When the ice melts (girlxgirl...

By caradele1

Meet Samantha Mett, Ice queen and Queen Bee of the most popular private high school in New York. She has the... More

Hi, weirdos
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Who plays who!
Cast and Author
Q&A

Chapter 43

83.6K 1.8K 1.3K
By caradele1

Picture of Sarah 👆🏽
(Finally)

Sam's P.O.V.

It's Thanksgiving day!

So, basically, this day means nothing to Dušica and her father, but Zoe and her parents celebrate it. Dušica was supposed to go to LA and spend it with her grandparents but there was change of plans. I guess her grandparents are on vacation somewhere in Caribbean or something like that.

Anyway, my parents decided to call Nikolić family over, they agreed so now we are going to spend whole day together.

I am really excited, this is our first holiday together and I'm like freaking our right now plus our parents are going to be here. Jeez...

By the way it's been like a week since finale of volleyball season. People in school are constantly asking questions, Kendall and Leo are running away every time they see us. But most of school ship us. I wouldn't really care even if they didn't.

Anyway, I woke up like an hour ago and I just finished my shower. It is 12:30pm and they are supposed to be here around 1. Alright, what should I wear? Something fancy or casual? I am going to spend all day in that so I better choose carefully. Just when I was about to chose my phone rung.

"Hey, love" I heard her voice and immediately smile appeared on my face.

"Babe, I need your help" I said remembering what I was supposed to do.

"Okay, what's up?" she asked and I could literally hear smirk on her face, she knew what I was about to ask...

"I don't know what to wear. Maybe some dress? Or, or maybe -" but she cut me off with giggle "Don't laugh! This is serious!"

"Babe, seriously calm. Wear whatever you want, something casual. My parents are literally wearing jeans!" she said and laughed.

"Oh my god! Am I going to see Mrs. and Mr. Nikolić in freaking jeans!?" silence, she was nodding... "Babe, I can't see you nod your beautiful head, this is phone call you know" I said and she laughed even more.

"Sorry" she mumbled between giggles "but yeah, you are. And seriously dress up whatever you want, they, and especially me are going to love you no matter what" she added and I blushed.

"Okay, okay." I said and soon we hung up because they were about to leave.

"I might know exactly what you would like" I said while biting my lip.

I put on some denim shorts. Before you start commenting, Okay I know it's basically November and it's cold outside and all, but it's warm in house my parents are like in tee all day every day soooo. I took off shirt i was wearing and took plaid shirt that I came in last night. It's Dušica's by the way, she forgot it at my place so it's mine now, I'm not giving it back! Well, at least not while it still smells like her.

When I was done, I walked down the stairs smiling like an idiot. I found my parents sitting in living room, both casually dressed. Well, this is nice.

"Hello" I said and pecked their cheeks quickly then sat down.

"Someone seems happy today" mom said with huge smile.

"Someone is happy" I said and they chuckled.

"Well, that's nice" she said "but did you think about dessert?"

"What dessert?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Oh my god, don't tell me you already forgot about that!"

"Ooh" I gasped when I finally realized what she was talking about. "Oops" I mumbled and she glared at me.

"Oops oops, don't you oops me!" she said and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh mom, but she is a cook in our relationship" I said and dad literally bursted out laughing.

"Oh no, don't you dare laughing now!" she said while looking dad deadly in the eye. "But seriously Samantha, you can't let the poor girl do all the job alone" she said while using my full name which made me flinch, agh I hate that name.

"Come on, mom, I will help her"

"And how please?" she asked with raised eyebrow.

"By sitting there and looking cute" I said with my hands in the air which made dad laugh again and mom just put her head in her hands. "I was literally just quoting her" I mumbled and dad smiled.

"Come on, Hailey, you know she won't let her do everything alone. She is so whipped, she would learn our whole cookbook just so she could help her" he said and now was mom's turn to laugh.

"Dad, you are not helping" I said while blushing and they laughed even more "You are so not cool" I said and put one of pillows over my face.

If you were wondering what we were talking about here is little explanation. So, my mom every year makes this big lunch for Thanksgiving all by herself so she did this year, but I and Dušica agreed that we will make dessert together. When I told my mom about this, she laughed for good half an hour and when she finally stopped she asked if I was serious and when I told her I indeed was, she laughed again.

Bell rung and Stella went to open the door. We walked into hallway and my eyes immediately were on that gorgeous human being. She took off her coat and beanie and smiled at Stella who took them all and walked away.

She looked amazing. She wore black knit crop top and black skinny jeans.

Our parents greeted each other and Zoe came to me while Dušica was greeting my mom.

"Welcome, Ms. Nikolić" I said and she smiled before hugging me.

"It's just Zoe for you, Sam" she said with big smile and I nodded while blushing.

"Ah, here she is" Nikola said while shaking my hand "girl who stole my baby's heart"

"Oh, come on dad!" she whinnied from behind and we all laughed.

My dad showed them into living room, but Dušica stayed back.

"And I was looking for that shirt like crazy" she said and put her hands on my waist.

"I can give it back if you want" I said and she knew damn too well I was lying "Nah, it looks better on you anyway" she said and I kissed her.

"Guess like I stole your heart" I mumbled and her smile grew bigger.

"Guess so" she said sheepishly and I smacked her arm which made her laugh. "I love you" she whispered against my lips "I love you too"

"Girls, kitchen is waiting for you" mom said from living room and we could perfectly hear them chuckle.

"Perfect timing mom, perfect!" I said and they all laughed including Dušica "You are not supposed to laugh" I mumble and she kissed my nose.

"Come on, princess, let's make that dessert" she said and took my hand while I was complaining like some child.

We've been in kitchen for about twenty minutes now and all I have been doing is stealing kisses from my girl and making her laugh, she wasn't complaining though. Right now I was behind her with my hands around her waist and my head on her shoulder.

"Ugh babe, I have something to tell you!" she said suddenly and turned around her entire body facing me.

"Yeah?" I asked and kissed her neck.

"Uh huh" she mumbled and leaned her head back.

"So tell me" I said against her skin and she moaned softly.

"You better sit down for this" she said and I immediately pulled away. When someone says that only bad things come to my mind.

"Don't worry, it's not bad" she said with chuckle realizing immediately what I thought about.

I sat down and looked at her like little kid waiting for candy. Jeez...

"So, before we came I had one really interesting phone call" she stared and bit her lip "I'm going to be guest on Ellen's show next week" she said excitedly.

"Aaaa!" I screamed and fell off the chair. Literally.

"I wish I could have seen what would've happen if you didn't sit" she mumbled and started laughing.

I was sitting on the floor laughing my ass of and she was laughing at me. Dude, she wasn't even worried if I was hurt, she just laughed! I love that!

"Are you girls okay, I heard scream" mom said when she walked in kitchen along side with Zoe.

They saw me on the floor and Dušica leaning on the counter laughing.

"What's going on in here?" mom asked and Zoe, who was behind her, pursed her lips together to stop herself from laughing.

Dušica stood straight, pardon me, she stood gay and cleared her throat.

"I just told her the news" she said with smile and I got up.

"She's going to be at Ellen next Week" I said and wrapped my arms around her neck and kissed her cheek quickly.

Mom giggled "I know, we just talked about that, congrats"

"Thank you ma'am"

"It's Hailey for god's sake" mom said and Zoe laughed while Dušica blushed which made me giggle.

"I have same problem with Sam" Zoe said while sitting on chair and now it was my time to blush.

"Guess they are just too polite" mom said and sat down as well.

"So, what are you girls making?" Zoe asked.

"What is Dušica making" mom corrected and they laughed. Haa mothers are going against us. Great, just great!

"We" Dušica started "are making Love nest" she said and you could literally see how confusion crossed mom's face. "I'm kidding, I literally just made that up" Dušica said and chuckle.

"Oh" mom whispered and three of us laughed.

"It's just simple chocolate lava cake" Dušica said and I nodded.

"Yeah, simple lava cake" I repeated and mom glared at me.

"Come on, Hailey, let the girls have fun" Zoe said and dragged mom away.

"Is it just me or these two know each other from before" Dušica asked and I nodded "Yeah, I have the same feeling" she just shrugged and put something she has already made on counter.

"You know, I'm jealous" I said and she looked at me.

"Why?" she asked confused.

"Because you are going to meet Ellen duh"

"Oh so are you now?" she asked with smirk.

"Oui" I said and she dip her finger in thing she made and smirked at me.

"Wanna try?" she asked and I looked at her shocked. "Oh okay, you don't have to" she said with shrug and licked her finger, my jaw on the floor.

"I hate you" I mumbled.

"What was that?" she asked while washing her hands.

"I said I wanna try" I said quickly with pout and she laughed. "Fine by me" she said and dip her finger back in.

I bit my lip and she first caressed my lower lip leaving chocolate on it. I licked her finger and her smile grew even bigger.

"Babe, this is amazing!" I mumbled and she laughed.

"I thought so'' she whispered and then looked at me "Wait, did you doubt at me?"

"Of course not" I said and she giggled "and what are you going to do next?"

"To put this in oven and kiss my beautiful girlfriend until it's done" she said and I blushed.

"As much as I like what I'm hearing, is it seriously already done" I asked and she nodded.

"Of course, darling"

Damn that hot British accent.

"You Americans seriously love British accent so much it's weird" she said and I tilted my head.

"Did I just said that out load?"

"Yeah, baby, you have weird habit of doing that" she said and laughed. "But, that's adorable" she added before pecking my cheek.

We cleaned everything and I sat on counter and spread my legs so she could stand between them. Just stand! Don't freak out immediately. Her hands were on my hips and my around her neck.

"I'm so happy" she mumbled against my lips, I smiled and caressed her cheek "Me too baby"

***

We walked into living room to sit with our parents while maids were making table. Our parents were chatting casually, laughing. I swear everything was amazing. We sat at table to have lunch.

"Hailey, food is amazing!" Zoe complimented and we all agreed.

Suddenly Dušica put her hand on my tight and squeezed gently. I almost choked on my food and she took sip of her drink to hide her smile.

"Babe, are you okay?" she asked and it looked like everyone KNEW what was going on but they just decided to brush it off.

"I hate you" I mumbled an crossed my legs. She moved her hand away and I left out breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"And now dessert" mom said and Dušica chuckled and glanced at me.

Stella and girl named Angelina brought dessert and Dušica just waited for mom's reaction. Seeing that, mom smiled and tried the cake. It's like everyone waited for her approval which almost made me laugh, but Dušica, knowing how I am, pinched my arm lightly.

"Wow girls, this is amazing!" Mom said and I smiled.

"Oh it's nothing" I said and everyone bursted out laughing. "I still don't understand why just idea of me cooking makes you laugh" I said pretending to be offended.

"Because baby, you don't know anything about cooking" dad said.

"With that" Dušica started "I might as well disagree. She helped me a lot today"

"Sure she did" mom said while giggling.

"Yes I did" I said proudly.

"I'm sure you gave your best" dad said.

"If by helping you mean kissing, then you definitely did, baby" mom added and both, Dušica and I blushed, while everyone else laughed upon seeing our now red faces.

Well almost the rest of the day passed like that, just our parents making fun of us. But honestly, I enjoyed it, and I could tell by the look of Dušica's face that she enjoyed as well.

After lunch we played board games and card games. We split in three groups of two. Couples against couples.

First we had parents against parents. Weirdly, I cheered for Zoe and Nikola and Dušica was supporting my parents, who by the way lose. Then we were up against Dušica's parents and of course we won. Then we played against mom and dad and surprisingly we lose...

Day was amazing it was already evening and my parents were with interest listening about Dušica's project and what next she has on her mind. I was sitting not so far away from her, just looking at her with proud smile on my face, thanking God for b sending her in my life. I have no idea how I deserved this angel in my life. She is just so good, her personality, everything is good about her. My parents were impressed with her to say at least.

"It's just amazing how good person you've become after all that stuff you've been through" mom said and my head immediately snapped at her way. Oh shit!

"Excuse me?" Dušica's ice cold voice was heard and literally chills run all over my body, mom opened her mouth to say something but then closed. She looked at me and I shook my head.

"Can we talk?" I asked Dušica but I got up before she could answer because I know she basically wanted to ask the same.

"Oh god, I'm sorry" I could hear mom apologizing to Zoe and Nikola but I was kinda focused on rapid breathing behind me.

I opened door of my bedroom and turned around to look at her. She looked devastated. Like she just broke in front of me and I hated seeing her like this.

"You told them?" she asked, well more like stated while looking me dead in the eye.

I looked down embarrassed and she sighed and run one hand through her hair in frustration.

"I'm sorry" I mumbled and she turned away from me.

"I know you are" she mumbled and faced me again "when did you tell them?" She asked.

"Before we were together" I said and she nodded.

I walked towards her and put my hands on her arms but she pulled away. My heart arched after this.

"Sorry" she said and I wanted to scream, why is she apologizing when I'm the one who should be doing that. "Sorry" she said again "but I need some time alone, I need fresh air"
she added and walked away from my room.

"Babe, wait!" I said while following her out of room but stopped eventually. I wanted to go after her, but I knew better. I know her and I know she needs her time, just to clear her mind. She will be back, she has to.

I sat on stairs, hugging my knees. Tears just started running down my face. Mom started walking upstairs.

"Oh honey" she whispered when she saw me and I just glared at her and got up running to my room. I sat at bed.

I know I'm acting like a child right now, but I don't care. It's all her fault. I mean of course it isn't, I shouldn't have told that to anyone at first place but I did. I feel bad and when I feel bad I find excuses to blame someone or something else for what I've done.

Mom walked into room and I looked at her.

"Look, Sam I'm sorry, really sorry." she said, her voice almost breaking "I didn't know"

"I know" I mumbled and lay down. I sighed and put hands on my face.

Suddenly, there was knock on the door. And I looked at mom, for second I thought it is Dušica, but I know it's not.

Zoe opened door and peeked inside. She gave me small smile.

"Can I come in?" she asked and I nodded.

"Of course" I said while whipping tears away. Damn, I can't remember last time I cried.

"How are you?" she asked and I shrugged.

"You are not mad at me?" I asked and gulped.

"Of course not honey" she said and looked at mom "I understand that you have strong connection with your parents. She just need some time to cool off, she will be here soon I guess and I don't think you have to worry much. She would probably tell me something as big as that but she just doesn't realize it" she said with little laugh which made me smile.

"Thank you"

"Thank you" she said and hugged me "for making my daughter happy"

After that, they left me alone. It's been about half an hour already. I don't know what to do, I am really nervous even if Zoe said I shouldn't be. My phone vibrated and I immediately jumped. Message from her.

~ I'm outside ~

Without thinking I run out of room, down the stairs and outside. Here she is, standing there, perfect as always. She was staring up at sky, watching starts while I was watching the biggest and brightest star in my life.

She turned to face me. I didn't know what to do, should I walk over there or not? But she spreed her arms with little smile on her face and I immediately ran over to her without giving it a second thought.

She wrapped her arms around me and all the cold I felt, when I ran on November's air in shorts, disappeared.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry" I said and she just held me closer. I breathed in her cinnamon smell, it felt safe it felt like home.

"I'm sorry too" she pulled away to look at me "I overreacted" she said and I shook my head.

"I thought I was going to lose you" I mumbled and she smiled.

"Never princess" she cupped my face and gently kissed my forehead. Honestly, forehead kisses are one of my favorites. She than leaned her forehead against mine and I smiled.

"I got one amazing idea. This helped me to figure something out" she said and I wiggled my eyebrows.

She opened her mouth to tell me more but then saw what I was wearing and her eyes went wide.

"Oh my god, you ran out like that"

"I didn't really care what I was wearing"

"Come on, let's go inside, I don't want you to be cold" she said I nodded with smile.

Here she is, worrying about me as always.

I turned around to walk away and she smacked my butt. I turned my head to look at her but she just smiled sheepishly and pushed me gently to go inside.

Once inside we walked into living room where our parents were and mom immediately got up and hugged Dušica.

"Honey, I am so sorry, I didn't mean anything bad" she said and Dušica smiled.

"Don't apologize please, it's okay. This actually helped me to understand something and I came up with an idea"

"Tell us" Nikola said with smile, although his eyes were sad.

"I'm going to talk about Alex and everything that happened to me after the accident at Ellen" she said and we all were speechless. "I know you are worried right now" she was talking to her parents "but just think about it, we have no idea how much this confession can help other women who have been through the same thing to go to police which can even help preventing monsters like that of doing more. If only one of them get caught, it will be worth it." she said and Zoe got up and hugged her daughter.

"I am so proud of you baby" she said and kissed top of her head. "I know I was against this going out of family but I realized that it can even make you feel better so I'm by your side."

It looked like Nikola wasn't so happy about it but he still smiled and kissed his daughter. She looked at me like she is asking for approval and I nodded. I am so proud of her and by look on her face I think she knows it.

Little after that they were getting ready to leave, I decided to go with Dušica because neither one of us wanted to be alone tonight

A/N: Here you go guys! I gave my best, I hope you all like it. By the way I love you all soo much, you are my babes. Comment what you guys think. Here is finally picture of Sarah! Also, I changed picture of Alex, I hope you like it as well. You can find it in chapter Who plays who! Also there is another picture of Sarah as well, because she is gorgeous and well you guys are gay sooo...

PS. If you guys have Twitter, go follow me I post some gay stuff @shorthiekins

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 307 69
(Sequel to Yes, My Lady) Chrystal Foster has seen it all. She has witnessed the death of her parents, the kidnapping of her servants, and nearly lost...
Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

323K 8.3K 117
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
25.2K 967 21
It was a terrible choice for her... Yet Erika Linder was implacable as her piercing blue eyes when she told Mika, "You'll marry me or Uncle Ramil get...
26.5K 443 3
In which, the wizarding his non-existent heart. 2024 © ophelia051