Afraid // Calum Hood

بواسطة sugarplumluke

"Calum, why is everyone in this town so afraid of you?" [this isn't scary i promise] المزيد

Prologue
Chapter 1 // Moving In
Chapter 2 // Warning
Chapter 3 // Paint
Chapter 4 // Surprise
Chapter 5 // Groceries
Chapter 6 // Bouquets
Chapter 7 // Sleepover
Chapter 8 // Compromise
Chapter 9 // Cuddles
Chapter 10 // Never Have I Ever
Chapter 11 // Party
Chapter 12 // First
Chapter 13 // Status
Chapter 14 // History
Chapter 15 // Pier
Chapter 16 // Dip
Chapter 17 // Oreos
Chapter 18 // Clink
Chapter 19 // Date
Chapter 20 // Town
Chapter 21 // Crush
Chapter 22 // Truth
Chapter 23 // Exhale
Chapter 24 // Marinara
Chapter 25 // Lunch
Chapter 26 // Sydney
Chapter 27 // Perfect
Chapter 28 // Eric
Chapter 29 // Court
Chapter 30 // Phone Calls
Chapter 31 // Buts
Chapter 32 // Explanations
Chapter 33 // Hot
Chapter 34 // Break
Chapter 35 // Heartbreak
Chapter 36 // Diving
Chapter 37 // Packing
Chapter 38 // Airports (And Dolla Bill$)
Chapter 39 // Calum
Chapter 40 // Reunited & It Feels So Good
Chapter 41 // Bliss
Chapter 42 // Carnival
Chapter 43 // Real Estate
Chapter 44 // Ours
Chapter 45 // Drunk
Chapter 46 // Aftermath
Chapter 47 // Going Out
Chapter 49 // Awake
Epilogue

Chapter 48 // Hospital

121K 5.2K 3.9K
بواسطة sugarplumluke

Adelaide's Point of View

"Calum," I choked out, feeling my lungs start to have difficulty breathing as I became more frightened than before. I shook him slightly, but his eyes just stayed closed as his head barely rattled. "Calum, no! Calum, wake up right now! Calum!"

He didn't even budge.

An eruption of sobs left my mouth as I unbuckled my seat belt, ignoring all of the physical pain I was in because it was nothing compared to the emotional pain I felt at this moment. I climbed over to him, cupping my hands around his smooth face. "Calum, please."

His forehead had a large cut running across it horizontally, and I quickly pressed a spare napkin to it to try and dab the blood away. My other hand moved to his wrist to try and feel for a pulse, but I was too shaky and scared to even hold still for a few seconds. I also didn't want to know the answer.

I fumbled for my phone, my fingers stuttering as they dialed 911 for emergency help. A lady answered immediately in a firm tone. "Hello, what's your emergency?"

"Oh my God I just got into a car accident and my boyfriend is bleeding and he's not moving and I'm so scared I don't know what to do please help me," I wailed into the receiver, rambling all of this to her in one breath. I couldn't stop crying but I peered through my clouded vision to scope out my surroundings. Traffic had stopped around us and the other car was still next to us. "I'm at the corner of Main Street. Please send an ambulance."

"One is on the way right now, please stay calm ma'am," She assured. But how on Earth could I stay calm when Calum wasn't waking up. "Are you alright?"

"I'm alright," I informed her, but I wasn't. I was incredibly sore and distraught but none of that matters. All I care about is my baby waking up.

The operator lady promised me that the ambulance would be here soon and then I hung up, returning my attention back to Calum. I kissed his lips, hoping that maybe the crap you hear about in Disney movies about true love's kiss would make his brown eyes open. But they didn't. "Baby, please don't leave me," I cried out, clinging onto his body. "I love you so much. I'm so sorry. I'm so stupid. I can't believe this happened."

I was such an idiot and I loathed myself for it. I shouldn't have been so excited to see Matty. I know I get excited easily but I took him on a date to get him away from the drama about Luke, yet here I was making him feel unworthy again. I'm such a screw up, and I'm so stubborn, and I should have just apologized immediately instead of fighting with him, especially while we were in the car. I'm the worst driver in the entire world, and this entire accident is my fault.

There wasn't anyone else to blame but myself. There was no Eric in this situation. It was just me. I was going to turn into Calum if he doesn't wake up. He is going to be my Ellie. I'm going to have grieve over him everyday and everyone is going to hate me for it and be afraid of me.

I couldn't handle the anxiety and sadness that had washed over me just from viewing him completely immobile. My mind was constantly racing and I needed some kind of comfort, but the only person who can ever thoroughly comfort me is Calum.

"Baby," I whispered against his skin. "Please be okay."

I decided to call Ashton as I continued to wait for this freaking ambulance. He answered right away, thankfully. "Hey Addy!" He chirped, probably thinking that everything was swell when in fact my world was crumbling down each second.

"Ash," I muttered through my sobs, since my tears still have yet to stop rolling down my face. "Ashton, I got in a car accident and Calum's not waking up and it's all my fault and I'm so sorry-"

"Addy, where are you?" Ashton interrupted, in a worrisome tone.

"I'm on Main Street but an ambulance is coming just meet me at the hospital please I'm so scared," I mumbled, jumbling my words together.

A piercing noise of sirens echoed from outside the car and I hung up on Ashton, watching as paramedics sprinted out of the ambulance with a stretcher ready. I backed up away from Calum, pressing my butt against the dashboard, as they pried open the completely dented car door with some tools. I placed my hands over my mouth as the two men carefully moved him onto the stretcher and wheeled him into the back of the emergency vehicle. I leaped out of my crashed car as well, trying not to step on any of the broken glass that was scattered all over the place as I sat down inside the ambulance.

The doctors instantly started doing various tests, one of them swiftly cleaning up his wound and stitching it up, and the other hooking an IV system to his body. They pulled out the defibrillator and placed the iron-like product onto his chest, shocking him with it a few times to raise his heartbeat. I frantically wiped my eyes from all the tears that had been streaming down my face so I could focus on this.

My hand instinctively gripped Calum's, intertwining our fingers together. I wasn't sure if he could feel it, but I needed to be touching him to send some sort of positive energy towards him. After the final "clear" the paramedic sent me a small smile. "He's breathing. It's still a very slow rate, but he's definitely breathing."

I let a large grin spread across my face as I cheered happily. He was breathing. Those three words made my tense body relax a bit. They hooked up an oxygen tank through his nose, and soon enough we were at the hospital, getting rapidly escorted into a private room where a team of doctors huddled around us.

I noticed a familiar fluff of blonde hair sticking out over the herd of people sitting in the waiting room. "Luke!" I screamed, not caring in the slightest about all of the glares I was receiving. Luke and Ashton stood up, and I used my pointer finger to indicate Calum was being wheeled off down the hallway and they jogged over to me. The three of us followed closely behind him and the doctors that were discussing plans.

When we finally reached an examination room, the assistant nurse sent us an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry, you guys aren't allowed in here. Once the operations and exams are over you can stay in here, but for now we need to focus and can't have any visitors causing interruptions."

"Oh, okay," Ashton replied, standing on his tippy-toes to try and peek inside the room to get a glimpse of Calum before the door was completely shut.

I immediately collapsed into Luke's arms, who was the closest boy next to me, and let my tears stain his shirt. "This is all my fault," I muttered into his chest.

Ashton placed his large hand on my shoulder and pulled me away from Luke, urging me to sit down outside of the room Calum was in. I slid down onto the glossy linoleum floor, curling my knees up to my chest and hugging them against my body tightly. Ashton swung his arm over me as he sat cross-legged as well. "Addy, just, can you tell us what happened?"

"We went out to the diner and our waiter was my ex-boyfriendfrom years ago who was also my childhood friend and I was excited to see him again and I hugged him and was asking how he's been and Calum got upset with me and stormed out of the place. Then we were arguing in the car because I'm so stupid for not apologizing right away and I was distracted and got hit in the intersection," I explained, trying my best to suck in my sobs. "I looked over and he was unconscious and was bleeding like crazy. Then I called 911. I never even got out to look at the other driver. That guy could be dead and I didn't even check, oh my God. I'm so selfish. All of this is my fault. I'm a terrible person and girlfriend."

"No you're not, Addy. Shh, it's going to be okay. He's going to be okay," Luke assured me, placing his hand on top of mine. But he seemed unsure about whether or not that was true.

"No, it's not going to be okay. Even if he wakes up he's not going to be fine. He's going to have serious injuries and they are all my fault. Do you realize how awful that is? He's going to hate me and I don't blame him. His family is going to hate me too, so are you guys, so is everyone. They said he's breathing but I'm just so afraid that he's going to die," I said. "I'm so afraid."

Ashton pressed a kiss onto the top of my head. "Addy, don't think about him dying, okay? We need to think positively while we wait for the results. You are just going to make yourself more upset and have a post traumatic stress breakdown. Luke and I will never hate you, alright?"

"You should. God-dammit you should despise me," I mumbled, placing my palms over my eyes. "I'm never going to forgive myself. That's my baby. That's your best friend. That's Joy's son. His life is going to be ruined again. I am Eric, oh my God, I am Eric."

Luke opened his mouth to yell at me, but we were interrupted by the doors to his room opening. A woman in a white lab coat grinned at us. "So, Calum is very much alive," She informed us, making a sigh of relief escape our mouths. "He just passed out for awhile and has a minor concussion. The cut I'm assuming was just from the glass, but it's nothing too deep. He also broke a rib and may have some bruising around that area, but all of this is very easy to recover from."

"When will he wake up?" I asked, a hint of impatience in my voice.

"We can't pinpoint an exact time, but probably in a few hours. His body needs to return to normal first and then he will slowly gain complete consciousness. We will keep checking up on him but he is hooked up to all of the required tools right now and should be fine. I'll prescribe some medicine after he wakes up as well," The doctor declared, making the worry melt away. She glanced at me with concern. "You're the driver, right? We'll need to do some x-rays on you as well."

"Okay. But can I see him first? Please," I bargained, standing up onto my feet again.

The woman laughed lightly. "Of course. We will deal with your appointment and all of the paperwork and expenses later. You can head on inside and remember how lucky you are. The damage could have been much, much, much worse due to the impact."

I gulped, feeling the guilt creep back in as I was reminded that I'm the one who put him in this position. Ashton pushed open the door and Calum came into view. He was laying there peacefully, a tube underneath his nose and an IV attached to his arm. His eyelids were covering his brown irises and his pouty lips were still parted open with a cheap, hypoallergenic mattress supporting his frame. Calum still looked gorgeous, even with a neck brace stabilizing his head and a bandage blocking his enormous wound.

My heart was breaking just at the sight of him seeming so pale and lifeless. I was so in love with him that I could truly feel all of his pain. But I was so happy that he is alive and well, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I was the reason he died.

I hesistantly perched on the side of his hopsital bed. I lifted up his hand and intertwined our fingers together, giving it a loving squeeze. "You've got this, Sex-God," I whispered, low enough so that it was almost inaudible to myself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: HES ALIVE BITCHES

ok so i really thought about making calum die just so it would be like history repeating itself but i couldnt write it without crying and im pretty sure an angry mob of people would come after me if i did so yes he is alive

pretty sure the next chapter is the last chapter and then i will do an extremely long epilogue which makes me super sad to think about this ending but i have two new calum fanfics that will start after this ends (the prologues are already up on my profile so check them out ayy)

thank you guys for all the love and support you are all so emotionally invested in this story and it is the cutest thing in the world i love you all so mch

also two of my best friends are now writing fanfics so if you guys want to check them out that would be rad! they are called Xx, Ashton by theharrybooty and Undone by starbucksluke :)

dedicated to Ejklol for making the connection to Ellie like right away!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

goner//c.h. بواسطة :-)

قصص الهواة

3.2K 105 16
"Being invisible isn't as bad as it seems." He explained. "Well, your in for one hell of a ride." A story about a punk rocker girl is stuck to go...
3.7K 192 19
The one where Michael never wanted Calum to find out his deepest darkest secrets. Or Michael doesn't think he's good enough for Calum so he represses...
147K 1.9K 37
I never would've thought I would run into him 4 years later... #1 Calum Fanfic (May 2021) Beside You | Calum Hood | COMPLETED (EDITING) - Original Ve...
10.8K 543 15
Eight teenagers Foolish and fearsome One forbidden room One sleepless night One by one they all die *short story* DISCLAIMER: I wrote this a long ti...