What Happened in Vegas

By itz_zubi

"don't come any closer" I stutter as he takes long strides towards me. I press my back against the shelf and... More

what happened in Vegas
cast
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
ANNOUNCEMENT
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thirty-eight: the end
☆new story alert☆

chapter twenty four

11.9K 510 21
By itz_zubi

Raphael's POV
"I'm sorry" I mutter again.  She edges backwards away from me, her hands covering her mouth.  Her back hits the waiter who is serving drinks around, he stumbles and all the drinks pours on emiliana.  A loud gasp escapes from her as well as the crowd as the wine stains her dress and quickly spreading over her.

She stumbles backwards and as I attempt to catch her, but before I can reach her, someone's hand grabs her.

It's Daniel!

He is not longer wearing his jacket but is left in his white shirt and trousers.

"just let her be, you have already done enough" he says quietly but I can hear the disgust in his voice.  He takes emiliana by the hand and quietly leads her outside, she turns back frequently and our eyes meet before she is finally gone.

I look down at my hand which is still outstretched, then my eyes start to sting me.  Tears sting the corner of my eye, clenching my fist and my jaw, I look up to the eye if many people watching me expectantly.

"son, come up here" mom's voice comes loudly again.  I take slow strides to the high podium mother is smiling. She is smiling wickedly but manages to mask it with a better smile.

Amanda isn't smiling, instead, she looks unhappy. She clenches the dress she's wearing and manages to put on a small smile.

"I present to you our about to wed couple.  They will get to know each other better and learn how to be a good couple" mother finishes and walks down the high podium.  everyone claps.

"I'm sorry this happened " Amanda says approaching me.  She has a wide grin plastered on her face and I wonder how well she tries to cover her emotion.

"it's okay it's not your fault" I say but my voice sounds distant.

"you look like a kid who lost his candy " she whispers pulling me down to her height and hugging me.  A low sigh escapes from her mouth and I know she's trying hard not to cry.  My hands tighten around her and I bury my face in her neck.

"you are the best girl in the world" I mutter and she scoffs before pulling away.

"I guess you are forgetting someone " she laughs and I see the the tears in the corner if her eyes.

"after her" I agree.

"they look so in love" someone coos and we turn to look at them.  Mrs Peters and Mrs Elliot standing with my mom.

"of course, they are always all over each other" mother laughs.

"I could have sworn there was a mix-up. I thought the lady he loved was the one that bumped into the tray" Mrs Elliot Say twirling her wine glass in her hand.

"and that look at the end,  it looked like a soap Opera " mrs Peters agrees placing her ring clad hand on Mrs Elliot's shoulder.

"mother I need to talk to you" I say to mother while the other two women continued talking. I give a slight nod to Amanda and she gives me an encouraging smile.

Mother leads me to the corner of the hall where few people are standing and where the food and drinks are.

"great show" I say as we come to a halt.

"same goes for you" she sneers turning to look at me.

"why did you do that? " I start taking a glass of wine from a waiter that passed by. The more I try to figure out why my mother is doing such,  the more my head hurt.

"you just won't listen to your mother would you? " she places her hand on my cheek but I shrug it off.

"stay out of my life" I say through gritted teeth.

"your image is our image. You don't want to tarnish it or do you? " she says and I scoff loudly.

"it's always about you" I yell.  She tries to hold my hand to calm me down but I push her hand off, dropping her glass in the process.  It shatters on the floor, drawing the attention of many.  I hiss and walk upstairs to avoid their lingering gazes.

Emiliana's POV
I purse my lips tighter to prevent the tears from spilling out.

"it's okay, you can cry. Cry as much as you want to. I'll be here to comfort you" Daniel says and pats my back.

I am sitting on a bench far from the corrado's building.  Daniel is squatting in front of me, holding my heels. I wriggle my feet on the cold floor.

"really?" I ask quietly and he nods while giving me a smile.

I burst into tears and lean on his shoulder while clutching him tightly.  My crying turns into ugly sobs but I didn't care. The one relationship that I want to hold on to is crushed.

"I can't live with...out him" I sob. I feel  him smile and he hugs me.

"you won't" he says and I pull away from him.

"what!?" I ask confused.

"Raphael will never let you go, he may be a jerk but he's actually a good guy, did you see the way he stared at you, like he just lost his favorite candy. " he says standing up and Straighting his pants.

"you forgive him" I ask standing up too.

Instead of replying, he takes my hand and leads me to a convenience store. He buys two cans of yoghurt and we sit down to drink.

We both sit down to drink and after we both lick the ice cream from the cover we both burst into laughter.

"rich people do that too?" I asked amused.

"everyone does it" he laughs along with me.

He holds my head and examines my face closely.

"your eyes are so swollen. Why did you cry that much? " he whispers to himself clicking his tongue.

"it's okay, I don't feel weird" I assure him.

"anytime something happens, don't hesitate to run to me.  I'll always be here" he says still looking at me. This time, there is no tension between us.  He spoke like a friend.

"alright" I smile at him.

After taking our yoghurt, Daniel drives me home. After dropping me off.  He made me promise that I wouldn't cry anymore. I promised.

I turn the lights on immediately I enter. I don't know if I just imagine it but the room is filled with the scent of Raphael.  He seems to be everywhere in the house.  The bottle he used earlier in the day. The dirty dishes. I know the good taste bad but I know he wanted to make me feel better.
I didn't realize when the tears started to trickle down my cheek. 

I collapse beside the bed and take the blanket he had used in the tight.  I take a long sniff and it smells exactly like him.  I cry harder and didn't realize how the flew.

I don't ever want to lose him.

Amanda's POV
"thank you, belle, it's fine" I say to my stylist as she walks out with her assistants.

I stare at myself in the mirror.  Mid thigh skirt and pantyhose, and off shoulder top, a beret and a Slim scarf around my neck.  It's awfully cold outside but I can't wear whatever I want because paparazzis are almost everywhere.

My phone rings and I pick it up.

"linda" I say to the phone.

"you need to be here as soon as possible, you need to test the clothes before the runway begins. We need to make sure it fits.  If it doesn't.. "

"I can't partake because there is only one size. Don't worry, I never add any weight " I tell her and end the call.

I sigh after ending the call. My heart feels heavy and I place my face in my palm, my wavy hair falling around me.  I wriggle out if my tight shoes and ease myself into a sneakers.

I pick my phone and dial a number again.

"Linda, I don't think I'll attend today. I have something else else to do " I say hurriedly.

"you can't, the stylists are here already " she winces but I end the call anyway.  She will find a way. She always finds a way.

I hurry downstairs where belle and her assistants are waiting.  My greens are waiting on the table but I ignore it and skip to the door.

"your breakfast" brownyn, a maid yells behind me but I ignore her and get to my car and drive off.

I still have one friend after all.

*********
I pull up in front of Daniel's house and hurry out of the car.  We were extremely close back in high school and I know some of that friendship is still there some where.

I hurry out of the car and wait for Mr Bernard to open the door.

"pleasure to see you miss Forbes, you haven't been here for like forever " the elderly man greets and I smile nicely at him.

"I'll wait outside for Daniel " I tell him and he leaves to tell Daniel he has a guest.

Looking at the house, it holds so many memories of us as children.

"amanda" I hear a familiar voice behind me.  I turn swiftly around. Surely, Daniel is standing there giving me a genuine smile.

"hey friend " I say hoping he remembers when we said that as high schoolers.

"booger" he laughs and I jog to him and give him a hug.  Even if we still see occasionally,  we never had any friends moment which I missed dearly.

"why are you visiting today? " He asked.

"I wanted to hang out.  I suddenly felt lonely and wanted to speak to someone. You were the first that came to mind. " I tell him.

"I guess I'm important then" he laughs.

"should we both jilted friends hang out together? " I ask.

"why not? " he says and gives me a smile which I couldn't help but respond to

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote, comment and share.
Let's be friends
Instagram : itz_zubi
YouTube : Your Cookie  Girl
Musical.ly: itz_zubi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2M 393K 57
"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock. "Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily. "What? I... but..he... " "Is he your boyfriend? Or Did he pa...
220K 13.6K 54
"How dare you? Ariana, how dare you?" I could feel the anger from his heart radiate through his ears. the tears that kept rolling down my cheeks wer...
33.7K 647 23
⚠️ WARNING: 1/3 series book ⚠️ ------------------ "So, Miss Connery." He skimmed his index finger over the edge of my desk as he slowly made his way...
5.5M 157K 57
❝𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝑲𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝑲𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝑸𝒖𝒆𝒆𝒏❞ UNDER EDITING - PARTS OF THE STORY WILL BE CHANGED. He is ki...