!"

I placed my hand to my head, as though I could stop it from exploding from the conflicting thoughts. This is not real, but I wanted it to be.

"Let me show you the beauty under-"

I can't do this anymore! My whole life is a lie! I am not really Brieanna Daee! This whole thing is a musical; it is not real. I can't believe I am lying to Erik.

Suddenly, two strong hands grabbed my shoulders and quickly turned me around. The music, the pillars, the lights, and the performers stopped. My eyes widened when I saw Erik looking at me in horror. His eyes slowly narrowed. I whimpered as he put pressure on my shoulders.

My heart sank when he asked darkly, "What did you say? What do you mean you lied to me and you are not really Brieanna Daee?"

I suddenly realized what happened. Oh no, I accidently said that out loud! Erik knows my secret! What am I going to do?

And there you have it, another chapter done! Oh boy, Brie is in trouble now! CLIFFHANGER! What will happen next?

We are half way done with this story! I still cannot believe it! It feels like yesterday that I started writing my first Phantom of the Opera story "Red Rose Thorn."

Again, I am so sorry for the wait. Sadly, the next chapter will take some time so please have patience with me. I do not want to rush and have a bad chapter for you to read. The next update will be my "My Magical Wish" story and then I will be back with "Red Rose Nightmare." Do not forget to favorite, follow, review, and until then...

Grapejuice101

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.4K 1.6K 30
Before the opera house, there was a sad manor, a cruel mother, and a friendly little girl. Fate and circumstance tore her away from him, and now, the...
31.9K 1.3K 23
One event changed everything in Christine Daae's life. Erik Destlar fell in love with her and decided to take her to live with him. Will she ever lov...
80.7K 2.6K 58
A Phantom of the Opera fan falls into a world that she can partially recognize from her favorite movie. She has the chance to save the Phantom for hi...
46.8K 3.1K 68
Christine left and the Phantom of the Opera sank into despair. Yet when he discovers something magical in Cornwall, it will set him on the road towar...