On the Court #Wattys2015

By themoneb

The color of his skin didn't matter. With his heart on his sleeve and panty-melting smile, she fell for him... More

On the Court
CH 1: Coffee shop soundtrack
CH 2: Cheer Shorts
CH 3: Wolfpack!
CH 4: Just a New Year's Eve party
CH 5: Our Hang Out
CH 6: Feeling Used and Confused
CH 7: Wilmington Blossoms
CH 8: The New Things
CH 9: A Year Older A Year Wiser
CH 10: Assumptions
CH 11: My First
Ch 12: The Story Begins
CH 13: A Visit
CH 14: It's Time
CH 15: The First Year
CH 16: The Third Year
CH 17: The Fifth Year (part one)
CH 18: The Fifth Year (part two)
CH 20: Another Go
CH 21: To Gain And Lose
CH 22: A Valentine Love
CH 23: A 'Yes' Would Suffice
CH 24: To Stir and Let Sit
Epilogue
Extra: The Other Generation
Extra: Happy Father's Day
Extra: Growing Pains
Extra: It's Not Always Sunny
Extra: Can't Leave It Alone

CH 19: The Fifth Year (part three)

3.1K 77 21
By themoneb

For those who are a bit confused...

This last part of the fifth year will be from Rory's birthday in June to Joseph's birthday in January.

It was tense and Toni was in the middle of all of it. 

She couldn't deny that Kyle visits his daughter on her birthday, but it was a bit stressful having Darren there too...under Rory's commands of course.

Toni didn't want Kyle to come to the place where she lived and potentially harass her, but it was entirely too hot for another location.

Darren had gotten there early that day to help with decorations. He even made Rory her birthday breakfast. Toni made her a cake and they both put icing and sprinkles on it. She got her little princess dressed in her yellow and pink outfit and painted her little toes and fingers.

Now that it was four o'clock and Rory had woken up from her nap, Toni had to gulp down her nerves.

The knock on the door made Toni jump. She quickly recovered, smoothed down her dress and went to answer it.

She breathed out a sigh of relief when it was her mother.

Both Joseph and Rory said "Mimi!" before Toni could even get out a "Hello".

Kelsey knew that Rory wasn't her grandchild by blood, but the little girl grew on her. "I brought you a present," she enthusiastically told the three-year-old. "What you get me?!" she shrieked.

"You'll have to wait and see," Toni said, taking the gift bag from her mothers hand. "Thanks mom."

She closed the door and led her to the kitchen where Darren had just got off the phone with the pizza place.

"Hello Darren," Kelsey greeted, holding out her hand. "It's nice seeing you again Kelsey," he smiled, taking her hand in greeting.

"How are things going for you?" she asked.

"Um...they're going alright." He glanced at Toni who was getting the plates from the cabinet and then back at Kelsey, "They could be better."

That was earlier. When everyone was chatting and getting along. Now...Kyle was here. 

He came baring gifts and a smug smile on his stupid face.

Toni quietly welcomed him into her home and watched as he looked around, nodding in approval.

"It's nice," he said.

"Thanks."

"My parents said they were busy and they wouldn't be able to make it."

Toni discretely rolled her eyes. She knew that the parents were being bitter about their divorce. They were even more bitter in learning that Toni and Kyle never had a child in their marriage. Just products of lies and adultery.

Those were their exact words and that hurt.

Kyle trailed behind her to the kitchen where everyone else was and the room went quiet.

All eyes were on Kyle and Toni for a good half a minute. Kelsey was the first to turn away with a roll to the eyes and Darren was next with a head shake. Joseph looked down at his lap while Rory had a small smile on her face.

After that night, Rory thought her daddy didn't love her anymore. He thought that because he hurt her he didn't want her. Now that she sees him here on her birthday, it gave her hope.

"Daddy," she softly said, getting out of her seat and running to him. He kneeled down and hugged his daughter. "Happy Birthday Aurora."

"Thank you," she whispered. She pulled away and looked at him in his blue eyes that were the same as hers.

Kyle sighed as he softly grazed her brow where a deep scar was kept. He knew it was from him and he regretted it more than anything but he couldn't get over his pride enough to say sorry.

"I got you a gift," he said instead. 

She brightly smiled and reached around him for it. He raised an eyebrow and held it up higher. "I believe you wait until after the cake." He held out the wrapped box and Toni grabbed it and set it on the dining room table. 

Kyle stood and greeted Kelsey with a nod. He saw Joseph and even though he blacked out that night, he still remembered what the argument was about.

"Hey Joseph."

The little boy just kept his gaze down. Toni walked towards him, bent at the waist, kissed his head and whispered, "Say hi."

"Hi," he mumbled, still not looking up at him. 

He decided to let it go.

Kyle saw Darren. Darren saw Kyle but there were no words exchanged between the two of them.

Kyle got into a conversation with Rory about her lessons and even promised that he'd be at her first showcase.

Toni made it her duty to set out the plates and napkins, but she couldn't quite reach the cups. She stood on her tiptoes and her fingers barely scraped them. The next thing she knew she had a firm body press against the back of hers and trap her between two hard places. She lightly gasped and gulped back an even louder one when the warmth stepped back.

She turned around to see Darren holding five stacked cups and a cocky smirk of his face. She looked up at him with a sultry look in her eyes and took them from him.

"Thank you," she murmured and went to the table, setting them next to their plates.

"Mommy, where's my princess cup?"

"You tossed it at the wall the other day, remember?"

Rory started pouting and answered, "Yes."

Darren sighed and grabbed her other one that had Tiana on it. He set it in front of her. She smiled excitedly at him and said, "Thank you, Darren."

"Where'd you find that?" Toni asked. He shrugged, "Under the bed in the guest room."

"We ordered pizza, right?" Kelsey asked. "Yeah," Toni confirmed. "That blows. I can't have pizza."

"Why not?"

"I'm on some diet that is very mean to cheese. I mean...I love cheese," Kelsey deadpanned.

Darren couldn't help the chuckle that left his lips. 

"I can make you something," he offered.

"You're sweet but no thanks. I can skip until I get home."

The next minute the doorbell went off and Kelsey went to get it.

"Darren can I talk to you a second?"

He nodded at Toni's suggestion and followed her into the living room.

She breathed out and said, "I'm sorry if this is uncomfortable for you."

"For me? What about you? You've been quiet since he got here."

"I know. I haven't seen him in a while and I wanted to keep it that way but then I'm reminded that Rory's his daugher and her mother is an irresponsible bitch that can't even-"

"Hey, hey," he soothed, rubbing at her arms as she started to get worked up.

"You know she was on drugs when she was pregnant with that little girl? I can't even...I hate her so much. She's so lucky Rory turned out fine."

Darren wrapped his arms around her and kissed her head.

"You're a good mother Toni."

"I try," she breathily laughed.

"And if Kyle makes you feel weird then you can stay right next to me. Don't worry about me. I'm here under Rory's orders," he chuckled.

"I still can't believe the gift you got her," she mumbled against his chest.

"She wanted one," he argued. 

"And if she asked for a pony would you buy her one?"

"A pony and a puppy are two entirely different things."

"Whatever," she laughed, pulling away and lightly slapping his chest. She looked up at him a with the wide doe eyes that Darren was entranced with. "Thank you."

He gave her a small smile.

She stood on her toes and kissed his jaw before turning away and heading towards the dining room.

***

Opening the paper gently and saving the wrapper wasn't the first thing on her mind when Rory got the big present her dad brought her.

They all sat on the living room sofas while Rory was the center of attention. Cameras were on her, waiting for that one face that showed her surprise.

She gasped and the flashes went off.

"A bike!" she grinned at Toni and then her dad. "Thank you!"

"I'll assemble it for her whenever she wants to ride it," Kyle offered, looking over at Toni. 

She nodded, "It wouldn't get done otherwise so, yeah, that would be nice," she smiled.

Rory plopped Kelsey's gift in front of her and started rummaging through the colored paper. She gave the card to Toni to read and took out the jewelry box. She opened it and smiled at what was inside. "It's pretty."

It was a delicate chain with a heart-shaped pendant with Mimi's Baby engraved onto it.

"Read the card Mommy!"

Toni lightly giggled and began to read. "To the worlds greatest greatest granddaughter and smartest blonde. Your third birthday should be filled with cake and ice cream and the same goes for you."

"I am filled!" Rory chirped. 

"Let me have the box so I can save it for later," Toni suggested. Rory gave her the jewelry box and tucked it under her thigh. "Thanks mom," Toni mouthed to Kelsey. She just shrugged with a smug smile on her face.

"Now," Toni said to Rory, "what Darren got for you is a bit much-"

"It's perfect," he interrupted.

Toni rolled her eyes and continued. "It requires a lot of responsibility and you have to prove to me that you have it."

"I'm only thwee" she pouted with her brows furrowed. Toni knew she was doing it on purpose to get out of the speech but she wasn't having it.

"I'll help, of course, but if you lack what I expect than it goes back."

Rory frantically nodded.

Darren got up and went into the master bedroom's bathroom to grab the little puppy out of it's kennel. It was no bigger than his hand and he knew Rory would love it. He came back out with the little guy in his hand.

Rory screamed and ran to Darren, grabbing the little dog out of his hand. 

"She's perfect! What's her name?"

"It's a boy," Darren chuckled.

"Oh...well, he'll be like my little girl."

"What will you name him?" Kelsey asked.

"Joseph," she teased, sticking her tongue out at him.

"No way!" he argued back.

"I kidding! Uh...Goggles!"

Everyone had a little laugh fest.

"What? It looks like he has goggles," Rory said.

"That's a perfect name, Ror. Now come with me so I can show you his kennel," Darren said.

"Okay! B-but can he sleep with me tonight? Please! He'll wear a diaper!"

***

 Now that everyone was settled in the house, Toni could finally relax.  

Joseph was getting better with basketball and Rory was starting jazz dancing along with her ballet. She wasn't super good --the kid was three-- but she believed she was the best and Toni was proud of her.

The only thing that jumbled Toni's mind was Darren. Just a few days ago--right when he was about to leave for his flight back to LA-- he had told Toni something.

"Lola...she's just a friend. I talked to her about you and, though she was disappointed, she understood. I was serious about being with you and the kids."

At that moment she couldn't even speak. She just didn't know what to say. All she knew was that Darren just took a big leap into a shallow pond.

He always wore his heart on his sleeve. Around her, at least.

Now that she was home alone she couldn't help but think about those words. She wondered if she should call him just to see if he was okay but she couldn't build up the courage to grab her phone.

Her feelings for him were all over the place.

She owed him everything for giving her this house and paying for her expenses when she told him she didn't want it. He helped her through a rough patch and she couldn't thank him enough.

She's always loved him but his recent white-knight act has had her heart doing some strange things.

Darren couldn't help his needs and he was a single man...Toni understood that. But when it came to her body and the stability of her children's lives she needed to draw a line.

She wanted to be with Darren, she really did, but it wouldn't be possible if he wasn't willing to commit.

He promised her proof and she was completely up for seeing it.

Then the phone rang, throwing her out of her thoughts. She picked it up and smiled at the caller.

Speak of the devil...angel?...man after my heart?...

"Darren?"

"Hey Toni, you sound surprised."

"I am...I mean, I wasn't thinking about you or anything," she half joked, knowing damn well she was doing just that.

"Sure you weren't," he sarcastically replied.

"Whatever," she laughed, "why'd you call?"

"Well...since you completely forgot about me and didn't check on me after my flight, I decided to call you and tell you that I'm just fine."

"You got there three days ago," Toni stated, "and I didn't forget about you, angel face. I was actually just going to call you."

"Angel face? What, are we flirting now? We're getting somewhere."

Toni's face turned a pretty shade of pink. She didn't even realize she said that.

"That slipped," she rushed out.

"Oh no it didn't. You meant it. It's alright, darlin'."

Toni couldn't help the giggle that bubbled out of her. "Don't act all southern now."

"I am from the south."

"But you don't represent."

"Oh, shut it. You don't either."

"Maryland isn't in the south," she said matter of factly.

"Okay...either you're dumb or completely shitting me because it is, in fact, a southern state."

"Whatever."

"Oh don't get mad, cariña, you just learned something today. That word is okay, right?" he joked. "I have others. How about Querida or Belleza or Mi Amor-"

"Darren!" Toni laughed, "I get it Mr.Spanish, geesh."

"You're just jealous."

"Am not."

"Either that or turned on."

Her mouth dropped open at his blunt statement.

"The silence speaks volumes Toni," he chuckled. "I once had this girlfriend, horny little thing, and she just loved when I spoke Spanish to her, especially during sex. Without a doubt, it made her co-"

"Okay!" Toni was starting to feel a bit flustered. She remembered...very vividly actually.

"I'm just messing with you. So what do you have going on the next couple weeks?"

"Why? Are you gonna stop by for another visit anytime soon?"

"I don't know. It is summer and I don't have much going on with basketball. I might head up there."

"You sure do spend a lot of money going back and forth."

"Yeah, but it's worth it," he smiled. Toni could practically hear it through the phone.

"You know, I took your advice and enrolled into a Lit class online."

"Wow...that's great!"

"Yeah. I know I don't need a degree to become a writer, but I want a little experience before I dive into that."

"So that's what you want to do? You want to be a writer?"

Toni timidly shrugged, forgetting that he couldn't see her. "I do. I mean, I've always been interested in novels and I'd like to write my own. Maybe something a bit more personal."

"Well I support you 100% and I'll buy all of your books if no one else does" he said with a slight chuckle to his words.

Those words meant everything to her.

"Thank you."

"You're so very welcome. I'm gonna go now. I have to head to the gym."

"You don't have to."

"But indeed I do. I don't wanna be all flabby the next time you see me."

"I kind of liked it when we were in college," she shyly admitted, messing with the hem of her shorts.

"I was not flabby back then!"

"You were," she laughed. "It was just a little bit. It was cute."

"That's not cute. It's just awkward baby fat."

"I thought it was adorable. You had little love handles and some squish to your-"

"Toni! You're basically calling me fat here."

"No, I'm pointing out that you are now not the same shape you were five years ago. You are, in fact, much more toned. Is that what you wanna hear?"

"Perfect," he laughed, "but seriously a few teammates of mine are meeting me there so I have to go."

"It's not like I'm telepathically holding you hostage. You can go."

"Later Toni."

"Bye."

***

"Did you see that!" Joseph shrieked, pointing at the screen when the ref called a foul. Toni nodded, acting as if she was actually understanding. Apparently Jeremy's foot was on the line when in Joseph's reality he wasn't.

The next thing she saw not only confused me but infuriated me, she could even say it made her laugh.

Rory jumped in front of me with her shirt cut up and some shorts that Toni was sure she threw out because they were too small.

"Look, I cheer!"

"Aurora Chanel Anderson!"

Rory flinched away, not expecting the reaction from Toni.

"Who gave you scissors?"

"JoJo," she whispered.

"Looney!" Joseph yelled, upset that his sister just ratted him out.

Toni grabbed the remote and shut off the TV. She wasn't in the mood for this. She was already painfully cramping.

"Both of you, to your room."

Joseph pouted all the way back while Rory hesitated a bit, whispering 'Sorry' and then leaving.

Toni sighed and followed after them. She walked into their shared room and picked up the fabric pieces and the scissors.

"Joseph, you know better than to go into the knives drawer. Rory...I don't even know what to say."

"I sorry."

"Just don't cut up things without my permission."

"Are we on time out?" Joseph asked.

"Yeah."

"But Darren will be here!"

"Lower your voice," Toni warned. "And I'll let you out once he gets here but until then you're stuck in here."

"Yes ma'am," they both said.

Toni hated this but they had to learn. She turned away and shut their door behind her.

Darren showed up less than half an hour later. 

 She was always happy to see him and recently grew a little warm inside. This time around was a bit more affectionate. Darren took her brief hug another way and deeply wrapped her in his arms, kissing her temple. That made Toni sigh into his chest, and she really hoped he didn't hear it. 

Now that he was putting his things into the extra room they kept giving each other side glances. 

"Where's Rory and Joseph?"

"In their room."

"It's only eight o'clock..."

"They're on time out. I swear I can't handle more kids," Toni huffed out, running her fingers through her hair.

"That bad?"

"Not this time but it's been building up over the past couple months."

"It's the week before Christmas day. They're riled up."

"I hate Christmas."

"Awe, is the grinch in a foul mood?" Darren pouted, widening his eyes and using a baby voice.

"Shut up." Toni left out of the room and went across the hall to the kids' room. She opened the door and smiled, "You're lucky Darren got here early."

"Yay!" they cheered running past Toni and right into Darren.

"Hey guys."

"Hi Darren," they both said.

"Rory, what are you wearing?"

"It's my cheer suit," she chirped.

"It's called a cheer uniform," Toni laughed.

"Oh yes, because you know all about those," Darren teased.

"No one asked for your commentary," Toni bit back, sticking her tongue out at him. "Where's Goggles?"

"In his kennel," Rory answered. "He kept peeing on me."

Toni groaned and turned to Darren. "See what I mean?"

Toni made a late snack while Darren and Joseph watched the rest of the game. At some point she heard Darren say, "I still can't believe you like Jeremy."

 Rory helped a bit, which meant she was in the way most of the time but Toni didn't say anything about it.

"I um...I got something to tell you guys," Darren spoke. Rory plopped onto the couch beside him and Joseph sleepily crawled onto Toni's lap.

"So, I won't be here for Christmas and I decided to give you your presents early."

 It was a surprise to Toni too and it made her suspicious about what Darren had up his sleeve. "It better not mess up your chances, buddy," she said, narrowing her eyes on him.

The light twinkle in his eyes made her mouth twitch. "No, I think it'll boost them," he winked. "Anyways, I thought I'd combine the Christmas gift and Joseph's birthday."

"Get on with it," Rory said, pushing at his leg. 

He smiled at her and then said, "How would you guys like to go to LA?"

"Really?!"Toni chirped, not meaning to sound so childish. "I-I mean, yeah, that sounds cool."

Darren just laughed at her and shook his head. "Yeah and I got you guys seats at one of my games."

"Seriously?" Joseph nearly whispered.

"Yeah and guess who we're playing?"

"Tell me!"

"The Hornets," he smiled.

Toni smiled and looked down at her son. "You hear that JoJo?" she whispered.

He practically pounced off of his moms lap and ran to Darren, wrapping his little arms around him. "Thank you!"

Darren loved these moments. Where he could hug his son and imagine--just for one second--that this was his family. He wanted this more than anything. He wanted the family that his friends had and he wanted to be happy making them happy.

He had a chance with Toni, months ago he did, but he blew it. He would do anything to prove to her that he only wants her, that he wants to be there for her.

It's been a while since he loved and been loved and that was all from Toni when they were still young and naive, not wanting to face the real world. They had their own bubble and they loved it. 

Now that the bubble has long ago burst, it's up to them to build it again. That's what he wanted.

"You're welcome," he whispered into his little shoulder, rubbing over his back. Rory wanted to join in and hugged Darren's side. It made him lightly laugh, putting an arm around her and hugging her close.

"Come, mommy!" she chirped.

Darren raised an eyebrow at her, "Yeah, Toni, group hug."

She playfully rolled her eyes and went over to them, bending at the waist to join the embrace. "Thank you," she whispered into Darren's ear, then kissing his cheek. 

"I want a kiss too!" Rory pouted. Toni smiled and leaned in to peck her pouty lips.

"Your boob's in my face," Darren mumbled. Toni quickly pulled out of the hug, "Sorry."

"I didn't say to move it," he smirked. Toni huffed and lightly smacked him upside the head. "You play too much."

***

"We have to give Goggles a bath tomorrow."

With closed eyes and her head tilted back Rory whispered, "Okay."

Toni took the cup of water and poured it on Rory's head, watching as it ran down her hair and back.

"Mommy?"

"Yes, honey."

"Is my real mommy gonna come to my dance 'formance."

Toni sighed and rubbed the water out of her daughters squinched eyes. "Do you want her to come?"

"Yeah. Daddy is coming and she should come too."

"I'll see what I can do." She drained the bath water and got Rory out of the tub. She was grabbing her a towel when the little girl decided to dash out dripping water and stark naked.

"Aurora!"

Toni went after her with the princess towel, hoping to catch her and take her to her room. Rory laughed, thinking it was a game as she ran into the living room. 

"Looney, where are your clothes?" Joseph practically shrieked.

Darren caught the little girl around the waist and held her still as she squirmed. Toni got there and took her, wrapping the fluffy towel around her.

"You're a silly little girl."

"I don't like clothes," she whined.

"Everyone has to wear them, honey."

In the kid's room Toni was getting the rowdy girl dressed when she asked. "Can I have a sister?"

Completely floored, Toni gulped and said, "Why?"

"Brothers are mean."

"You guys both tease each other."

"Sisters don't tease each other," she proudly said and even though Toni knew that was bologna she let Rory believe it.

"Well...I don't know if that will happen, sweetie," she gently told her.

"You and daddy can make one," she nearly cried.

"Your dad and I aren't together to make babies anymore."

"You and Darren and can make one."

"Baby, I don't think it's gonna happen."

"Fine," she huffed, going under her covers and covering her face. Toni leaned down and whispered, "I love you."

No reply.

She left it alone and turned to leave the room but stopped when she saw Darren leaning against the doorjamb with raised eyebrows.

She wasn't in the mood. She passed him and went into the bathroom to take a few pain killers for her cramps. She heated up some water in the kitchen and poured it into a bottle.

"Time for bed, Joseph," she said as she passed him in the living room.

She got into bed herself and that's when the cramps started again. 

Damn these pills don't work fast enough. 

She moaned in pain as she crumpled into a ball under the covers. Her door opened and she looked up to see Darren walk in.

"I really just want to be alone."

He kneeled down on the side of the bed, his face just a foot from hers. "I can get you some ice cream."

"No," she groaned.

"A warm towel?"

"Darren, leave."

"You sure are a grumpy bleeder," he chuckled.

"Ugh you're so embarrassing."

 "It's only the two of us here."

She breathed deeply as another cramp passed. "You know, my mom told me that childbirth is ten times worse than cramps. I never believed her but...damn, that shit hurts," she breathily laughed. "Having an eight pound kid rip out of your vaj actually feels like death."

"Oh, gross," he winced.

"Yeah."

"Are you sure you don't want me to do anything?"

"Can you rub my back?"

"I knew you wanted something," he laughed, kicking off his shoes and going around to spoon her. 

Toni rolled onto her stomach with the warm bottle resting under her as Darren was beside her, rubbing her lower back. She moaned and buried her face into he pillow.

"It was really nice of you to get those tickets."

"It's just a Christmas gift."

"A very generous one. Thank you." Toni was tired and fell asleep with the weight of the day on top of her.

Darren kissed her shoulder and whispered, "I'd do anything for you."

Five years old... 

"Do you think I can meet him?" Joseph excitedly laughed, asking his hundredth question as they got out of the car. 

"I'm sure you will," Darren chuckled.

"Your house is huge," Rory awed, craning her neck to look up at it. Darren picked her up and said, "It's big so when special people like you come over."

"Why were the people following us?" Joseph asked. 

"That's their job," Darren explained, "They take pictures and videos and sell them to make money."

"I want that job!" Rory chirped. 

"They're not looked at as good people, Rory," Toni said.

Darren unlocked his front door and Toni was a bit shocked to see it cleaned.

"It's so...clean," she awed.

"I'm a clean person."

"Now that's a lie because you really know how to leave a mess in that guess room."

Darren just shrugged, not wanting to admit that he dirties it up just to spend time with her cleaning it.

"You guys want ice cream?" He offered. 

"It's mid-January, Darren" Toni said.

 "Either your just cold to the bone or you didn't feel how nice it is outside...it's not cold. We're on the west coast now Ms. Allen, get used to it."

Toni rolled her eyes and agreed to the ice cream. "Luna, Leo and Jeremy are on their way," he whispered into her ear. Toni smiled and nodded in understanding. "Can't wait."

Luna was fussing at Jeremy for slapping her backside on their way into the door. Leo was on his dad's hip. "You said there's kids here?" he asked. "Yeah, two of them. A boy your age and a younger girl."

Leo was excited. He had friends at preschool but they never came over to his house or went to the park with him.  He wondered if these kids were nice enough to do that with him.

Darren answered the door and greeted Jeremy and Luna. Leo stretched his arms towards Darren, wanting to be held. Darren took him and ruffled his soft curls, "What's up little dude?"

"Where are the kids?"

"Well okay then," Darren laughed.

Toni was brushing through Rory's hair when a pair of hands covered her eyes. "Guess who?" they sang in her ear.

"Luna!" 

Toni shot off of the sofa and spun around to embrace her friend. "It's been too long, T."

"I know. I've missed you."

Luna kissed her friend's cheek and pulled away. "Hi Aurora," she cheerily greeted the little girl.

"You know my name?"

"I've known about you for a while, chica. Come here and give me a hug."

Rory smiled and climbed over the couch, giving the nice lady a hug. "I'm your Tia Luna."

"Okay, Tia Luna," she said, making Toni laugh because she pronounced it 'thiuh'.

"Hey Toni," Jeremy said, pulling her into a hug.

 "Jeremy! How have you been?"

 "I've been good," he chuckled, squeezing her tight.

 "Can't...Breathe." 

He let her go and ruffled her hair. "You cut your hair."

 "Yep, you like it?"

 "You look older."

 "Thanks, jerk," she said, punching him in the arm.

"Where's Joseph?" 

"Um...I think he's in the bathroom. I'll get him." While Toni left to get Joseph, Luna introduced Jeremy to Rory as 'Your butt face Uncle Jeremy'.

"There's someone special here for you, JoJo," Toni said, knocking on the bathroom door. "Wait, mommy." She heard the toilet flush and the sink water running before the door opened. Toni held her sons hand as she led him down the hall.

Jeremy was gonna say hi to the little guy but stopped when he froze. Joseph stared up at him and then broke out into tears. 

Darren had told Jeremy before now that Joseph was a fan but he didn't expect him to cry.

"What did I do?" he whispered to Toni. She laughed and patted him on the shoulder, "You did nothing wrong, he's just excited." She picked Joseph up and rubbed over his back. "Say hi, JoJo."

"Hi," he sobbed. Jeremy 'awed' and reached out for him. Toni handed him over and couldn't help the laugh that escaped her lips.

Darren showed up beside her and bumped her hip, "Don't be mean. You'd be worse if you met that boyband."

"One Direction isn't just a boyband. They are life, okay?"

"Whatever. Leo, say hi to this crazy lady," Darren teased, turning a bit so Leo can see Toni.

"Hi," she cooed, kissing his cheek.

 "I not a baby," he pouted. 

Toni giggled and pinched his cheek, "You sure are cute like one."

He wriggled out of Darren's arms and ran to his mom who was talking to Rory. "Mommy, the lady said I was cute," he frowned. "That's a good thing, Leo" she laughed.

Rory beamed at Leo. "A boy!" she shouted and wrapped her arms around him. Leo just stood there a bit shocked by the girl's embrace. 

"Don't be shy Tito, hug her bag," Luna said with a slight laugh to her voice.

There was a lot going on in Darren's living room at once. Jeremy calming and sniffling Joseph, Darren laughing at Leo's expression and Luna scowling at him for it. Toni couldn't help but smile at all of it, loving how this little vacation was put together. She knew that things needed to be dealt with at home--like Kyle getting arrested for another DUI, Raquel leaving rehab soon, and that weird phone call she got from her mom about the information she gave her a while back-- but she was glad to have this time.

She turned to Darren and sassily asked, "Where's that ice cream you were supposed to be getting?"

 ***

Today was Joseph's fifth birthday and Darren was really excited to be there with him. Toni saw what his smile meant and it made her know what she was missing all of those other years.

Darren really did try to make this day special and was rewarded with Joseph's gleeful smile. All day they spent time touring around LA and making sure to get treats while they did it. 

Now it was night and time for Darren's game. 

The Staples Center was slowly being filled and Darren took them to their seats, which were damn close. Like second row close. Luna and Leo were right next to them. Leo was talking animatedly to Joseph about how cool the games were while Luna was telling Toni the same thing.

Rory stared in awe at Leo. She had never seen another child besides Joseph who she said was a big meanie. Leo was a bit quiet around her but only because she talked the whole time they held a 'conversation'.

The guys were messing around a little on the court when the coach called for them to suit up for the game.

Darren came up to them and smiled. "So...is anyone gonna wish me luck?"

"I will!" Rory cheered, showing off her little lakers cheer shirt Toni got for her at a gift shop.

"Why thank you young Ror," he said in a phony posh accent. "Anyone else?"

"Oh please boy, go on with that. You know I'm cheering for my Jare-Bear." 

Leo shrugged while Joseph scratched at his head. 

"Well," Toni started, "I also wish you luck."

"Thanks, T," he chuckled. "What about a good luck kiss?" he murmured, gazing down at her as she slightly squirmed in her seat. She bit her lip and looked up at him through her lashes. 

"Maybe after the game," she nearly whispered but Darren heard her loud and clear.

They passed each other a sultry look that didn't go unnoticed by Luna.

Once Darren was gone Luna went rambling on about being careful and knowing when it was the right time.

"Luna," Toni nearly snapped, "It's not like I haven't done it before...with Darren!" 

"I'm not saying that. I just want you to be careful because we both know what happe-" she stopped once she saw Toni's death glare. "Alright girl damn."

The game got started when the whole stadium was filled and cheesy music started to play. Toni kind of felt like she was back at State. 

She had Luna by her side while she watched Darren and Jeremy do what they do best.

"T, do a cheer with me," Luna smiled. 

"I don't think I remember one."

"Oh come on. What was the cheer we did the most and made us seem so bad?"

"I got it, I got it" Toni laughed.

"So come and *pause* get some," Luna started. Then they both cheered. "You don't want red and white, you don't *pause* want none. And if you want some red and white than come and *pause* get some."

Some fans around them looked at them funny while Jeremy looked over his shoulder and started laughing while Darren was shaking his head and smiling.

The game was nearly over, and Leo was fast asleep while Rory was well on her way there. Joseph was way into who was gonna win that his tired eyes dried over.

Last minute of the game and LA was up twelve points. 

Joseph didn't know who to go for now that it was nearly over. He was set on going for Darren because he was really cool and made him laugh a lot. Then there was Jeremy who, in his eyes, was the greatest player.

"Look mom!" he shouted as the clock ticked down. Toni just smiled down at him and rubbed his arm while her arm was around his small frame.

Although LA was a good team and all...let's face it. They sucked this season.

So, Charlotte won, and Luna practically leaped on Jeremy to show him how proud she was.

Darren was alright with it. He knew there would be other games. 

And he was determined.

He practically stalked towards Toni as she stood up, focusing on swiping crumbs off her lap and straightening out her clothes. He grasped her face between his hands and smashed his lips to hers.

Toni gasped, not expecting it, then let out a long moan when she knew who it was.

She clenched her hands on his jersey to hold onto him and parted her lips. Darren left another peck to her lips before pulling away.

"But you lost," she breathily said.

"Even more reason for a kiss."

Toni's eyes flickered to his hazel ones, to his rosy lips and back again. She knew what she needed and that was to accept Darren back into her life...fully, but on her terms. She wanted the happiness she deserved after a shitty few years with Kyle. She could have it, too. She just needed to take the risk. So with hooded eyes and her fingers traveling down his stomach, her index pulling on the waist band of his shorts, she nearly moaned...

"Take me home."

A/N: Guess what...this is my last night in CA. I just had to update.

For those who care and don't already know...I'm from Cali and moved to NC when I was fourteen and now I visit here twice a year. I had a great time with my annoying yet caring mother but it's time to go!

If you guys want to read some good erotic fiction then you need to check out '30 lays in 30 days'. It's soooo good. I think the author is 'BlondeandDangerous' but I'm not 100%.

Tell me what you guys thought about the third and final chapter of the fifth year.

Oh and how would you feel if I told you...there's only a few more chapters left?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 226 16
They say two broken people can't heal each other. But who says we can't try? I promise to love you unconditionally As long as you promise to always...
3.9K 138 44
What the fuck do you want?"I asked. "Get dressed we're going out"he says. "Hell nah, I ain't going no where"I say going back to my room. All I want t...
5.7K 163 22
"Deja, I see you!" Logan yelled, shutting me up. "I've always seen you. I don't give a shit about your past or your job. I never did! Could you stop...
Fascinate By Anon

Teen Fiction

254K 9.6K 27
Fascinate /ˈfasəˌnāt/ (v. ) draw irresistibly the attention and interest of (someone) That's when I saw him. The second we made eye contact. And I...