The Dark Wizards are Rising

By fanboy_obsession

Once the Dark Lord had heard about the Prophecy, he knew what he had to do. He went to Godric's Hollow to kid... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Prologue

13.2K 272 76
By fanboy_obsession

Summary: After the Dark Lord takes Harry in, he grows up as his son alongside his blood adopted, twin brother. They are tutored under the Dark Lord and grow up with inner circle Death Eater children. When the triwizard Tournament comes up and the Dark sees it as an advantage to them. Harry is sent to Hogwarts and they take over.

Sorry for the vague summary, I didn't want to spoil anything. Enjoy!

Godric's Hollow

October 31st, 1981

Lily rocked her son soothingly in his crib, for being only a year old the raven-haired boy was one huge bundle of energy and it always took forever to get him to settle down at night. He was just like his father, James Potter, in that way. Lily smiled affectionately, sighing with relief as Harry's eyes began to droop and he finally drifted off. Harry was always so peaceful when he slept, he was her little angel. His crib rocked softly, soothing the little boy into a deep tranquil sleep. The calming nursery mobile turned slowly above Harry's crib and the dancing sugar plum fairies sparkled in the pale moonlight.

Even at the late hour, James was still out with Sirius and Remus doing heaven only knows what while Peter was off at the Ministry of Magic working overtime at his new job. He has just received a job offer from them out of the blue, probably from Sirius and James's thorough recommendations. Peter was excited about it, but he always seemed on the nervous and jittery side whenever he was asked questions about it so nobody really knew exactly what he was up too.

Ever since Dumbledore had taken them to their safe house James had been bored out of his mind. Considering that he couldn't go to his job and his friends weren't allowed to visit, it was no wonder. He was always pacing around and looking for something to do until had Lily finally had enough. She'd talked to Dumbledore and he had allowed James to go out with his closest friends for the night, just so he would stop complaining and get it out of his system, but he was only to go if they stayed strictly at muggle areas. The last thing they needed was for the Death Eaters to get wind of the fact that he was out of hiding, even if it was just for the night. Dumbledore assured them that the wards around Godric's Hollow were locked up tight and the fact that nobody even knew where they were put Lily's mind to ease. She wouldn't let it show, but she was terrified. She didn't want to lose her baby or her husband, she wouldn't let it happen.

Lily slowly stood from her chair next to Harry's crib and leaned down to press a soft kiss to her son's forehead, smiling as she brushed his hair away from his face in a loving gesture, before leaving the nursery to head back towards the bedroom she and James shared. Even with it being dark and quiet the house seemed to radiate warmth and love, a perfect place to go to feel welcome. The night was so peaceful and calm, everything seemed normal. Nothing out of place, or so they had thought.

After half an hour of reading and waiting for James to arrive back home Lily had finally succumbed to sleep, unfortunately, for the light side at least, the perfect time for the one they had all tried so hard to escape to make his move.

The Dark Lord apparated to the outskirts of Godric's Hollow, one thing firmly in place in his mind, to kidnap the one-year-old child that slept peacefully in the house before him. His own son was home, awaiting his new twin brother. The prophecy clearly stated that the Potter child would be the only one able to stop him, but why kill him if he has so much power?

The more cunning decision would be to kidnap him and treat him as his own, making the boy think he was the Dark Lord's son so he would never dream of killing his own father. And Voldemort was nothing if not cunning, that's what made him a Slytherin at heart. With the added support of Lycoris, Harry's soon-to-be new brother, the green-eyed boy would never falter from the dark side.

The Dark Lord had been planning this night in great detail for months, ever since the idea had been placed in his mind, and with the help of Severus Snape, his trusted follower, it had all became possible. He had assigned Snape to be his spy at Hogwarts and pretend to double cross him just to earn Dumbledore's trust.

Snape had begged him to not kill Lily and since he was one of his most valuable spies and had always been faithful, the Dark Lord had decided to give him this for his service and as a gift for his months of help on his plan to kidnap Harry. He said he wouldn't kill Lily if she stayed out of his way, and hopefully, for Severus's sake, she would.

The Dark Lord closed his eyes and felt the wards around the place. They were strong, but the Dark Lord had a lot of tricks up his sleeve. He bypassed every ward that was put on the manor and soon the wards fell. The order would be notified, but the Dark Lord would be gone with his new son before they would get there.

"Silencio," The Dark Lord muttered upon entering the grounds of the Potter's house, casting the spell on himself and instantly silencing his footsteps. When he pushed open the gate it creaked like it had been used a thousand times, even the creak was wearing out. He walked down the path of the garden toward the house, the night air suddenly becoming eerily quiet as he walked as if all the nights' creatures knew who he was and what he could do. The garden surrounding him was beautifully kept, most likely because of Lily Potter. The luscious assortment of flowers that gleamed in the pale moonlight gave off an assortment of scents.

The unlocked door made no noise as he opened it, a wicked smile graced his lips at their carelessness, and walked inside. Looking around the warm home he saw a fire was blazing in the living room, being the only source of light in the home. Picture frames were hung up around the house, mostly family portraits. There was a bookshelf that lined the wall, books of all colors and shapes filled it and by the look of the heavily creased spines, it seemed like every book had been opened at least once every week for the past year.

This was very different from anything he had ever seen, the feeling of the home brought a sense of warmth and comfort; something that the Dark Lord had only experienced once before, at the birth of his son. He would never admit it, but his son had grown on him, he was unsure if he would call it love, maybe extreme pride and joy. Lycoris was a mischievous little boy for being only a year old, he took after his father like that. He was a daddy's boy and loved whenever he was the center of attention. The Dark Lord knew that he was unable to love, but he could be proud and joyful whenever he thought of his son.

The Dark Lord slipped through the house, his black robes billowing, finally finding the child's nursery at the end of a long hall. His jet-black hair and dark eyes blended into the darkness around him, his pale complexion being the only thing visible in the quiet hallway. The Dark Lord seemed a couple years older than his former Hogwarts self, which made him dashingly handsome.

He slipped into the room, his eyes immediately focusing on the sleeping child. He walked to the white crib where the boy lay, stopping by its edge and looked down at the boy. The boy's wild hair was as dark as the nights' sky outside, his small face was thin and slightly angular and the Dark Lord knew that behind those closed lids were piercing green eyes. He reached down, and, with a gentleness only a few have ever seen, he picked up the one-year-old, tucking him safely in his arms like he had done so many times with his own son. With a flick of his wrist, he nonverbally cast a spell to summon a bunny away from the small pile of stuffed animals in the corner and to the crib.

The bunny hung in midair and as he yet again waved his hand it started to twist and transfigure it into something new until there was no longer a bunny in front of him but an exact replica of the boy sleeping peacefully in his arms. Taking his wand out and removing the silencing charm off himself the Dark Lord proceeded to put a spell on Harry to make sure he didn't hear anything and would stay asleep. He was so used to casting the spell on his son that it took almost no thought at all.

"AVADA KEDAVA!" The Dark Lord's voice echoed through the still night air as he pointed his wand at the bunny and Lily Potter woke up with a start at the noise. The dark words left his mouth with ease as he was so used to casting the spell. It barely even took energy to produce it.

The bunny lay in the crib, a haze of green smoke surrounding it, clearly looking like the boy, dead.

The Dark Lord's silken laugh filled the house and all who lived in Godric's Hollow that night woke at the sound of it, children's frightened cries carrying on long after the crack of his apparition sounded. The last of his cloak disappearing just as he heard Lily Potter's frantic scream and the sound of her feet running on a mission to find her child. He cast the Dark Mark over the house, smiling at what James Potter would be coming home to, and apparated to Slytherin Manor leaving the mother and father childless.

Everything had gone just as planned, he was holding Harry Potter, the one prophesized to be his downfall, in his arms taking him to his new home, to his new life. Before he had left the manor earlier to retrieve his new son, he put false memories into Bellatrix's mind. He wanted her to think that Harry was her son so she would raise him alongside Lycoris without question. Bellatrix was always so cruel to people that she deemed unworthy. He would not allow her to screw up his plans.

Lycoris was to be Harry's twin, they would form a connection between them and trust each other. The Dark Lord had already implanted into Lycoris's brain to never betray the Dark Lord, and as the two boys grew older Lycoris would stay with that idea and Harry would most likely follow his twin. The Dark Lord had planned to make the two boys the future rulers of his kingdom, and he had to be sure that they would never betray each other. They must have a deep connection that would make them even more powerful.

Harry would be renamed to Braxton Gaunt so that nobody could piece two and two together. The only people who knew about Lycoris or that Bellatrix had a pregnancy was Bellatrix and the Dark Lord himself. He planned on telling his death eaters when the boys were approaching their teens and powerful enough to defend themselves if anyone tried to challenge them. Only the inner circle would know about the boys existence.

The Dark Lord apparated into his son's bedroom, the dark stone walls surrounding him. On both sides of the room were cribs. The left side had a black crib with green bedsheets and engraved on the wall above it was his older son's name, Lycoris Marvolo Gaunt. Inside the crib was the youngling asleep.

On the other side of the room was the same design except for that name Braxton Morfin Gaunt, stood out fiercely against the stone. The Dark Lord hated the muggle side of his ancestry and he preferred to not be reminded of his mother's foolish decisions.

He would not let any child of his have the muggle surname of Riddle.

The Dark Lord set the sleeping bundle into his new crib. Braxton snuggled up in the green blankets and continued to sleep further into the land of dreams. He removed the silencing charm so if the dark-haired infant were to cry, someone would hear and attend to his needs.

The Dark Lord then took out his wand and cut the palm of his hand so fresh blood would emerge. The blood freely flowed out of the open wound and he focused on the words he would utter next, this was a crucial incantation, the words of a dark and ancient ritual that would forever bind the two infants to each other and to him.

He approached his first born and opened the child's mouth. Tom still muttering the incantation, smiled when the room started glowing softly. The Dark Lord relaxed his palm to allow three drops of his blood drop into the child's mouth.

Tom went to the other crib and did the same thing with the other boy. The small infant's features began to slowly morph to resemble those of Lycoris and of the Dark Lord, almost as though he were clay being molded into something new. The small boy's features matched the other boys perfectly, the only difference in the boys were their eyes. Lycoris's eyes were a jet-black, identical to the Dark Lord's, but Braxton's were the same rich emerald green of his true mother's eyes, Lily Potter. The Dark Lord felt the power surrounding Braxton, felt that some of Lily's magic was still there, but he couldn't tell why. Little did the Dark Lord know that Lily's magic was still there, protecting the child.

Harry Potter was no more, the boy in the crib was now Braxton Morfin Gaunt, son of Tom Marvolo Riddle and Bellatrix Lestrange.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.2K 2.3K 22
Twins...twins were born in the Potter Household. The Lady didn't love them. Their third born was who they adored the most. These twins only craved lo...
60 0 25
When a couple arrives to adopt Thomas Cloverleigh, a decade-old secret is revealed to him that apparently he's the last to know. His mother was a wit...
808K 61.4K 54
❝If by my life or death I can protect you, I will.❞ The Chosen One is kidnapped from the Dursley household and it turns out to be the best damn thing...
49.7K 977 15
. Harriet Evan potter found out the truth about how the leader of the light lies about everything, and how the people she taught were families were s...