Straight through the Heart

By lystrandra

-Story #2 of Nerd in Disguise- The name's Naomi Jax Smith. People call me Jax for short. The dude to my 3 o'c... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 42

3.6K 204 38
By lystrandra

"Hurry your asses up!" I hear my Uncle Leo yell barely above the sound of gunfire and shouts. 

"Calm yourself, you old man! We are hurrying!" Dante responds as he presses his foot down even more on the gas pedal. I watch alarmingly as the speedometer hits over 100 mph. 

I cross my fingers and hope that we don't run into anything and get in a fatal accident. 

"I can see your overactive imagination boiling in that head of yours. We will be fine! I'm a great driver!" My uncle drifts his attention on me for a few seconds before glancing back at the road. I test my seat belt to make and grab onto something just in case. 

Dean and Kayla crack a small smile at my reaction as they still appear unfazed. It must come from experience. 

Dante starts slowing down as we reach the closest town to the meeting area. Dean takes over the driving as Dante and I hop out. We look around for some sort of transportation that will match the motorcyclists. Dozens of civilians scurrying around us. Dante taps my shoulder to cover up my face with my desert head scarf. We try to remain nonchalant as we sharply observe our surroundings. The place is a little rundown but there's still outdoor market and businesses open. 

By this time, Dean and the rest of them have driven off. I nudge my head to a tavern that has a lot of bikes nearby. It looks like the local biker gang. I don't think I have seen such a stereotypical scene as if it is pulled directly from a movie. 

Dante chuckles. "You're crazy. We need to be efficient and not start an all-out biker gang war." He tilts his head for me to follow him. We wander down an alley as I rush to follow his quick paces. Despite knowing that he has never been here, he acts confidently with every stride and navigates swiftly. 

We end up a few feet away from a gas station. Crouching and waiting next to him, we wait. It doesn't take several minutes before two trucks carrying motorcycles in their trunks pull through. The passenger and driver of the second truck fill up their tank before heading inside the store for snacks or a bathroom break. The driver and passenger in the first truck get out to stretch their legs and fill up their gas. 

I am too busy scoping out the scene before I notice Dante's absence. I get up and rush on over to help him but he's already got it covered. Dante quickly hides behind the trunk and chokes the passenger to sleep when the guy walks around the truck. He gently puts him to the side of the truck. 

"Ricardo?" The driver looks around for his friend. Dante pops up and slams him with one straight punch. The guy crumples and falls. This all happens in a couple minutes. Dante throws me the keys as I unlock the chains from the bikes. The bikes are both for a grown adult, but I adjust it a little. 

I whistle in appreciation when I see it's a sleek, but dust covered Ducati. These babies are a sweet find. Putting the key into ignition, my body shakes in excitement with the rum of the engine. 

"Hey!" A shot is fired and I duck immediately. Looking at the store, I see the two other men discover our theft. 

"Time to go." Dante and I look at each other before we both slash their tires. Glancing back, I see them run to their cars and start their engines before they realize their tires are flat. There's a part of me that feels bad, but I'm too busy paying attention to my sick ride. 

Dante revs his engines at me and shoots out ahead of me. Oh no you don't. My competitiveness ignites as I try to outrace him. We aren't that far from the meeting area, but might as well have fun going for it. 

I wave teasingly as I soon catch up to Dante and ride past him as I leave him in a trail of dust. As I soon familiarize myself with the motorcycle, I start adjusting my weapons so I am fully loaded and ready to fire at the second's notice. 

Up ahead, I see dust clouds form along with bright flashes of gunfire. 

The battle has begun. 

I mean, it's not hard to miss in this vast, empty desert. However, I notice one big miscalculation. The damn transport vehicles are still moving. 

"WHY ARE THEY MOVING?" I yell to Dante over the ruckus of noise. 

"I DON'T KNOW..." Dante's voice sounds mildly worried with a tinge of excitement?

Me being a huge movie geek, I can't but think this is like a Mad Max and Fast and Furious movie collaboration scene where they're in the desert trying to kill each other. I'm hoping it doesn't become as gory as those movie scenes because the people on the motorcyclists die. 

There's three of our trucks against their five trucks and five motorcyclists. I think the odds can be in our favor. 

The three of our trucks are firing against the five trucks. I'm not surprised to see the twins both hanging from each side of their trucks as they shoot their machine guns. It isn't before long when the motorcyclists switch targets as they spot us. 

Here comes trouble! By trouble, I mean me. 

I rev my baby and flashily pull the front wheel up before slamming it down. Using my legs for control, I grab the M16 that I hid behind my cape since I sneakingly swiped it from our weapons. 

"COME AND GET ME BITCHES!" Dante and I say in unison as we charge towards them like the stupid pair we are. The two of us really don't have any plan whatsoever. 

I swerve out of the way as they fire at us. The two of us split up. For a second, I wonder why they have an uneven amount of motorcyclists, but I decide to focus on the killers right now. Right now, this is going to look like a hit rather than an accident. Then, just as quickly as the assault had come, everything stops. 

There's the "power outage." I knew Rob would save the day. The motorcyclists and drivers look dumbly at their vehicles. The motorcyclists try to restart their engines and get confused. 

That's what you get for using electronically powered shit, you dumb fucks. It's hackable. 

I don't waste another second as I power right through the closest motorcyclist and ram him with the lifted front wheel. One down and one more to go. The other biker has caught on and has jumped off his bike. He proceeds to fire his gun at me. I drive in a random and jerky pattern, creating dust clouds to distract the gunman. 

I love you...I wistfully let go of the bike and let it go directly towards the gunman. I can just imagine his widened eyes as the bike crushes him. I leap off the seat with all my might and try to use my gut instinct to land properly. I land somewhat awkwardly due to my desert mask covering my view and robe catching more air. I flip and roll enough to cushion most of the impact though I still feel like shit as I hit the desert sand. 

I hear an engine approach me and I clumsily get up to defend myself. I see it's only Dante approaching me.

 "Remind me that movie stunts aren't quite as glamorous in real life," I grumble and rub my ass and shoulder painfully. My stupid weapons made the landing very painful too...but I guess I should be glad it didn't stab or shoot me in the landing. 

"It was quite a sight, Nomi." I get on the desert bike behind me as it struggles a little under both our weights. 

Dante stops in front of two prone bodies of the motorcyclists and their bikes. He's only a few feet before the bikes explode. We both step back from the heat. Grabbing his rob he tries to extinguish the fire.

"We don't really have time for that..." I state weakly as I cough from the smoke.

"Yeah, but I don't want to start a fire." Dante manages to extinguish it somehow. Perhaps he is a magician. 

"Your priorities...you know what, never mind." I shrug and reach over to grab my Ducati. Sadly, I examine it and realize it's a bit too broken to ride. 

The two of us look ahead and see the gunfire has stopped. We eventually approach them and see that Lucian has been cuffed and tied. I stop and a part of me doesn't recognize Lucian. It seems like a dream and I feel disconnected. 

Pearl's deathly glare follows him as he is escorted inside Team A's trunk by Lia and Uncle Leo. The rest of the men are on their knees tied up in front of their vehicles. I glance at the faces and don't see my dad. I thought he was going to accompany Lucian. 

"Where's-?" I am about to ask Pearl but she already knows what I'm going to ask.

"I think he's at the plane waiting for Lucian. This plan was a little messy, but we got him in the end." Pearl's dark expression almost makes me a little worried about her. Then, she brightens as she stares at me. "Are you okay? We got the motherfucker." 

"Yeah," I nod briefly. I still haven't really sat down and gave a long thought about seeing Lucian. I've bene busying myself so I didn't have to think about him. 

I'm not sure why but I walk to the trunk where Lucian is being held to see him. The twins just close the doors on him. 

"Hey, can I see him?" 

"Why?" Nicco studies me weirdly.

"I don't think now is the time. We need to leave now." Lorenzo finally answers. The two of them climb onto the roof of their vehicle and sit to stay guard.  

I am about to argue but decide against it. Instead, I climb back into my vehicle with Celeste and Dante. Uncle Tony, Dean, Kayla, and Celeste are sitting in the cargo area. 

"Our vehicle exploded." Uncle Tony shrugs in explanation. The car ride is difficult for me as everyone tries to keep up the good mood due to the success of the mission. However, we all feel like there is something off. At least, I feel like there is something off about me in general. 

"To getting the bad guy," Celeste gives a small cheer before we drive back. 

To getting the bad guy....

______

A/N

Whatcha think? Is this the end? Lucian is caught and all's gonna be Gucci?

:) thanks for waiting!

lemme know if you have any comments, thoughts, opinions,..general "hellos"

tune in in 2 weeks. 

love, 

lystra

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 70 31
**THIS IS UNEDITED ** Kayla and her twin sister Tierra (aka KT Twinz) have been through some ups and downs in life but what happens when they come to...
294K 7.9K 42
She's troublesome. He lives for trouble. Both embedded with their own secrets and lies. A girl who's self-destruction leads her to a camp for delinqu...
198K 4.6K 48
I've always been told me to value my family. To love and cherish them. I always did until one frightful day that my entire family collapsed and it wa...