Love At First Sight (A Harry...

By AshleyXXStyles

*THIS STORY WAS WRITTEN IN 2012 WHEN I WAS 13. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.* Alice Paige has been a massive Directio... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
*IMPORTANT NOTICE*
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 17

21.1K 181 38
By AshleyXXStyles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note -

Hi, cupcakes! (:

I've made chapter 17 a bit longer, because... I'm sorry to say this but I won't be able to upload until next Friday or Saturday! I have band camp from 9am-9pm every day this week, Monday - Friday! It's so exhausting and by the time I get home every day I'm just going to want to sleep :P

Thank you so so SO much, honestly though, because I'm at almost 16,000 reads now, and just one week ago I was at 10,000! The number is increasing so fast, and I'm so happy that lots of people are enjoying my writing <3

I understand a few of you have asked me to read their fanfics. I would love to read them, of course! It's very hard to keep track of them, however, and remember which ones to read, since I'm so busy. If you REALLY want me to read yours, though, just dedicate a chapter to me, because I read all stories that are dedicated to me :D

I really really appreciate comments. Votes are amazing, too, don't get me wrong, but I just LOVE all of your comments because they make me smile, and they tell me what I am doing right :) So please continue to comment and vote! Also SHARE the story with your friends, or on twitter! I'd be so grateful <3  xoxo, ash (: xx

Sorry for ranting, here's.... CHAPTER 17!!!

Chapter 17:

My heart skipped a beat when I heard the sound of the doorbell. I took a deep breath to control myself and fixed my shirt. I jogged to the front door and reached for the handle, opening the door slowly.

"Harry!" I smiled, letting out a breath of air. He opened his arms, beckoning me in for a hug, so I closed the gap between our bodies as he pulled me in to a secure embrace. Several seconds later, he broke off the hug to kiss my cheek.

"You seem happy," he whispered to me, his lips grazing my ear, before pulling away.

I looked away blushing. My eyes returned to him as I replied, "Just happy to see you!" which caused an enormous grin to instantly spread across his face. Playfully, I poked one of his dimples, then opened my door further and welcomed him inside.

The curly-haired British boy followed me into the kitchen and took a seat at the counter. I opened the fridge to see what we had to eat. "What do you feel like having? We've got frozen pizza, macaroni & cheese, left-over spaghetti… What do you want?"

I continued looking through our food while waiting for Harry's response, but there was only silence. Curious as to why he didn't reply, I turned to face him. I tilted my head to the side, confused, when I saw him smiling, completely fascinated by what looked like a book. I walked around the counter to have a closer view of what he took so much interest in. When I realized what it was that caught his attention, I took a sharp intake of breath.

Harry's head snapped away from the book when he heard me gasp behind him, "Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to pry," he started to quickly close my family photo album. "I just saw this old photo album sitting on the counter and thought I could take a look," he paused, opening the cover once again, "Was this your mum?" he turned to look me in the eye.

I didn't look at him. I just stared at the picture of my mother and nodded. It was the same picture my dad and I were looking at the previous night. My mother sat on the grass, holding me when I was a toddler, with the most genuine smile a person could have.

"You have her eyes, Alice," he placed one finger under my chin, and tilted my head up, so he could see my light green eyes better, "Your mother was a gorgeous woman."

My mouth formed into a slight smile, as I nodded, "She really was." Harry could tell that it hurt me to talk about my mother, so he closed the album.

"So, what's cooking, good looking?" He flashed his signature cheeky smirk, instantly easing the mood.

I giggled loudly as I walked back towards the fridge, "We've got frozen pizza, is that okay? Cooking isn't exactly my forte."

"It's perfect," he grinned.

I started pre-heating the oven then sat down next to Harry. We made small conversation about when he was going home, what the other boys were doing, and what I was going to do when I finished school. Our conversation was interrupted by a call coming in from my cell phone, "Sorry, one second," I assured Harry, before picking up my phone and checking the caller I.D., "Huh."

"Who is it?" Harry questioned, curiously.

"It's my friend from school last year named Joyce. I haven't talked to her in a week or so, but we've been close friends for a long time. I wonder why she's calling."

Harry shrugged when I picked up the phone.

"Hey, Joyce! Haven't talked to in a while! What's up?"

I winced and pulled the phone away from my ear when all I heard in response to my question was loud screaming. Harry must have heard it too because his expression only became more confused.

"Joyce? What's going on?"

The screaming died down when she answered, "YOU DIDN'T TELL ME YOU WERE DATING HARRY STYLES!  How could you not tell me this?!" My eyes widened, and Harry's did, too, obviously hearing what she had asked. I made a mental note to turn my phone volume down later.

"Wait what? Where did you hear that?" I asked, frantically. I mouthed, "One second," to Harry while excusing myself from the room.

"Oh, please, Alice. Don't play stupid with me; I'm not an idiot. The entire twitter world knows you two are dating. There's pictures EVERYWHERE of you two hanging out – ONLY you two. What about Sara? Where is she?"

"Okay, Joyce, first of all, I don't think Harry and I are dating; I'm not exactly sure right now. Second-"

"What do you mean you don't THINK? Complicated, much?"

"Yeah, maybe a bit. We're really close; I can tell you that. And about Sara – she's been with Niall."

"Ugh, this is SO not fair! Two of my best friends are spending their summers chilling with the boys of One Direction while I'm stuck in Montana with my grandparents!"

"Sorry, babe. I'll tell you all about it later, but right now I'm making frozen pizza, and I think that-" I was interrupted by Harry calling from the kitchen.

"Alice! The oven is done heating; should I put the pizza in?" Harry yelled to me.

"Yeah, go ahead!" I shouted back, before returning my attention to my phone, "Look, Joyce, I can't talk right now, but I promise details later."

"Wait… Who was that in the kitchen? Oh my God! Was that Harry?"

I sighed deeply, "Yes, so I really can't talk right now; I'm being a bad host."

"Okay, well I'm expecting you to tell me everything later! I'm going to call Sara right now! Bye!"

"WAIT!"

"Huh?"

"Don't call Sara!!" I panicked. Sara was supposed to be talking with Niall right now about the girl in New York. I didn't want Joyce to get in the way.

"What? Why not?"

"She's…busy. Just don't call her. I'll explain later. I gotta go. Bye!" I hung up the phone and walked back into the kitchen, hoping Harry didn't somehow explode the pizza.

"Sorry about that," I said, returning to the kitchen.

"It's okay, love," he looked up from his phone and smiled.

"So the pizza is in the oven, I assume?" I asked.

"Of course!" Harry confirmed, "You don't trust me?" My heart melted as he flashed me a flirty wink.

I punched his arm, "Whatever."

Laughing, Harry asked, "So what did you and Joyce talk about?"

I became quiet and looked down, "Oh… Nothing really," I happen to be a terrible liar.

Harry raised an eyebrow in suspicion, "Really? You sure about that?"

I tried to cover my obvious face with my hair and nodded, without making eye contact. My lying skills were so awful it was embarrassing.

"Well alright then," Harry let it go, "Zayn sent me a quick text; he said to tell you hello."

I smiled at the gesture, "That's nice," I paused for a moment, deep in thought. If I didn't ask Harry about our relationship now, things would only become more and more awkward. "Hey Harry…" I started.

"Hm?" he tilted his head sideways and looked at me adorably.

"Well, you remember when we were in the car the other day, in the parking lot at Taco Bell?"

Harry grinned widely, obviously remembered what happened, "Yeah."

"So… We never really finished our conversation. About, well, what we are," I stammered, slightly uncomfortable with the subject.

Harry looked thoughtful, "I guess… I guess we could, you know, become…official," his eyes lifted to meet mine, "There's nothing else I want more. I'm only worried about you getting abused via twitter," he waited for my response.

"Hazza, the haters won't get to me. I can handle it; don't worry," I assured him. I leaned in and kissed his cheek, whilst ruffling his curls with my hand. The way Harry cared so much about me made me feel so protected.

He returned my smile, "Okay, if you're sure."

"I'm sure," I declared, never breaking eye contact.

"So… w- we're dating, then," Harry stated, with a small hint of question in his voice.

"If you say so, boyfriend," I winked and stood up to begin setting the table. Harry chuckled deeply and got up to help me.

By the time we had finished setting the table, the timer started beeping to let us know that the pizza was done. I took the pizza out of the oven and placed it on the table so we could begin eating.

After countless smiles and endless laughter, Harry and I did the dishes. Well, Harry washed, and I dried.

"By the way, love, I won't be able to see you tomorrow. I'm flying to Los Angeles to do a television interview with the boys."

"Yeah, I know. You keep forgetting I was a Directioner before I met you, babe," I smiled.

Harry grinned, "Of course," he looked down and checked his watch, "It's almost 9:30… I should probably go soon."

My eyes widened in surprise, "9:30? How did that much time pass? My dad should be home any minute. You wanna meet him?"

Harry put his hands in his pocket and looked down at his feet. He rocked back and forth, nervously, "Uh… Well, I don't know if-"

"You're nervous, aren't you?" I laughed and poked his chest.

He sighed in defeat, "What if he hates me? Or he doesn't approve?" I smiled. Harry looked confused, "What's so funny?"

"Nothing. It's just so cute how you're so worried about meeting my father," my smile grew wider, "Don't worry, though. Trust me, he's going to approve. He practically already knows you; I've talked about you boys so much over the past year."

A smile began to tug at his lips. He opened his mouth to reply when I heard the door to the garage open.

"ALICE! I'm home," the familiar voice of my dad echoed through the house.

"Hey, Dad. In the kitchen," I told him, "I have someone I want you to meet." I listened to his footsteps become louder and louder until he was facing me.

"Hi, Alice!" he turned to look at Harry, "Oh, you must be Harry! It's nice to meet you, son," my dad kindly greeted.

"The pleasure is mine, sir," Harry replied, formally, holding out his hand. My dad reached his hand out in response, and I watched in amazement as they firmly shook hands. Harry was such a gentleman, and my dad seemed impressed.

"Actually, Mr. Paige, I was just leaving, but was lovely to meet you," he added, in his adorable British accent.

My dad followed Harry and I to the door, where Harry gave me a gentle kiss on the cheek, before wrapping his arms around me, protectively.

"I love you," I whispered up into his ear.

"Love you, too," he breathed into my hair.

We pulled apart and looked into each other's eyes, "Bye, love," Harry said.

"See you in two days," I replied, with a smile on my face. Although it was only two days, I knew on the inside that I would miss him.

Hazza returned my smile, before turning and walking out the door. I shut it behind him, and turned to face my dad.

"Well, that boy seems lovely, Alice. Is he your boyfriend?" my dad asked me, curiously. I thought for a moment about how to reply.

"Umm… Yeah," I stated, simply.

"Well I certainly approve. He's quite the gentleman."

"I agree," I smiled, "I'm going to my room; see you tomorrow!"

"Good night, Al." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Again, thanks SO much to my dedicated readers, I can't even explain how much I love and appreciate every single one of you. Thank you to all my voters! Please comment, too, so I can see who's reading! Let me know what you think of this chapter. xoxo, ash (: xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 1.4K 50
A journey of my forever..... in a heartbeat. Cover by the beautiful Isla @inzeffable Love ya babe ❤ All rights reserved. This material may not be rep...
67.8K 875 21
Kendra and Harry Styles were bestfriends. But when Harry leaves for x-factor and becomes part of One Direction, he abandons Kendra, who depended heav...
4.8K 238 57
Emily Sinclair was just a typical 18 year old girl just about to start her life, She put out a tweet to meet Harry one morning and he took it seriou...
52 1 2
Hot and Cold. That's the only way she can describe it. When a young One Direction fan girl gets swept up with Harry Styles, the conflicting and unpre...