Unwanted Love (book 3 of the...

By SleeplessInChicago

This is book 3 of the LOVE series ...... Our little Rose is all grown up. More

Unwanted Love (book 3 of the LOVE series)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 15

6.9K 352 31
By SleeplessInChicago

Chapter 15

Rose ran and hugged her Aunt Casey who was sitting at the dining room table crying. “She will be found unharmed, please don’t cry.” She didn’t know what else to say. She prayed her words were true.

“Rose?” Came the soft spoken word from behind her. She took a deep breath and turned to see Mrs. Steel behind her. She walked in carrying a tea cup and placed it in front of her Aunt Casey. “Child, you have no idea how much we’ve missed you.

When she turned to face her, Steels grandmother’s eyes almost popped out of their socket. Rose covered her mound protectively. Then smiled, “They’re twins, that’s why my belly seems bigger than it should. Dad said twins don’t run on mom’s side or the man that was my dad’s family. Do they run on your side of the family?”

Rose was aware she was babbling, but she does that every time she gets nervous. Mrs. Steel sensed that and just came and hugged her. Rose sniffled not wanting to blubber all over again. Plus, the doctor said it was bad for the babies.

She heard the giggling before she saw Steels daughter enter the room. “Rose” she squealed as she ran but her grandmother caught her before she crashed into her.

“Emily, you have to be gentle with Rose.” The little girl observed Rose, as if trying to figure out why.

“I missed you, daddy said you had to go away for a little while. But that you would come home soon and that you would be my new mommy. He said you would give me lots of brothers and sisters.” Her little mouth made a perfect little O. Is that why I has to be careful. My baby is in there?” When little Emily walked to her and placed her hands on her little belly. Rose lost it and cried.

How mean was Steel for telling his daughter all those lies. How mean was it that for a split second, Rose believed them. Casey got up and took Emily’s hand and walked her to the barn. The poor thing had no idea what was going on. Casey explained that when there is a baby in a mommy’s stomach. She cries for anything. Rose laughed through her tears.

She took a seat and Mrs. Steal went to get her a glass of water. It was at that moment that He walked in. Rose thanked the heavens that she had scooted closer to the table. He would not be able to see her belly in that position.

“Rose” She studied his face, Like her uncle, he too seemed to have aged in the time she had been gone. It was probably from all that searching for Hope.

“Mr. Steel,” she said trying to sound aloof.

“Rose don’t be like that. I tried to find you that very day you left. I’m so sorry. I’m a stupid man.” She was mad and hurt and sad and hurt. She didn’t want to talk to him. She turned her face away and opted for looking out the window. She could see her Aunt Casey in the barn with Emily. A smile tugged her lips up as she saw the little bundle of energy running around.

“Emily missed you too.” She turned and gave him a scowl.

“That was a very mean thing to do. Filling that little girls head with lies.” He flinched at her tone but hell, she was mad.

“I’m hoping, well that is to say. Hear me out please. That’s all I ask.” She kept quiet. There was no way she was getting up and letting him see her. She could just guess what conclusion he would come up with.

“You see, I’ve felt unloved my whole life. It all started with my mother. She didn’t want me but my grandparents forced her to have me. She never told my father anything. When my grandfather died. My grandmother needed help taking care of me. My mother had long deserted us and well. She just needed the help. I was a very angry 13 year old and wanted nothing to do with them.”

“It was then that they told me that my fathers wife came looking for my mother a year back. It seemed my father never got over the way she just up and left him. It turned out, it wasn’t a loss of love he was felling for her that nagged on him. He claims it was something missing from his life that did.”

Rose would still not face him as he told his story. “So his wife came looking for my mom to get the answer her husband needed; why did she leave.” She heard him take a deep breath. “She was always a selfish bitch. I know she’s my mom, but she was. She didn’t like that My Aunt Casey was pregnant and didn’t want to share the limelight. So she left intending to get rid of me and then hook up with someone rich or something.” That made her turn her head.  (This piece answers a question from my book Submit To Me)

“Yes, my father is Leo Codey. I hated him all this time. When I came looking for Hope so she could tell me where you went. She slapped me and went crazy. Leo Codey defended me and well we are talking now and I’m trying to work out my issues.” He started to pace back and forth.

“I looked for you, but I was always one step behind. I’m sorry I acted like such a jerk, I know you would never do anything so underhanded like the women in my life.” Rose bite her lip. Was keeping his babies from him underhanded? She turned and looked out the window.

“I wasn’t the only one not being honest in this relationship Rose. Throw me a life line here. You stayed with me to hide from your parents. That much I figured out. I also heard that they are not biologically your parents.” He took a seat in front of her. ”Tell me your story?”

“My parents were selfish too.” She went on to explain the fate that had befallen her real parents. There were no tears this time, for she had come to understand they did her a huge favor by letting Joshua and Maranda raise her. Her real parents.

“It was thanks to your daughter that I finally understood.”

Steel was having a hell of a time sitting there watching her. She wouldn’t look him in the eyes which was fine with him. He was having a hell of a time looking at her. At every inch of skin exposed He just wanted to jump up and make her love him.

It had worked before, so why wouldn’t it now. “So what was the problem? I understand now that your parents don’t shape the person you are, at least not in our case. It’s the people that love you and are around you that do.  I love you Rose Miller and I want to marry you. I want to have lots and lots of beautiful babies with you.” He walked towards her ready to toss her over his back and take her home. Yet he stopped dead in his tracks before reaching her.

“If you are truly going to forgive me. I have to come clean about everything.” He saw the moment she turned her face to look him in the eyes. “I’m not really a cowboy.” He smiled sheepishly

“I’m an undercover cop from Chicago.  Leo Codey, I mean my father asked my team for help. There has been some serious damage done to the Codey ranch and oil rigs. Someone is out to get the family. So I was asked to come and help with the investigation.” He saw the moment her jaw dropped. He had been surprised too when he was approached 7 months ago.

“Wait, what?” He could see her little head trying to wrap around everything he was telling her.

“Something went wrong over a month ago, our other partner who is in with the people causing the damage stopped making contact. That was the only reason I didn’t fly out to find you. We think it coincides with the disappearance of Hope.” Steels gut churned at the thought of his cousin Hope hurt or his partner hurt. “There’s no trace of them. So we keep searching every day and the attacks are less frequent but still happening.” He ran his fingers through his hair.

“Is that why we were asked to stay within certain perimeters and to always make sure we had an escort?” She asked still looking lost.

“Yes, Mike didn’t want anyone to get scared or act any different. Our mission depended on a need to know basis.” He pleaded with his eyes for her to understand. It was at that point his cellphone rang. When he checked the number he saw it was Zane. “I can’t talk now man.” He was mad for the interruption. He needed her to see and forgive him.

“What, where? Damn, fine, I’ll be right there.” Son of a bitch, he was going to have to leave before begging her to take him back. “I’m sorry, but Zane found something that might clue us into where our other partner is and to where Hope is.”

“Zane?” she whispered, damn, he forgot to tell her Zane is one of them too. Well technically one of Texas finest but still one of them.

“He’s with the Texas unit, but also on assignment here.” He put his fingers to his lips. “You can’t tell anyone. Damn, I have to go, I promise to grovel on my knees when I get back. For now, just remember how much I love you and want to marry you and want you to be the mother of my daughter and any future kids.” Before he gave her a chance to react, he rushed over and placed a kiss on her lips and then ran out before she kicked his ass.

Rose was left shell shocked with all the new information. “So Mindy, Uncle Leo’s old girlfriend must be his mother.” She placed her hand on her lips and then caressed her tummy. “Guess we now know why I’m having twins. Won’t your daddy be surprised when he finally finds out? He was so close to meeting you guys.” The though was cut short as she dashed to the bathroom to empty out her stomach again.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Well hell, so close yet so far away..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.7K 1.7K 26
Book 6 of the Royals series.
81.2K 5.6K 73
This one was highly requested. Roddy Ricch x Halle Bailey fanfic.
9.2K 85 23
okay if you're new here I copied these stories from my other book. in my other book there is basically twist from relationship with Billie to relatio...
606 4 15
this story is about a young girl growing up QUITE SEXUAL LOVE U ALL