In Your Own Words

By faithavelina

!!! ATTENTION MALE STUDENTS OF BADER UNIVERSITY !!! Are you a participant in the tradition of violent, albeit... More

1. SUBJECT: INTEREST IN WRITING OPPORTUNITY
2. SUBJECT: A DAY IN MY LIFE
3. SUBJECT: HOCKEY
4. SUBJECT: DATING HISTORY
5. SUBJECT: THANK YOU
6. SUBJECT: INSECURITIES
7. SUBJECT: YOU WIN
8. SUBJECT: HOLY SH*T
9. SUBJECT: I'M AN IDIOT
10. SUBJECT: PETER
11. SUBJECT: MY DATE
12. SUBJECT: LENA
13. SUBJECT: THANKS FOR THE CHOCOLATE
14. SUBJECT: HEY STRANGER
15. SUBJECT: RELATIONSHIPS ARE HARD
16. SUBJECT: GOOD TO SEE YOU
17. SUBJECT: MY BOOK
18. SUBJECT: UPDATE ON PETER
19. SUBJECT: LAST NIGHT
20. SUBJECT: WHERE ARE YOU?
21. SIMON SAYS
22. SUBJECT: MY DATE WITH WES
23. SUBJECT: LAST NIGHT
24. SUBJECT: AN EXPLANATION
25. SUBJECT: I'M SORRY
26. SUBJECT: (NO SUBJECT)
27. SUBJECT: RE:
28. THE TRANSCRIPT
29. AFTERMATH
30. A LETTER TO HER MOTHER
31. SUMMER '17
32. 2018

The End.

5.1K 248 99
By faithavelina

Thank you SO much for taking the time to read, vote, and comment on In Your Own Words. I see every reader, and am grateful for you all. But a huge thank you to @lptvorik, @moonraess, @GigiLaurent, @sandy_stories, @TheaDawson and @k8lynwhite,  for keeping up with me as I wrote. Your feedback and support have fueled me.

And GM. In 2010 I was a shitty writer who wanted to enter a short-story contest. G, an affable and talented athlete I went to high school with, not only helped me develop my main character (which won me the contest), but he's been writing to me for the last eight and a half years. We're certainly not in love, but this book was born of a very real and important friendship.

Oh, and a massive thank you to Andrew, who listened to me recite different versions of my plot for the entirety of Summer 2017, and Sahar, my first reader. I will love you both for the rest of my life.

I started this book the summer before my last year of university, and then picked it up again in June 2018, publishing it here July-August 2018. It's been such an encouraging (and emotional) experience to see what people think of something I wrote. Thank you, deeply.

The final wordcount is just under 65, 000

The final chapter count is 32: Chapters 1-18 were written June-September of 2017, and 18-32 were written June-August of 2018 (seven months total!)

I'd always planned to do an epilogue set during Simon and Sarah's wedding. I'd planned to have Sarah create a Described Video of their wedding tape for Simon. I might still do that, but I actually really like where things left off.

Thank you again! For your time and your efforts. You're so appreciated.

************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

922K 21K 35
I had to flee. To escape. I couldn't take the pain of people telling me to be okay. That I was a survivor. But what about me being a victim? All bec...
7.6M 173K 73
Rosé My past haunts me. It has tainted me. But I haven't let it ruin my happiness. I only want love but I'm afraid of not being enough. And crushing...
3.3K 73 31
When Annie Murphy returns home for her mother's funeral, she believes to have seen her estranged best friend, Zach Zimmerman, in attendance. As she g...
30.7K 1.6K 29
Brie Sheridan has had her heart broken way too many times. Rhett Price is usually the culprit, but, this time, he might be the solution. ...