Elves and Dwarves (part 2)

By animaltrainer

After Thorin Oakenshield and his company escaped the halls of the great Goblin king. They now have to take an... More

Flashback
Beorn
The Shifter
Mirkwood
Imprisoned
Thranduil
Bilbo
Thranduil Part 2
Orcs
Laketown
Helping
Sneaking in
Weapons
Hide
Welcome

Farewell Mirkwood

604 17 0
By animaltrainer

Previously

He then ran towards the river, tossed his axe to one of the floating dwarves, then gracefully jumped into an empty barrel.

Meanwhile, Legolas, Tauriel, and the other elves had caught up to the dwarves and orcs, and they fought the orcs. At one point, Legolas leapt over the river and landed with a foot on the heads of two dwarves, from this vantage point, he shot orcs on either riverbank. He aimed carefully, and managed to skewer two orcs through the head with one arrow. Legolas continued fighting orcs, using the heads of floating dwarves as stepping stones to get across the river. While he was preoccupied fighting an orc, another orc ran up behind him and raised its sword to kill him. Thorin, from his barrel in the river, threw his sword and managed to kill the orc behind Legolas. Legolas and Thorin looked at each other with some sort of understanding. Legolas stopped pursuing them as the dwarves continued floating down the river. It seemed like all the orcs are dead. However, as Legolas watched the dwarves float away, an orc drew its bow and aimed at him. It shoots, but its arrow was suddenly deflected in the air by Tauriel's own arrow. As Legolas spun around in surprise, Tauriel attacked the orc and forced it to its knees. Just before she could decapitate it with her knife, Legolas stopped her.

"Tauriel! Dartho! Ú-no hono. Ho hebo cuin." He said

[Tauriel! Wait! This one we keep alive.]

Bolg and his remaining orcs continued chasing the dwarves.

"Ban khozdai-go! Sha-mogi obguryash!" He yelled

[After them! Cut them off!]

Legolas stared after the dwarves for a second, then turned and headed back toward the Woodland Realm. Tauriel watched the dwarves floating away, being chased by orcs, and looked conflicted as to whether or not she should follow them or Legolas.

Meanwhile, Gandalf walked up a hill and found some ruins.continuing forward he carefully climbed a narrow stone ledge built into the side of a tall, bare, mountain. Just as he reached a door in the side of the mountain, the stone ledge he was standing on crumbled away, and he began to fall, but managed to catch himself and climbed onto the entrance of the doorway. A set of metal interlocking bars that had in the past covered the doorway now sat broken and bent away from the opening. Gandalf stepped through the doorway and into a short tunnel going into the mountain. He was suddenly grabbed by some invisible force and was pulled swiftly into the mountain. The tunnel ended in a vast, cavernous hollow in the mountain, and the ground fell away into the distance at the end of the tunnel. Gandalf managed to stop himself from falling into the pit. He blew the end of his staff and made it glow; with this light, he examined his surroundings. On the far wall of the cavern, he saw a door similar to the one he had just entered; he went to it by carefully walking on narrow stones set in the sides of the cavern.

This door's metal grate had also been broken and bent away. Gandalf entered the crypt and saw a tomb inside. However, the cover of the tomb had been broken. Suddenly, a bird flew out of the broken tomb at Gandalf. Gandalf started, then turned around to find Radagast behind him.

"Oh, it's YOU!" He said

"Why am I here, Gandalf?" Radagast asked

"Trust me, Radagast. I would not have called you here without good reason."

Radagast removed his hat, and three birds flew into the nest on his head. He then replaced his hat.

"This is not a nice place to meet."
He said

"No, it is not." Gandalf agreed

They exited the crypt and looked around at the cavern.

"Theses are dark spells, Gandalf. Old, and full of hate. Who was buried here?" Radagast asked

"If he had a name, it's long since been lost. He would have been known only as a servant of evil. One of a number. One of nine." Gandalf said as he illuminated the lower part of the cavern. Eight other crypts like the first, all with their metal bars bent and broken away from the insides of the crypts.

Gandalf and Radagast left the mountain.

"Why now, Gandalf? I don't understand." Radagast said

"The Ringwraiths have been summoned to Dol Guldur." Gandalf explained

"But it cannot be the Necromancer. A human sorcerer could not summon such evil." Radagast said

"Who said it was human?" Gandalf said

Radagast, who had been walking, stopped abruptly.

"The Nine only answer to one master. We've been blind, Radagast, and in our blindness, the Enemy has returned." Gandalf's said

Radagast looked shocked.

"He is summoning his servants. Azog the Defiler is no ordinary hunter. He is a commander, a commander of legions. The enemy is preparing for war. It will begin in the east. His mind is set upon that mountain." Gandalf said

Gandalf turned and began to walk away.

"Where are you going?"

"To rejoin the others." Gandalf said

"Gandalf!"

"I started this; I cannot forsake them. They are all in grave danger." Gandalf called back

"If what you say is true, the world is in grave danger. The power in that fortress will only grow stronger." Rad aghast said

Gandalf looked away.

"You want me to cast my friends aside?"

The river had calmed down, and the dwarves paddled along in their barrels with their hands.

"Anything behind us?" Thorin asked

"Not that I can see." Balin said

"I think we've outrun the orcs." Bofur added

"Not for long; we've lost the current." Thorin said

"Bofur is half drowned." Dwalin said

"Make for the shore! Come on, let's go!" Thorin ordered

The dwarves and Bilbo paddled to the riverbank; they climbed out onto a slab of rock jutting out a bit into the river.

"Come on!" Dwalin called

Bilbo walked onto shore with Draco in his arms. He noticed her breathing was shallow.

"Draco's hurt!" He called

"She must of been hit by a rogue arrow." Bofur said as he examined her calf.

Pulling out the arrow he said.

"It's elvish."

"She needs healing, Kili too. She's lost a lot of blood so she will be uncontious for a while." Balin said

When Kili was on the rocks, he fell to his knees in pain from the arrow wound in his thigh. It had been bound with cloth, but blood was seeping through. Bofur looked at him concernedly.

"I'm fine, it's nothing." Kili said through gritted teeth

"On your feet." Thorin said

"Kili's wounded. His leg needs binding." Fili said

"There's an orc pack on our tail; we keep moving." Thorin said

"To where?" Balin asked

"To the mountain; we're so close." Bilbo said

"A lake lies between us and that mountain. We have no way to cross it." Balin said

"So then we go around." Bilbo said

"The orcs will run us down, as sure as daylight. We have no weapons to defend ourselves." Dwalin argued

"Bind his leg, quickly. You have two minutes." Thorin ordered

While they bound Kili's leg, some of the dwarves sat down and Ori knelt by the river to empty his boot of water. Unbeknownst to them, a man, Bard, sneaked up over the pile of rocks and aimed an arrow at Ori. As the dwarves realized a man was there, they jumped up, and Dwalin, holding a branch, leapt in front of Ori. He raised the branch and began to charge the man, but the man shot his arrow and it embedded itself right in the middle of the branch, between Dwalin's hands. Kili raised a rock to throw, but the man shot the rock out of his hand too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.3K 742 22
As the journey towards the mountain grows more difficult, Thorin and y/n's newfound love is put to the test. When it comes down to it, what will he c...
169K 6.4K 25
Everyone has heard of Thorin Oakenshield and his merry band of dwarves, including the hobbit, Bilbo, but there are few know the whole story. There ar...
129K 4.3K 13
There were many myths about the forest kingdom, whether it was real or not. Some claimed that it's people were immortal while others claim they are t...
186K 5.4K 29
Once there was a Hobbit who set out on a quest to reclaim the homeland of the Erebor Dwarves of old. Never did he know where his journey would take h...