The things we do for love (Tw...

Por N_nonymous

Highest ranking in Jeongmo #1 JeongMo & MiChaeng Hirai Momo, a rich spoiled brat from Japan. Rebellious and a... Mais

The things we do for love
1.Encounter
2. Home or Hell
3. Hope deferred maketh the heart sick
4. Magpie and Godot reference
5. Gained a friend
6. The pain behind the smile
7. Rejected
8. Three Paying guests
9. Fondness grows with smile
10. Ten
11. Does she hate me?
12. When he opens his heart, I'll be there.
13. Cold Boss
14. Love is in the little things
15. Getting in trouble
16. Will you be my girlfriend?
17. Fight
18. Beaten
19. An eventful day
20. A wager
21. Happy smile
22. Jealousy and love are sisters.
23. Jealous?
24. Momo's Jeongyeon
25. Life is a rollercoaster
26. Regrets
27. Goodbye, old pain
29. A date
30. JYP's wedding day
31. A crazy night (JYP's wedding day continuation)
32. Harbinger
33. Plan A
34. Plan B
35. Tick tock tick tock
36. Saved
37. A new challenge
38. Game on
39. Queen of Osaka
40. Love or Temptation
41. Hot ride
42. The waiting
43. The final chapter
Thank you

28. Mina's birthday

2.3K 99 38
Por N_nonymous

A few days had passed since the dinner at Chaeyoung's rented house. He had started to liven up with the support of his friends. Mina was much friendlier to him, because he had been concerned and helpful during her break up. Therefore, it was fair for her to do the same and help him by making sure that he wasn't all depressed and lost in his own world. Their interactions, this time, even went out of their work place; they texted each other.

One of their chats went like this:

And so Chaeyoung brought the half knitted scarf to work the next day. Mina finished the scarf for him and he couldn't be happier.

"I pray for you to meet a woman who could make your life complete and fulfil all the things I left undone for you, that is, to give you love, care and happiness as much as you deserve, and I know you deserve so much more than I could give," these were the words of Chaeyoung's mother. Mina did something for him that was left unfinished by his mother. He thought to himself that it was nonsense but he couldn't help wondering if it was a sign that Mina was the kind of woman his mother talked about. She deemed as cold and scary at first because she was introverted and quiet but once she was familiar with someone, she was kind, caring and friendly to that person. With those thoughts, Chaeyoung began to see Mina in a new light.

He started to miss her one day when she didn't text first. He kept thinking about it and couldn't sleep. It's in human nature to crave for attention when you feel ignored.

So he texted her in the middle of night.

He was slightly provoked at the mention of Taekyung.

'So that's why you did not text me,' he thought. But he quickly laughed it off when Mina said that she kicked him out of the house.

He couldn't fall asleep even after chatting with her. He kept staring at their chat. After a minute, he clicked on her chat profile picture and stared again.

'She is pretty,' he thought. 'Should I try to get closer to her?'

'...'

'No, Chaeyoung. You once tried to kiss her and remember she pushed you away.  Don't forget you don't hit on an uninterested girl twice and be humiliated twice. Plus, she's your senior at work, you got through troubles to be in her good books. You don't wanna ruin that, do you, Chaeyoung-ah? Remain her good friend,' Chaeyoung was internally talking to himself.

Days passed. As much as he tried to avoid the feeling of attraction he had for Mina, he couldn't. He became hopeful when Mina suddenly invited him for her birthday. There was no invitation for Jeongyeon or Momo or Sana or Sook or Sam, it was just  him.

'Is there going to be a party?' he asked her.

'No. It's private. Only a couple of good friends will be there. I want you to join it. Besides being colleagues we have become good friends, right?' Mina said.

'Good friends, yeah, yeah we are.'

Mina texted the address of a cafe to Chaeyoung. She was going to celebrate her birthday in the cafe. Chaeyoung was delighted that he was "specifically" invited. He was the first to arrive among the guests. Mina was already waiting. Chaeyoung had bought a personalized coffee mug for her.

'Happy birthday, Madam Myoui!' he handed her the gift.

'Thank you,' she smiled at him, a smile that made him happy.

'Hey Mina,' someone called. They turned to look at the owner of the voice. A cheerful man was approaching them. Chaeyoung recognised him to be one of Callbox's managers.

'Hi, Shin oppa,' Mina greeted.

'Happy birthday beautiful,' he hugged Mina.

'Thank you, oppa.'

Shin then turned to Chaeyoung. 'Let me guess. You must be Son Chaeyoung.'

'Yes sir.'

'Hi Mina~~' another cheerful male voice greeted.

'Hi Kyungsik,' Mina smiled at the new guest. The latter hugged her and wished her a happy birthday. Amidst all these goings-on, another man arrived. He too, hugged and greeted Mina. Then they gave her the gifts they brought for her.

'Why are all her friends male?' Chaeyoung thought.

The three men already knew each other. Mina introduced them to Chaeyoung. As he already knew, Shin was a manager at Callbox. Kyungsik was Mina's friend from college. He was a successful banker now. And the man who came last was named Yongpil. He was a 31 years old cardiologist. They sat together at a round table. Chaeyoung noticed that their seemed to be an awkward tension between the men in the table.

'Where is the cake?' Yongpil said.

Mina looked at her wristwatch, 'They were supposed deliver it here by now. I don't know why it still hasn't arrived. I'll just go and get it myself. The shop is just around the corner.'

Chaeyoung thought he should go with her since he didn't know the other men, it would be awkward for him to stay behind. But something even more awkward took place.

'You shouldn't go alone. I'll go with you,' Yongpil said.

'It won't be decent if we let the eldest work. I've known Mina the longest and we are of same age. I'll go with her,' Kyungsik said, particularly using an emphasizing tone when he spoke the second sentence.

'Aigoo, the guests shouldn't work. I'm closest to Mina since we work together and see each other almost everyday so I'm no guest to her. So I'll go with her,' Shin said.

The three men were evidently annoyed of one another. Chaeyoung was dumbfounded by their strange behaviour.

'Why are they so competitive about going with Mina to buy a cake?' Chaeyoung thought. And even he looked at Mina expecting a solution, along with the other three men.

'I'll go with Chaeyoung. Meanwhile you can order your drinks and snacks,' she said.

'Thank God,' Chaeyoung mentally let out a sigh of relief. He didn't want to be in the company of the strange men without Mina. He didn't enjoy being with them anyway. He was the youngest of them and their demeanor made him feel somewhat inferior.

Mina and Chaeyoung set out to go bring the cake from the shop. Neither of them spoke a word on their way. Mina was actually thinking of something and Chaeyoung was still very confused and awkward from the three men's rather childish fight to go with Mina. Mina paid for the cake and they headed back.

Chaeyoung carried the box of cake and walked beside Mina. He was happy that she chose him to go pick up the cake with her instead of her other three male friends who were with them. He got to spend some time alone with her. It was uncomfortable with the three men. But something suddenly started to bother him.

'Madam Myoui, why did you choose me to go with you?' he asked.

'Please don't say you did because I was the youngest,' he mentally prayed. Mina looked at him and contemplated briefly on what to tell him.

'Because you were the youngest. They are my oppa friends. How could I make them run errands? So I chose you,' she answered. He could hear his heart break. He didn't want Mina to treat him like a younger person. After a few moments of silence he spoke again.

'Madam Myoui, when we are outside of workplace can I just call you by your name?'

Mina stopped in her track and stared at him mildly surprised by his bold question.

'Can I?' he repeated his question.

'Actually... I will allow that if you do something for me in return.'

'Really?' he said, surprised. 'What do you want me to do?'

'The three friends waiting for us... They are all actually asking me to date them.'

Chaeyoung's jaw dropped, 'All three of them?'

'Yes. They had been waiting for my breakup with Taekyung oppa. I told them that I am not interested in dating right now. But they won't back off because they know about each other's crushes on me. They know that if anyone of them back down it means an advantage for the others. So they won't stop bugging me. I'm sick of them now. They won't leave me alone. You must help me.'

'Ah so that explains about their childish competition over going with you to get the cake.. so how can I help there? Become your bodyguard?'

'Tell them we are dating,' Mina said.

'What?' Chaeyoung's heart pounded hard in his chest.

'Become my fake boyfriend. Lie to them that we are dating. That will chase them away. This birthday celebration is actually insisted by them so that they can hear a "final decision" from me.'

'Oh..' he was thinking something else. 'I can do that.'

He smirked to himself as he thought that he was allowed to call Mina by her name.

'Mina.'

'Hmm?' Then a terse silence followed.

'Mina.'

'What~~'

'Ahh~~~ what do I do? I'm calling you by your name. This is so fun!' he laughed sheepishly. Mina laughed too. They had reached the café's entrance when Chaeyoung called her name again.

'Mina-yaa~~' he cooed, his voice higher than usual.

'Yah~~' Mina whined weakly and slapped his shoulder in mock anger. They ended up laughing together as they entered and Chaeyoung earned angry glares from the three men waiting. They composed themselves when they saw them glare. Chaeyoung instinctively pulled out Mina's chair by dragging it's leg with his foot. He kept the cake on the table and took his own seat as well.

'Let's eat before we do anything else,' Mina said. She didn't want them to lose appetite on her birthday. It was better to fill their tummies first. Everyone understood and so they celebrated Mina's birthday in peace first before the storm came.

'Is he just here for the birthday or does he have anything to do with the "other purpose"?' Kyungsik asked, referring to Chaeyoung. Mina and Chaeyoung exchanged glances.

'I know why the three of you are here,' Chaeyoung spoke, 'and I'm here to tell you that Mina is off limits. She's mine.'

'What!?' the three men exclaimed.

'It's true. We are dating,' Mina said.

'I can't believe this. Yah, Mina, he is a year younger than you and he's your inferior at work,' Shin said.

That hurt Chaeyoung's pride. 'It doesn't make me less of a man,' he retorted.

'Yah brat, how dare you answer back!' Shin angrily yelled at him.

'Please keep your voice lower, oppa. This is not Callbox. He isn't wrong. It's my choice. He is my choice,' Mina said.

'You're right. I respect your choice,' Yongpil said. 'Good luck, Mina.' He left after patting Chaeyoung's back.

'Bye, Mina,' that's all Kyungsik said and left. Shin shook his head and left as well.

'Thank you, Chaeyoung,' Mina said.

'No problem... Mina,' Chaeyoung said and the two of them laughed at how Chaeyoung enjoyed calling her by her name.

To be continued...

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

149K 4.9K 48
Son Chaeyoung is a wildlife officer he patrol around the jungle of twiceland. He has a work to find this missing person after he found the person who...
162K 6.7K 40
Yoo Jeongyeon, a senior in college who suddenly fell in love with her best friend without noticing. Will she choose her heart over their friendship? ...
37.6K 1.5K 24
The high school student that confused about her feelings towards two person. Who will she choose?
346K 14.1K 50
A living tsundere, Son Chaeyoung, who thinks she is straight and in love with her childhood friend, Park Jinyoung. Her world turned upside down encou...