frostbite β†’ JACK FROST βœ“

By dprandall21

π…π‘πŽπ’π“ππˆπ“π„. ❝ the ice that surrounds his fingertips is still everything that makes his hear... More

f r o s t b i t e
e p i g r a p h
p r o l o g u e
z e r o
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
e p i l o g u e
a f t e r t a s t e

t e n

1.1K 67 20
By dprandall21

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍
—𝚗𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟹—

     𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐄𝐓 in the Mason household after Melody finished speaking. Jude didn't chirp, sleeping peacefully in the hood of Frost's blanket that rested on the brunette. The snow outside couldn't be heard over the crackling fire, or over Melody's heavy breathing. She could hardly believe what she had read, and simply didn't want to believe it in fear of the truth. Because no matter what the girl wanted, she couldn't stop fate.

"That's the trouble with everything good that comes along," Miri speaks smoothly, not surprised in the least at Melody's announcement. "They are never good for long and there's always a catch that destroys you. But possibly that catch can be for the better."

"How can it be better when I'm going to lose the only person that understands me?" Frost asks, weaving his fingers through his hair. "I was hoping that maybe there was a chance we could dodge this."

"You can only accept the cards that you are dealt, Frost." The woman says to her son.

"I'm not sure if I can do this," Frost shakes his head. "Mel, I can't lose you."

"But you'll have your life back," Melody argues. "Just this morning I was the one saying how you shouldn't do it, now look how the tables have turned. You know that everyone will be better off this way. You'll finally get the chance to start fresh."

"I should be doing that with you."

"There are more things at stake than us," Melody swallows back her pride. "There's something bigger here, and you know that we can't just ignore it. You know what we must do, Frost. For the good of Westbrooke."

"I think it's time that you children save Westbrooke," Miri stands, pulling her son to his feet and into her hands. "I'm so proud of you, Frost. Always remember that, my sweet boy."

"Mother, how am I supposed to do this?" He asks quietly. "I'm not sure if I can live without seeing her."

"No one said that you couldn't see her," she responds with a light chuckle. "Find a way to check up on her every now and then. But just know that sometimes the safest thing is to let her go."

With one last kiss to his mother's forehead, Frost steps to the door. Miri pulls Melody into a quick hug. "Good luck out there, dear. I know, somehow, someday, you'll find your way back to him."

"Thank you for your kindness," Melody holds her tight. "I hope to see you again, Miri Mason."

"And I, you."

---

Making their way to the top of the Snow Peak Mountains was easier said than done, and Melody had an even harder time due to the continuing snow. Frost tried to get her there quicker, but couldn't be of much help as he'd wanted to. Then again, he didn't want to go too quick. Frost wanted as much time with her as possible.

Once reaching the cave that Frost called home, Melody sinks to the floor in utter exhaustion, running a hand down her face. "That's my workout for the year. Now, where's that spell you speak of?"

Frost pulls out the crumpled piece of paper, and Melody hands him the geminite necklace. However, he doesn't take it, only pulling her up to lead the girl farther into the cave. "I dread this, Melody. I have for a bit now."

"And you don't think I do?" She raises her eyebrows. "I have but one friend, and he's a rare sight to see now. You are the only, Frost. And after that, my life will go back to the way it was before."

"I will come back for you one day," he assures her. "And I can meet your parents, and they can know . . . and maybe we can leave together."

"You'd be willing to give up your freedom to me?"

"If you couldn't tell, I'd do anything for you," Frost points out. The boy comes to stop at a groove in the cave, where a large table-looking shard of ice stuck out.

"Wait, Frost, how did your touch not freeze your mother?" Melody asks, staring down at his icy footprints.

"I'm not sure," he shrugs. "I've asked her before, but she's never given me an answer."

When getting to the ice shard, Melody places the geminite on the surface next to the other crystal that rests there; the one Frost's father had mined so many years ago.

"Perhaps the crystal made her immune to your powers," Melody suggests.

"She had it placed away while she was pregnant. Mother worked so much, and she told me she was always fearful of losing it."

"I was hoping it could've spared me during the spell," the brunette sighs. "I guess we'll just have to face this, huh?"

Setting down the piece of paper in his hands, Frost moves forward and pulls Melody into his arms. "You'll be fine without me, Mel. You know that, right? You have so many people that care about you, even if you don't see it."

"I don't want to lose you, things won't be the same," she holds him, placing her head on her chest as her bottom lip trembles. "No one will understand me like you can. I can't say goodbye."

"Then don't," Frost says, ignoring Jude as he climbs from the hood on Melody. "Just think of it as a 'see you later', okay? I'm making a promise to you that I'll come back one day, and we can leave all of this behind."

"But until then, I won't remember everything we went through together," the girl cries, pulling him closer. "I will have nothing to remember you by."

"You will." He promises, moving back to take her face in his hands. "We will be together again."

And then, his lips were on hers again. It was a soft kiss, but one that was fueled by fear and led on by the promise that they would be reunited once more someday, somehow. Just like Miri had accounted.

Frost goes to stand across from Melody, allowing the girl to take the paper in her hands, and taking the geminite into his.

"I'm going to miss you, Frost Mason," Melody speaks clearly, past the tears that stream down her face. "And your blue eyes that I lose myself in every day."

And with that, she looks to the paper, and begins to read what lies in cursive.

"Restore upon us what we have lost, and grace our presence with everlasting seasons. Take back what has once been done, and make this land right again."

In one quick rumble, the Snow Peak Mountains were wiped free of snow, and the sun had once again shown through the clouds and onto the ground. Grass bloomed from beneath the fading sheets of white, and flowers blossomed.

Melody and Frost were knocked backwards at the force of the crystals exploding into dust. The ice in the cave around them disappears into thin air, lifting the magic from within Frost. Melody watches as his body floats into the air, waves of blue erupting from his heart. Slowly but surely, she could feel herself growing drowsy.

The magic in the air swirls in patterns, finding Melody through the floor. It flows through her veins, turning her hair white, before obtaining the air once again. And then, as if a finger were snapped, her eyes were closed, and she was back in her bed once again.

With a wiped memory of Frost and of the tales told of him, the people of Westbrooke fell into a slumber that would only break by the morning. However, Frost was wide awake.

Darting to his feet, the boy stands with wide eyes, staring down to his hands. His body was warm, and the cave around him was simply a cave— no icicles hanging from the ceiling, nor was there any trace of snow. Jude was now a bright blue bird, chirping lightly on Frost's shoulder.

But thankfully, Frost had his bright blue eyes and his white hair.

Because that, like his fondness for Melody, was something that would never go away; even after Westbrooke was restored.

T H E   E N D .

_______

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50K 1.5K 50
In a far away kingdom called Arendelle was born a girl that was called princess Elisabeth Rose Winters or Elsa, Elsa was born with ice magic so great...
1.8K 111 21
"You must discover life on your own. What you'll experience can't be taught with words, it can only be lived." My mentors' words rang softly in my ea...
121K 3.6K 25
It had been years since Jack became a Guardian. Pitch Black was defeated and every kids believe in the Guardians again. Jack also has all of his memo...
3.5K 122 11
if you plan to read this here are some things you should know this is after the events of frozen and before the events of rise of the guardians. jack...