My Quarterback

By Sterekstories

Just another high school story. Derek and Cora move to Beacon Hills and instantly befriend the boy with the m... More

Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 13
Ch. 14

Ch. 12

6.6K 244 52
By Sterekstories

DEREK POV

"Well aren't you happy to see me?" He smiled, and let himself in.

"Why would I be?"

"Well considering you were pretty upset when you left I just thought maybe you'd be a bit more welcoming"

"If I recall correctly I was upset because you were breaking up with me" I eyed him up and down, and to my dismay he looked the exact same. It was as if the last few months never happened to him "So if you're done tripping down memory lane I've got to go"

" So that's it?"

"What did you expect Mike?" and as his face fell and his shoulders slumped I could see the look evident throughout his face "Oh I see, you expected me to come crawling back, you wanted me to grovel and beg you to take me back"

"Der-"

"And maybe I would have done that six months ago. But I've found love, real love and I realized that what we had didn't come close to that. We had fighting, and arguing, and a lifeless relationship. And for the first time since you've dumped me I've realized that it was the best decision you could have made, for the both of us" I pushed passed him to my car not sure what I was going to do.

STILES POV

Derek marched right through the door and to my lips latching on immediately. I hadn't a chance to take a breath and my head was already spinning but I let my fingers rake against his scalp anyways enjoying the feeling "Are you okay?"

"I just love you that's all"

"I love you too baby. Now let's get to the doctors my legs are itching like crazy"

We were surprisingly in and out but much to my dismay I left still on crutches and a boot on my left leg since it was taking longer to heal. I could tell something was off about Derek. He was quiet yet fidgety and that was never good.We were sitting in his camaro outside my house listening to the radio. He had pulled up thirty minutes ago and neither of us seemed able to move.

"You know I could have gotten Scott to take me today"

"What do you mean?" his voice was raspy and deep, almost like I hadn't heard in forever.

"I mean you seemed like it killed you to be with me today. If it was that big of an issue I could've asked Scott"

"N-No you didn't do anythin- God I'm so stupid... You didn't do anything wrong I've just got some things on my mind"

"Wanna talk about it?"

"I need to tell you something" He finally let go of the steering wheel he had been gripping and rubbed his palms up and down the sides of his jeans. And just before he could begin again his phone went off.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah my mom just wants to know if you're coming to dinner?" he asked with pleading eyes.

"I could be persuaded" I joked, hoping to elicited some form of laugh from him. All I got was a smile and a deep kiss and for the time being it was enough for me.

No matter how much, or loudly I protested Derek carried me to the front step until I started squealing about how I wasn't a damsel. He laughed and handed me the crutches.

The tantalizing smell of Mrs.Hale's cooking had me drooling and hobbling to the kitchen. I loved her home cook meals, there was a shortage in my house after my mom died but she was always willing to make them for me.

That happiness was short lived once I finally made it to the dining room. I recognized him the minute we locked eyes. I had only seen glimpses of him in pictures but I knew without a doubt who he was. It was Derek's ex "Michael" he smiled extending an arm towards me "You must be the Stiles I've heard so much about"

And before I could blink Derek was standing between us "You know what mom Stiles and I might just get take-out"

"No way I made a perfectly good dinner"

"Mom-"

"Derek luca Hale sit down" and he did. Not being able to go against his mother.

So the agonizing dinner began. Derek shooting daggers at Michael while clutching my hand under the table giving me reassuring squeezes every now and then. All the while I sat there stunned to say the least. I was upset Michael was there, upset Derek didn't tell me and overall just upset at the current situation. But something in the pit of me said I had nothing to worry about. I tried to find all the love Derek claimed he had for me and hold on to it.

"So Michael how long are you down here?" Mr.Hale asked. He seemed to be the only one oblivious to all the tension in the room.

"Well I thought I'd stay the rest of break but it might be shorter than that" Scott and Cora looked up at me as I continued to scoop a spoonful of peas.

"Maybe Derek and Stiles could show you around while you're here? These two can be quite the pair"

"Well let's not forget which pair came first" Michael sneered obviously taking a shot. It hurt and pissed me off but it seemed to cut Derek somewhere deeper. Not only could I see it in his eyes but I could feel it in my hand which he was squeezing and for I moment I think he forgot about his super strength. And that's how dinner went. Hostile glares, subtle shots from Michael, and all eyes on us.

After dinner Derek managed to convince his mother he and I could handle the dishes ourselves so we could be alone. I was dryinga plate when all I could do was shrug "I guess that could've been worse"

"Were you not in there! He was mocking our relationship, and taking jabs every second he got. You should be pissed, why aren't you pissed?"

I took his hands and wrapped them around my waist so I could pull him close. And as he calmed down I could feel his puffs of air become less harsh and more calming "Unless you plan on leaving me for him we have nothing to be worried about. He can take all the jabs he wants, but at the end of the day it's still you and me right?"

"Right" He let his thumb circle my cheek as he pressed our foreheads together seemingly calm for the first time that night "Thank you for being my voice of reason"

"It's what I'm here for" I went in for an innocent peck but Derek being Derek had to deepen it. I went along with it until he kitchen door creaked open and Michael was there to ruin yet another moment.

DEREK POV

"So this is who you choosing over me?" I let his lips go and almost instinctively stood in front of Stiles.

"Michael please. I don't want to do this. There's no future for us" and Stiles stood back watchin it unflod. He gazed upon the both of us as if it were a double dutch match and he was finding the perfect time to jump in, but he never did.

"But I'm here to get you back" he scoffed in disbelief "What about what we had? You said you'd never find anything better"

And almost as if I was whispering it to myself "I guess I was wrong"

"You're gonna regret this"

I watched him drift away almost endlessly before I could face Stiles. I had finally bolted closed the door that connected me to Michael for good.

"I'm sorry"

He shrugged and just stared at me with this look in his eyes "It's fine"

"What's wrong?"

"You told me you'd never find anything better too. I can't help but think one day you'll take that back"

"Sti that's different"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. This is love and I'm sure of it, I never felt this with Michael that makes all the difference in the world" he didn't look convince and for a while it felt like my heart was dropping "You do believe me don't you?"

"Yeah. I guess I just needed to hear it"

We spent the rest of spring break together. Some days we spent in just silence, Stiles was a little on edge for a while after that night. But as the break began to wind down he was almost himself again.

School started back up that week, and with it an entire new wave of problems. It was almost as if everytime we got comfortable something had to come crashing down. Stiles was barely able to walk again, he was still using crutches. But there was nothing that could make him run any faster after what he saw that first day back. We crossed the threshold into the narrow and packed hallways of the school and for a moment it seemed like an ordinary day. Until the looks came and the snickers and the whispered conversations. Then we saw it. Plastered all throughout the courtyard was an arsenal of pictures, all of me and Stiles. We were kissing in some in others we were just laughing and others we were simply gazing at each other.

I finally willed myself to look over, that's when I saw Stiles had a single tear streaming down his cheek. The stares and whispers were all things I knew he hated and for the first time I didn't know how to comfort him.

"What happened?" Cora rushed out as her and Scott came running up to us hand in hand.

"Michael happened" was what I got out.

"He said he'd get you back" he began "And he was right"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 910 15
Stiles and Derek are having the time of their lives as a couple. And though his parents Dean and Cas are at time skeptical (mainly Dean) they are hap...
27.8K 1K 13
Stiles and Derek have a short lived relationship. After being apart for a month, Derek suggests they be friends with Benefits. No strings attached. ...
173K 7.6K 100
Ever wonder how text messages between the pack would look like? Well, something like this This book contains a whole story with just text messages b...
502K 18.3K 22
Slight rewrite done March of 2022 Derek and Stiles fight their feelings for each other. What happens when they finally open up to each other? Sterek...