Loathe Goodbyes (Book 10: TVD...

By TVDlover97

Kaylin Salvatore Rae Salvatore More

Where You Left Your Heart
One Wrong Turn On Bourbon
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
Don't It Just Break Your Heart
What, Will, I, Have, Left
God's Gonna Trouble the Water
The Kindness of Strangers
We Have Not Long to Love
There in the Disappearing Light
The Tale of Two Girls
When the Saints Go Marching In

Till the Day I Die

334 14 0
By TVDlover97

In the cemetery, Hope was leaving flowers for the man that she had killed and triggered her werewolf curse. Rae was with her. Klaus and I walked closer.

"You didn't have to come," Rae told us.

"We wanted to make sure you were all right," I told them.

"I don't know why we leave flowers," Hope admitted. "Doesn't do them any good. It's not much of an apology for killing someone."

"Unintentionally," Klaus corrected. "You rid the city of those vermin. You and Rae both did. You have nothing to apologize for."

Rae sighed. "Don't make it sound so noble. Yeah, yeah, we killed a few bad guys, but it was as much to get the magic out of us as anything else. Besides, it's not like it lasted more than a few hours."

"Well, at least he gets his revenge next week when the full moon comes," Hope told us.

Klaus walked closer. "Hope, however much you dread your first transformation, once you go through it, you're gonna feel better."

"I don't know if I dread it, or if I wish that I could just turn and never turn back," Hope admitted. "Mom said that, after the pain, it's one of the best feelings in the world. Just can't believe I have to do this without her."

"I know no one can replace your mom," I told her. "But I do want to help."

Hope nodded. "I know, Kaylin. And I know Rae wants to help to. But I need to be alone."

Rae sighed. "As you wish."

**********

In the compound, Klaus and I were going to see Kol and Davina, when Kol opened the door to their room.

"Hello, brother," Klaus told him.

"Well, that's a suspiciously warm greeting," Kol told him.

Klaus smirked. "Paranoid, as usual, I see. But don't worry, it's not you we're looking for."

Davina walked into view. "Well then, it must be important if you're asking me for a favor. I'm in mourning, if you even care."

"I'm sorry about Josh," I told her sincerely. "But this is about Rae and Hope. The dark magic within them has had some peculiar side effects. They've got these dark lines, like poisoned veins running up their arms. Today, I noticed new lines on the back of their necks. We just need to know what it means."

**********

Since my sister-in-law Freya was going to get married to Keelin today, Rebekah and I were helping Freya pick out wedding dresses from Rebekah's collection.

"I look like a disco ball," Freya told us.

"There are plenty more to choose from," Rebekah told her.

Freya was disappointed that Elijah had said no to walking her down the aisle. "Never thought I'd be walking myself down the aisle."

"I'm sure Elijah will come around," I told her.

"I don't know," Freya admitted. "I mean, the Elijah I know would put anything aside for family, but he's different now. He's carrying around all this guilt, like he should be punished for the rest of eternity for the part he played in Hayley's death, but he didn't even know who she was when he did it. Kind of pisses me off."

"Yes, well, it wouldn't be a Mikaelson family gathering without one of us being mad at another one," Rebekah pointed out.

I chuckled. "Just wait till you have kids."

"If we have kids," Freya corrected.

"If?" I repeated. "Keelin doesn't talk like it's an if."

Freya looked at us nervously. "We haven't exactly had the conversation."

I nodded. "Oh. Well, don't you think you should do that before you walk down the aisle?"

**********

Later, we found Freya crying, concerned. "Freya?"

"Kaylin, you were right about talking to Keelin," Freya told me. "But now I guess the wedding's off."

"What happened?" Rebekah asked.

"I should have said something before now, but look at our family," Freya told us. "How do you tell someone you can't have a child because you're afraid you're gonna hurt it? That you'll find some way to put your needs before theirs because that's what your parents did to you? That you're toxic and broken and a Mikaelson, and that's just what we do."

"Listen to me," I told her. "I had the same fear when Cade first brought back Rae, because that's all my family did to me, too. We may be damaged, but we are not doomed to repeat our parents' mistakes. After everything that we have been through, none of us would see a child of ours suffer just to ease our own pain."

"Besides, Freya, you always put your family in front of yourself," Rebekah added. "If Nik and Kaylin could break their family patterns with Hope and Rae, you can break the pattern with your own child."

"Do you really believe that?" Freya asked.

"Yeah, I do," Rebekah answered. "And so does Keelin."

"Which is why you should be talking to her right now," I told her.

Freya managed a small smile. "Thank you."

Freya walked off to go talk to Keelin.

Rebekah smiled slightly. "You know, Kaylin..." I looked at her. "We've been best friends, we've been foes, we've been what the kids call frenemies..." We smiled, chuckling. "And now we're sisters. It feels like that's where it's always been leading."

I smiled, nodding. "Yeah. Yeah, it does."

**********

Davina had done a spell to try to find a cure for Hope and Rae, finding something out a lot worse than we thought before, so I went to the venue for the wedding where Klaus was talking to a woman.

"This was scheduled a year ago," the woman told him. "We're not changing it for you."

"Well, you see, my older sister really likes this venue," Klaus told her, compelling her. "And she will be getting married here today. Unless, of course, you want this wedding to turn into a funeral." I walked toward him worriedly. Klaus was concerned by the worry he saw, walking closer. "Kaylin?"

"I spoke to Kol," I told him. "Davina says that the dark magic is destroying Rae and Hope from the inside out. It's only a matter of time before it kills them."

"So how do we stop it?" Klaus asked.

I shook my head, desperate fighting off tears. "They say there's nothing we can do."

Klaus was just as horrified, desperate and in denial as I was. "How long?"

I sighed, looking down. "Weeks. Days. Maybe hours. There's no way to know."

**********

Almost everyone was here for the wedding, after Klaus had left to get Elijah, but returned. We still didn't see Elijah.

I looked at Freya. "I'm sure he would be here if he could."

"Yeah," Freya agreed sadly. "Maybe we were expecting too much."

"Well, it's time," Rebekah told her. "No one deserves this more than you."

Rebekah and I walked away to get to our seats next to Hope and Rae.

Klaus walked toward Freya. "If it's not too presumptuous, perhaps I might escort you."

Elijah arrived. "Not if I have anything to say about it."

Klaus gave him an amused look. "You're late."

"Fashionably so," Elijah agreed. "Well, then, looks like you're stuck with both of us."

"You ready?" Klaus asked.

"I am now," Freya answered.

Klaus and Elijah both walked Freya down the aisle while everyone smiled as they handed her off at the alter next to Keelin, in front of Kol.

Freya whispered to Keelin. "What happened to your dress?"

"Are you kidding, girl?" Keelin asked. "I'm not taking any chances."

They both chuckled.

Kol started the ceremony. "Dearly beloved, now, not to make this all about me, but we know how families work. Sometimes it's dinners." He gave Klaus a sarcastic look. "And sometimes it's daggers. Now, I don't know why it takes something as special as this to wake us up, to make us aware of the beauty in the moment, during the moment, or to be grateful for what we have, while we have it. Now, I, for one, am grateful for today, and I'm grateful for all of you. Keelin, when I first met you, I would have never predicted that you would become my sister. Now you're strong and beautiful and deserve nothing but the best in life." While Freya and Keelin got their rings from Hope and Rae, placing them on each other's fingers, Kol finished the ceremony. "Now by the power vested in me by a Franciscan monk in the 13 century, and by the Internet a few hours ago just to be on the safe side, I now pronounce you, married. You may both kiss the bride."

When Freya and Keelin kissed, everyone applauded.

Hope cast a spell on the flowers. "Tomar lento namaz amor."

The flowers burst into petals that rained down around everyone, causing everyone to smile and laugh happily.

**********

After dark, Davina/Kol, Freya/Keelin, Klaus and I were dancing. Hope and Rae were dancing around, having a sisterly good time, laughing. Everyone else was watching.

Rebekah looked at Marcel. "The last time we said goodbye, did you ever think that the next time we would meet would be at a wedding?"

"No," Marcel answered. "But then it's never really over for us. For any of us."

Rebekah looked at Hope and Rae. "I sincerely hope not."

Hope and Rae were drinking champagne.

"Here you go," Rae told her.

Hope smiled. "Oh, thank you."

Klaus and I watched them worriedly, knowing that as of right now they were dying and we didn't know how to stop it.

Freya looked at us. "Oh, boy. What are you two gonna be like when they go to prom?"

When Hope and Rae nearly fell, Keelin caught her worriedly. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa."

Everyone walked closer worriedly.

"Are they all right?" I asked.

"I'm fine," Rae answered. "I'm fine."

Keelin chuckled. "Yeah, my medical diagnosis is too much champagne."

Hope raised her glass. "Oh, yeah. Speaking of, I would like to make a toast. This has been the best day ever. And you know what? You guys got a thousand years of moments like this one. And being a part of this one really made me feel like I'm part of always and forever, too. So cheers."

Everyone repeated. "Cheers."

**********

At home, Klaus and I went to check on Hope and Rae, who were laying down.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I think I'm a little buzzed," Rae answered.

"Is the room right side up?" Klaus asked.

Hope smiled. "Yeah, almost."

Klaus chuckled. "Well, I think you better sit up."

Rae and Hope sat up to talk to us.

"I had so much fun today," Rae told us. "It was just, you know, having our family together and dancing... It was like for five minutes, I forgot how crappy our lives are."

I managed a small smile. "You certainly looked happy."

"Yeah," Hope agreed. "I'm never gonna forget that I killed someone. And I know that every full moon will be a reminder. I'm really scared to turn. I'm--I'm just happy that you'll be there with me. All of you."

We all smiled slightly.

"Anyway, did you come in here to make sure that the room was right side up?" Rae asked. "Or did you want something?"

Klaus chuckled. "No. No."

I sighed deeply, looking between the three of them. "I have everything I need right here."

**********

On the balcony overlooking the Quarter, I was leaning against the railing, I was close to crying, fighting back the tears.

Klaus walked out to join me. "Kaylin. We will find a way to save them."

"I tried to tell them," I told him. "I couldn't. But Rae... being Rae... eventually she's gonna hear it in someone's thoughts. They are our daughters. I can't lose them, not like I lost you. Nik..."

Klaus pulled me into his arms. I relaxed in his embrace, sighing heavily as I wrapped my arms around him, both of us scared of losing Hope and Rae, and willing to do whatever it took to save them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.8K 1.5K 17
"You Showed Me The Beauty Of Life."
32.2K 153 48
Loads of klaus mikaelson and Elijah mikaelson imagines!
42.4K 626 14
๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘†๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘ฃ๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐ต๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ'๐‘  ๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ, ๐‘†๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘™๐‘’๐‘ก๐‘ก ๐‘†๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘ฃ๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’, ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘  ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘˜ ๐‘ก๐‘œ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ โ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘ค๐‘› ๐‘Ž๐‘“๐‘ก๐‘’...