The Space Between

By AViolentEmotion

Some things are better left undone. Some things aren't meant to be said. Unfortunately they couldn't leave we... More

Someone Should Have Warned Me
You've Been Lonely Too Long
Your Mouth Is Poison Your Mouth Is Wine
The Closer You Come The Weaker I Get
I Promise I'm Gonna Hurt You
Fade To Black
When One Of Us Puts Down the Gun
Not Strong Enough To Say No
I Just Wanna Bring You Down So Badly
I Die Each Time You Look Away
We're Going Down Swinging
Come Break Me Down
I'd Add Up What You Mean To Mean To Me But...
Turn Off All The Lights
I Can't Do This Anymore
Life Kinda Just Keeps Happenimg
And I Will Swallow My Pride
You'll Never Know
I Know Someone Who'd Take Your Place
She Put That Bottle To Her Head And Pulled The Trigger
Staring Down The Barrel Of A .45
Walk A Little Straighter
It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing
Thunder Only Happens When It's Raining
I Don't Have A Choice
If Tomorrow Never Comes
What If I Was Nothing
You Won't Ever Be Lonely

This Type Of Thinking Could Do Us In

2.5K 89 2
By AViolentEmotion

As I walked back into the house, I knew I was in deep shit. I shouldn't have kissed her. She's marrying my little brother. What the hell was I thinking? I slammed the door as I entered the house and stomped upstairs to my room. I threw myself into my bed and let out a shaky breath. I had no idea what the hell I was supposed to do. The second I saw her, it was like a fire ignited in my chest. She was mesmerizing. I literally couldn't take my eyes off of her. I knew it was wrong, but I wanted her badly. Frustrated, I kicked off my boots and climbed into my blankets. I didn't even bother getting undressed. I drifted into a dreamless sleep and before I knew it, the sun was peeking through my curtains.

I stumbled out of bed and got into the shower. Shane and I had to fix a damaged fence today and quite honestly I welcomed the distraction. I came out to here to get away from my problems in LA, not make more.

"Mornin' shithead." I said to Shane as I walked into the kitchen.

He lightly shoved me as I passed by.

"You ready to do some real work?" He asked with a smirk.

"If you're implying that I don't actually work for a living, I'm gonna whoop your ass Shana." I said to him, purposely referring to him as a girl.

"Someone's extra grumpy this morning." He said laughing.

"No, you're just stupid." I said with a smirk. "Come on. Lets get going." I said.

As I turned around, I ran right into Selena.

"S...sorry." She stammered, as she grabbed a hold of the counter to balance herself.

I could tell she was extremely nervous.

"It's ok. It's my fault. I wasn't paying attention." I said, touching her arm lightly.

She immediately pulled it away.

"Are you hurt?" I asked.

"Umm, no I'm fine. I just need..."

"Well this super awkward." Joe interrupted with a grin.

"Fuck off." I grumbled. "Let's go." I said as I moved past Selena to walk outside.

I went into the stables and grabbed a halter for my horse. I could hear Shane behind me doing the same thing. Once we had our horses ready to go, we rode off toward the ridge line.

"So what was that all about?" He asked me as we rode side by side.

"What?" I said shrugging.

"You know what? She looked like she couldn't wait to get away from you." He said raising an eyebrow.

I reached over and knocked his hat off his head.

"It's nothing." I answered. "I don't think she likes me much." I said with a smirk.

"We'll I can't even imagine why. You're so warm and welcoming." He teased as he rolled his eyes.

"Can we just drop it?" I asked him.

"Aww, poor Demi is all butthurt." He said in a whiny mocking tone.

"Dude, there are literally no witnesses out here and I have a gun..." I warned.

He laughed and we continued to ride in silence.

Once we made it to the damaged fence, I got down off my horse to inspect the damage.

"Damn." I said. "He tore the shit out of this fence."

"Yup. It's fucking mangled." Shane said from his horse. "Like most of your relationships." He added laughing loudly.

I rolled my eyes. "You're seriously the oldest?"

"Brains and beauty." He said smiling.

"Get off your high horse." I quipped "And lets get this shit fixed."

We spent the next couple of hours repairing the fence. Once we finished, we headed back toward the house. I was grumpy and ready to be home. Shane was getting on my last nerve.

"What are you doing here anyway Dem?" He asked. "Dad told me that you had said something about moving back here. What are you running from?"

"I'm not running from anything Shane. I'm just tired of LA." I answered.

"Bullshit." He said. "I know you."

"Not as well as you think you do." I snapped back. "I told you, I'm just sick of the city."

"It's not like you have the kind of life you can just leave without explanation Dem." He said seriously.

"Don't fucking remind me." I mumbled.

"Speaking of which, do you think Selena realized who you were?" He asked smiling.

"I'm pretty sure that unless she lives under a rock, she knows who I am." I said, looking at him like he was absolutely stupid.

"I don't know." He said, clicking his tongue. "I don't think she knows."

"You're stupid." I said. "Nate probably told her."

"Nate didn't tell her shit! She's clueless." Shane teased.

"Will you just shut up. I don't want to talk about Selena anymore." I told him.

"She's super hot. I'd hit it." He says randomly. "What do you think?"

I rolled my eyes. This fucking guy. You have no idea, I thought to myself. I let out a sigh.

"No. She's not my type."

He didn't say anything. He just smirked and shook his head. We got back to the house with several hours to spare before dinner. I decided to spend it napping. I walked over to the big oak in the middle of the yard and leaned up against it. I lowered my hat over my eyes and folded my hands across my stomach. I could feel the light breeze as it tickled my arms. Once I was relaxed I felt myself drift into a peaceful slumber.

I woke up slightly startled. Someone had kicked my leg. It wasn't a hard kick but it wasn't exactly friendly either.

"Get up. We need to talk." I heard Selena say.

"Go away. I'm sleeping." I grumbled.

I felt her snatch my hat off my head. "I don't really care." She said in response.

She was frowning.

"I like it when you're angry." I smirked. "So forceful."

She looked like she wanted to slap me.

"Can you stop with the innuendo. It's inappropriate."

"Sure." I answer, looking her up and down.

She had nice hips.

"Whatever this thing is that's happening, it needs to stop." She said her voice cracking slightly.

"And what exactly is it that you think is happening?" I asked.

I couldn't help but smile. I found this entire confrontation amusing.

"Are you attracted to me?" I added trying to get a rise out of her.

"Absolutely not!" She sputtered. Trying to look completely horrified. It wasn't really working, I could see right through it.

"Then whats the issue?" I asked nonchalantly.

"Are you fucking serious right now?" She said narrowing her eyes at me.

I could tell she was getting annoyed with me. She folded her arms across her chest and rested her weight on one leg causing her hips to stick out slightly.

"Oh, you must still have your panties in a bunch from when we kissed."

"We kissed? No, you kissed me." She said pointing at me me angrily.

"That's not what I remember." I said as I pushed myself up onto my feet. "I distinctly remember you participating completely and quite...eagerly I might add." I stated as I walked closer to her. "In fact." I said tracing my fingers along her shoulder to her throat, pausing at the hollow in her neck. "I remember the way you moaned when I pulled you in close."

She bit her bottom lip as I invaded her personal space. I could tell she was extremely nervous. Her face was flushed and she was breathing heavier than normal.

"Stop." She whispered.

"As you wish." I answered and I walked away, leaving her standing once again in the yard to contemplate what the hell just happened.

I went inside and grabbed a beer out of the fridge. I saw Nate sitting at the chess table with dad.

"Ah, a battle of intelligence." I said as I pulled a chair over, turning it so that the back of the chair was facing them.

I lifted a leg over the seat and rested my arms on the back of the chair as I watched them play. I heard Selena stomp into the house. Nate glanced up and shook his head.

"Could you stop pissing her off?" He asked me.

"Me?" I said my voice slightly high.

"Yes. You. Demi." He said seriously.

"I haven't done anything!" I lied.

"Sometimes it's not what you've done Demi that causes someone to be upset, it's what you don't do." I heard my dad say as he glanced up at me from behind his glasses.

"Dad, are you serious? I have no idea what that even fucking means?" I say sighing.

"It means stop being an asshole and go fix whatever youve done." Nate said raising an eyebrow. "She's going to be my wife. You need to get along."

"Exactly. Your wife. Not mine. Your problem. Not mine."

"You're unbelievable." Nate said shaking his head.

"I'll catch you later." I said as I got up and walked away.

I felt like public enemy number one right now.

I went upstairs and picked up my guitar. I closed my eyes and remembered the sound of a sold out arena. I smiled and sat down on my bedroom floor. I started to play my guitar and I just let my feelings guide the music. I found my thoughts drifting to Selena. That girl made me want to do very bad things. I know that she's my brothers fiancé, but I wanted to taste her. I've always been the type of person that wants things that they can't have. Once the novelty wears off, I move on. I wanted to conquer her. I wanted to hear my name on her lips as I touched every inch of her body.

Once I had grown tired of playing my guitar, I went back downstairs for another beer. I felt slightly buzzed and I decided to go find Selena. I ja an overwhelming desire to see her squirm. It didn't take me too long to find her and once I did, I didn't bother with any pleasantries.

"I have a proposition for you." I say as I lean against the doorframe to the living room.

"And what's that?" She asked. I smiled when she didn't even look up from her book.

"There's an undeniable sexual tension between the two of us." I state, sounding completely bored.

I smirked when she lowered her book.

"Excuse me?" She questioned.

"You heard me." I said. "I have solution." I added.

She rolled her eyes. "What might that be?"

"Let's fuck." I said.

Her mouth opened in shock. "You're a real piece of work."

"So I've been told." I answer dryly.

"Absolute not. I would never cheat on Nate with you or anyone else. I love him." She said defiantly.

"Fair enough. I'm just trying to solve our little problem." I say shrugging my shoulders.

"I'm not attracted to you." She said quickly.

"Yes you are." I reply.

"No I'm not."

I carefully walk over to her and place both my hands on either side of the recliner. I lean down close and bring my lips close to her ear.

"Yes you are." I whisper.

I could hear her breath catch as she swallowed a lump in her throat.

"I guarantee that my immediate proximity is causing you to be unable to think straight." I added, before pulling away slowly.

"I know this, because the same thing happens to me." I told her as I walked away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.9K 895 46
Words like a loaded gun. Sorry is something that I just can't say. Even if we survive, we'll crash down like an avalanche.
16.3K 552 6
Continuation to Drill Sergeant Lovato, by popular demand.
1.7K 25 1
Selena's always been there for Demi, through the good and bad. But tragic news interrupts a great time in their lives and tests their friendship. Wil...
19.8K 588 11
Every broken heart takes you to a pure lovely one