The Burning One (Finished)

By yunru28

Everyone hates the Noroshi's for what they did a very long time ago. But the Score says that a girl will be b... More

The Burning One
Chapter 2: Vander
Chapter 3: Max
Chapter 4: Colonel Jade Curtiss.
Chapter 5: Meeting Leta and The Assassins.
Chapter 6: Getting Back Together
Chapter 7: In The Desert
Chapter 8: Notsuoh
Chapter 9: Former Assassin Jay
Chapter 10: The Palace
Chapter 11: Save The King!
Chapter 13: Replica? Clone?
Chapter 14: The Snowy Mountain
Chapter 15: That Isn't Fina...
Chapter 16: She's A Fake!
Chapter 17: Poor Violet....
Chapter 18: Jade Clone
Chapter 19: A New Home

Chapter 12: Raven

128 4 1
By yunru28

Once again, everyone was in the carriage, with of course their new companion, Lenalee. She was a bit bossy though, telling Jay to go faster, but then she saw it was too fast so she told him to slow down. Eventually Jay had enough and turned his head around to look at her, while glancing at the road once in a while.

"Okay look..." He said. "If you want to come with us, you're not going as the Princess. You're going as...Well, one of us. So if you think you can keep telling us what to do and whatnot, im stopping and you're getting off. Understand?"

Max made his lips into an 'O' shape and held out, "Oooooooo!" Lenalee smacked the back of his head, shutting him up instantly. 

Lenalee straightened up before saying. "Yes sir. Sorry about that...I'm just used to being a Princess and all...." She lowered her head.

Max rolled his eyes. "Don't worry Jay." He tried assuring. "I'll tell her what not to do and whatever around here okay?" He looked back at his sister and began explaining.

Jay sighed with relief and turned back around, focusing on where they were going. Fina, who was beside him as usual, patted his shoulder. "You'll be fine. Max can take care of her if she starts acting up again."

Jay snorted. "I hope so."

Fina smiled and pulled her hand away, leaning back against the back of the seat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~At Edaj

Jay tied the horses up outside of this town and ran to catch up with the others. The whole town was made out cold cement. All the buildings were lined up in one row, the end of the town about a mile downward. And at the end, was the ocean and an harbor.

As Fina looked around, she shivered, seeing many eyes of prisoners staring down at her from the rectangular buildings.

Jade made everyone walk that mile down to the harbor. She cursed to herself, seeing huge birds flying over the ocean. They were very tiny, but Jade could still tell what they were.

They were now at the harbor, and Jade called out to a salior. When he came over, she said, "Hey! Can we use one of those ships?"

"What for?" The man asked suspiciously, crossing his arms. He had a deep, Russian accent to him. "For all I could know, you all could be prisoners trying to escape! And besides, someone is already on the boat and-"

Jade sighed and gave him an look. "Fine! I'm Colonel Jade Curtiss. Now let us in."

The sailor gasped, taking a step back. "You're the Colonel! W-Well I apologize! P-Please, take our finest boat!" He stepped to the side to show Jade a nice white speedboat. It was pretty big for an speedboat, considering it had an under deck, (what it's called XD). "There is someone who's using that boat, but I don't think he'll mind sharing it with you all! Anyway,Follow me, please."

The sailor led the group onto the boat. Fina held Leta and made sure she didn't fall into the ocean, considering the board that led from the deck, to the boat was pretty flimsy. As soon as everyone was on, the Sailor began to drive the boat.

"So...Where are you headed, exactly?" The sailor asked.

Jade walked over to him and stood right beside him. "Revlis." She said. "You should know where that is, right captain?" She pushed her glasses higher onto the bridge of her nose.

The sailor nodded. "Y-Yes ma'am! And that's good, because the man who rented this boat is also headed there. So that saves me from having to go to two places!"

"Good. Whatever." Jade walked away and headed up onto deck, where Max and Lenalee were running around, looking at the waves of the ocean once they start to get moving. Leta had apparently climbed up to the Crow's Nest and was hanging out up there, while Fina and Jay were talking at the other end of the large boat, away from Max and Lenalee.

Jade approached Vander, who was apparently below deck. She saw him in one of the cabins, lying down on a bed with his hand on his head. But before she asked him anything, she looked around the room.

There was a bunk bed  off to the right of the room, shoved in a corner. Then across from the bed was a wooden table for eating or just sitting with wooden chairs. Then off in the left corner was a bunch of boxes, probably food and whatnot.

"How do yuo do it?" Vander asked, getting her attention off of the room.

"Do what?" Jade asked, approaching the bunk bed.

Vander sat up from the bottom bunk and almost hitting his head. "I mean, getting people to do whatever you want. Just how?"

Jade chuckled and sat down next to him. "Well, everyone knows me pretty well. If you hadn't known, I used to work for the King of Erif for a while...But then he saw the potential I had, so he made me an Colonel of the army." She shrugged her shoulders when she saw the shock on Vander's face. "It's no big deal really." She admitted. "I mean, I'm equal to you all. I'm a human being."

Vander turned away, muttering. "At least you're not an Noroshi like me." He muttered, but loud enough so she could hear.

Jade frowned. "Hey, when I'm around, no one will make fun of you. I can have them killed or in prisoned if I wanted to. So they won't act off if I'm around."

Vander smiled. "Thanks."

"Well this is cool and all but...." Fina pushed off the railing of the boat and stretched a bit. "Ima go and walk around a bit."

"Aw." Jay pouted a bit. "Leaving so soon?"

Fina lifted her arms high into the air, stretching them out. "Well, I want to get used to the boat a bit and where everything is."

Jay shrugged. "Okay. Have fun then!" He gave her a small wave before turning back to the ocean.

Fina giggled to herself and began walking away. 'He's changed ever since he joined us.' She thought. She then just sighed, not making a big deal out of it.

So Fina walked down below deck, trying to avoid Max and Lenalee. They seemed to be having too much fun for Fina to interrupt. As she walked down the wooden hallway, a door suddenly opened, smacking Fina in the face and to the ground.

She groaned, holding her nose and she sat there.

"Whoa! You okay?"

Fina looked up, seeing a boy, maybe about fifteen or sixteen, towering over her with an eyebrow raised. (Pic to the right!)

Fina nodded, still holding her nose. "Yeah, I'm fine." She said, her voice sounding a bit funny since she was holding her nose. The dude walked behind her and grabbed her arms, lifting her to her feet. Fina was a bit shocked that he didn't just leave or something. He didn't seem like the type to help anyone or whatever.

"Do you need a bandage or whatever?" He asked, shoving his hands in his pockets. He really didn't seem to care about Fina's hurting nose, but at least he was kind enough to ask.

Fina shook her head, taking her hand away from her nose. "Yeah..." She said, her voice normal again. "I'm fine. My nose just hurts a bit that's all."

The dude blinked at her, examining her nose for a while. Then he shrugged and said, "It's not bleeding anf it doesn't seem broken. So you're fine." he walked away and headed up onto the deck.

Fina cocked her head, watching him. "That was weird." She said to herself, but then she just shook her head, forgetting him and continuing down the hall.

When another door opened, Fina jumped back, proud that she avoided this door. When the door closed, Jade had walked out. She saw Fina and nodded. "Hey."

"Hi." Fina greeted. "So uh...Where's Vander?"

Jade nodded over to the door she had just came out of. "Inside, He's a bit sea sick, so If I were you, I would just leave him alone."

Just as she said that, Fina heared someone coming down below the deck. She peeked over her shoulder, seeing Leta walking toward them. She was holding her stomach, her face a little green. Jade ran over and lifted the girl into her arms. "Seasickness?" Jade asked her. Leta just nodded, resting her head on Jade's shoulder. Jade sighed and turned to Fina. "Go enjoy yourself. It looks like I'll be taking care of some people for a while." As Jade went back into the room she was just in, Fina turned back around and walked back onto deck.

She wandered around for a while, then saw Jay still standing in the spot where she had left him. She walked over to him and stood right next to him. "Hello again!" She greeted.

Jay turned to her and nodded. "Hey. How was your little trip?"

Fina rubbed her nose. "I got smacked in the face with a door..."

Jay stiffened. "By who?!" he demanded.

Fina chuckled. "Some dude with black hair. He didn't seem to friendly."

Jay pointed over. "You mean that guy?" He asked. Fina looked to where he was pointing. Only about fifty feet away was that dude who smacked the door in her face. When Fina nodded at Jay, Jay cracked his knuckles. "Want me to give him a taste of his own medicine?"

Fina laughed a bit, but then shook her head. "No it's okay. It was an total accident anyway."

Jay shrugged. "Whatever you say." He said. He leaned his back against the railing and crossed his arms. "So...What do you wanna do?"

Fina shrugged. She looked off into the distance and saw something in the sky coming toward them. She nudged Jay and pointed at it. "What's that?"

Jay looked to where she was pointing. He squinted a bit, then his eyes grew wide. "That's Violet! Fina, we need to warn the others!"

"But Leta and Vander are sick and Jade is taking care of them!"

"Then we'll go get Max and Lenalee! Go and tell that dude that if he can't fight, go below deck!" He ran off to warn the two children.

Fina ran toward the dude. When he saw he running toward him, he lifted his eyebrow at her again, his face expressionless. "What's up?" he asked.

Fina pointed to the bird. "I was told to tell you that, if you can't fight, then go below deck."

The dude took out a gun from his pocket. "I can." He informed her.

"Good." Fina said, taking out her sword. "Because you're gonna need to fight."

By this time, Jay, Max, and Lenalee were running toward them. As they caught up, Violet landed on deck with her Large Raven dropping her off. She stood there for a minute, cradling her stuffed animal before saying, "I was ordered to come and kill you. So you better  not struggle and make this a lot easier!"

 As she said this, something came from the water and landed on the deck. It was an super large squid, who was obviously ready to kill them. Violet stepped back, hiding behind the squid.

"Why are animals obeying her?!" Max asked, taking out his hammer.

Jay shook his head. "I'll explain later." He turned to the dude with the gun. "What's your name?"

"Raven." The dude said.

"Okay then Raven. I hope you're ready-" Raven cut Jay off by calmly pointing the gun at the squid and pulling the trigger twice, shooting the squid's head. It screeched out in pain and swiped at everyone. Raven, Jay, and Lenalee jumped out of the way from it's arms as Fina was picked up and Max knocked to the ground.

Jay whipped his chains out at the squid, hitting the arm that had Fina trapped. But when the squid didn't let go, Jay made the chains wrap around the arm and he tugged the arm toward him. When it was close enough to the ground, Lenalee sliced the arm off with her fans. As Fina fell, the squid screeched even more as pain welled up in it's arm.

"You hurt my friend!" Violet exclaimed. "How dare you?! That's just mean!"

Max had finally gotten up and was now pounding the squids arm with his hammer. Raven was running up one of it's arms, shooting it as he went. But when the squid moved it's arm quickly to the right, Raven tripped and fell off, but he did land on his feet, and shot the squid again.

Fina was being attacked by an arm. So as it tried to hit her, Fina ducked out of the way and as she did so, she stuck her sword up and the tip of it stabbed the arm. Her sword got stuck in it, so since Fina didn't let go, the squid took her in the air again.

Fina sighed with annoyance. "Fina. I guess I'll do this the easy way even though I'll probably regret it later..." 

Fina closed her eyes, blocking out all sound and pictures from her mind. As soon as she did that, she could feel the power surge within her. This, was the power of an Noroshi. She felt herself glow, and then the Light around her got brighter. Whatever she was touching, glowed as well, which was the squid. The others gasped with surprise and jumped away, seeing that the squid was slowly disintegrating. Then from below the squid, came a large white circle with different engravings on it. And from the edges of the circle, up came more light that covered the squid completely. And with that, the squid disappeared and Fina was falling.

Raven managed to catch her, but Jay knocked him aside and took Fina from him immediately.

Violet, who was furious, yelled at them. "You meanies! How dare you?! You killed my friend!" She stomped her foot and the Raven that had took her to the ship, came by and took her again. As it flew away, Violet hollered at them, "You'll pay for this!!! Mark my words!!!"

Once Jay knew that she was gone, he looked down at Fina, who had passed out in his arms. "W-what did she do?" Max asked, looking at her.

"That, was what great power an Noroshi can have." Jay explained. "But with power like that, can take one's energy away very quickly. All that energy she put into defeating that squid, made her pass out. It may be a while before she wakes up..."

Raven blew smoke from his gun and shoved it in his pocket, along with his hands. "So she's fine." He said. Jay glared at him because of his comment, but then sighed and decided not to push it.

"Hey...Who are you again?" Max asked Raven. "I didn't quite catch your name..."

"Tell me yours and I'll tell you mine." Raven replied with a smirk.

Max laughed. "I'm Max! This here is my sister, Lenalee. And that's Jay! And the girl he's holding is Fina..." he then walked over to Raven and nudged him while winking. "She's sixteen by the way...If you're interested."

Raven slapped him away. "I think Jay is the one interested." He pointed out.

Jay blushed. "H-How old are you, Raven?" He asked nervously, trying to change the subject. And it worked.

Raven shook his head. "I'll say that after when Fina wakes up. I bet she'll nag me about it later."

Jay nodded. "You're right...We should take her below deck with Jade, Leta, and Vander."

Raven wrinkled his eyebrows. "There's more of you?" He sighed. "I thought i'd be in this ship by myself...But of course not, stupid sailor let you guys on..."

Jay scoffed. "Whatever. I'm taking Fina downstairs." He left with Max and Lenalee, leaving Raven alone.

Raven shrugged, not really caring. He'd prefer to be alone anyways....But he was still wondering if that Fina girl was okay...Oh well. Raven guessed he'd find out when the others left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 173 45
Y/N is a 16 year old girl that attends U.A High a long time after the entrance exams. Nobody knows why she was accepted to U.A at this time of year. ...
6.7K 193 47
Hazaezal Jones is a complicated individual with an even more complicated quirk. After causing a major accident at her last school and spending months...
382K 10.7K 68
Sawada Nana reported to her beloved wife that she only have one child. But the truth is she had two child, she don't like her youngest son because it...
18.4K 777 41
What if a certain redhead in the Teikou Basketball team turns into a "she"? Let's see how will that certain redhead deal with certain girl problems...