The Truth (Mommy's House 2)

By z0mbies

(MOMMY'S HOUSE SEQUEL, CONTAINS SPOILERS) An officer named James is working on the case of a deranged woman w... More

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six
Part Seven
Part Nine
Part Ten
Part Eleven
Part Twelve
Part Thirteen
Part Fourteen
Part Fifteen
Part Sixteen
Part Seventeen
Part Eighteen
Part Nineteen
Part Twenty
Part Twenty-One
Part Twenty-Two
Part Twenty-Three
Part Twenty-Four
Bella's Experience
Part Twenty-Five
Epilogue

Part Eight

43.2K 3.1K 3K
By z0mbies

"The blonde girl is named Eleanor McCullen, she's thirteen," Liv told me as we looked in the window at the terrified girls who sat in the office. "The brown haired girl is Crystal Allen, and she's twelve."

I watched as the girls leaned up against each other, both of them wrapped in wool blankets.

"Those names sound familiar," I said, furrowing my eyebrows.

"That's because they are. Their kidnapping was broadcasted all over the news, too, around two years ago," Liv informed me.

I inhaled sharply. "I don't want to go in there, I'm almost... afraid of what those girls are going to tell me. I can't take anymore of this."

Liv grabbed onto my shoulders and stared into my eyes. "James, you have no clue how incredible it is that you were able to find them. They've been been looking for two years with no luck, who even knows where they've been," she told me.

"We found them, not just me," I corrected her. "Without your strength we would be no where."

Her cheeks flushed and she laughed. "You're too kind, James. Now go in there and get some answers, okay? You can do this."

I cleared my throat and nodded before walking into the room. The girls both flinched at the sound of the door opening. They stared up at me, their eyes wide and their fingers trembling.

"Hi," I said softly. "I'm James, it's nice to meet you both."

They didn't say anything, they remained pressed against each other in fear.

I took my notepad out and sat in front of them carefully, making sure that I didn't make any quick movements. Their dark eyes followed my every move.

"Eleanor, Crystal," I said with a warm smile. "I hope you don't mind, I just want to ask you some questions if that's okay."

"Maybe... can- can we please have a girl talk to us?" the girl, Eleanor, asked with a rocky voice.

"Instead of me?" I asked, and the girls both nodded.

"I-I'm sorry, don't be mad, I- I just... We... I don't know, I'm sorry," Eleanor continued to stammer, and I stood up.

"You don't have to apologize," I told them softly. "I'll go and get my coworker, Liv. It was nice meeting you both," I gave another gentle smile before standing and walking out of the room.

I moved down the hallway to Liv's office, where she sat, talking to Jared.

"What happened?" Liv asked, looking up at me from her desk. "That was fast."

"They want you to talk to them instead," I told her. "I think... I think they might be scared of me, which I understand."

"What'd you do to scare them off, Jamesy?" Jared asked with a laugh, and I looked at him.

"Nothing, they're scared of men because of the horror they've been through by God knows how many of them," I spat, and Liv stood up.

"I got it. Jared, why do you have to be so unpleasant?" Liv asked with a roll of her eyes.

"Wow, she's acting feisty today," Jared said while brushing his fingers through the stubble that lined his jaw.

Liv ignored him and walked out of the room, while I was about to turn around, Jared stopped me.

"Hey, wait a minute, James," Jared called.

I bit down on my lip in frustration before turning to him. "Yes, Jared?"

"Congrats on finding those girls, man," Jared said, standing and patting my shoulder.

"Okay?"

"Did you ask for a raise?" he asked.

"Fuck off, Jared," I turned around and reached in my pocket to grab my keys.

"Where are you going?" he asked, following me into the hallway.

"To visit the boy Elliot, he woke up from his coma a few days ago," I answered.

"That's where you're going on your lunch break?" he asked with a bout of laughter.

I ignored him, not willing to deal with him. I walked out the glass doors of the office and into the parking lot to drive to the pediatric hospital.

When I entered his hospital room, I knocked gently on the door, catching the attention of a woman sitting at his bedside. She was beautiful, with dark skin and curly obsidian hair. She was staring at the young boy who was resting peacefully.

"Hi," I said gently, and the woman stood up with a curious expression on her face. "My name is James Rocklin. I'm an FBI officer working on Elliot's case. I just wanted to come in and see how he was doing."

"Oh," the woman said with a smile, reaching out to shake my hand. "I'm Jasmine, I'm Elliot's mother."

I smiled. "It's a pleasure to meet you. How's he holding up?"

The woman stared at Elliot, bringing her fingers gently through his light blonde hair that looked almost white beneath the fluorescent lights above him. His cheeks were flushed and he appeared fairly healthy considering his previous condition.

"He's good, yeah. Just resting up," Jasmine said with a gentle smile.

I walked over to Elliot and noticed a tear slip down Jasmine's eye as she stared at him.

"My husband and I learned that we couldn't have any more children back in '76. I was devastated... you know. I just wanted another baby, after my two were starting to get so big."

I nodded, watching her pull her hair behind her ear.

"So I said if we're adopting, I want a baby that looks like me. But we went to that adoption agency and I saw him..." tears continued falling down her cheeks and she sniffled. "he needed me. I knew that my baby Elliot needed me. He was just a baby, but he was already mine the second I looked into those eyes."

I smiled and looked down at Elliot.

"Seven years later, I almost lost my baby boy," she shook her head and I couldn't help the tears that pricked my eyes. "I'm a failure," she whispered.

"You are not a failure," I informed her. "He's safe now, and that's what's important. I would give my life to make sure nothing touches these kids again."

Her big, dark eyes, filled to their brims with tears, stared into mine. The machines connected to Elliot beeped, filling the silence as she struggled, trying not to cry.

"I definitely learned my lesson," she said quietly, "I'm driving him to school from now on. I'll go to work late every day if that's what it takes. He's never leaving my sight."

I was about to say something, but Elliot began to open his eyes. He stared up at me, clearly confused.

"Mommy?" he asked groggily, and Jasmine locked her fingers around his.

"Yes, baby, I'm here. This is James, he's an officer who wanted to check up on you," Jasmine said, her tone filled with warmth.

Elliot's eyes looked into mine.

"I'm going to be okay, right?" Elliot asked, his voice small as he looked at me.

"Yes," I smiled. "You're safe and sound now."

"Where is Cole?" Elliot asked, and I was a little surprised by his question.

"He's been talking about that boy Cole that was with him," Jasmine explained. "They must have gotten close while... you know."

"Oh," I said with a nod. "He's doing well, too. I'm sure you can see him soon if that would be all right with you and your parents."

"Yay!" Elliot smiled, and I smiled as well.

He was so filled with life, my stomach twisted at the fact that anybody would ever want to hurt him.

"I missed my Mommy while I was away, James," Elliot said, holding his mother's hand tightly. "My real mommy. Not the fake, mean lady."

"I know, buddy. I'm happy you're back with your family now," I told him. "You're a strong boy, you know that?"

"I know that," Elliot said, excitement in his tone.

"Good, I'm glad-"

I was cut off when a nurse clad in bright scrubs walked in. She smiled brightly at Jasmine and me before turning to Elliot.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Elliot. How are we feeling today?" she asked.

"Good!" he exclaimed, and while the nurse and Elliot were speaking, I walked over to Jasmine.

"I'm going to head out. Please let me know if you need anything at all, okay?" I asked her, and Jasmine looked at me with a large smile.

"Okay," she said, before suddenly wrapping her arms around me.

I recoiled in surprise before returning her hug. She sniffled into my shoulder before pulling away.

"Thank you so much, James," Jasmine said through joyful tears. "My baby boy is back with me, and I couldn't be happier."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.2K 2.2K 27
She was found outside her house "How did I get here" she thought and suddenly the thoughts came running in The blood The chains The horrors "MUM...
7.9K 641 16
A school trip goes wrong when a class gets lost in the woods and stumbles upon a strange "family" living deep within them. ___________________ 2023 I...
96.6K 6.1K 32
(THIRD BOOK IN MOMMY'S HOUSE TRILOGY, CONTAINS SPOILERS) The case of the woman who kidnapped three children in 1983 has been solved... or has it? It...
2.1K 379 27
This story is about a girl who has recently lost both her parents and had moved in with her best friend, whose mother decided to take her in. Also he...