Unwanted

By xrcses

Unwanted feelings. "Let's make that sex ship happen." Thomas Brodie Sangster and Dylan O'Brien are close frie... More

01. One of a pair
02. The last one ever
03. Endgame
04. A family
05. A night to remember
06. Peace and Hate
07. Opposites
08. Newtmas
09. The accident [part 1]
10. The accident [part 2]
11. Questions
12. Old friend
14. Words
15. Theaters
16. Different
17. Confess
18. Kiss goodbye
Replay

13. I'm in love

1.8K 93 186
By xrcses

"Excuse me?" Thomas looked at Tom with a mixed face. He was certainly shook about the younger man's question but above all it was the annoyance who took over his face.

Thomas just found the question Tom had just let go of extremely rude and disrespectful. Whatever Thomas felt or did in his own life was his own business.

"Don't get me wrong mate. I do not know him that well and neither do I know you, it has been so long, you could have changed since the last time we saw us but just the way stuff happens and all." Tom said, wanting to walk back to Dylan.

Thomas hold his wrist, taking him back to where they were standing: "Exactly. You don't know him, you don't know us. So please mind your own business and let us be friends in peace."

Thomas voice was sharp, almost as if he could kill the newest Spider-Man at the exact moment. The Brit enjoyed his privacy and questions like these broke that fine line between having enough privacy as a star and having not.

"I'm- I'm sorry Thomas I didn't mean to offend you in any way." Tom almost whispered, looking at his friends brown eyes.

He recognised his mistake and was sorry for asking his ex cast-mate the question. He never intended to break Thomas privacy or anything alike.

"I'm not in love with Dylan." Thomas whispered softly, almost impossible to hear.

"Thomas look I know it may be hard to figure such stuff out so please think about it and about what other people say. I'm sure it's not for nothing that the whole Dylmas thing goes around. He's a nice guy and I'm sure he-"

Tom was trying to be calm, making the other rethink about what he just said but the blonde interrupted the other by speaking up loudly: "I am not confused. I never liked Dylan in any way okay?"

Tom jumped up, unable to find out if Thomas was furious or just trying his best not to become furious. Yet, Thomas voice was loud enough to be heard in the whole café, making Dylan look up in their direction.

Thomas' face softened, changing his gaze from the brunette in front of his to his closer friend who was sitting at the table they left him. Dylan shared the gaze with the blonde. His friend's smile from earlier was gone and Thomas noticed that Dylan was not breathing for a second because his chest didn't go up and down like usually.

The other brunette followed the blondes gaze, also meeting with the only American in the room. Dylan was different. Even if he was trying to hide it, his lips sank down when he looked at Thomas her he forces a light smile when his gaze met Holland. The American looked at his close friend with hurt eyes, filled with pain.

"Dylan..." Thomas started, walking to meet his friend at the table again. The American stood up, walking towards Thomas aswell and stoping in front of the taller boy's face: "What?"

"I-I didn't mean it like that. Of course I like your friendship it's just that-" Thomas did his best, trying to explain himself up but the other guy cut him off with a head shake and a little smile: "Don't. Just... please pay the drink for me yeah? I'll give you the money later."

Dylan took his jacket from the back of the chair and put it on, ready to leave, "Dylan please... You're my friend. You know I care."

"Yet, we could be so much more." The American said, taking the rest of his drink and leaving the Starbucks shop.

Thomas stood there silent for a minute, not knowing what to do or say. He knew following his friend was a bad idea. He knew how privacy is important to himself so he wanted to give his friend the right to have privacy aswell.

The Brit felt quite unsure about what to feel. He just had a little disagreement with his friend and had to fix this, yet he didn't know how or what exactly he did wrong. He knew that Dylan was aware about the fact that the older one appreciated his friendship. That wasn't the reason why Dylan went off. There was something different and Thomas felt it. It wasn't like he knew what exactly it was but he was determined to find out. He also knew that it had something to do with the "We could be so much more". Did Dylan want to say best friends or even closer friends? Thomas knew that it had to be something like that, he was sure of himself that any other option was crossed.

Since day one Dylan always made sure that Thomas knew his spot. He never showed any signs of romantic interest to the boy. Thomas was sure that Dylan didn't like Thomas like that. The American was for sure straight. All of his previous relationships were women, which he loved deeply and he never showed Thomas any signs of being gay or bisexual. Dylan never looked out for buys, never checked them out or talked about how good they looked. At least not with Thomas. But Thomas was sure that if Dylan was part of the LGBT+ community he would have said it.

"Thomas...?" a voice cracked up behind Thomas, the Brit could tell that it was his older friend, who was unsure if he could speak without being killed, "I'm very sorry."

"No. No don't worry Tom. Everything is fine." The blonde turned around forcing a smile at his friend, "I should not have screamed that's all."

The younger actor was starring at the other with regret. He never wanted to break this wonderful friendship. He knew that it was one of the most important relationships Thomas ever had and he was sorry for breaking such an important thing to his friend. The young boy screwed up immensely and wanted to fix it, but he didn't know how.

"Really, don't worry. I'll see what I can do. It's not your fault. I should not have freaked. I know you didn't mean to disrespect me or anything like that." Thomas was not letting go of a genuine smile, "We good."

Tom nodded, making sure he wouldn't screw stuff up again. The blonde sat down that the table that Dylan and him were sitting right before the other Brit came in. He borrowed his face in his hands for some time.

"I'm really sorry tho. How can I help you fixing this?" Tom spoke crime behind.

"I can do this on my own. It were my words, I hurt him not you."

"I do genuinely think that Dylan may see you differently than you think Thomas..." Tom whispered, afraid to mess stuff up again and having to go trough the angry side of his old friend again.

"I just... we just need time." Thomas said.

Tom nodded, before laying his hand on his friends shoulder for some seconds and leaving the building with a small "I'm sorry."

Thomas left the café some time after both of his friends left aswell, walking towards his car just to find the seats empty. He lowkey had hope that his friend would be waiting there for him, expecting an explanation and then they'd both laugh and be the closest friends again. But it wasn't the case and that hurt Thomas.

His heart was aching, almost as if someone was making a hole in it, forcing Thomas to feel the guilt even more than he already did. The Brit got inside the car, not able to start the engine. The thoughts flew trough his head, making him think about how he could fix this and what his American friend wanted from him.

Thomas took out his phone just to find a bunch of notifications he hadn't opened. Most of them were retweets and several messages. The blonde unlocked his phone, getting a new notification from Twitter.

Dylan O'Brien tweeted:
Everything is fine. I do not know how this game into social media this fast because it literally happened like 20 minutes ago but don't worry. I still love Thomas like I did before this little misunderstanding.

Thomas opened up the link that was with the tweet, making his eyes open up widely for a second.

Dylan O'Brien and Thomas Brodie-Sangster fight in a public café
Both boys were spotted today in London enjoying their last moments together. Later on when the couple of friends was at a Starbucks both of them had a small disagreement, Thomas almost screaming at Tom Holland, the newest Spider-Man and ex co-star of the Maze Runner actor, that he never liked Dylan. His American friend left the coffee shop almost immediately after that just with the words "We could be much more". Not giving any further details about what he truly meant with that.

Thomas let his phone fall into the seat next to his, making him travel with his hands trough his hair. He groaned out loudly. He screwed up badly.

Dylan said they are still friends in his tweet, but are they really? It wasn't that Thomas doubted that Dylan still enjoyed Thomas because the blonde knew he did. But he wasn't sure about the fact that Dylan could forgive him. That everything could be just like it was the whole time. He wasn't sure that he could just pretend as if nothing happened.

His phone buzzed in the seat next to him, making him take it again.

Dylan O'Brien retweeted:
@tomholland1996 Dylan and Thomas had a fight yes, but I need you all to know that both of them have nothing to do with it. Both boys never intended to "fight" in that café. They are one of the best friendships I ever faced in my whole life and I beg you guys to give both of them some space. Thomas enjoys Dylan's friendship a lot and all of this is just a misunderstanding.

Thomas smiled at Tom's tweet, wanting to thank him about this little action of trying to fix stuff. He was a good guy Thomas was sure about that. They used to be extremely close on set, spending every second possible together.

Thomas finger traveled to the retweet button aswell, copying Dylan's actions and retweeting the tweet too. He knew that people would come at him for an explanation of why he said that to Dylan but he wasn't in the mood to write anything himself just yet. He needed time to think about how and when he'd do it. He wanted to do it right. With the right words. He needed Dylan in his life. More than he may realise.

The Brit smiled as he turned his phone off just to remember about some random moments he had with his American friend. Both of them were so insanely close it made Thomas happy. The blond sat in his car thinking about random moments for hours before pulling off and driving home.

The memory about Thomas running from after a scene to meet up with Dylan so they could leave together and spend the night together crosses Thomas mind. He remember as if it was yesterday the night both boys stayed up all night talking on the last day on set. They just sat in the nature, talking all night as if there was no tomorrow. And the best of it was that it never got boring. Both guys always had something to talk about and something to laugh off. The times with Dylan made Thomas happy. Almost as if Dylan was his escape from everything that made him unhappy. As if Dylan was so close to him that Thomas could spend his whole life with him. Almost as if Dylan was his actual family. Someone had got to know, got closer to and was struggling about marrying or not.

Thomas was definitely weak for his friend.
Almost as if he was in love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 467 21
Minho and Thomas are the best of friends, and they live conveniently close to each other. They hang out with a small circle of friends, which has alw...
591 36 23
a short newtmas story that probably took me less then a month to write. -a benji story ____ He's always been my bestfriend, and with a blink of a dru...
133K 4.7K 14
When Thomas' best friend and neighbour Minho gets a new step-brother, Thomas is suddenly interested. All characters belong to James Dashner
Yours By Nya

Fanfiction

2K 66 1
A Teen Wolf x The Maze Runner Newtmas Story 💞