The Devil Dancer

By minxyara

REMINDER: PLEASE READ AUTHOR'S NOTE BEFORE YOU START READING My name is Lalisa and I have a confession to mak... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
intermission
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty: Final

Chapter Twenty Three

7.2K 412 236
By minxyara

I have a big problem.

When I agreed to be Taehyung's date, I apparently have forgotten about the fact that I'm living with three other girls who were still clueless about my involvement with the elites.

This is one of those of moments where I would agree with my mother's comment about how slow her daughter is.

"Hurry up girls. The limo driver just texted me that he's arriving in 20 minutes.", Jisoo unnie announced as she waltzed past my opened bedroom door.

I paused from applying another coat of mascara and glanced at her brief reflection through the mirror.

Right on my bed, my phone has already chimed with incoming messages several times already which I assumed was from Taehyung.

He did asked me- No, he did told me that he wants us to go together after all which was basically the whole point of our agreement; for everyone to see that he brought a date.

And so here I am standing in front of the mirror since the past hour as I tried to figure out how to break the news to my roommates without mentioning about Jungkook's little secret.

Checking my minimal makeup for the last time, I nodded in satisfaction and was about to start finding the others when Jennie unnie barged out of her room.

"We have an emergency! My lucky bra strap just snapped!", she exclaimed in panic as she lifted the said undergarment up.

"What do you mean your bra strap just snapped?", Jisoo unnie asked with a frown as she stepped away from the sink.

"I don't know! It just snapped!"

"Well then tell your boobs to stop growing!"

"How do I- Never mind, I'm not even gonna ask.", Jennie unnie finally said before returning back into her room and leaving her door open, "Somebody help me stitch this thing back together!"

"Just wear one of your other Gucci bras!", Jisoo unnie shouted back from the kitchen.

"But I want my lucky bra!"

Silence.

And then I heard a chair screeching backwards from the dining table as Jisoo unnie began storming into her room, "This girl, I swear...."

Shaking my head at the scene just now, I slowly crouched down towards my bed to reach for my cell phone all the while making sure that my dress won't get wrinkled.

For tonight's occasion, I decided to rent a dress that I've been eyeing online for some time now much to my roommates' protest because they prefer the real shopping experience, waiting in line for hours and all that.

It was actually an off-shoulder wedding dress that was designed for a ball, but I was too busy being mesmerized with the beautifully laced bodice and also the sweetheart neckline that I didn't even think when I clicked on 'yes'.

Also about the renting thing, let's just say that I'm not exactly ready yet to waste that much money for just a dress even though there's still more than enough of them in my scholarship account.

After successfully grabbing my cell phone that was situated in the middle of the bed, I quickly turned it on.

Taehyung: Hey just wanna tell you that I'm probably going to be late so just take your time.
(Received 24 minutes ago)

Taehyung: Actually, I'm on my way now.
(Received 10 minutes ago)

Taehyung: Oh and Jimin said hi. Don't worry, he's not carpooling with us.
(Received 9 minutes ago)

I let out a sigh of relief before my eyes settled on the current time showing on my screen.

Shit, he could arrive here anytime now.

I walked out of my bedroom just in time Jisoo unnie let herself out from Jennie unnie's.

"Oh, you're already done. Can you please go check my phone if there's any new messages from the limo driver?", she asked while eyeing my freshly styled curls.

"Um about that... I already have a ride.", I muttered unsurely as I watched her face closely.

She raised her eyebrows at that.

"You do? Oh, are they those guys that you usually hang with during lunch?"

I bit my lips before shaking my head slowly as I realized that its either now or never, "Its not them. Actually, its-"

"I'm ready!"

Both of us turned to look at Chaeyoung who's donning a pink frilly gown with white crystals as she skipped out of her room towards us.

"What are you guys talking about?", she then inquired after seemingly sensing the weird atmosphere in the room.

I glanced back at Jisoo unnie before looking at her, "I'm not going with you guys tonight."

"You're not going with us?"

"Who's not going with us?"

We all then watched as Jennie unnie came out of her room before joining us all at the middle.

Great, a room meeting. This is what I want right?

I shrugged off the feeling of uncertainty inside me when Jisoo unnie answered for me, "Lisa already have a ride."

"A ride? As in, a date?"

"Lisa is dating with someone?"

"Is it a secret relationship?"

"Are you possibly dating with a lecturer?"

"Unnie, that's such an idiotic thought and just plain wrong.", Chaeyoung drawled as she gives Jennie unnie a judging look.

The other girl was quick to defend herself, "What? I have my imagination."

As they started to bicker and come up with more and more assumptions, I feel a headache starting to form in my head and closed my eyes before accidentally yelling, "Its Kim Taehyung!"

Silence.

I waited for a total of 5 seconds before opening my eyes again just in time to see the girls looking totally shell shocked as they stared at me with their mouths agape.

Jisoo unnie was the first one to recover, "You're dating with that jerk?"

"No, I'm not dating with him.", I quickly intercepted before they could make even more conclusions.

"Wait. How did you know him?"

"And why are you keeping it a secret?"

"Lisa.. Are you pregnant?", Jennie unnie then asked with a very serious face.

I was still flabbergasted with her incredulous question when Chaeyoung choked on her breath.

"What? It can also be a possibility."

"No, we're not in a relationship. And no, I'm not pregnant.", I sent a pointed look at Jennie unnie who threw her hands up in surrender, "Its just.... Its very complicated, I don't really know how to say this."

"Its okay, you can take your time.", Jisoo unnie finally spoke out after being quiet for a while.

I stared at the floor and bit my lips as I contemplated on where to start.

And then my phone started ringing.

Seeing Taehyung's name flashing on the screen, I sent the girls an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry guys, but I really have to go now. I promise that I will tell you all about it later."

Reaching for my purse on a sofa nearby, I quickly bid them goodbye without bothering to wait for their reply and began making my way to the elevator, my heart less heavy.

***

"Remember, try to avoid from answering any kind of questions and make sure to stick together with me as much as you can.", Taehyung whispered to me for the umpteenth time tonight after we successfully escaped from the eager reporters at the front entrance.

I sighed at his reminder and quickly nodded my head in understanding as we began making our way together inside the ballroom, my arm tucked tightly between his.

Scanning the place slowly, I tried so hard not to be affected by the stares and whispers that I'm pretty sure were directed towards me and instead tried to focus my attention on the extravagant decorations and the super huge stage where a band was now currently playing some sort of classical song to set the mood.

My eyes then stopped at Jimin's figure a few feet away from me as he listened to whatever his date was saying with fake interest when his eyes flitted to mine.

His face immediately lighted up in acknowledgement before he started saying something to the girl and began sauntering his way towards us in no time.

"Well, if it isn't Kim Taehyung and his date."

I rolled my eyes at his exaggerated tone while Taehyung just snickered, "That was so lame."

Jimin then shrugged nonchalantly, "What? You finally lose your dating virginity, of course I have to say something."

"Dating virginity?", I sputtered with an incredulous look.

"Yup, its when someone got a date for the first time.", he explained in a very serious tone as if its the most popular fact known to human kind.

My face still doesn't change, "Dating virginity doesn't exist."

"Nope, it totally does. In fact, I learnt that actually almost every action in this world has virginity entitled next to it."

"Now you just don't make any sense."

The guy just smirked at me, "Believe me sweetheart, my senses work just fine. Especially my sense of humor."

I stared at him blankly as I began contemplating whether to ignore him or to correct him when another figure entered my vision.

"I heard someone mentioned the word 'virginity'."

Jimin immediately whipped his head to look at the person before pulling him into a bro hug.

"Seo Joon hyung! Its been so long, man.", he said when they finally disentangled themselves from each other.

Huh, I wonder why that name sounded familiar.

Stretching my head slowly, I finally dared myself to take a clear look at the guy while he shook Taehyung's hand when my eyes widened.

"You're the actor."

The said guy who seemingly to finally realize about my presence then turned his attention to me.

His eyes scanned my appearance for a few seconds before they settled on my hand that was still clutching Taehyung's arm.

"Yes, the one and only. I assume you're their friend?", he asked as he darted his eyes between all of us unsurely.

I glanced at the elites' amused faces before simply nodding my head, my brain still couldn't wrap around the fact that I'm standing in front of my favourite drama's main actor.

At that, the guy smiled politely at me and extended his hand, "Well hello, I'm Park Seo Joon, but you can call me Seo Joon oppa."

I wasted no time to grab his hand enthusiastically before returning a smile of my own, "Hi, I'm Lisa.", I said while trying so hard not to show my giddiness.

We were still shaking hands when Jimin suddenly exclaimed in disbelief.

"I can't believe this! She actually just went all gooey eyes in front of you when all this time I thought that she's immune to boys!"

Seo Joon oppa just laughed at his outburst, "Maybe she's just immune to you."

"Huh, if that was the case then she's simply crazy."

"And she's standing over here.", I reminded him after pulling my hand back before giving him an unimpressed look.

The jerk doesn't even look fazed as he was busy comforting himself over his wounded pride.

Just then, we heard a commotion coming from the front entrance as a lot of other people who I recognized as students from the academy began rushing past us to take a look at the newcomers.

"Its Kim Yeri from SM rookies!"

I furrowed my eyebrows at the mention of the familiar name as my eyes followed their movements.

Yeri. Why do I feel like I've heard this name before?

As if hearing my thoughts, Taehyung spoke beside me, "Oh, Jungkook's here."

Sue me, but my heart actually skipped a beat.

And then just like being summoned, the devil slowly showed himself among the huge mass of people near the door with a frown intact on his face, probably after being shoved around by the reporters.

However, what caught my attention this time wasn't how handsome he looked in that black tux, but the girl beside him.

"Who is that?", I asked to no one in particular.

The girl was actually very pretty, she looks just like one of those beauty ambassadors of skincare products that you usually see in popular commercials, you know those women with silky smooth skins and soothing voices who perhaps doesn't even have a single flaw on their body.

In fact, now that I look at her, she's probably one of them.

My eyes continued their perusal as I took in her beautiful French twist and her sparkling red dress which seemed to outdo everyone else's in the place while she took her time strolling inside on her 8 inch heels when they caught Jungkook's smoldering gaze across the room.

Tonight, the little brown flecks in his eyes actually appeared to be a lot brighter courtesy of his sleek red tie whereas his usual disheveled hair was slicked back nicely, leaving his strong prominent features out for everyone to see.

He looks plain... gorgeous.

We were still locked in our own little staring contest when Taehyung spoke beside me, reminding me about my previous question.

"That.", I slowly exhaled before willing myself to tear my eyes away, "That is Jungkook's girlfriend."

***

Author's Note: The real fun has only begun, yeorobun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.5K 876 44
Kim Lalisa is a girl from Thailand. A girl with a beautiful and the kindest heart. She has an excellent business degree. But at last, sometimes bad...
125K 4.9K 26
π˜Ύπ™€π™’π™₯π™‘π™šπ™©π™šπ™™ " Legend Says that if you write the name of the person you love on a blue paper crane and carry it with you where ever you go, the...
598K 13.2K 31
"Y/n, you don't have to worry about that. I will always be here for you," he explained. "Thank you Five," I whispered, hugging him. β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”βžΆβ”β”β”β”β”β”β”...
572K 20.7K 68
Lisa and Jungkook had a good relationship with each other. They were both in love with each other but one day Lisa find out she was just a Playboy's...