Reincarnated as an Incubus

Por _speculaas

Because of a God's mischief, Akane Saito reincarnated as a hybrid in a famous otome game. In this world, comp... Mais

1- The day the Evil God killed me
2- I reincarnated, but why do I feel something is wrong?
3- My cute little brother
5- First meeting with my father
|Characters' Profile|
6- Otome Game?!
|Side Story| - The God of All Evil

4- What am I?

15.5K 718 296
Por _speculaas

-Come on, little ones! The food is getting cold. - Aunt Iris called us out from the chalet's door. Luke and I were at the garden, taking care of our newly planted strawberry's bush.

Since Luke came to live with us, due to our common interest in gardening, we started planting all kind of different fruits and vegetables, even more than the ones I and auntie were used to grow. There were species that I've already seen in Earth, but also some new and surprising ones. For example, there is this tiny round fruit, lekker. Its yellowish green color doesn't look very appetizing, but its taste is incredibly close to chocolate. Not cacao, but really chocolate.

Think about it. A food that that tastes like chocolate, but it has a fruit's nutrients and doesn't get you fat. How much would this sell in my past world, I wonder...

Hearing my aunt's voice, I stood up from the ground. I shook my hands, covered in dirt, and turned to Luke. The ten years old boy was happily playing with the soil, a cheerful smile on his face. Five years after joining our little family, Luke has grown up lovely. Healthy and tender skin, flushed pink cheeks. Those big green eyes are always shining in joy now, and that previous bony body has gained enough meat to turn him into a wonderful hugging pillow. I smile at this scene and called him out.

-Let's go, Luke. Auntie is waiting for us. - as he came to me, I cleaned his dirty face with my sleeve, smiling helpless by the sight of the mess he had done. He rested his face in my hands, caressing his cheeks against my skin, like a puppy asking for affection. Oh, dear God, how much cuter can he be?

Together, we made our way home. There was a delicious smell coming from the kitchen and aunt Iris was waiting for us with the table already set.

-Go clean yourselves, boys. You're not allowed to enter the kitchen like that. - aunt Iris's voice was rigid, but fondness was evident in her eyes and she couldn't quite hide the smile at the corner of her mouth.

After washing our hands and faces, we could finally start eating. Today's lunch was composed of baked potatoes and a soft and juicy meat, more specifically, the meat of a six-armed monkey. Yes, monkey. The animal was commonly inserted in our diet because, well, it's really tasty, and it's also relatively easy to hunt, since the beast is spread through all the forest.

At first, I didn't know that it was monkey's meat. When I found out the truth, I couldn't eat meat for weeks. I was more chocked by its origin, than the fact that the monkey had six arms.

Well, by that time, I was already used to this world's strangeness.

Anyway, the one responsible of catching our food is aunt Iris. You would never guess, by looking at her delicate body and gentle features, that she is such an amazing huntress. It's also important to point out that light magic's utility isn't restricted to healing and creating sparkling butterflies. Concentrated light burns like a laser, as harmful as any fire, and a sudden bright flash can stun you or even cause blindness.

You could think that, instead of hunting, we could just raise our own cattle. Trust me, I've already thought of that, but aunt Iris is unable to eat any animal that she has the minimal contact with, even if we are talking about giant human-eater six armed monkey beasts.

She doesn't seem to care when she is hunting them in the wild, though.

The three of us sit at the table, talking about random stuff. As always, the voice you could hear the most was Luke's. It's almost impossible to picture him as the little boy who didn't speak at all.

I let out a smile. It's way better this way.

-🔹-

Later at the same day, Luke and I were randomly taking a stroll in the woods (within the perimeter allowed by aunt Iris), when we came across an huge three. Its branches spread over a large area, reaching far into the sky. And hanging from it, there were some green and reddish fruits. It's very familiar...

Oh, my dear God, it's mango fruit! My favorite fruit back in Earth! Although it was kind of expensive, since it was a product imported from tropical areas, I'd always buy it anyway.

-Wait here a little, Luke. - I said. - I'm gonna pick some fruits. You'll love it. We could also use some seeds to plant it!... Although it will take a lot to grow. Anyway, wait here for a bit, okay?

While talking, I was already standing in front of the three, ready to climb it. It's kind of funny, you know. When, in my past life, would I think that I'd climb a tree to pick a fruit? Come on, I was a doctor living in New York City. Akane Saito would never do it. But now, here I am. Slowly, but certainly, she was disappearing, and the one taking place is Sky. Deep down, I feel some melancholy, but the truth is, who is the individual without the people they are involved with? Without the memories of my loved ones, it was a little to easy to disconnect from my other identity.

Even when I was lost in my intern monologue, my body was moving. By now, I was already at the three top, close to the appetizing fruits. But maybe because I was still wandering through my conflicting feelings, between the me and the other me, I wasn't paying that much of attention in my footing, which is something, well, kind of really important when climbing a high three.

I wavered, my balance momentary lost.

-SKYYY!!!! - came a frightened scream from bellow.

Suddenly put into dangerous situation, I felt that everything around me was moving in slow-motion. I could see my surroundings clearly. That's why I knew that, although without equilibrium for a moment, I was about to recuperated it. I felt my balance returning, my foot was once again in a stable position.

I turned to Luke, about to laugh at his pale face and wide, dreadful eyes. However, like a lightning, I was struck in astonishment. The boy had his fists clenched besides his body, in response to the panic he was feeling.

And those very fists were covered by fire, like his hands had ignited into spontaneous combustion.

Due to the high surprise, the balance that I've thought I had recuperated was lost once more. I heard Luke yelling my name as I fell, and, watching helpless the ground coming closer and closer, the only thing I could think was: oh, shit.

-🔹-

I woke up to see two pairs of worried eyes, blue and green. Aunt Iris was pale and had a worn-out complexion, and Luke's eyes were full of unshed tears. Still immersed into the dizziness of waking up, I blinked, confused.

Then I remembered of what happened. I started touching my body, searching for any severe, potentially fatal, injure. However, although my limbs were feeling a little numb, there was no pain.

-It's alright, honey. - aunt Iris's voice was tired. - When you fell, you broke your arm, but I've already cured it. It'll be a little stiff for a while, but everything is fine.

I was surprised. The amount of magical energy necessary to heal a broken bone was enormous. No wonder she looks so weary. I couldn't help but feel guilty, even more because I, supposedly with a mature personality, had done something so childish as climbing (and falling) of a three.

-I'm sor... - I could't finish my sentence, because Luke throw himself in my arms, crying loudly. He released all the tears he must have inside him, sobbing like a baby.

-You fe-fell and *sob* you, you just lied there and *sob* I was so scared, I *sob* thought that you'd le-leave me. *cries* Please, don't, Sky, don't leave me. I don't know what I would do without you.

I was petting his head, trying to calm him down, but, suddenly, I froze. I moved away from him, taking his hands in mine, looking for something, anything. But his skin was as fresh and tender as always, no burn mark.

-What...? - I murmured.

-What's the problem, Sky? - Luke asked, confusion shining in those watery eyes.

-You... You didn't notice? Your hands, they were burning. Literally on fire. It was... - I turned to aunt Iris. She was sitting on my bed, leaning on the wall, heavy eyelids, almost sleeping. I didn't want to bother her, but it was something incredibly important. - Aunt Iris? Luke, he created fire on his hands. And he was not burned by it.

-What? - she blinked, her voice dozing off. - Oh, right. It would happen sooner or later. We'll deal with this tomorrow, okay? I'm a little tired right now. But don't worry, it's normal. Luke is an human, after all.

Once again, I froze. Luke didn't seem bother by aunt Iris' words, he just stood there staring at his hands like they were some kind of foreign member attached into his body. I, however, was deeply affect by this sentence.

It's normal. Luke is an human, after all.

The thing is, I've always known that aunt Iris was something different. Kind of obvious, since she has wings and can use magic. Although she had never said anything about it, I could guess that she belongs to some angel related species. And I also knew I wasn't like her. Well, I obviously don't have any winged body member and magic is impossible for me. Maybe because of influence from my past life's memories, I concluded: I'm a normal person, therefore, I'm human. After all, in my previous world, humans were the normal, they didn't have any special ability. It was an instinctive line of thought. Also, I've lived 22 years of my life as an human, so, even after death, I had subconsciously recognize myself as one.

But now...

Luke is an human. So, it's normal for him to use some kind of fire magic? Is it a common trait between humans? So, someone who could not do that, like me, what are they?

Aunt Iris never touched any subject related to this world's structure. Like, the races and species it's composed of. Even now, when she talked about Luke's situation, I guess it's just because she is really tired.

It's also possible that I'm wrong. Maybe there are some humans who can use magic, and others that can't. Maybe I am just in the unlucky group of them. It's an huge maybe, but the doubt was already planted. I had to ask.

-What about me?

-Excuse me? - she asked, confused.

-Luke is human. What about me?

She froze, and then straightened up, eyes more lucid than ever. No sleepiness could be seen there.

-What non sense are you talking about? You are Sky, my smart, incredible, sweet nephew. That's it.

Her evasive answer just warned me that something was off. It's similar to that situation, when the daughter asks her mother, "Mom, do you think I am pretty?" and the mother would say, "Oh, darling, you have such a nice personality."

Seeing her reaction, I decided to press into it.

-Please, aunt Iris, don't take me as a fool. What exactly am I?

-From where is this conversation coming? - again, she avoided answering me directly. Her voice was wavering, reveling the turbulence of her emotions. I started feeling a little angry because of her attitude.

-I know I am not like you and, apparently, I am not like Luke either. What's the problem of wanting to know my own identity?!

-ENOUGH! - she lost it. I looked at her, surprised and maybe a little bit scared. Even aunt Iris seemed astonished by her own reaction. After a moment of heavy silence, she sighed, and it looked like she was carrying the weight of the world on her back. - This conversation is over. I need some rest to recuperate my energies. Good night.

And then she left.

-Ow. - I could't think of anything else to say.

I turned to Luke. He had his head low, lost in thoughts. There was this strange glint in his eyes, even some... disgust, as he kept looking at his hands.

-Luke...? Is anything wrong?

-Sky, I... - he stared at me, but then he closed his eyes and clenched his fists tightly. - I need some time alone. I'm sorry.

And then he left.

...
What is wrong with everyone today?!

I sighed. My body was feeling the effects of the large amount of magical energy being applied on it. But, even though I wanted to sleep, I couldn't. My mind kept going through places that bothered me.

Akane Saito.

The Sky I know.

The Sky my aunt was hiding from me.

For God's sake, I was only ten (in this life), and I already got suck into some deep identity crises. Where would I end up at this rate? Because of all of my worries, it was almost dawn when I was finally able to sleep.

I was in nowhere.

Lost in the limbo, surrounded by the purest darkness. However, I was not alone. I could feel it. Its eyes were watching me, analyzing me. Cruel, mocking. A cold shiver passed through my ethereal body. I don't know what it's out there.

But it's no good.

And then, from the black emptiness, a spot of light appeared. No, two of them. Usually, when there is light in the middle of the darkness, it was an omen of hope. But... I knew it was definitely not the case.

In relation to the brightness coming from behind me, the best option was to ignore it. If it's not the kind of existence you could fight against, run away.

However, my body was moving on its own, and, when I turned around, I saw...

-Sky. - a faint whisper and a gentle shake. I opened my eyes to see the beautiful eyes of aunt Iris. She seemed more rested, her complexion, better. I knew what it means by her being here. Auntie would never be able to stay angry with me for too long. It is an reconciliation.

Of course I also didn't want to be in a fight with her. I treasure her too much for that. But letting past be past, and forgetting it all of yesterday, would also mean not talking about that subject.

Staring at my aunt's hopeful smile, I sighed. Well, it seems she really didn't want to talk about that. And today I was just not in the mood to discuss. I've rested for only a couple of hours, and they were not the best sleeping hours I've ever had. That dream...

Anyway, let past be past, then. I just want to sleep some more right now.

-Hmmm, sleepy. - was my answer.

-Come on, sleeping beauty. - she smiled, relieved that I've gave up on that topic. - I've made a cup of tea for you. Drink it when it's still hot. 

-'m tired. - I murmured, closing my eyes again.

Auntie laughed, going to the window, opening the curtains to let the sunlight in. I covered myself with the blanket, but the illumination kept bothering me.

-Pleaaase, turn the light off.

And, suddenly, it did.

The whole room was devoid of its light. Darkness reigned. Because of the disturbing similarity to that eerie nightmare, my heart started beating furiously. My only thought was No! Stop it!

And, as sudden as it came, the darkness went away.

Soon after that, I heard a sharp sound. Surprised, I stared at the ground, where the broken cup of tea laid. I raised my eyesight to meet aunt Iris' eyes. She was deadly pale, and there was an expression of utterly disbelief on her face.

-Aunt Iris... - I said, slowly, carefully. - The darkness... What does that mean?  

-It means - she started, her voice impregnated with difficult emotions. - That we'll need to call your father.

-🔹-🔹-🔹-

A/N: A new chapter!! 🌻
A confession for you guys: I always have an idea of what I want the chapter to be, but as I write it, things just keep getting bigger and bigger and when I see it, the chapter is already way longer than I originally thought.
Anyway, soon we'll find out more about our protagonist's past and also about the races and magic of this world.
Thank you very much for the votes and comments! I love them veryyyy much!
XOXO

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

18.6K 594 23
In a world that's filled with magic and danger, stands a young man who's struggling with budget and logistics. Will he win over the numbers or will t...
57.2K 1.5K 29
Kai Ocean: 16 year old boy who's parents died when he was 11 due to their pack. An omega, which means he is seen as nothing but a slave. Gay and his...
357K 8.7K 45
This is an Omegaverse Todoroki Shōto x Bakugō Katsuki yaoi fanfic. For those who are unaware, yaoi is a boy x boy story and this one will include sex...
38.8K 1.3K 9
in which a prince who has never experienced love, slowly learns how and what is love... 6 years before his fated death from an incurable illness. Ted...