Mistaken Identity✔

By jollyreaderjennell

Kalliyah's twin sister, Alliyah decides to have an affair with an older man. The affair led to Alliyah gettin... More

Copyright ©
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
My Other Books

Chapter 11

16.1K 794 41
By jollyreaderjennell

    I smiled as he moves his head, his lips were just a few inches away from mine. His light brown eyes staring into my grey ones. His lips twitched showing a small smirk. At that exact moment, my heart skipped a beat. I returned his smile then wrap my hands around his neck. I pulled his head towards mine making his lips touch mine. I kissed him slowly then he responded by pulling me closer and kissing me deeper.

   Our tongues danced as we held on tight to each other afraid to let go. I pushed away for a second to catch my breath. I looked into his lust filled eyes as they darkened. I couldn't tell what I was seeing but maybe, just maybe, I saw a bit of love in them.

   Smiling, I dragged him back into my embrace, our lips meeting again. A sound that came from his throat, but he didn't pull away, he pulled me closer instead. He seemed to be enjoying the kiss as much as I was. I lifted his hands from my waist and placed in on my thigh. I shivered at his touch since I was ticklish at that spot. 

  I giggled in the kiss.

   Pulling away from me, he looked deep into my eyes, his brown eyes never leaving mine.

  I smile.

  This was a great feeling.

   To be in love.

   Alexander touches my arms and starts shaking me. I looked up into his eyes shocked, needing an explanation. He pushed my shoulders some more.

   "Wake up, Kalliyah. You have to wake up."

I groan and look at him. What is he talking about? I'm wide awake. Looking into his beautiful eyes.

He shakes my body again, "Wake up." He hissed his teeth then moved away from me. He gave me a sad look and walked away.

"No!" I shouted, "Come back."

   I jumped up and slowly opening my eyes, my heart beating a mile a minute. When I vision became clear I saw the light brown eyes staring down at me.

   "I was just about to get some cold water." Alexander's voice registered in my brain causing me to rub my eyes again. "I've been trying to wake you for the last five minutes."

   I rub my eyes and yarn my mind still not understanding what is going on. I look down, I'm on my bed cover with my blanket. I'm wearing my nightie. The same nightie I put on last night before I went to bed.

   Everything came flushing back to me. I moved away from Alexander to the other side of the bed. The further away I got from him the better.    

  I was dreaming about him for God's sake and it wasn't even a regular dream. It was a dream of him kissing and touching me. This was not good. Not good at all.

"Are you up now?" he asked his voice sounded a little hoarse.

   I nod, "Yea. I think so." I frown at the sound of my voice. It sounded croaky. "What are you doing in my room?" I asked when I noticed he was still hovering over my bed.

   "Well, Henrique has been crying for the last ten minutes." I raised my brows at him because I didn't hear any cries. "I gave him something to occupy his time. But I was working, and he continued so I came to check if you're alive."

   I raised my hands, "I'm alive but I didn't here Henrique crying at all." I frown. Normally when Henrique cries I could hear it from my room or even through the walkie talky and I would go to him immediately. I didn't hear anything, not one sound like while I  was sleeping.

  "You must be really tired." He states.

   I shake my head, "No. I'm not." I felt perfectly fine. The only problem I had was that the man I was just dreaming about was hovering over me.

  "Well, I'll keep Henrique until you shower and eat breakfast." He nods at me then turn to leave. He closes my bedroom door behind him.

I held my hands to my chest at my pounding heart.

  I can't believe I was dreaming about Alexander. So far in the dream that I didn't even notice that Henrique was crying.

What the hell is happening to me?

   Never in my twenty-six years of life have I ever dreamed about a man now I'm here dreaming about Alexander freaking Carter!

  I rolled to the edge of my bed and stand. I start walking over to my bathroom. I looked in the mirror at my face. I frown at how my hair looked. It was all over the place. My eyes bigger and my nose was red.

  How could he hover over me without a frown on his face?

   I walked to the face basin and turn on the pipe to wash my face. I catch some water in my hands then throw it on my hair then sigh. That water won't do my hair any justice. I took off my nightie and my underwear and then went under the shower. Normally I showered with warm water but today was different. I need to the coldness of the water to bring my back to my senses. I turn the handle of the pipe and the cool water touched my skin. I jumped at first but after I could just to it, I place my whole body under the water.

   I needed this. I need to get whatever thoughts of Alexander that was linking in my brain out. I should not be thinking about my nephew's brother.

  Even if he is nice, hardworking, handsome and charming.

  No, no, no.

........

   I sneeze and rub my eyes then look at the baby in my arms.

   "Henry, baby. Why won't you sleep?" I looked at him dolefully. I've been trying to put him to bed for over an hour now, but I've been failing miserably. I had no idea what was wrong with him. He was crying and that made me want to cry too. I was completely clueless about what to do.

   I pat his back and rock him, but the crying doesn't stop.

   I felt a tear falling from my eyes.

   I let out a sigh.

    "Is everything okay?" I didn't have to turn to know that Alexander was standing behind me, but I did so I could see his warm brown eyes.

   He walked over to me when he realizes that tears were falling from my cheeks, "What's wrong?"

   I sniffed, "I don't know. He won't sleep, and he keeps crying." I sob then look down at the baby who looked like he was in distress.

    Alexander reached out and place his hands-on Henrique's forehead. "He's burning up, He has a fever. I'll go call the doctor." Alexander turned, leaving me in the room.

   I let out a loud sob. I am such a fool. I didn't even check his temperature to see his he was okay. I would make a terrible mother if I got the chance to be one. I didn't know anything about babies. I was completely clueless when it came to these things. 

  I bent my head and start crying.

     "I spoke to the doctor, he'll be here soon." I continued crying not registering his words. He walked over and bent in front of me.

   "What's wrong?"

    "I couldn't even tell he was ill. What kind of person doesn't know these things? I told you before I came here I knew nothing about babies and you still forced me. What if you hadn't come, he'd probably just." I sobbed louder.

  Alexander sighs, "Give him to me."

    Without lifting my head, I place the crying baby in his hands. He pats my back, "Come on let's go down to the infirmary and wait there for the doctor to come."

   I hesitated before standing but I kept my head down.

   I couldn't bear to hear Henrique's soft cries.

   "There is nothing wrong with not knowing these things, you didn't go to medical school."

   I shake my head. "It doesn't take a genius to check the temperature of someone."

   He sighs, "Henrique is going to be okay. The doctor is on his way. Everything will be okay." He walked already of me whispering soothing words to the baby.

  I wiped the tears from my face and follow behind him. Crying wasn't going to make Henrique feel any better and it wasn't going to make me feel better either.

   When I was younger I never got sick, neither did Alliyah so I didn't know much about sickness. Even as an adult if I didn't feel too well, I'd just take a pain killer. I didn't have enough money for the hospital and I didn't even have health insurance.

   I tried my best to not look like a reck but fixing my clothes and hair.

   I sat at the same spot I did a few weeks ago when my hands were cut while Alexander sat in a chair beside the bed.

   "He's gonna be fine. He's probably just teething." I watch as he lightly rubs Henrique's back. He knew so much, and I didn't know anything.

   The doorbell rang, and I raised my eyebrows. The doctor knew security code? How often did people here get sick?

  I stand from the bed, "I'll get it."

   I walked out of the room and start making my way towards the door. I opened the door and a beautiful blonde was standing in front of me, her face held a smile and her grey eyes sparkled. She wore jeans and a tank top, if it wasn't for the medical kit in her hands then she'd look like a model. I gave her my best fake smile and let her in. I wasn't in the mood.

  "Alex said that the baby was sick." She states as she continues to walk.

  "He is."

  She turns her head looking around the house. "Where is he anyway?"

   "In the infirmary." I watched how she walks, her hips moving from side to side. She turns and made her to the infirmary. She was so familiar with the place it had me curious.

  Didn't Alexander say the doctor was a he?

  Why is there a she here?

  "Hey, big boy." She states as she walks in the infirmary.

   I watch as Alexander head lift and when he saw the blonde his face lit up. That the happiest I've seen him since I've been here. His face didn't even lid up like that for Henrique, especially not for me.

   He stood from his chair and went to hug her, Henrique still in his arms, "Britney, it's so good to see you again. Where is your father? I was expecting him." So, Britney was the doctor's daughter, interesting.

  "It's good to see you too. It's being forever." They pull away from the hug, "Daddy couldn't make it, so he sent me instead."

   He smiles, "Well you're just as good of a doctor like your father."

  So, she's a doctor.

   "So, this is the little cutie who is sick?" she smiled at Henrique and took him from Alexander's arms. Seeing her holding close made me dislike her even more. Henrique was mine to hold close, no one else's.

  I sigh. 

  This is crazy Kalliyah.

  Why are you jealous?

   Oh, yeah. She hugged the guy like and the baby you love. A voice in my subconscious says. I rolled my eyes, I do not like Alexander Carter, but I do love his brother to death.

   "How old is he?" she asked as she rocked him on her side.

  "Eighteen months," Alexander said looking at the baby.

   I felt like a third wheel, standing there looking at them talking.

   "He's probably just teething." Just like Alexander said, "But he also has a cold and that's what's upsetting him. I'll still checkup though." She moved from Alexander and walk over to the bed. She places Henrique don't of his back then went in her kit. She takes out her stethoscope then placed in her ears and the other part in her hands. She starts pressing the instrument around Henrique's chest and back.

  I couldn't help but admire her as she worked. That's must be why Alexander liked her, beauty with brains and I was neither beauty nor brains.

   She removes the stethoscope from her ears and looks up at Alexander. "He doesn't seem to have an infection. Just the cold and the teething."

   Alexander sigh of relief then smile, "That's great news thanks to you." he turns to look at me, "See, I told you everything is fine."

  I offered a small forced smile.

  Britney stood up, "But everything is not fine."

  We both turn to look at her, "What do you mean?" I spoke for the first time since reentering the room.

  She points at me and Alexander, "You both are sick as well."

  Alexander laughs and shakes his head, "I'm not sick."

  She nods, "Yes, your voice is hoarse and," she points and me, "You nose is red, and your eyes are bleaky."

  I frown. I thought that was just my ugly self. I didn't know there was an agenda.

   Alexander looks at me, "Yeah. You don't good for real." I looked at him and raised my brows. Are you just realizing this or is it because they are a beautiful woman here to compare me with?

   "I'm gonna write a prescription for all three of you. But first, why are all of you sick?" I looked at the blonde. She looked genuinely interested in our wellbeing, well not mine.

  Alexander shakes his head and laugh. "This is all my fault." he looked over at me and smile, "I frighten her, and she fell in the pool then she tricked me and pulled me in with her. Henrique saw and wanted to join in, so he jumped in, not before I could catch him, but I place him in the water afterwards."

  "Wow, that's one hella of a story." She turns to Alexander, "Next time don't frighten the girl. You deserve to have a cold."

  I smiled at her words.

  Was she defending me?

    "I can't help it. I look like a ghost. Not everyone's born beautiful you know."

   She laughs and shakes her head, "Yeah, right." She looks down at Henrique and smile, "As much as I'd like to stay here and chat I left Mason with my child and I don't want him to feed her with sweets."

  Alexanders laughs, "Mason is a good husband, he's not gonna feed Brenna with sweeties. I think I'm the type of father who would though."

So, Britney was married after all, so there is no need for me to be jealous of her. 

Look at that.

   "Goodbye, Alex. I'll see you soon" She turns to me, "Goodbye." Then she walked out of the infirmary.

  Alexander turns to me, "Let's go buy some medicine."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 19K 21
Riya and Kayish were madly in love, so deeply that everyone believed that they would end up in a happy married life. That's how much he loved her. He...
16.1K 1K 23
He set fire to the world around him but never let a flame touch her. Reyansh Kapoor: "She is the ocean in which I'll happily drown. " She was a selen...
1M 27.3K 44
Book #2 [Sequel to 'All About Revenge'] [COMPLETED] ***** "I can't do this anymore." I said as ano...
1.5M 53.3K 54
She didn't mean to love the man who she knew that will never love her back. Shanaya Campbell is working a successful editor-in-chief. She is only 22...