Broken Remedy |L. Odinson|

By -hellsqueen

"She was his remedy, but like all pure spirits in this world, she was meant to be broken." Life is the state... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Epilogue

Chapter Three

1.3K 71 58
By -hellsqueen

The wind was blowing her hair back as she urged her horse forward, the magnificent chestnut stallion not protesting as it ran even faster than before. She led the horse away from her home and at a small forest nearby, making sure to keep her body close to the animal's so she wouldn't get hit by any kind of branch. She only made the horse stop when they were deep in the forest.

Eir had left home for the morning, as she could not quite stand being in the presence of Cuyler at the moment. He was his usual annoying self, but she could not handle it that morning. Not wishing to lose her temper, she had decided to leave for a short while just so she could occupy herself with something else.

Swiftly, she jumped off her horse's back and briefly looked around her, noticing there wasn't any person or animal around. At least, that was the case until a crow came to stand on a branch near her.

She was somewhat unnerved by the creature, but nevertheless, she did not pay much mind to it as she turned to her horse and started petting it.

"Such a good boy," she murmured with a smile. The horse, as if knowing exactly what she was talking about, stomped its foot on the ground and let out a low neigh. Eir could not help but chuckle as she rested her forehead on the animal's cheek. "Such a good boy."

"If I didn't know better, I would think you were in love with the horse."

A small yelp escaped her lips as she turned around, only to see Loki some feet away from her, his arms clasped behind his back and a small smirk on his lips. She placed a hand over her heart as she tried to steady her breathing.

"You startled me, my Prince."

"Forgive me, I should have predicted you had eyes only for the horse."

"Alvis is not just a horse," she stuck her chin out before turning to the horse with a soft look. "Am I not right, Alvis?"

The horse neighed once again, bringing the man to shake his head. "I'm certain he is a very special horse."

"He is," she nodded before her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "When did you come here?"

"You noticed me," he smirked slightly, "you saw me just seconds ago."

A small frown formed on her lips. "I didn't see-" her voice trailed off as she looked at the branch the crow had been sitting only to see it was no longer there. A look of realisation formed on her features. "You were the crow."

"What a great observation," he exclaimed as he took a step closer towards her. "Well done indeed, Eir."

"Are you done?" she rolled her eyes as she turned back to her horse. "If I wanted to be teased I would have stayed home. What are you doing here anyway?"

For some time, she did not receive a reply and thought he had left, but as she glanced back, she saw him still standing in the place she had left him, only this time, his expression was not really playful. She seemed to realise this was not a way to speak to someone that had done nothing to her, and rushed to apologise, but Loki cut her off.

"My brother is around here somewhere with his friends, I left them at some point. Is Cuyler bothering you again?"

"I told you, that's just how he is," she shook her head.

"And I told you you could always change him."

"I am not his mother, Loki," she sighed, "I tried to show him what he is doing is not funny to me, but he doesn't understand. I'm not going to keep trying."

"That's like giving up!" he complained.

"I'm tired of paying attention," she muttered, "perhaps he'll realise what he is doing at some point."

For some time, the two were silent, and even Alvis the horse was quiet. The Prince's voice broke the silence. "What did he say today?"

"He is commenting that when fighting, I am making too small steps," she huffed, "as if he would know anything about it. He is an archer, he has never touched any kind of staff in his life, and yet, he believes he can correct the way I move when in battle."

Loki assessed her quietly. He could sense she was irritated about it, but still, he had a question. "Did you tell him that?"

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Tell him what?"

"What you told me just now."

Her eyes widened and immediately, she started shaking her head. "No, no, no," she laughed slightly, "I would never-"

"Why not?"

"He would not listen," she explained, "he would dismiss my reasoning-"

"Then try again."

"Trust me, Loki, you don't know him," she shook her head, "he would never listen to me."

"So you are letting him walk all over you."

"I am not-"

"Eir," he cut in firmly, bringing her to fall silent as he took a step closer towards her. "If you don't demand the respect of your family, how do you expect to be respected by others?"

"People do respect me-"

"Do they?" he raised an eyebrow.

"They do."

"Very well," he nodded, "I'm not going to change the way you see those around you. And now, if you'd excuse me, I think I can hear my brother calling my name."

"Oh," she nodded as she looked up, "I'll see you-" but he had already turned into a crow and was flying away before she had the chance to finish her sentence. A small sigh escaped her lips. "I'll see you another time."

With a small frown on her lips, she turned back to her horse and wordlessly raised a hand to its cheek. "It's just the two of us again, Alvis. What do you want us to do?"

The horse let out a neigh before turning its head to the place they had come from. Chuckling slightly, she grabbed the reins and the two headed back to the direction of their home. After about half an hour of walking, Eir climbed on Alvis's back and the two set off again in a trot to the direction of her house.

Everything was silent around them, until she heard someone riding her way. She turned her head to the side and narrowed her eyes at the sight of six people on horseback. As they got closer, she was able to see Thor in the front, with Sif, the Warriors Three and Loki behind him. They were galloping straight towards her.

Eir stopped her horse and watched them with a smile. Thor slowed his horse down, until it came to a stop just in front of her as the rest did the same. He did not hesitate to offer her a wide smile.

"Eir! We caught a boar!"

Turning to those behind the blond Prince, she noticed that behind Volstagg, on his horse, was the dead boar. The warrior looked all too pleased with the situation as he glanced back at the boar before looking at her once again. Eir, though, did not really like the sight of dead animals. Despite her discomfort, however, she forced a smile on her lips as she turned her attention to Thor.

"Lovely."

"You were in the woods all this time?" Fandral asked her. Seeing an opportunity for her to avoid any other conversation of the dead boar, Eir did not hesitate to turn to him and nod. She had not been exactly expecting the warrior to turn to Loki with a smirk, though. "Is that where you had been off to, Loki?"

"I was not aware she had been in the forest," he lied instantly as he raised an eyebrow at Fandral. "I had been merely spending some time on my own, to reflect-"

"Forgive me if I don't believe you," he cut in before turning to her with a smirk.

Eir wanted to look away from him, but she knew, something like that would only raise suspicions that Loki was lying. She really didn't want that happening. Instead, much like she she had done before, she forced herself to offer a small smile at the man who seemed quite pleased with her response.

"There will be a feast to celebrate our hunt later," Thor boomed, a wide smile on his lips, "Are you going to join us?"

"Of course," she nodded, "after I get home and get dressed, that is. I can't attend a feast with such an attire."

"Nonsense," Fandral cut in, "your attire is perfect and I am certain, Loki would agree."

Volstagg howled with laughter and even Hogun smiled as Fandral, looking all too pleased with himself, sent a smirk at Loki who only rolled his eyes in return. Sif, with a small sigh, led her horse forward.

"The feast will never take place if we stay here all day. Get moving."

Thor chuckled as he led his horse forward. Sif followed close after him with Hogun beside her, while Fandral and Volstagg started talking among themselves. Eir watched them as they walked away, her eyes staying on Loki for a while longer. Without much hesitation, she led her horse close to Loki's. As if already knowing what she had been thinking, he slowed down his horse so she would catch up to him. They stayed in the back of the group. At first, they were silent, but after some time, when she was sure nobody would hear them, Eir spoke up.

"Why did you lie to them?"

Loki raised an eyebrow at her. "Would you have enjoyed more teasing from Fandral?"

She frowned slightly. "Why would he tease us?"

"Don't you see, Eir?" he shook his head, "Anyway, you'll figure it out soon enough."

"But why won't you let me know?" her eyebrows furrowed as she watched him, "This matter has something to do with me, I need to know what's going on."

"You'll figure it out soon enough," he smirked down at her, "little, naive Eir-"

"Just tell me!"

Fandral, paying attention to her raised tone, slowed his horse down so he was beside Eir and turned to Loki with a smirk. "Loki, that's not the way to talk to a lady."

The Prince raised an eyebrow. "No?"

"Of course not," he frowned, "You really don't know how to talk to one."

Eir barely managed to keep herself from smiling at the Prince's slightly offended face. "You think I don't?"

"No, I know you don't," Fandral smirked, "but don't worry, I'll show you." Turning to Eir, he grabbed her hand and raised it to his lips. He pressed a kiss on the back of her palm, ingoring the bewildered look in her eyes as he did not break eye contact. "Your eyes are as deep and wild as the sea surrounding our home, and I am a mere sailor that loved you so much, I did not care if I'd drown."

For some seconds, there was silence as every person in the company turned their heads to face Fandral and Eir. She blinked quickly as she processed his words, before a small smile appeared on her lips. Sif nearby, let out a small laugh.

"Nice try, Fandral."

Instantly, he turned towards her. "Your eyes are-"

"No."

Volstagg and Thor laughed as Fandral shrugged and turned sheepishly to Eir. "It was worth a shot. See Loki?" he called out, "That was your first lesson."

With a wink at Eir, he made his way back to Volstagg, leaving the two once again alone. As soon as he could not hear them, Loki turned to his companion. "You actually liked that?"

"As Sif said, it was a nice try," she smiled, "the drowning part was somewhat dramatic-"

"Somewhat?"

"It still was nice, though."

"I know how to talk to women."

She smiled slightly. "I know you do."

"I don't need lessons from Fandral. And even if you like that sort of thing, I'm not going to change the way I speak to you in order to be more likeable."

"Of course not, you shouldn't change," she shook her head as she looked up at him, "You and Fandral are completely different. If I wanted someone like him, I would have spoken to him."

Loki raised an eyebrow, slightly amused before he turned his attention back to his front. "I'll keep that in mind."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 71 37
On Asgard, Odin is critically ill, possibly even dying. Odin has banished Loki to Midgard for all eternity. Odin has sent for Thor to take the throne...
9.4K 299 17
I laugh at you pitiful humans who scurry about this Earth with out a purpose seeking only life, but finding only death. I welcome death. I know what...
60.7K 2.1K 26
Light Elves are pure, innocent beings, right? Wrong. Or, at least, not in Y/n's case. Much like Loki, she was born to be the Princess of Alfheim, but...
43.5K 1.6K 11
LOKI X READER - A SLOW-BURN ROMANCE & DARK FANTASY CHARACTER-DRIVEN STORY - COMPLETED You and your family are unexpectedly invited to a celebratory f...