Card Master | BTS [Book 1] ✔️

By _TeaPi

"You can't turn back. Whether you like it or not we are here and there is nothing you can do to run from the... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
(='∀`)人('∀`=)
Quick announcement!
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Announcement~
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Character Q&A: Ask away!
Weapons
Have some recommendations
Chapter 12
Character Q&A: Answer time!
Big update to do with everything
Chapter 13
Chapter: NEW ACCOUNT
Chapter 14
Quick update/trailer
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Persona! Theories/explaining stuff
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter XX
COMPLETED
Its coming soon......
A New Dawn
A New Dawn Chapter 1 & 2 is up

Chapter 10

4K 210 27
By _TeaPi

[QUICK QUESTION: Would you be interested in a character Q&A??? You ask questions to a character/s and I shall have that Character answer them. If you do please tell me here!!!]

"Hurry up! How many times did I have to tell you that entering that damn competition will cause us to be late!" Jin chastised the whole group his voice getting louder with every word and all while running.

In the small break for preparation for the upcoming dungeon, you had been in a cardsmith, a shop where the NPC would upgrade cards and add add-ons to cards for better stats. Once you were finished and had bought all you needed, you had gave the boys the said bought items.

All of them thanked you and three of them decided that to test out their new stats and abilities they'd enter a strength competition. Those three were Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook. In the competition they had to hit a target as hard as they can and it would measure the hit.

When you arrived at where the in-game competition took place, you couldn't help but notice that on the leaderboard beside the target were a few familiar names and some names you had no idea who they belonged to. At the very top was the all-mighty, mysterious man or woman Player 56. As you were examining the board you noticed a name suddenly pop up in 2nd place, shifting the board and stopping you from reading further down.

Jungkook.

You turned back to your cards and saw how they were in shock at how high the hit damage was. The three hadn't even noticed the leaderboard yet and had already set out on trying to beat the youngest's score. You soon pointed it out and the four who had not been taking part and saying this was a bad idea had too joined in trying to get on the leaderboard.

Everyone had had a turn but Yoongi, he was sat off to the side reviewing stats. Jungkook called him over and after much persuasion the male had made his way to the target. His score shocked everyone to the point where they turned speechless as it took over Player 56 and hit 1st, Yoongi only shrugged as if it were nothing. Jungkook then tried again, not wanting to be in 3rd and he too passed Player 56, but just barely.

By the end of their strength competition session, the boys had taken places 1 to 7 and shoved most of the people on the board off top 10. After the small celebration Jin noticed the time being almost quarter past one, meaning they had 2 minutes to the said meeting time. Which brings us to the current situation of running through the streets towards The Crow Tavern.

After the 2 minutes had passed and the fact that they were still running, the situation had caused Jin to go off on a rant in his own world. No one was really listening but it seemed like he was letting out some steam that had built up in him. He mentioned stories that you hadn't heard of them telling before and every time he mentioned an embarrassing mess up from one of them the said card would either shout 'That was one time!' Or 'It was an accident!'

After the long rant was over, and you had tried stopped concealing the laugh that had built up in your throat, you had reached the tavern panting and about to pass out. Luckily in the game you don't sweat as much as real life so you still looked presentable. The boys went into their card forms as Cards weren't allowed in and you caught your breath before walking into the dimly lit bar.

You noticed Chaelin sat at a table looking down at what seemed like new cards, going over the stats of one of them. As you took a seat she lifted her head and asked, "How was the competition?"

Your eyes widened wondering how she knew. You gave her a confused look which she chuckled at.

"When you beat someone on a leaderboard the person who the someone had passed gets a message sent to them saying what competition you had been beaten at, how many places you had gone down and who had taken over you. And the amount of messages that came through..."

You face palmed for the boys and you swore you heard Jungkook say 'oops' quickly followed by a smack and an 'ow'.

"Anyway, are you ready to go now that you had your little fun?" She questioned standing from her seat.

"Yeah, it's just..." you paused as you followed her out of the Tavern, "It didn't send location did it?"

"Nope."

You let out a sigh of relief as you began walking down the street. From your card holder the boys light orbs shot out and they formed themselves walking behind you two.

"See. What did I tell you?" Jin said as Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck. "I hope we didn't keep you waiting long in there, Chaelin."

"Not at all, just a few minutes," she chuckled at the motherly boy.

"Good because these children were playing around all because they got some nice new things to play with- that should I mention are not to be played with-" you cut off Jin at that point by asking him a question.

"Didn't you join in after?" You gave him a look to which the others agreed and started repeating the question with smirks on their faces.

"Well I did disagree at first but..." he stopped once he saw the look the entire group was giving him. "Okay, I admit I joined in too. But deep down I knew I was at fault."

A wide smile appeared on your face as the boys continued to pester the eldest boy saying he had no right to chastise them.

The friendly banter continued till the group reached the forest. Chaelin pulled out the legendary Frozen Elm Compass from her inventory and opened up the locket-like chamber. Underneath the endless shimmering water was a picture of a map with an blinking red dot at a paths end.

"Follow the path?" Jimin questioned, receiving a nod from Chaelin and the group headed towards the entrance.

After a ten minutes of walking through forest paths and having to retrace steps due to taking a wrong turn, the group reached a large gate covered in vines, ivy and moss. The rusting metal gate stood at least 7ft tall, maybe more, and towered over the small humans in front of it. Two large, marble gargoyle like creatures stood either side of the gate, as if guarding it from the monsters that lurked in the forest and unwanted visitors. Along the arch, above the metal, engraved in the stone, were the four symbols of a usual playing card deck: a heart, a spade, a diamond and a clover.

As you stepped closer to the gate a small window popped up in front of you asking: Would you like your party to proceed into the dungeon? You pressed the 'yes' button and a good luck window popped up before the symbols at the top of the gate began to glow and gates began to open .

Yoongi pulled out the map he had showed previously in the day, however this time it was shrunk down into a map card displaying the smaller scaled map in a hologram above it. Yoongi led the group down the route he had marked and not too long after they had encountered a pack of Chestia Forest Imps. They weren't that threatening and didn't take too long for you and Chaelin to get passed.

Soon after the encounter came the first puzzle of many. Again the puzzle was simple, especially with Namjoon's mind on their side. But, with no doubt, this dungeon would only get more difficult the further they traveled into the darkness.

Gradually the puzzles got harder and harder, taking longer and longer to complete and you were all becoming tired with the amount of riddles you had to process. Even with a high IQ, Namjoon was starting to struggle and everyone was now debating on whether we should take the more dangerous route as time began to tick closer to the monsters hour.

A few monsters and difficult puzzles later, the group had stopped at a large door in the middle of castle ruins. The door was blocking off a fenced area though this is where the path Yoongi had drawn up had led them. Meaning that whatever was after this presumably extremely difficult puzzle was the final boss.

In the front of the door was a stone slab which had 10 small, rectangular pieces of stone, five of which had the surnames, Contee, Finch, Natsiou, Winslow And Marcolla, on and the other five had different images engraved in its face. On one was a ring, on another was diamond, the next had a war medal, the one next to that had a snuff tin and on the last a bird pendant. Each piece of stone must of fit in the corresponding slot on the door as there were 2 rows of 5 slots cut into the door. As well as the stone pieces, upon the table, hovering a few inches from the surface was a scroll.

You were the first to step forward and reached out for the scroll skim reading it's confusing riddle. This was already going to be difficult and you could tell from just one look. A massive sigh left your mouth as you inspected everything else.

"I'm guessing the names correspond to the image," Namjoon said when he saw the rows on the door.

"I have this feeling that it will take us longer than we'd like," Taehyung said before looking over to you, to which you slowly nodded your head.

You began to read the large passage aloud, grabbing the attention of the entire group.

"At the dinner party were Lady Winslow, Doctor Marcolla, Countess Contee, Madam Natsiou and Baroness Finch.

"The women sat in a row. They all wore different colours and Lady Winslow wore a jaunty purple hat. Doctor Marcolla was at the far end next to the guest wearing a blue jacket. The lady in red sat left of someone in green. I remember that red outfit because the women spilt her whiskey all over it. The traveler from Dabokva was dressed entirely in white. When one of the dinner guests bragged about her Snuff Tin, the woman next to her said they were finer in Dabokva, where she lived.

"So Countess Contee showed off a prized War Medal, at which the lady from Fraeport scoffed, saying it was no match for her Ring. Someone else carried a valuable Bird Pendant and when she saw it, the visitor from Dunwall next to her almost spilled her neighbour's absinthe. Baroness Finch raised her rum in toast. The lady from Karnaca, full of wine, jumped up on the table, falling onto the guest in the centre seat, spilling the poor woman's beer. Then Madam Natsiou captivated them all with a story about her wild youth in Baleton.

"In the morning, there were four heirlooms under the table: the Snuff Tin, Diamond, the Ring and the Bird Pendant.

"But who owned each?" You finished and looked up at everyone. They all had a confused face except Namjoon who had been listening and now had a concentrated facial expression.

"Who was the one showing off the War Medal again?" He questioned walking over to the table and picking up the stones.

"Um..." you quickly skimmed through the riddle, "Countess Contee."

Namjoon then nodded his head and began placing all the stones in their rightful place, each name corresponding with an item. Namjoon went back and forth till he was placing the last stone and when he did the five names began to glow and the door began to open.

"Well that was easier than what I thought," was all Namjoon said as everyone stared at him jaw dropped at how quick he puzzled it all together, this puzzle seeming confusing and difficult to them. He then turned to everyone else and said, "Let's get going then. I want to get out of here as soon as possible."

Everyone just nodded following Namjoon through the door still speechless at his quick thinking.

Though everyone was quite astonished and in a state of bewilderment, they would have to pull themselves together as the battle with the unknown was about to begin.
———
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
———
Loading Chat . . .

Chat failed to load. Attempting reboot of chat room systems.

2126 words 02/08/18

[A/n: Anyone who solves that riddle I will praise because it is not easy. It took me at least 30 mins to find out the answer when I was playing Dishonored 2... DONT LOOK UP THE ANSWER THO UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT TO BUT THE RIDDLE CHANGES IRL GAME TO GAME!! Good luck to those who take on this challenge!

Also I know that this is a bit of a boring chapter but we gonna get some good stuff in a chapter or two... patience my child.

And thank you TAEWITHSOMESUGAX  for the amazing cover!

Please vote and comment cos it does nothing to harm ya! Till next time my lovelies!!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 642 26
"How could someone as pretty as you become an assassin?" he asks quietly. "You're too beautiful to be in such a dark business." "Being beautiful doe...
642 49 11
Twelve friends, always support each other, love each other and have each other's back. What happens when one of them is forced to play a horrific gam...
9.4K 410 36
As a princess living a sheltered life, family ties have been a little off. One day, an elven prince comes to visit and dangerous events begin to unfo...
3.7K 196 13
| Blacktan X OC | --------------------------- //Not a Ship Story// Jemi (Y/N) and other 11 students were stuck in a Haunted Castle. But it wasn't jus...