Scandal/How To Get Away With...

By all_time_fandom

Hey guys, so I think this is the twentieth book that I created. I'm kind of hype about that, but anyhow, I ha... More

So We Meet Again (1/2)*
So We Meet Again (2/2)
The Big Accusation (1/3)
The Big Accusation (2/3)
The Big Accusation (3/3)
Any Requests?
We Meet Once Again (1/4)
We Meet Once Again (3/4)
We Meet Once Again (4/4)
Mini Rant
Bottom Line Is...
OVERALL EDITING
This is Officially Goodbye

We Meet Once Again (2/4)

379 7 0
By all_time_fandom

Today was my sister wedding, and she was ecstatic. She is the type of person that makes an extravagant appearance almost all the time. She wants to be memorable for everyone that has ever had an encounter with her.

Meaning that her wedding is going to be huge; over three hundred people are attending and Frank and I aren't in the best place right now. The closer and closer I get to my first day in Arizona Republic, the more Frank and I fight.

He expects me to compromise everything I've worked twenty some years for, whereas he compromises nothing. That is completely selfish and unrealistic. I already took the job offer and there is nothing that he can say to make me change my decision.

"You're being unbelievably selfish," He says as he walks into my room.

I am currently sitting on my bed in my white lace bra and underwear set as I rub lotion on my legs and arms.

"Are you serious right now? You want to start a fight on my cousin's wedding?" I say.

"I don't care if it's your cousin's wedding or not. This is more important to me. You are the most important thing I've ever had in my life, and you expect to just let you walk away from me?" He says, walking closer to me.

"I'm not walking away from you, Frank." I say standing from the bed and putting on my black and gold wedges.

"That is exactly what you are doing. You are moving clear across the country for your job, and leaving me here with Annalise. You're like the angel on her shoulder. Without, you, my life will be hell." He says.

I sigh deeply and say:

"You are such a whiner— you ever think that you are the one being selfish?"

"How am I the one being selfish? Please enlighten me." He says as he sits on the bed.

"You want me to turn on this job— a job that I worked over twenty years to get, I might add— for you, for this relationship. And yet, you compromise nothing. How is that fair? Are relationships full of compromises? Where's yours?" I snap.

"You don't think this relationship is worth fighting for?" He asks.

"This relationship is worth fighting for.. We didn't even begin the-long-distance-relationship stage yet and you're already wanting to break this off." I say.

I walk over to the white and clear cover and unzip it to reveal my light pink dress. I take it off the hanger and put it over my head. I flatten it out along my curves and push my hair out from underneath the dress. I sigh and turn around to look at Frank.

"Could you.. zip me up please?" I ask.

He stands from the bed and slowly walked towards me. I pull up my hair and turn my back for him to zip up the dress. He puts on of his warm hands on my hip and zips the dress up with the other.

"Thank you," I say, letting go of my hair and facing him once again.

He's wearing a black and white tuxedo with a cute, black bow tie. His dark brown hair is combed back and his beard is freshly trimmed along his neck and the edges.

"You look good for someone who doesn't care about the wedding." I say.

He rests his hands on my lower back and say:

"You look beautiful,"

"And I didn't even put on my make up and jewelry yet.." I say with a small smile.

He leans down and presses his forehead against mine. We both sigh in unison before I say:

"No more fighting.. not today. I don't want to ruin my cousin's big day."

"I'll try not to," He says.

He kisses my forehead before walking out of the room. I watch as he closes the door before I finish getting ready for the wedding.

**

I spend the first thirty minutes greeting family I haven't seen in forever. I introduce Frank to them and some have asked me when him and I are going to get married. But at the rate we're going.. I'm afraid we aren't even going to be engaged.

Eventually Frank breaks apart from the crowd and goes to the bar. I watch as he sits down and pinches the bridges of his nose as he sighs.

"Trouble in paradise?" I hear a woman.

I smile when I immediately knew who it was.

"Annalise," I say as I pull her in for a hug.

"How's my beautiful niece doing?" She asks as he holds me tighter.

"Well I got the job at Arizona Republic a couple weeks ago and my first day is next to week." I say.

She pulls away from me and asks:

"I'm sorry, did you say Arizona Republic? As in the Arizona Republic, your dream job?"

I nod and she says:

"Congratulations! I know worked hard to get there, you deserve it."

"Thank you... but Frank doesn't see it that way." I say.

I glance over at him to see him taking a swig of his Corona.

"You're not really considering depleting your career over a man, are you?" She interrogates.

"No, of course not.."

"Good, because I know your mother raised you to know better." She says with a laugh.

"Come on, let's get you seated. Frank can find his way back to you." She says while leading me to a table.

Annalise leaves me at the table for a moment before returning with two champagne bottles.

"Let the party begin," she says.

There was a long time dedicated for dancing before we sat down and ate. Annalise and I have been catching up with one another as we drink our champagne. I drink one cautiously because I have a feeling I am going to be one driving back home at the rate Frank is drinking his Coronas. But Annalise has no mercy, she is on her seventh bottle and it's only been an hour.

"Y/N, get up and help me school these girls!" My mother calls from the dance floor.

"Alright, I'm coming Mama." I call.

I stand from the table and extend my hand to Annalise.

"There's no way I am going to leave you to finish this champagne bottle all by yourself." I say.

She takes my hand and I guide her to the dance floor, where my mother stood. It's when I approach her to see that there is an X-Box 360 and the game Dance Central on it.

"Oh boy." I say under my breath.

I pull my hair into a ponytail and kick off my shoes.

"What's going on here?" I say.

"Just a friendly little competition." One of the girl's says.

I look at my mom and she gives me the queue. I click the three v. three icon and the game starts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 631 63
This is the third and last book for my 100 fan fict- which will be containing S6 and S7 I will not be following the show completely and will be doing...
6K 213 34
Matilda Huston is a 25 years old woman with a painful past, living alone and escaping from her abusive past. She moved to Canada a few months back an...
24.7K 883 26
**FINISHED** This has been complete for a million years now and will be undergoing major editing since I write better now than I did two years ago. W...
594 155 18
After moving to Louisiana where she knows no one but her family and a few relatives, Viola has to make new friends all over again, and finds a new cr...