Enigma: A JenLisa One-shot Co...

By PerilouslyDexterous

ENIGMA noun enig·ma \i-ˈnig-mə •someone or something that is difficult to understand or explain More

Almost
Foreseen (1)
Foreseen (2)
Foreseen (3)
Best of Friends (1)
Best of Friends (2)
Best of Friends (3)
Best of Friends (4)
Right Kind of Wrong (1)
Right Kind of Wrong (2)
Right Kind of Wrong (3)
A Letter to Lisa M.
As (I)
If (II)
It's (III)
Your Last (4)
Me, My Boyfriend, and Her
Me, My Boyfriend, and Her (2)
Me, My Boyfriend, and Her (3)
Me, My Boyfriend, and Her (4)

Trip

3.2K 84 23
By PerilouslyDexterous

"So, where's our next trip?" Jisoo said lazily who's sitting beside me in the couch with her legs on the center table.

"Yeah, it's been 1 week since our last trip. I wanna go out now." Says Rosé who's busy munching nachos on her lap.

"Then go out. The door is widely open for you, Rosie" ,And there she is, the most savage girl I know, her royal highness — Queen Jennie. She's busy polishing her nails and god, she looks stunning as always.

"You're so mean Jennie." I just laughed at their endless bickering.

Rosé and I are childhood best friends since she lives just across our house and we were classmates in grade school.

But when we were on high school, we part ways, but not that apart. We just studied in different school . And there Rosé met Jisoo, the mother of the group who happens to be the best friend of Jennie, the savage queen which is my classmate.

If you'll ask me my relationship with them, well, you know that Rosé is my best friend so we're obviously close. Then Jisoo, we are close as well since our personalities matched. We are like the clown of the group because of our 4D personality. And we are always bickering about the smallest things too so basically we are the loudest.

Then here comes Jennie. Everyone says that I'm friendly and talkative but when it comes to her, it makes me want to question that. We were hanging out for like 4 years now but I'm still shy towards her. But we talk...awkwardly. Our friends didn't know that we don't talk in our class, too. We are not like that actually. We were close back then, as in really close but things happened so yeah.

"Any idea, Lisa?" Rosé asked and they all looked at me.

"About what?"

"The trip." Jennie answered casually without looking at me.

I told you, we do talk...awkwardly.

"Why not hiking? We've never done that. What do you think?" I said as I browse some best hiking places.

"I like that. When is our free time, Chu?" Rosé asked Jisoo then Jisoo check their school timetable.

"We don't have classes starting Thursday but it will resume next week." Jisoo answered. Wondering how did she knew? She's the fucking granddaughter of their school director. Of course she knows.

"Great! How 'bout you, JenLisa?" Maybe that is one of the reason why Jennie and I are not that okay because they're always teasing us. It's fine by me but I don't know to Jennie.

"We don't, too. Duh, it's national holiday. Of course we don't have classes as well." I just laughed again. Jisoo seems embarrassed after Jennie's remark.

"Ayt. It's settled. We'll go on Thursday, dusk. Then we'll go home on Sunday, dawn." I said.

"Where are we going?" Jennie asked.

I excitedly showed them the picture of the mountain we'll hike then they squeal in excitement.

*

Wednesday afternoon after our class, we decided to meet at our favorite café near our school. Jennie and I went there together, silently. A very uncomfortable silence. Jisoo and Rosé is not there yet so we ordered something to eat while waiting.

"How'd you know the place?" Jennie spoke. I was shocked. That is her first time initiating a conversation, at least to me. Out of shockness, I stupidly pointed myself asking if I'm the one she's talking to.

"Ugh Of course. Do we have someone seated beside or across you? We're the only one here." She rolled her eyes. This is the reason why Jennie doesn't have friends aside from us. They find her cold and unapproachable but she's otherwise, I swear.

"I don't know. Maybe you're talking to someone near our table."

"You're the only one I know here. Stop being stupid, Lisa." I just laughed. She's pretty savage. Oh sorry. She' pretty and savage. Yeah that's it 

"Ahh yeah. Haha. I-i'm sorry. I just browsed it in the net."

We continue talking, school related stuff only. She'll ask question, I'll answer stupidly, and she'll reply savagely until the two arrived.

"Sorry we're late. Traffic jam." Rosé said as she sipped in my drink.

"Your school is literally steps away, Rosie." Jennie answered.

"And we're late because of course, we just can't crossed the road that easy. What if some car bumped us? We'll be chicken dead if that happened." Jisoo said.

"C'mon, Jisoo. We all know that it's easier to cross roads if it's traffic because all cars are not moving. They'll not bump you, silly." I answered.

"Ooh. Lisa is learning from Jennie, huh? Is that what will happen if you'll spend your 2 hours dating?" Jisoo said teasing.

"Stop it, Chichu. You're making them blush. Look at them, they looked like an overripe tomatoes." Rosé laughed.

"Quit it, guys. Let's just buy our foods." Jennie said and we proceed.

Rosé and I are in charge in buying our snacks while Jennie and Jisoo are in charge in buying our meal. After few hours, we decided to part ways and go home.

*

Thursday, 5:30pm

I just arrived here in front of Jennie's house because this is the meeting place. I parked my car then honked so Jennie will know that I'm here already. Minutes later, I saw her opening their main door and signalled me to come in.

"Just wait here. I'll just prepare my things." I nodded in response and studied their house. It's quite big for a house. It's more like a mansion, a chateaux to be specific. It's very Asian from the outside but it's actually Westernized inside. Classic.

There are family portraits hanging on the wall and I noticed that Jennie is an only child. I only heard that her parents are both doctors but never knew that she's only child.

"Hi. You must be Lisa." An old lady approached me and handed me a drink.

"Good evening. Yes, I am Lisa, Jennie's friend." I bowed and she laughed. What's wrong?

"You don't need to bow, kid. I'm just Jennie's nanny. You can call me Sally."

Aunt Sally is very nice. We talked a lot while waiting for Jennie. I found out that she is actually the one who took care for Jennie since she's baby because her parents are busy. She's basically the one who raised her that's why they are somehow similar. Except that Jennie's cold.

"You know what? Jennie's always talking about you that's why I recognized you instantly. She's always saying 'Lisa this...', 'Lisa that...' and I'm so happy that you're making my baby happy." She said rapidly. Wait..what? Jennie's talking about me?

"Since when did you became friends?"

"Since 7th grade, auntie."

"Ohh, I see. You must be really close then. Honestly, I think Jennie's having a crush on y---"

"Aunt Sally! Can you help me with this? I can't zip my bag!" Jennie shouted from her room.

"This kid. She never mature. Alright, Lisa. I'll just go to Jennie. Stay here. Feel at home." She said smiling and I showed her my cheeky smile 😊

Minutes after, Rosé and Jisoo arrived, thank goodness because I think my saliva will be spoiled any moments from now. I wonder what took Jennie so long.

"Let's go, guys. It's almost 6 in the evening. We better get going because rush hour is approaching."

Jennie is now walking down the stair like a pageant queen. She's wearing a gray hoodie paired with a black baggy pants and a black cap. She looks great as always, even in her casual wear. I think she looks good in everything. Even if she wear a sack or a garbage bag, I think she'll slay it 

"It took you forever changing." I said as I help her with her things.

"Aunt Sally just won't let me go without her unending advice, so yeah." I just shrugged and finally, we're all set.

Jisoo and Rosé are heading in the backseat so I stop them.

"Hey wait. Who will drive?" I asked.

"Definitely not us, Lisa." Jisoo said then she and Rosé quickly run towards the backseat, leaving me and Jennie behind.

"Guess you'll be the driver tonight. You're the only one who has a license here." Jennie chuckled and and went towards the passenger seat.

You got it right. I already have a license though I'm just 17. I have my ways *wink*

Lisa begun driving, with Jennie on the passenger seat while the two was on the backseat.

Lisa's car seems like a bar because the 4 girls are partying. They're so loud and totally having fun but occasionally arguing about the song.

"Jennie! C'mon. Play Ariana Grande's songs. You're song taste is so boring. You've been playing that the whole time." Rosé said childishly.

"Rosé right, Jennie. You've been playing Dua Lipa's song the entire ride. Change it now, right Lisa?" Jisoo said.

"I think Dua Lipa's fine. I love her songs. They're amazing." Lisa said then she saw Jennie smiled in her peripheral view.

"Ugh. I can't believe you, Lisa. I'm your best friend." Rosé said dramatically.

"Of course Lisa will not choose you. She'll always choose Jennie over us, Pasta."

"Let me just finish IDGAF then we'll play something the four of us like." Jennie said.

"AVRIL LAVIGNE!"

The four girls continue having fun. Jisoo get her flashlight and moved it in a circular motion in the air that hyped them. 2 hours later, the 2 girls in the back are already sleeping while the girls in front are quiet because of tiredness.

"You look more beautiful when you're smiling." Lisa said that made Jennie blush. Good thing Lisa didn't noticed it because it's dark.

"Can I open the window?" Jennie asked.

"Sure but turn off the aircon."

Lisa looked at Jennie secretly and smiled.

'Gosh. She's so beautiful.' Lisa was once again enthralled by her ethereal beauty that Jennie possessed. Her hair was dancing with the wind and her orbs glimmer in the starless evening.

"Stop looking at me. Focus on the road, doofus."

"I can't. You're so beautiful." Lisa smiled at Jennie and the visible red tint appeared on Jennie's cheeks.

'What are you thinking, Lisa? Keep your shits straight!' Lisa said to herself as she remembered what happened 2 years ago between them.

"You haven't changed. Still the maniac Lisa who's whipped to me." Jennie said smirking that made Lisa choke by the air.

"I'm not whipped to you. You're not my type."

"C'mon Lisa. We all know you like me." Jennie said confidently.

"Conceited. Hahaha."

All throughout the ride, their conversation went smoothly. It is the first time they talk like this for a long time. Lisa missed Jennie and so does Jennie missed Lisa.

Lisa still glance on Jennie and Jennie will throw a chip on her and they will laugh like crazy, in love, teenagers and that's when Lisa realize she likes Jennie.

She want her to be happy. She likes it when her sharp eyes will be small when she laughs. She likes it when Jennie shows her small teeth and healthy gums. She likes it when she make Jennie happy, even if it means humiliating herself in the process.

I guess that's what you do when you're in love...

After hours, the gang reached their destination. It's already 3 in the morning. They decided to sleep for the mean time and wait till the sun comes out.

To summarize their whole trip, it went great. Just a typical teenage camping with bonfire and jamming. They also played board games and did their assignments in their tent. It's the kind of memory they will bring to college and treasure when they become old. Lisa realized that they only have a 2 months left in high school, soon they will leave for college and maybe they will never cross paths again.

"Life is short. You'll never know what will happen next. So take advantage of your time and tell the ones you love that you love them before it's too late." The 30-year old Lisa said to the young girl sitting in her lap as she closed the photo album of her high school life.

"So, did you tell her that you love her?" The young girl asked Lisa.

"Of course, I did tell her but.."

"But what?"

"She rejected me."

"That's sad. What did you do?"

"I chased her and made her love me too." She smiled.

"But why? She already rejected you so you shouldn't have chased her." The girl said.

"Well, if I didn't honey, then you are not here"

"Your momma's right baby. If she didnt made me fall in love with her, then there's no Ella." The cat-eyed brunette said as she sat beside Lisa and their daughter.

"Alright. Enough with the drama, my queen and princess. Jisoo and Chaeyoung are on their way. Let's prepare the foods already." Lisa said as she put down her daughter to get up.

"Is Jiyoung coming too, momma?" The little girl with feline-like eyes that she got from her mommy and a plump lips that she got from her momma asked.

"Of course baby, Aunt Jisoo and Aunt Chaeyoung's son is coming too."

Finally, after 10 years of being far away from each other, the gang is now celebrating their 17 years of friendship, and is on again for another trip.

~

What a poorly written one shit. Sorry. It's already 3am in the morning here. Hahaha.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

822K 33K 38
On that fateful Halloween night, Lily and James survived while Voldemort apparently 'marked' Harry Potter as his equal. Aria Potter, twin sister of...
370K 32.2K 91
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: •.°NORMAL°.• (So go read that one first)
208K 5.5K 69
Zero already has a boyfriend that she loves but finds out that he is cheating but she tries to work it out and stay with him. But then she goes to th...
1.5M 34.6K 59
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.