arrogance [s.m]

Від shawnsaftertaste

in which an unexpected surprise changes the errors of a mans stance in the world. - a shawn mendes fanfiction Більше

characters
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
sequel is up!!

prologue

16.1K 280 119
Від shawnsaftertaste

-

"dude, anya steinburg is so fit, how can you not think she is?" brian asks shawn, slapping his arm as the two boys look at the girl who's dancing around with her friends at a party. "seriously, how? she's so hot."

"she's just annoying," shawn shrugs, taking a sip of his tequila. brian looks at him. "oh, don't look at me like that, out of all the jobs she could have applied for, she did not have to apply for stage assistant in island records, i'm so sorry to tell you that."

"all the more reason you guys could become friends with benefits," brian says to him, a slight singing tune running through his voice. shawn slaps his arm, the two boys laughing. "dude, i'm kidding, but if you don't find her fit, i'm gonna go make my move."

"whatever brian, have fun, at least she's not underage," brian pulls his middle finger up at shawn, before walking over to the dance floor, where anya and her friends are. they get excited in their naturally tipsy state, dragging brian into the circle, dancing around him. shawn rolls his eyes, before turning around, and heading to get another drink.

"since when did you get back?" a girl asks shawn, noticing him at the drinks table. shawn looks at the blonde, raising his eyebrow. "oh come on, whenever you get back, i always get a booty call. why not this time?"

"i'm not interested, georgia," shawn says, filling up his glass with more tequila and lemonade. "we were a one hit wonder, move on with your life."

"is that what you do now? casual fucks? god, to think every girl was jealous of you and lauren in high school," she scoffs, folding her arms. "and now look at you, you're the furthest away from boyfriend material anyone would want."

"don't you bring high school into this," shawn mutters, rolling his eyes. "it's been two years since we all left that place, i've just had more exposure to the world than others."

"fuck you and your privileged life," georgia shoots back, glaring her blue eyes towards him. "god, you are so uptight."

"i'm the one who's uptight?" shawn says sarcastically, a laugh leaving his lips. "look at yourself, sweetie, you're the one who's complaining because i won't fuck you."

"i'm glad, you aren't that great in bed anyway," she shrugs, making the people around her laugh, before she flips her hair over her shoulder, and walks away; her heels clicking behind her. "last time i sleep with children."

"i'm older than you!" shawn scoffs behind her. "pathetic," he mutters, taking a long sip of his drink, before walking around to find someone. "hey, ian!"

"bro, hey!" ian sees shawn walking over, and embraces him into a hug. "when did you get back?"

"a couple days ago, sorry i haven't called you guys over, jet lags been bad this time," shawn chuckles. "how are you, man?"

"good, good! hey, we're just about to play a round of beer pong, care for a game?" ian asks, holding a set of red cups in his hand.

"go on then," shawn grins, finishing his drink in a shot, feeling the alcohol buzz in his veins. he walks over to the table, seeing it being set up as boys versus girls. shawn immediately rolls his eyes when he sees anya on the other side, talking to the likes of lauren, georgia, and a few other girls he doesn't recognise, along with a couple of anyas friends he's seen leave her apartment a few times.

anya and shawn both are neighbours, surprisingly. it's confusing how they haven't killed each other yet.

"seriously, them?" shawn asks ian, turning around and seeing brian and jon smiling menacingly at shawn. "what?"

"you're up first dude," jon says, pushing shawn forward. "alright!" he calls to the group of people around the table. "anya and shawn, you guys are up."

"with him?"

"with her?"

they both look each other up and down, sending glares to each other, whilst anya folds her arms, rolling her brown eyes.

"i am not playing beer pong with someone who doesn't even have good aim," anya says, pouting her lip out.

"it's true, i said mouth, he got it in the eye," georgia smirks from next to anya, making her laugh loudly, giving georgia a high five. shawn glares at the blonde, making her smirk back. "oh but sweetie, it's true, isn't it?"

"georgia i swear to fucking god-"

"just play, god, anya you're gonna beat him anyway, what's the point of complaining?" jon sighs, compromising with the two of them.

"jon!" shawn whines, a chuckle leaving his lips. "you're supposed to be my friend."

"sorry dude, anya and i go way back," jon laughs, throwing his arm around anyas shoulders, making her smirk. "remember when you hit that ball through my moms window?"

"don't even get me started! your mom wasn't bothered, mine? i never heard the end of it! i was grounded for three weeks!" anya complains, making the group laugh around her. "alright, let's just get this started mendes."

"you're going down, steinburg," shawn glares at her, taking a ping pong ball from ian.

"try me," she scoffs, bouncing down her ball on the table, the white ball landing straight into one of shawns glasses. "ha!"

"that was one!" shawn says to her, quickly drinking the beer down, before chucking the cup to the side of him. "you better watch out," he bounces his ball, and it bounces off of the rim of one of the glasses, before falling into a glass on the left side of the table.

"oh look, he knows how to throw a ball into a cup!" anya teases, taking the glass and taking the drink down effortlessly. "dude, beer, seriously? you couldn't put vodka in or something?"

"careful anya, you don't want to get too drunk," lauren laughs at her, nudging her shoulder.

"fair, don't want to be making any mistakes tonight," she smirks, before throwing her ball, and landing it into shawns cup.

this continues until shawns down to three cups, and anya's down to one.

"how is he winning?" anya whines, folding her arms and looking at the difference in the number of glasses.

"boys got skill!" brian and ian yell, making the girls roll their eyes. "well apart from that time he got beaten by abel but-"

"that was hilarious!" anya joins in, laughing with brian. "god, do you remember that day? he got so confident, and then he saw drake come down to watch, and all of a sudden he freaked out!" she laughs, smirking at shawn.

"that day was genuinely the best night of tour," brian agrees, making shawn smile. "hey, we should host one next time."

"somehow i don't think all of them would come," shawn adds, positioning his arm to aim for the last cup. "i could ask john to sort something out though, no one says no to him."

"ugh i've missed john, doesn't he have a show in toronto coming up?" anya asks, waiting for shawn to make his shot.

"he does actually, it's next week," shawn says to them. "i can ask for tickets, if you guys are up for it."

"count me in," ian scoffs from next to him.

"and us!" jon and lauren add, making shawn laugh.

"and me!" lyall yells, walking up to the group. "wait, what am i signing myself up for?"

"john mayer, next week," lauren informs him. "you up?"

"i'm up," lyall agrees, nodding. shawn grins again, throwing the ball, and landing it straight into the last cup anya had.

"wait-"

"did he just-"

"oh wow-"

"i won?" shawn asks cluelessly, confused. "i won?"

"i have to say, mendes," anya starts, before quickly drinking the beer down. "i'm impressed." lauren notices something going on, and quickly leaves, motioning for the rest of the group to move with her. the group scatter out, leaving anya and shawn on their own.

"oh look at that, miss hard-to-impress steinburg, is impressed with me?" shawn smirks, wanting to do nothing more than hold this to her for the rest of her life.

"oh shut up, you shit head," anya scoffs, rolling her eyes. "i'm just saying, you didn't miss one. that's an achievement, for you."

"ha ha, very funny," shawn rolls his eyes back, folding his arms against his chest. "i'd like to see you play abel to beer pong, and see who ends up laughing."

"deal, one day," she agrees, just as kanye begins to blast through the house party. "anyway, this is my song, so i'm gonna go now."

"you do that," shawn calls, watching the girl leave him, joining her friends on the dance floor, throwing her hands up in the air, and swinging her hips, making shawn gulp back. she catches shawns eyes, and sends him a quick wink, before her eyes close, and she lets the music guide her body.

fuck, shawn thinks to himself. she's hot.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

5.9K 290 31
We weren't supposed to meet. We lived in two different worlds. I wasn't a part of his and he wasn't a part of mine. But since we met I couldn't get h...
23K 525 40
Read at your own risk, please note that this book is full of cringiness my 11 year old ass back then wrote but i do kind of like 'Even if you dont me...
880K 10.5K 200
Welcome to my second book of imagines! I don't write smut. REQUESTS ARE CLOSED!!! IF YOU WRITE A MEAN/HATEFUL COMMENT, YOU WILL GET BLOCKED.
189K 7.1K 65
A lightning strike on a stormy May night changes everything (a Shawn Mendes fanfic)