You and I{Sequel to The Retur...

By TheHarryPotter

After Lucius Malfoy kidnaps Ginny, Harry goes looking for her. His friends, who happen to be Ginny's family... More

You and I {Sequel to The Return to Hogwarts}
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Not a Chapter
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Authors Note: Cover Change
Chapter 25(I think) Part One
Chapter 25(Part Two)
A/N: Future Updates
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue
NEW STORY
Rewrite

Chapter 23

3.4K 128 34
By TheHarryPotter

Disclaimer:I don't own Harry Potter

Question:Do you guys want me to tell you what songs I listen to whie writing? Because this time it was Fall For You by Secondhand Serenade on a loop.

Alright, I've kept you guys waiting long enough. Here's chapter 23 of You And I.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

~Ginny~

I grapsed the envelope firmly in my hands, anticipating the contents.

"Ginny, just open it," said Sebastian impatiently. Skylar hit the back of his head.

"You're so inconsiderate at times, I swear to Merlin," She said as Sebastian rubbed his head.

I carefully turned the envelope over, as if it were a delicate flower. I slipped my fingers under the seal, and ripped the yellowed paper apart.

There was only a list of clues; no greeting on the paper.

" 'Those brave enough to venture through, shall find this near a loved ones tomb.

-Those wise enough to solve the riddle, will lead the way to that day.

-Those idiotic enough will lead on to the invisible lane, which is where they will remain.' " I read. I flipped the paper over. On the back was more writing.

" ' On an All Hallows Eve past, a very beloved pair sacrificed themselves for a loved one. Go to the graveyard where they were buried.' "

"That's easy. It's obviously-" Seamus was saying, but was interrupted by the jingling of keys in the front door. The door swung open, and revealed a very surprised Vernon Dursley, but his expression changed from surprised to angry in a matter of seconds.

"WHAT ARE YOU FREAKS DOING HERE? I THOUGHT AFTER HARRY LEFT, I WOULD NEVER HAVE TO SEE ANY OF YOUR BLOODY KIND AGAIN! WHO BROUGHT YOU HERE? HUH? WAS IT YOU?" he asked, pointing at me. "HIS LITTLE BLOODY GIRLFRIEND?"

He calmly walked over, and I was afraid that he would kill me. He raised his fist, and punched me across the face, making me fall to the ground. He started kicking me in the stomach, repeatedly, and I heard the crack of my ribs breaking.

"DAD! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? THESE ARE HARRY FRIENDS!" Dudley Dursley screamed as he clambered through the front door.

"EXACtTLY WHY I'M DOING THIS, SON! THEY WON'T HURT US AFTER THIS!" Vernon raised his foot to kick me again, but Dudley stepped in just as his fathers leg swung down, hitting him in his southern area. Dudley crumpled to his kness, while Petunia Dursley grabbed her husband.

"Vernon, will you stop this? Harry cares about these people," She said.

"Since when do you care about Harry and his group of freaks?" As they were arguing, I looked around at the rest of the group. They were all stunned to the point of not being able to move.

"He is my nephew, and my blood. Of course I care about him. Now, get out of this house this instant." Vernon Dursley waddled out of the house, obviously scared of his wife.

Petunia snapped her fingers, getting the attention of the rest of the group. "Anybody want to help the girl up?" Ron and Sebastian rushed to pick me up, while Neville and Jace helped Dudley up.

"Why did you help me?" I coughed as ron laid me on the couch. Jace knelt beside me to check my injuries.

"Because Harry loves you, and he is my nephew. I care about him, he saved my son's life. By the way, where is Harry?" Everybody looked at their feet, clearly not wanting to tell Harry's aunt that he was dead.

"He's gone," I whispered, tears in my eyes.

"What?" Petunia asked, tears welling up in her eyes as well.

"He's gone."

"Oh."

"Would you like some tea?" she asked.

"Sure," I said as Draco Malfoy, Astoria Greengrass, Rolf Scamander, and Hannah Abbott walked into the house.

"Ginny," Draco said, "we're here to help."

"Would you four like some tea as well?" Petunia asked.

They all agreed, and Petunia set off to make twenty cups of tea. While she made the tea, Jace worked on healing Dudley and I, and the rest made small talk until she returned.

"So, what happened to Harry?" whispered Petunia as she walked back into the room with twenty china cups set out on a tray.

"It started with a fight." I told her the whole story, from when I was kidnapped up until then, Ron filling in the part about what Harry did while I was gone. When we finished, tears were streaming down her face, and she walked over to the couch I was laying on and gave me a hug.

"I am so sorry you had to go through that."

"It's almost over, we'll get Harry back. Speaking of which, Seamus, you were saying you knew where the location is."

"Oh yeah. It's Godric's Hollow," the Irish lad announced, clearly proud of himself.

"All right then, let's go," I said, trying to sit up.

"Oh no dear, you need to rest," Petunia said, gently pushing me back down.

"But-" I tried to protest, but Jace agreed with her.

"She's right Gin, you have three broken ribs. You need to rest. Stay here and get to know Dudley. After all, you will evetually be cousins." I glared at him as he smirked

"We'll come back when we find it," Hermione said. and with that, they all Disapparated.

~Hermione~

We appeared in Godric's Hollow, looked up to see a statue of two people holding a baby. There was a plaque, but I had already read it before, and I figured we should find the envelope as quickly as possible. We rushed down to the graveyard, and spilt up. We searched for hours, unaware of the setting sun.

It was after dark when we heard Draco yell out.

"I've found it." We rushed to the source of his voice, which was near the previous site of James and Lily's graves. I nodded to the group and we Apparated back to the Dursley house.

"Did you get it?" Ginny immediately asked as soon as we appeared.

"Got it."

~Ginny~

After the group of seventeen Disapparated, I sat talked with Petunia, and taught Dudley Wizards Chess. 

"It's sort of like muggle chess, only they move by themselves." He watched in awe as my knight destroyed his pawn. I was constantly looking at the clock, so Dudley won all of the games we played.

After the sun went down, I heard a pop from the hallway, and the group appeared in the sitting room.

"Did you get it?" I asked.

"Got it," Hermione answered.

"Well I guess we should get going," I said, standing up.

"Where are you staying during your hunt?" Petunia asked.

"In tents."

"Nonsense. There's enough room here. There's two beds upstairs that can each fit two people, and the couch here. The rest of you can summon cots and I'll get you blankets."

"I don't know. We'd just be a burden."

"No you wouldn't. Please. This way it will be easier to update me on your search."

"Please Ginny," echoed around the group.

"Oh, all right then."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Oh my gods, I am so sorry it took so long. I was having trouble. I've reread my these two books and I'm not very proud of them. They're not very good. I promise the one after Ginny's side of the story will be way better.

Dedicated to @theHPDetective for the help on this chapter. Of course @the_last_trilogy helped me too, but I've dedicated a lot of chapters to her.

I'm posting a picture of the people who are playing Sebastian and Skylar to the side, along with the song for this chapter.

I don't know when the next update will be, but the story is almost finished.

Thank you guys for your constant fangirling over my stories even though they're terrible.

It's 4:30 A.M. here and I'm tired. But I made you wait too long so  I stayed up late to update.

Vote, or Comment if you want.

Jordan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 414 35
His past keeps up with him, no matter how hard he keeps the fight with his inner demons. He tries to forget but oblivion doesn't come to those who su...
289K 8.6K 32
Harry Potter from Ginny Weasley's point of view. How things happened....her way! She understands Harry will never fall for her but a girl can dream...
120K 2.9K 29
Three months have passed since the war and all is well, or so Hermione Granger thought. One day her entire world changes when she is told that she wa...
20.5K 893 52
The world left behind after the war and Voldemort's demise looks perfect at first glance. Look deeper, and you will know different. Everyone is eithe...