The Devil Dancer

By minxyara

REMINDER: PLEASE READ AUTHOR'S NOTE BEFORE YOU START READING My name is Lalisa and I have a confession to mak... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
intermission
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty: Final

Chapter Twenty Five

7.3K 470 137
By minxyara

"Here. One set of Big Mac with extra fries. Just as you requested."

I glanced at the plastic of food that Taehyung just dumped on my lap in disinterest before looking back out of the car window.

Even burgers don't fascinate me anymore.

As if sensing my sour mood, Taehyung let out a dejected sigh before pulling the driver's car door shut and turned on the car radio, some kind of boy band now playing through the speaker.

After that I listened to him rifling through the contents of his own plastic bag, the material rustling about.

While he was busy fulfilling the end of our little deal in the restaurant, I had been instructed to sit still in the car which I used as a chance to calm myself and somehow managed to went through a few brief phases:

1. Anger

I was angry at Taehyung, for leaving me alone and unattended in the ballroom which led me into this huge mess that I just caused. I was angry at Yeri, for being rude to the server and also for throwing the food at me. And above all, I was angry at Jungkook, for doubting me and belittling me in front of everyone else as if I don't have any emotions.

2. Acceptance

I realized that whether or not if Taehyung was with me at that time, I would have reacted exactly the same way. I realized that if I had attempted to speak softly with Yeri, then maybe she wouldn't have thrown the food at me. I realized that Jungkook had the right to be mad at me since I'm the one who attacked her girlfriend physically first- although she was the one who provoked me but I just let it slide during the time what with trying to be accepting and all.

3. Sad

I feel sad because I actually cared.

And as if to make matters worse, I only realized that the laces on the front of my dress now was completely ruined. Completely. Now I have to pay a huge amount of money for a dress that I'm not even going to wear anymore.

"Look, I just want to say sorry about Yeri's behavior earlier.", Taehyung finally said over the low sound of guitars and piano to fill the stretching silence.

I turned to look at him in confusion.

"You believe me?"

He quickly nodded before reaching for his own burger and began unwrapping it, "I believe you. I grew up with her so I'm already used to her childish antics."

"So you're saying that she has been a bitch ever since she was a baby?"

At my colourful choice of words, Taehyung suddenly choked on his food before going into a short coughing fit.

"I'm saying that she can be quite a handful at times, but its actually more of her defense mechanism.", he managed out after recovering all the while patting slowly at his chest.

I just stared at him as he reached out for a drink from the driver's console area, "Defense mechanism from what?"

"Uh, let's just say that she tends to be very cautious with other people. Its also one of the reasons why Jungkook is protective of her like his little sister.", he answered nonchalantly after taking a sip of his drink.

I doubt that making a fuss over a small thing can be considered as 'being cautious' but I decided to let it go when something else registered in my mind.

Turning my body sideways to face him, I propped my left elbow beside the head rest of the seat, "Little sister? I thought she's his girlfriend?" I probably sound like a nosy ass neighbor right now but I don't exactly care.

For a second there, Taehyung seemed to be caught off guard by my question but he quickly masked it off before clearing his throat.

"Its complicated. Anyways, what about you? Are you sure you're okay?"

At the sudden reminder about what happened earlier, I feel my mood going down once again and simply shrugged at him as my hand casually grabbed for my abandoned food.

We were both currently in Taehyung's car that was parked gracefully on top of a hill right beside the McDonalds restaurant where he bought our food just now.

My phone has already chimed in with incoming messages multiple times already that I had to turn the thing off long before we arrived here courtesy of Taehyung's request. Although he didn't exactly voice it out probably because of the stormy expression on my face at that time.

"I'm fine. Its nothing, really.", I answered emotionlessly before taking a huge bite from the burger, the dripping sauce now getting everywhere onto my face.

Taehyung just watched me in amusement as he handed me a piece of napkin, "Well, if you say so. But I still feel sorry that the night had to end like this."

I send him a funny look while my hand was busy dabbing the cloth at my mouth, "Why would you feel guilty? Its not your fault."

"I mean considering how everything just went south tonight, I'm possibly now the worst date you ever had in your entire life."

He actually seemed perturbed by the fact for a moment that I had to resist from laughing at his face.

"Nah, I've had worse nights than this one before. Also just in case it makes you feel better, you're actually my first date.", and then after realizing that it doesn't sound quite right, I made sure to add, "That is, if we could even call this a date when you practically forced me into it."

I observed carefully as his face turned sheepish at the reminder before it changes to one of curiosity, "Wait a minute, this is your first date?"

"Yup."

"You mean, you've never had a boyfriend before?"

"Nope."

After scanning my face for any signs of deceit and not finding any, he leaned his back into the seat, "Wow."

My face expression from before still doesn't change, "What's with the 'wow'?"

"I mean, you just look so mature and easy going that I first thought...."

I raised my eyebrows expectantly as I waited for him to continue.

He scrunched his face up as if contemplating the right words, "Uh.. never mind. But hey, we actually just lost our dating virginity together."

Man, that sounded so wrong in my ears.

"Ugh don't tell me that you actually believed that?", I asked with a deadpanned look.

The guy just shrugged before turning to look at me thoughtfully, "A little. I've got to admit that sometimes all the things that Jimin said actually makes sense when you think more about it."

That's quite debatable but then they're best friends so I guess its normal for him to agree on whatever the other was saying.

"If you insist.", I ended up telling him instead and focused my attention back to my half finished burger as my eyes diverted back outside the car windows.

I was almost finished with my burger when I just thought about something.

"Hey Taehyung?"

My eyes still doesn't move from the night scenery when he answered with his mouth full, "Yeah?"

"Thanks for being there."

Silence.

And then....

"Anytime, Lisa."

I swear I could hear the smile just from his voice alone.

***

"Well, that was very..... interesting.", Jennie unnie said with one eyebrow quirked as she leaned her body backwards into the couch.

After Taehyung dropped me off merely an hour ago, I walked into our dorm room to find three other girls sitting in the living room in their pajamas looking all business-like.

My butt wasn't even touching the sofa yet before all of them started interrogating me with all kinds of questions.

I debated over it for a whole minute before finally giving in. Considering everything that just happened earlier, they probably deserves some kind of explanation from me anyway.

"Interesting doesn't quite cover it. Are you really telling us the truth?", Jisoo unnie urged.

I took in her serious expression for a second and let out a loud sigh, "Unfortunately, yes."

They were all quiet by the time I said that, probably still having a hard time processing everything that I just shared with them a few minutes ago.

Well, most of it anyways.

I mean, as much as I'm irritated with the elites right now or specifically Jungkook, I'm not really the kind of person to break their promise over such a simple matter.

Although I can't lie it actually took a lot of effort on my part to keep it in my head only.

Opposite me, Chaeyoung shot me an accusing look, "I can't believe you've been living with Kim Taehyung all this time."

"Correction. I can't believe that you have never bothered to tell us all this.", Jisoo unnie added begrudgingly.

I bit my lips at their sullen expressions when Jennie unnie leaned her body forward with both of her elbows supported by her knees.

"Yeah, why is that? I thought we always share everything with each other?"

Ugh she just had to use that guilt trip card, isn't she?

I can't help but avert my eyes away towards the ground which looks a whole lot interesting now, "I know. I'm very sorry guys. Its just, I'm not sure if it would be a good move considering how obsessed you guys are when it comes to them."

And how protective you guys are when it comes to me, I thought quietly.

"Excuse me, but I am so not obsessed with them."

I just stared at her blankly.

"Okay maybe a little bit. But its more to curiosity, I swear.", she defended while throwing her hands up.

Jisoo unnie scoffed playfully at her lousy excuse before turning her whole attention towards me.

"So? What are you going to do next?"

"Uh I don't know, just live my life as usual?", I asked unsurely with a weird look directed towards her.

The girl just rolled her eyes at me, probably taking my answer as some kind of sarcasm, "No silly, I meant about what just happened tonight."

"Oh.", I muttered shortly.

Wait. Now that she said it, weren't there like about 30 students from our school attending the ball?

And they all basically just witnessed me sinking my claws into the untouchable Jeon Jungkook's girlfriend who is a trainee from an entertainment company.

A professional entertainment company which prioritizes their artists' well beings.

A company that can also take a legal action towards me anytime soon.

And then there's also the cameras.....

Fuck, I'm so screwed.

Apparently my roommates are oblivious to my currently frantic inner thoughts as Chaeyoung suddenly voiced out cheerily, "Just for the record, you were absolutely amazing tonight."

"Oh my god yes! It was also about time someone stand up to that horrible girl.", Jennie unnie chimed in with distaste filling her voice while speaking about Yeri.

I raised my eyebrows at her face expression when I realized about something, "Wait a minute, you guys also know her?"

"She used to attend here with us. But thank God only for a short period of time though, because by then she got scouted by SM Entertainment."

I took notice of how their faces turned sour at the statement for a second but decided not to comment anything about it.

"Anyways!", Jisoo unnie exclaimed all of a sudden, "I can't say that I approve of your actions, but I sure am proud that you decided to defend the woman."

"Well yeah, I was drunk.", I reasoned lightly which earned me a dismissive hand from Jennie unnie.

"Whatever, she deserves it anyway. Seriously, I would have joined you right away if it wasn't for....", her words then trailed off as she eyed me unsurely.

"Jeon Jungkook.", I continued for her.

She just smiled at me apologetically, as if she regretted bringing it up.

"Yeah."

I returned her smile despite the feeling of my stomach churning at the reminder of what went down earlier.

Or basically just Jungkook's hurtful words.

Before I could mull over it again however, Jisoo unnie placed a hand on each of my shoulder and forced me to face my body towards hers.

"Hey listen here. Whatever happens after this, just know that we have your back alright?", she said in a reassuring tone as she looked at me determinedly.

I stared at her with a hesitant face for a while before letting my eyes scan over Chaeyoung and Jennie unnie who were also sporting the same comforting looks.

Taking in a deep breath, I released it slowly as I mustered a smile which I hope matched theirs well enough.

"Okay."

***

Author's Note: I tried searching for a picture of V sitting in a car and then I found this.

Imagine being that cute.

Anyways, believe it or not but the last chapter actually exceeded over 100 upvotes! Yes, it may not really be that much compared to other amazing books out there and yes, the chapter isn't even that great but it seriously means a lot to me so thank you very much for your support, each and every one of you ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

287K 8K 53
Two idols had a bitter past but she still has feelings for him. Can he define his feelings in the end? It has been a tough rollercoaster ride for the...
41.6K 1.1K 19
Izuku Midoriya and Katsuki Bakugo have been friends since diapers. One day there was an accident and shortly afterwards the boys were kidnapped and t...
Uninvited By SheHopes

Mystery / Thriller

2.2M 141K 40
[COMPLETED] When down on her luck, Abby Redding lands a position as the personal assistant for wealthy businessman Alex Carter, her first assignment...
137K 5.2K 19
(COMPLETED) where lisa found her ex-boyfriend, jungkook, on a dating app and swiped right. little did she know that swiping right means that you like...