The Mafia's Son

By ehrikuhhh

Hailey Summers. I knew she was gonna be a problem for me the second my eyes fell on her in the school hall w... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty one
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
EPILOGUE

Chapter Fifty Five

71.7K 1.2K 1.1K
By ehrikuhhh

Isaac POV

The car ride back to Hailey's house is extremely quiet, I know that she's upset, she hasn't turned away from the window once since we climb into the navigator. She's avoiding looking in my direction.

I don't bother trying to talk to her through out the car ride to her house though, I especially don't want to do it in front of pops men. I don't want to risk them reporting it back to him and then have him down my throat over something so simple.

Romo parks the Lincoln next to the curb once were outside of Hailey's house, probably expecting me to get out and walk Hailey to her front door, but I need to talk to my girl I can't leave knowing she's mad at me.

I take note that Romo and Voss are wearing pretty thick jackets, as to where Hailey and I are in thinner clothing.

"Romo, Voss, out," I say.

Romo glances into the rear view mirror, looking in my direction and realizes that I'm not joking around when I hold his stare.

He nods, "yes sir," and they both quietly get out of the truck, standing a couple feet away from it.

I turn to Hailey once were alone in the truck but she still has her gaze out the damn window, "baby.."

"Who's Gray?" She asked, not bothering to have turned around. I sigh deeply, glancing away from her for a quick second. Hailey then cranes her neck in my direction, repeating the same question. "Who is he?"

I open my mouth to answer her, but nothing comes out and I'm left looking away from her once again. I can't answer her, she knows I can't. I hear Hailey scoff and I instantly look up once I hear the truck opening, I'm immediately undoing my seatbelt reaching over her in the next second, closing the door back up again.

"He works for Verdino," I utter quietly. I turn away from her, my voice coming out even quieter than before and sit back in my seat. "H-he's responsible for his death."

A couple seconds go by and I don't hear Hailey say anything. I glance up at her and my stomachs immediately in knots, there's a disappointed look in her eyes, I know that she knows what that means, she knows what I have to do tonight.

She starts to shake her head, scooting closer towards me, "you're better than that, babe." I scoff averting my attention away from her. "Please Isaac, you heard his mom, just leave it alone, baby, let it go, don't make this any bigger than it already is."

I quickly turn to face her, "me?" I place my hand on my chest. "I'm not the one who made this personal! I literally had watched Fonz die in my hands because there wasn't a damn thing that I could do to save him!"

"Baby it's not your fault."

"But it is, Hailey! You know what this mother fucker did afterwards? Go ahead, ask me, you wanna know everything right? Ask me what he did."

She shakes her head, "Isaac.."

"ASK ME."

"What did he do?"

"He laughed," I tell her and she instantly frowns.

"Yeah," I continue. "He laughed in my fucking face, talking about one down, two to go. So no, I'm not gonna let it go, I'm not gonna lose risking someone else that I fücking care about. God forbid something happen to you, Ang, Dion, Ric, or anyone for the matter. I can not bare the thought of something happening to you."

"How do you think I feel, Isaac!" Hailey exclaims and I remain silent. "I'm constantly worried that somethings going to happen to you when you go out and do something!"

"Nothings going to happen to me, princess," I reach for her hand and she quickly retracts it looking away from me, looking back out the window.

I sigh deeply. "I get where you're coming from, baby, I do. And you can go ahead and be mad at me, but at least I'm not lying to you, Hail, I iust need you to trust me, I'll be okay tonight, I promise."

Hailey doesn't answer nor does she turn around to look at me, we sit in complete silence for a few minutes until my phone begins to vibrate in my pocket.

I dig my hand into my jeans and fish it out noting that it's a number I don't have saved in my phone, then again I don't have many of them saved, I had most of them memorized, but I actually didn't recognize this number.

I silence it and let it continue ringing until it hits my voicemail, I had a good feeling that it was probably Camil calling. I shove my phone back into my pants and glance back over to my right.

"Hailey.."

"What's the ripple?" She finally turns to look at me.

I smile softly sinking into my seat, "it's an event," I tell her. "It that was created by a couple of dancing crews back in the day, it's suppose to be a lot bigger and more organized now."

"Why have I never heard of it?"

I shrug my shoulders, "it's not something everyone knows about unless you're into dancing and shit."

"How do you know about it?" Her two beautifully shaped eyebrows clench together as she tilts her head to the side.

"Ric," I smile. "He was really into the whole dancing thing a couple years ago."

"And so what happens? They just go an battle it out and that's it?"

I chuckle softly, "no, not necessarily. I mean anyone's welcomed to go watch the event, but to actually dance, perform in one, that's another story. You have to personally get invited by one of the main crews hosting the event, or so I've heard. It was designed to help them recruit new dancers for their crews."

"Wow."

I nod, "I don't know how much it's changed, but when they were trying to recruit Ric back then they had this crazy ass process before making the team, or crew, I don't know," I mildly shake my head.

"What was the process?"

"I don't remember exactly, but I know he had to go meet with the crews a few times before the event actually happened. He said that they then would put all the recruits into groups of four or smaller, they were then given certain songs that they had to perform a week later, and then the crews would chose dancers out of those groups."

"What happened, he didn't make the team?"

"No he did, but dancing took up a lot of his time," i answered turning away from her.

I glance out of the dark tinted window, staring at the house across the street. "I made him choose," I whisper. "I made him pick what crew he really wanted to be in."

I feel Hailey place her hand on top of mine, which I have resting on the seat. "Isaac look at me."

I turn towards her.

"Promise me that you won't kill anyone tonight, please, baby."

She's just not gonna drop this is she?

I tear my gaze away from her, down to our hands and smile softly as I look up at her, gently squeezing her hand.

"I won't."

~~~~

I went straight home and took a nap after dropping Hailey off at home, when instead I should've gone down stairs to work out, but I felt completely exhausted. It was nearly 6 pm by the time I woke up, I had slept for about an hour an a half when my mother came knocking on my door. She walked in a few seconds after I didn't get up and opened the door for her, it wasn't locked, it hasn't been since Fonz died.

Although my parents already knew that I didn't have a drug problem, they were still worried that I would do something dumb like get high, so my door always had to remain unlocked while it was shut. Ma was actually the more concerned one, she would constantly come into my room just to check in on me and would instantly panic if my door was locked, but I didn't blame her, I've done nothing but stress her out the past few weeks.

She woke me up to tell me that her and pops were going out for the night, apparently they had a dinner date with some man and his wife who's been trying to make a deal with my dad and wanted to treat them, or more like buy them and ease pops up, but it wouldn't work, my dads a stubborn man just like his wife, and they wonder where I get it from.

After my parents left I headed back upstairs to my bedroom. I thought about heading down stairs, running for a couple minutes to really wake me up, but I was honestly just to lazy for all that right now. Instead I let myself fall backwards with my legs hanging off my bed and closed my eyes for a couple seconds, when I hear my phone start to vibrate on my nightstand.

I lazily turn myself over and reach for it praying to God that it's my girl calling, but it's not, Dion's name is plastered at the top of my screen instead of 'Summers' with the sunflower emoji and yellow heart after it. Both emoji's were of course placed by her, apparently I wasn't a normal boyfriend who had their girlfriends contact name under something cute, so she Hailey-fied it.

"Yo?" I answer placing my phone against my right ear.

"Where the fuck have you been?" He instantly barks. "I've been texting you for the last hour, Isaac!"

I smile but mentally laughi in my head, Dion only ever called me by my first name when he's annoyed with my shit.

I groan while slowly stretching my body out, "I fell asleep," I yawn.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me."

"Relax, Dee, maybe you should go take a nap with that stick up your ass."

"Ha ha," he answers sarcastically. "Your dad called me to ensure that you don't fucking stay asleep dumbass. Do you have the address yet?"

"I don't know, let me check," I pull my phone away from my face holding my thumb on the home button, it unlocks and I quickly go check my messages.

I smile as I see Hailey's name at the top of my text messages, reminding me to behave tonight. I don't open it yet, I continue scrolling down my list when I find a message from the same number that called me when I was dropping Hailey off at home.

It's Camilla, just like I figured it would be. There's two messages from her. One with the address of where the Ripples gonna be hosted tonight, and the second stating that it's her.

"Yeah I got it," I say a bit dryly while replying to her message, giving her instructions on what she needs to do tonight, and what time I want her there.

I have no idea who Gray's sister is, I don't know her name, how she looks like, so I need Camil to point her out for me.

She thinks that by helping me out tonight pops might reconsider talking the guys into leaving her alone, but Camilla really was a bitch when her and Alfonzo were together.

She could've acted like the biggest bitch on this planet, laid her hands on anyone she liked, and we still wouldn't have been able to do shit about it, on account of her immunity of course, but Fonz wasn't alive anymore, no one was paying for her protection now.

A women, spouse or girlfriend, is instantly protected by the family at all cost if their dating someone who works for pops, someone in the family, but that instantly goes away when the couple does break up.

Although, if the man chooses to, just like Fonz did while he moved away, they could pay pops on a monthly basis for their protection still, but it cost a pretty penny to keep the family motivated to look after a couple bops.

Hailey on the other hand is a whole different story, these mothers fuckers didn't have a choice whether they got paid extra or not, whether we're still together or not, I'd protect that girl with my life if it came down to it.

"What time are you gonna head over?"

"Probably in twenty," I tell him. "I'll probably just shower and head out, have you told the guys?"

"Yeah, Ric said he was on his way already, and Vin and Albert are at a family shenanigan, but they'll head over as soon as their done."

"Alright, I'll hit you up when I'm on my way," I tell him, already starting to pull my phone away from my face.

"Oh, aye!"

"What?" I place it against my ear again.

"Bring your Xbox controller."

I immediately try to suppress the laugh that's threatening to spill out and make some weird type of snort sound instead, "all three are dead I think."

"Bitch," he utters under his breath and hangs up the phone.

I chuckle softly and toss my phone onto the edge of my bed and get up. I walk over to my dresser checking all three of my controllers and sure enough they're all dead. I open the first drawer to my left and grab a pair of boxers, then make my way over to my bathroom. I don't take long, ten minutes tops, when I'm stepping out and walking back into my room, finding something to wear.

I'm marching out my front door approximately fifteen minutes later after I'm dressed and ready to go. I walk down my drive way and climb into my Beamer, start my engine, and head towards Dion's house, but not before stopping at the gas station though. I gas up and grab some AA batteries for my Xbox controller so I won't have to hear Dion and Ric whine about it.

Ten minutes later I'm pulling into Dion's driveway and walking up to his front door. I gently knock on the door and his mother, or I'm assuming, is shouting to come in so I do. I instantly notice her and Angela, surprisingly, or not I guess, in the kitchen, both of them cooking and cutting up food.

"Isaac!" Dion's mother beams with happiness the second I step in through the front door. "Come in, sweetheart, come in, you're letting all the cold air in."

"Oh, I'm sorry," I mumble, quickly shutting the front door behind me and walk towards the open kitchen.

Angela's standing near the kitchen island, cutting up some broccoli heads, while Dion's mother stands over the stove, stirring some pot around.

I walk over to his mom first and hug her, "how are you?" She asked as I leaned in to place a kiss on her cheek.

"Bene," I respond. "It smells amazing."

"Are you hungry? Have you ate?"

"I'm fine, Mrs. Ricci, thank you," I smile walking towards Angela, repeating the same process I just had with Dion's mother. "Hey, Ang."

"Hi."

I notice the sad look on her face the second I pull away from her and I'm instantly worried.  "You okay?" I mouth.

She smiles sadly nodding her head yeas, "they're downstairs," she shrugs.

I narrow my eyes at Angela, a little upset that she doesn't want to talk to me, but I don't press. I glance behind her and notice that Dion's mother has her back towards us, watching her food over the stove and lean down to whisper into Angela's ear.

"I don't care if he's my best friend, I'll fucking kill him if I find out that he hurt you in anyway."

She immediately snorts and I'm happy to see her smile, something she really doesn't do anymore. Both her and Dion haven't really been the same since their miscarriage.

Angela puts the knife down on the cutting board and is instantly wrapping her arms around me. "Thank you," she mutters against my chest. "I'm okay."

I don't believe her for one bit, but I'm also not gonna force it out of her. She'll talk to me when she's ready, or she'll most likely go crying to my girlfriend, I'll force it out of her then.

After dismissing myself from the kitchen I head down to the basement where I find Dion and Ric sitting on the couch, their eyes glued to the television in front of them, a black controller in each of their hands, both of them yelling, not particularly at each other, just in general.

I thought about hounding Dion for a second about what was wrong with Ang, but then again I don't want to get into the middle of their things, they as hell don't get into mine, so I decide to let it go.

I quietly plop down on the small single couch that's positioned to the right of Dion, "you want in?" Dion asked, never once taking his eyes off of his game.

"Nah I'm straight, you heard anything from the guys yet?"

Both guys simultaneously shake their heads no.

"We're leaving in an hour, with or without them."

"You okay?" Dee quickly glances in my direction, then focuses back on his game.

I casually tilt my head to the side, "why wouldn't I be?"

Dion sighs heavily and pauses the game in front of him, he turns to his right. "You're agitated, you always tend to get like this when it comes to these types of jobs."

"Your point?"

He sighs again, "let me handle this, go home, get some rest, go hang out with Red, you already have so much on your hands, KP."

I shake my head silently, inhaling a deep breath, "I can not close my eyes without seeing him die all over again."

I look up at both guys in front of me, only Ric is doing everything in his power to keep his gaze away from mine.

"I have to fall asleep with my earphones in or with the tv on because I can't stand laying in the quiet anymore, all I hear are the godawful sounds he made as he choked on his own blood."

"KP-"

"You can handle it tonight, not because I can't, but because I promised Hailey I would behave. I won't get involved, but I need to be there, Dee, I need to see the fear in his eyes when I take the one thing he loves the most in this world."

"That wasn't the plan, Isaac-"

"Think you can handle that?" I stare Dion in the eyes, ignoring Ric's little statement.

Dion's lips slowly start to tug to the side, he scoffs, "this ain't my first rodeo, just say that word and it's done."

~~~

I eventually get impatient while waiting on Vincent and Albert and tell Ric to tell them that we'll just meet over there, seeing how there already out in the city, it made no sense to come back just to go back a few minute later. The Ripples actually a little passed the city, Brooklyn, it's about an hour, almost an hour an a half drive to get there. I really wasn't in the mood to drive, and seeing how Ric came in his bike the three of us loaded up Dion's Jeep and headed out.

It's a little passed eight o'clock when we finally pull up to the event and Albert and Vinny are already here. They've actually been waiting for about a half an hour now, I told them they could've gladly gone inside, that they didn't have to wait in Albert's truck, to just to lay low, but they insisted on waiting in the parking garage.

Ric hands me one of the two black wireless ear pieces in his hand, I take it and stick it into my ear as he hands Dion the second one. I let Dion fill Albert and Vin in on the new details for tonight and they instantly frown, looking just as confused as Ric did earlier, but they of course don't argue with it.

A couple minutes later were crossing the street walking towards the big warehouse where the event is being held. The light hum of the music soon starts to get louder and louder as we get closer to the building, until we're officially stepping inside of the empty warehouse and the music is now blaring.

For once I'm not in front walking ahead of the guys, I'm actually standing at the back, behind Vin and Albert as they walk behind Dee and Ric, on my phone. The guys come to a quick halt as were met by a sea of people all over the empty building. I take the opportunity to walk a head of the guys, shoving my phone back into my pocket, taking in the scenery.

There was people in every corner that you looked at, most of them were all huddled around the group that was currently dancing, it was a group of four girls, they were dancing to that Cardi b song, i like it.

There was about 5 long tables running off to the side with a few people sitting behind them, if I remembered correctly Ric said that those were basically like the captains/leaders from the dancing crew, they're the ones who pick and choose who makes the final cut.

"Hii," a group of girls walk by, one of them flirtatiously tracing her hand across my chest. I scoff loudly as I watch her turn around, beginning to walk backwards now, winking in my direction, then blowing Ric an air kiss who just so happens to be standing to the left of me.

Ric gulps deeply as he blankly stares at all the girls that are walking away, "t-there's a lot of half naked woman around here, KP."

I hear Dion and the other guys chuckle behind me and I snicker along with them while shaking my head.

"Listen up," I turn around to face them. "I want you guys to enjoy yourselves tonight, not you," I point at Dion, and he jokingly rolls his eyes while shaking his head. "No one is to leave this building, no one is to leave this level, do you understand me?" They all nod minus Dion.

"Spread out, find Camil, bring her to me, then y'all can fun, stay low. You," I smack the back of my hand on Ric's chest. "You're sticking with me."

"What- why me?" He whines as the other guys laugh and begin to walk away.

"Because YOU are the horniest out of the bunch, YOU need the most baby sitting."

"I beg to differ, we all know that Dion was the horniest out of the bunch before he got hitched."

I laugh, "shut up, Ric."

We walk deeper into the building getting a closer look at the dance crews, but making sure to keep our distance from anyone who might recognize Ric. It doesn't take long before Dion find's Camilla and is talking into the ear piece asking me where I'm at. He pops up about two minutes later with the devil herself, her same friend from earlier following closely behind Dion.

Dion releases her arm, shoving her in my direction and turns to walk away again. I don't let Camil leave my side until she points out who she needs to point out. I start to get a bit impatient after five minutes pass by and she still hasn't spotted her out. My patience is hanging on by a thin thread when she's quickly grabbing onto my arm, pointing ahead of us. "There! That's her, in the black."

I yank my arm away from Camilla looking in the direction that she's pointing too, and there she was, standing across the room, near the furthest table to the right. Although she was good couple yards away from where Ric and I stood you could easily see the resemblance to her brother.

She was tall, a bit taller than Hailey and Ang, but then again she was wearing some long black boots with heels on them. She was definitely comfortable in her own skin, she was in one of those sweaters that were cut in half, exposing her flat stomach. She had a nice body I'll give her that, but her hair mirrored every other girls in my school, it flowed down her back with like ten different shades of brown and blonde in it.

"Wow," Ric says under his breath. "She's kinda hot." I turn to him, quickly smacking him in the back of the head. "I'm just kidding, gosh!"

"Where's Gray?" I avert my attention back to Camilla.

"I don't know, I don't think he's here yet, but he'll be here, I promise. He never misses her performances, I swear, Isaac."

"What's her name?"

"Annalise."

I nod not saying anything else, when i hear Camilla starting to stutter beside me.

"A-are we good? Are we okay? Can I leave now?"

I nod again, "go home."

"What?!" She exclaims. "But I just got here!"

I quickly reach for her arm, pulling her into me so that I'm in her face, "and now I'm telling you to fucking go home!"

She grimaces from my tight grip on her arm, "y-you're hurting me," she cries.

"Go. Home."

Camilla nods her head rapidly, "let go, please."

I release her arm shoving her towards her friend and she quickly grabs her, "if I see your face around here your deal's off, Camil. Now leave."

She nods her head while rubbing her hand up and down her arm, where my hand was just at a few seconds ago, noting the red marks where my fingers had wrapped around. Her friend starts pulling on her other arm, begging her to leave with her and she does.

I turn my head to the left, where Ric just so happens to be standing at. He doesn't necessarily notice me staring at him though, he's completely memorized by what was happening in front of him, with the crew that's currently dancing.

I clear my throat while folding my arms in front of me, Patrick immediately starts to fidget around tearing his eyes off of the dance floor averting them down at the ground.

"Isn't that the group that recruited you?" I glance in Ric's direction. He nods looking back up. "You ever think about dancing still?" I ask and he quickly shakes his head no.

I turn away from him and turn my attention back to the group in front of us. I only recognized the stupid group because they would always wear some type of face mask over their mouth when they would preform.

My mind then quickly begins to wonder back to the days when Ric was actually interested in dancing, to the day that I took the one thing he actually cared about. It felt like so long ago when in reality it had only been about almost two years now.

Ric had just turned sixteen when I took everything from him, he was basically considered a man already, and his dad wanted him to be a little more involved with the family before he turned eighteen.

Ric has always been a like-able type of guy, he was smart, and I needed smart back in the day, I needed him to do certain things and he had started off strong, he was good with technology, but little by little the dancing started to get in the way.

He started showing up late to meetings, gatherings, or just flat out wouldn't show sometimes. And when he was around he was never focused, I eventually hit my breaking point one night.

I had to go out of town with my parents one weekend, but my dad still needed something to get collected and I asked him to let Dion handle it, to let him prove his worth, and got him to agree eventually. I asked Ric to go with Dion that night, I didn't want him to go alone, I always wanted my boys to have back up in case anything ever happened.

Ric never showed up, his practice lasted longer than it normally did and Dion just so happened to get jumped that night.

I was a whole different person two years ago, I was immature, an even bigger hot head than I was now, and the only thing that matter to me back then was myself and how I looked in my dads eyes, and Ric had just made me look bad.

But that wasn't the only reason why I had got upset, my best friend ended up getting hurt in the process because Ric had chose his crew over his own friends, he showed me that night were his loyalty really stood and things escalated after that.

What I told Hailey earlier wasn't a lie, but it wasn't necessarily the truth, I did make Ric choose between his dancing crew or his boys, but at the end of the day Ric didn't really have a say in the matter.

The night that I got back I went to go check on Dion and instantly lost my shit when I seen his face. I packed him up in my car and we went looking for Ric. Needless to say I lost my temper, I showed him just how ugly it could get if he ever went against me, if he were to ever let the family down, how he would be treated if he became an outcast, and it wasn't pretty. Till this day Ric, Dion and I are the only ones who know what really happened that night.

It took awhile to break him into the man he is now, and believe me he's still the biggest goof ball I fucking know, but I don't doubt his loyalty one bit anymore. Ric now jumps to the punch when I need help on something, no questions asked, he's always trying to prove his loyalty when I've already told him countless of times that he could stop, we were good.

"You should talk to Aj," I mumble beside me, Ric quickly turns around frowning. "You should give it another go, you made the team once I'm sure you can do it again," I tell him.

Ric's frown continues to deepen as he leans in a bit, "you feeling alright?" He places the back of his hand on my forehead.

I chuckle softly shoving it away, "you use to love dancing, Ric."

"Use to," he replies.

"Ric-"

"KP, just drop it!"

"Your birthday's in three months, Ric! You're not eighteen yet, you can still go for it, you can still get out."

"And leave you all alone with Dion?" He places a hand on my back. He scoffs, "what would you do without me then?"

"I think I'll manage," I snort.

Ric chuckles resting his hand on top on my shoulder, lightly shaking it, "I'm fine, KP, really."

"I should've nev-"

"Stop," his grip on my shoulder tightens. "Don't stress it, KP, you did what you had to do, right? I'm not trippin'" he smiles. "You better not let your dad know you're getting soft," he teases.

"Fuck you," I jeer.

"In all honesty, KP, you're gonna make one hell of a leader when the time comes."

I puff a bit of air out through my nostrils, placing my hand against my chest, "I- I think I'm gonna cry."

"You're a dick," Ric immediately snorts.

"Sorry, did I ruin the moment?" I chuckle.

He grins, "I was just trying to be nice."

"Yeah, sure," I tease him, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Check it out," Patrick inclines his head to his left. I turn to look in that direction and my blood is immediately fucking boiling, the good mood that I was just in is long gone now.

But there he was, Grayson Greco, walking into the warehouse, all alone with his phone glued to his fucking ear.

"Guess it's my lucky day," I turn to Ric taping my hand against his arm, pointing in Greco's direction.

"You think he's really alone? What if that's them on the phone?"

I shake my head glancing over at him, "we're on mutual grounds, Ric, he doesn't need a reason to be on high alert out here. Make sure that everyone's laying low, at least until the event is over, let's not give him a reason to call for back up."

"Sure thing, KP."

Ric turns to walk away and I quickly reach for his arm, causing him to come to a halt, "I mean it, Ric, keep your dick in your pants tonight." He laughs it off assuring me that he'll behave this one time.

About two hours later the event starts to die down and the warehouse starts to get emptier and emptier by the second, meaning the crowd is getting a lot smaller and harder to hide behind. I eventually round up the guys a few minutes later and tell them to start heading outside into their positions.

Ric and Vinny follow me out through the way we came in, careful not to get spotted out by anyone, as for Dee and Albert they sneak out through the back of the building.

Fifteen more minutes pass by and we're hanging out near the side of the building, as I smoke a cigarette, when I hear Dion's voice ringing in my ear through the small earpiece, "he's leaving, KP, they're in the alley heading in that direction."

"Got it," I respond.

I take one last swig of my cigarette and put it out, I whistle calling Ric and Vin back over to me, I had walked away to smoke alone but they weren't that far from me. They walk over in my direction and my lips quickly tug to the side as I throw my hood back over my head, "it's go time." I incline my head to the left, towards the alley, "Come on."

We start walking towards the opening of the alley with Ric and Vinny behind me, and instantly pick up on some soft voices as we get closer and closer. I stop once I've hit the middle opening of the alley but don't step inside yet, I look ahead of me to see Grayson and his sister walking in my direction, deep in conversation not having a clue as to what's about to happen.

I stand there quietly with Ric to my left and Vinny to my right, when Annalise finally looks up, noticing us first.

She instantly frowns coming to a stop, "Gray," she grabs her brother's arm causing him to stop as well.

"What?" He smiles turning to look at her, and she's immediately pointing in our direction.

"Who are they?"

Grayson's smile quickly vanishes and is now replaced with a stern look as our eyes meet each other, "no one," he grumbles. "Come on," he reaches for his sister's hand and turns to walk away in the other direction, but instantly comes to a halt when he see's Dion and Albert standing at the other end of the alley.

"Where you off to so quick, Gray?" I step forward, finally entering the dark alley.

The alley was actually in between two big buildings, the warehouse where the event was just at, and another unknown tall building to the right. The alley lead out into the street, but across it there was a small parking garage, where I'm about 97% sure that Grayson parked his car at, same place we were parked at. They must've came out through the back to be walking through the alley, because the front door leads straight to the garage, idiot.

Slowly but surely Gray eventually turns around to face me. I cautiously started making way over to them while his back was turned towards me, but still making sure to keep my distance.

"What do you want, Isaac?" Gray grits, his jaw clenching as he pushes his sister behind him, protecting her like a big brother should.

"Nothing," I smile. "I didn't get the chance to personally congratulate Annalise for making the team, I heard you made the cut right?" I glance behind him.

Grayson doesn't say anything, he glances back at his sister as she stares back at him, clearly terrified. She then nods finally averting her gaze in my direction, taking a couple steps away from her brother so that she's now standing next to him, rather than behind him.

I don't waste any time, I pull my gun out of my sweater keeping it pointed down at the ground. I take a few steps closer, officially standing a couple feet away from Grayson and his sister and to start to walk around them, circling them.

"You know, you're a better dancer than I would've thought," I wave my gun at Annalise, using it to talk.

Gray quickly goes into big brother mood and is instantly in front of his sister, shoving my hand away, "don't fucking point that shit at my sister!"

"So touchy touchy," I chuckle. "Relax Grayson, I'm not gonna shoot her."

I casually glance behind them for a quick second, watching Dion and Albert get closer and closer until they're a couple of feet away as well. Half a second later Annalise is crying out in pain as Dion grabs her by the hair, yanking it, pulling her away from her brother.

Grayson quickly reacts and reaches for his gun, immediately pointing it at Dion like I assumed he would, and I'm quickly pointing my gun at him.

"Let her go," he growls.

I move in closer on him, placing my gun against his temple, "drop it."

Of course he doesn't, being in this type of world they teach us not to be afraid when you have a gun pointed right at you, he keeps his gun trained on Dion's head as he hangs onto Annalise. I glance at Dion one single time and Annalise soon finds a knife pressed up against her throat.

"Are you really going to make me repeat myself?" I press my gun hardest against his head.

"G-Grayson," Annalise stammers, tears starting to run down her pretty face.

Her brother doesn't hesitate after that, he quickly places his gun on the floor, kicking it away from him.

"Good boy."

"She has nothing to do with this, leave her out of it, Isaac, let her go!"

I pull my gun away from his head only to pistol whip him with it and knock him over, "I don't give a fuck about her!" I shout, kicking him in the stomach.

"Grayson!" His sister cries from behind us.

Ric quickly makes his way over to Grayson on the ground, shouting at him to get up and he does, of course with Ric and Vin's help. I tuck my piece away as they hang onto him just like Verdino's men had hung onto me that night that they beat the shit out of me.

I mentally scoff to myself, if I would've known that things were going to get this ugly, then maybe just maybe I would've let fücking Miles live, and maybe then Fonz would still be here too.

I try my best to keep my anger at bay for Hailey's sake, but my blood immediately boils as I start to think more and more about Fonz, about how I watched this fücking scumbag take his life right in front of me, and I'm soon losing my temper in the next second.

My fist connects with his face about three times before I'm quickly pulling my gun back out and pressing it against his head, while his sister is crying behind me the whole time, begging me to stop.

I quickly take the safety off my gun, pressing it harder against his head, "just passing by my ass," I retort.

"Isaac, don't!" Dion shouts from behind me.

I ignore him.

"Come on, KP," Ric murmurs from beside me. "This isn't what we talked about."

I glance over to where he's standing, still hanging onto Gray, and although I really don't want to I slowly start to retract my gun away from him.

I wanted to pull the damn trigger though, god how I wanted to pull it so fucking bad. I wanted to spill his fücking brains all over the pavement, but I still had a promise to keep.

Instead I take a deep breath and snap my fingers, Dion pulls Annalise head back pressing his knife hardest against her neck and she immediately whimpers.

Grayson immediately starts shaking his head, "stop, Isaac, stop!" He attempts to get out of Ric's and Vinny's hold, but they have a pretty good hold on him. "She didn't do anything, please, it was all me, I'm who you want!" He says as the guys drop him down to his knees.

I walk around them so that I'm now standing behind Gray, "lie to her," I snarl leaning down, pressing my gun to the back of his head. I keep my voice at a low tone so that Annalise can't hear me. "Lie to her the same way I had to lie to him, tell her that everything's going to be okay."

Gray tears his glare away from me and looks over in his sister direction as she continues to softly cry, Dion still pressing his knife to her throat.

"Y-you're gonna be okay, Ann, this is all my fault, okay, but I'm going to fix it," his voice starts to get choked up. "I'm gonna get you home, you're gonna tell mom and dad that I'm sorry, okay?"

Annalise doesn't answer verbally, she sobs while nodding her head yes, her bottom lip quivering.

I stand up to my full heigh and look ahead of me, towards Dion as he patiently waits for my signal, and I give it to him, I nod one single time and he doesn't hesitate, not that I assumed he would.

Dion slides his knife across Annalise's throat, finally breaking her skin and blood is immensely pouring from her neck.

"Noo!" Grayson shouts, jerking forward again.

Dee releases his hold on Annalise and she staggers forward a bit falling down to her knee's, clutching onto her bleeding neck gasping for air.

"G-gra-y," she wheezes before falling over to the ground.

"Ann!"

He attempts to get away from the guys one more time and just like last time they instantly pull him back, but I'm quickly snapping my fingers to get their attention and instruct them to let him go.

Gray scrambles up to his feet and flies over to where his sister is laying the second Ric and Vin release him.

I don't care how tough or how bad you think you are, how much respect you got, whether you're in a gang or not, a man will always cry when they lose a special woman in their life, whether it's their mom, sister, girlfriend, wife, no man's that heartless.

Grayson falls down to his knee's inhaling a sharp breath as he stares down at his sisters lifeless body, instantly starting to breakdown.

"Oh god," he cries picking his sister's body up, holding her close to him. "I'm so sorry, Anna," he sobs.

I casually walk over to Gray and kneel down next to him as he continues to clings onto his sister's body, "how does it feel, Grayson? How does it feel watching the one you love bleed out?"

"I didn't order the hit you fücking asshole!" He shouts. "I was just following orders!"

"And so was Dion."

"I'm gonna fücking kill you," he snarls.

"If i had a dollar for every time I heard that," I immediately scoff. "Tell Verdino to add her to the list as well, and there's a lot more where that came from if he wants to continue playing this game."

I grab a handful of Gray's hair and yank his head back, my lips mere inches from his ear. "Killing you would have been too easy," I bring my voice down to almost a whisper. "I wanted you to know what it felt like to be helpless, I wanted you to feel how I felt that night," I snarl.

"Her death is on your hands," I release his hair and stand back up. "We're all done here, let's go."

I turn to walk out of the alley but I'm quickly turning back around a couple seconds later when I hear a gun shot go off behind me, instantly reaching for my own gun. I turn around to find Dion with his own gun in his hand, pointing it down at Grayson.

"What the fuck was that for?" I yell, pointing my gun at the now dead body a couple feet in front of me.

"He was gonna fucking shoot you in the fucking back!" Dee shouts.

I tuck my gun away staring down at Grayson dead body on the ground, not only find a bullet wound to the head but a gun clinging onto his right hand as well.

Where the fuck did he get that gun from?

I look up at Dion, "now how the fuck is he suppose to deliver the message?"

"Are you fucking serious right now?" he retorts. "I just saved your fücking life you dick head, the least you can do is thank me!"

I roll my eyes while shaking my head, "let's get the fuck out of here before the pigs show up, I'm sure someone heard your dumb ass gun shot."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313K 11.6K 45
"We said whoever eats the most pizza has to do the dare no matter how cruel or easy it is." This is just a glimpse of our sleepovers. Ivy and Autumn...
3.2K 222 33
๐™’๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™™๐™ค ๐™ž๐™› ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™›๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™– ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™– ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ ๐™š ๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™›๐™š๐™š๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™—๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™ฎ๐™š๐™™ ๐™—๐™ฎ ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š...
1M 29.7K 44
Book 1 of the Moretti Chronicles PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "The Girl Who Walked Into A Bar" โ€ข1st place General Fiction in Star Dazzle Awards โ€ขBest Plot Tw...
1.4M 39.6K 60
{Highest Rank: #21 in Teen Fiction, #1 in Comedy, and #10 in HighSchool} THE LAST 20 CHAPTERS HAVE BEEN REMOVED! THIS IS JUST A SAMPLE AND THIS BOOK...