Things Left Unsaid | ✓

By infallibles

❝That's the thing about love. It isn't going to be easy, it isn't going to be smooth, but it's going to be wo... More

Information/Statistics
Dedications
Chapter One: New Beginnings?
Chapter Two: Breathe
Chapter Three: Still Sane
Chapter Four: When It Counts
Chapter Five: Crumbling Down
Chapter Six: Always
Chapter Seven: Plagued
Chapter Eight: Smirks and Sweethearts
Chapter Nine: Cheaters Never Prosper
Chapter Ten: Home
Chapter Eleven: Guilt
Chapter Thirteen: Happiness Never Did Last Very Long
Chapter Fourteen: Intoxicated
Chapter Fifteen: Not Your Fairytale Ending
Bonus Excerpt
My New Story

Chapter Twelve: The Best Thing

5.9K 223 58
By infallibles

XII. The Best Thing

Dedicated to the first author on Wattpad to ever make me cry over one of their novels. Thank you for writing The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me.

➳ Kaylee's POV

"So do you like him??"

I laughed at Bree's question and she shot me an 'I'm serious' look. "I don't know, Bree. I never really considered liking him that way ever since he moved away. it's just kind of hard with everything going on lately and all."

"Oh please! So you're telling me that this whole time he's been back, you never even once considered him in that way? Not even a little, teensy-weensy bit?"

"Well...maybe that one night after the whole Ryan incident," I admitted, recalling our moment in front of my house.

"That was two whole months ago!! You haven't considered it at all more recently?"

I thought about what Bree said for a moment. Have I? In the past two months, Dylan and I have been hanging out more than ever. He took me to the town's carnival, the movies, a couple dinners, and of course, our famous movie nights. But did I really like him like that? Was it even a possibility after everything that happened before he moved?

Just as I was about to shake my head no, I remembered the strange feelings I got every time he was around. The warm, fuzzy feeling that spread throughout my whole body, the butterflies in my stomach, the crazy thoughts in my head - all of it. The way his grins and smirks practically made me melt at his feet and the way his brilliant eyes sent a shock of electricity throughout my body. The way his sarcastic and witty comments drew me to him rather than repelled me. Now that I thought about it, this was all beginning to feel like a repeat of freshmen year. Those heavy, thought-provoking, overwhelming feelings were back.

"Umm earth to Kaylee! Did you not just hear the question I asked you a minute ago? I swear you're zoning ou-"

"Oh my freaking crap!!!" I interrupted.

"What??"

"Oh my god, Bree. I like Dylan. No, scratch that. I think I may even love him."

Her eyes grew wide and a grin found its way onto her face. "I knew it!!! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!!"

"Yeah, hot shot don't get too cocky here now," I teased.

"I'm serious!! You guys were bound to like each other again from the minute he came back."

"Wait, hold on. We don't even know that he likes me back."

"Kay, are you dense?? Everyone can see that he's in love with you! Do you not notice the little things he does for you? Don't tell me he hasn't dropped a clue once yet!"

"Nope."

Bree glared at me in attempt to tell me to think harder. I racked my brain for any more ideas. I mean sure, he took care of me and comforted me, but none were really a surefire sign that he liked me, or even loved me - wait!

"Well...okay that one night after the whole incident with Ryan, he whispered 'I love you' when he thought I was sleeping."

She shrieked. "Ahhhh!!! Okay, what more evidence do you need Kaylee??? God, you're so dense! That is so freaking adorable. Okay, Kaylee, you need to tell him tonight."

"Tonight tonight?" I asked incredulously.

"Yes, tonight tonight! We all know what happened when you waited a year last time!!"

"Alright, alright, I see your point. No need to bring up the past," I groaned.

"Well what're you waiting for? Call him and arrange a meet-up!" she urged, chucking my phone at me.

Unfortunately, Bree had not adapted my phone-throwing skills and instead of tossing it to my hands, she threw it at my leg. It was my turn to glare at her as I rubbed my now bruised thigh. I quickly dialed Dylan's number and listened to the soft rings of the phone as I waited for him to answer. Each ring only increased the suspense and I was getting restless. Pick up, pick up, pick up!!

"Hello?"

"Hi, Dylan??" I responded a little too eagerly.

"Hi Kay! What's up?"

Bree was making frantic signals to me from across the room but I ignored her craziness. "Umm..I was wondering if you were busy later tonight?"

"Uhh yes I believe I do have plans tonight."

"Oh," I said and tried to hide my disappointment. "What are you doing?"

"I'm heading over to Kennedy's party with a couple of the guys...wait, why are you asking me about this?"

"No reason!! Just wondering."

"Were you trying to ask me on a date, sweetheart?" I could practically hear him smirk through the phone and my heart raced. "Because if you were, I can surely clear up my schedule."

My heart was seriously going to fly out of my chest right now. "N-no. I just wanted to hang out with you like usual." Damn it, why'd I have to stammer? He'd see right through me now.

"Oh, well you should come along then!"

"Really?"

"Yeah, come on! It'll be fun and you'll be able to let loose, Little Miss Uptight."

"I'm not uptight!!" I protested.

"There it is," he chuckled. "How about I pick you up at say, eight o'clock?"

"Sounds like a plan," I smiled.

"Alright then. I'll see you later, Kay."

Bree was practically about to burst as I hung up the phone. She immediately bombarded me with questions, but all I did was smile. I was so excited for tonight. Maybe, for once, things would finally work out with me and Dylan.

At 7:30, I took a shower and blew dry my hair before Bree helped me get ready. We chose a flowy dress with heels and threw in a black, metallic clutch to match. As a final touch, I placed a gorgeous diamond flower necklace from Dylan around my neck. Then, I quickly brushed on some eyeliner and mascara while she hairsprayed my bouncy curls into place. Right after I finished getting dressed, we heard the doorbell ring.

"Ahh, he's here!!" Bree squealed.

"I think you're more excited than me," I chuckled. Except I couldn't help but notice the butterflies rising in my stomach.

"What? I can't help that I'm excited for my two best friends to get together!"

"It's not a for sure thing yet!! Now hush, I'm opening the door!"

As the wooden door swung open, a very handsome Dylan was revealed. He wore black jeans and a dark blue button-up with the sleeves rolled back. With his hair slightly messy, I had to admit he looked really good.

"Satisfied yet?"

I snapped out of my checking out mode and composed myself. "You wish."

"Come on." He rolled his eyes, grabbed my hand, and dragged me outside. "Bye, Bree!!"

"Bye!" I heard her holler while Dylan and I made our way over to his car. He held the passenger side's door open for me and I gladly took a seat.

"Ready to have fun tonight?" Dylan asked once he sat down on the driver's side.

I grinned and nodded at him. Tonight was going to be amazing.

➳ Dylan's POV

The thing I liked about Kennedy's parties were that they were always slightly more classy. Everyone was limited to a certain amount of drinks to make sure that they didn't go overboard. Although many protested this, Kaylee and I both thought it was a good idea. It was especially important for tonight because I wanted her to remember what I was going to tell her this evening - I love her.

When we pulled up by the curb, I glanced over at her beside me. She was grinning like a maniac, but I had to say, she looked beautiful. Her thick brown curls were blown back from the wind, her blue eyes were twinkling, and best of all, she was wearing the necklace I gave her for her birthday a few years ago.

She glanced over at me. "Why are you giving me that look?"

"What look?" I asked with feigned innocence.

"You know...that look. The look like I'm crazy or something."

Taking her hand and giving it a gentle squeeze, I looked her in the eye. "You're not crazy. You're beautiful."

She blushed furiously and removed her hand from my hold. "We should get inside soon right?"

Just as she was about to leave, I grabbed her hand. "Wait!"

"Yes?" she asked with hopeful eyes.

"I - Don't forget to be fashionably late!"

Damn it, Dylan! Why'd you choke like that??

"Oh," she sighed. "Dylan, please! We're already ten minutes late and there's no such thing as fashionably late to parties like these!"

I complied after some prodding and followed Kaylee to the door. Kennedy greeted us ecstatically on the other side. "Hi guys!! Come on in, we're about to play spin the bottle!"

"Great..." I heard Kaylee mumble.

We followed Kennedy into the living room and took a seat in the circle that was already formed. Kennedy left for a minute then returned with an old school Coca Cola bottle.

"Now we can start the fun," she grinned, flashing a seductive wink.

I took one look at Kaylee's face and I knew she wasn't going to be very happy. Oh boy, this would be a long night.

➳ Kaylee's POV

"Kiss, kiss, kiss!" my fellow classmates chanted.

The bottle was spun by a cheerleader and landed on a football player. How utterly cliche and unexciting. I groaned inaudibly at the sight of the two locking lips. I was never big on PDA, unless it took place in chick flicks. Now that was acceptable, due to a smoking hot actor being a part of it 95% of the time. This was not.

"Alright, Kennedy! Your turn!" Jacob, a popular soccer player, yelled.

Kennedy rubbed her hands greedily. "Fingers crossed!"

She spun the bottle with a simple flick of her dainty wrist. Everyone's eyes followed the tip of the glass bottle as it whirled around and around, passing each person in the circle. After about seven rotations, the Coke bottle finally slowed and its red cap pointed directly at a guy in the circle. Correction - MY guy.

Everyone spun their heads to look at Dylan, who had a look of shock plastered on his face. Kennedy smiled excitedly and batted her eyelashes at him seductively. Oh, bite me. She made her way around the huge circle and offered him her hand. He took it cautiously and stood up beside her. As their heads were getting closer and closer, I murmured a quick 'I'll be back' and rushed out to the backyard. I needed some air.

It was a good thing that the evening air was cool, because I was fuming. If they thought I was just going to sit there and watch my best friend/crush kiss that blonde bombshell, they were so wrong! My face burned with rage. How could he call me beautiful and hold my hand then turn around and do that! Just as I was about to throw one of Kennedy's oh-so-perfect potted plants at a wall, I heard footsteps behind me.

"Dylan?" I called hopefully without turning around.

However, when I was brutally grabbed and thrown onto one of Kennedy's daybeds, I knew I wasn't lucky enough to have Dylan out here with me. Smelling the strong alcoholic stench on my attacker, I looked up at who it was. No one at the party was allowed to drink that much. When I saw who it was, my stomach lurched.

"R-Ryan?" I stuttered. I then made an attempt to scream, but he slammed his hand over my mouth.

"Oh shut up bitch! No one can hear your cries from all the way out here."

"What the hell are you doing?" I hissed at him.

"I'm taking what you didn't give me but Talia did," he smirked.

And with that, he pinned me onto the daybed roughly, still covering my mouth. I struggled underneath him as he straddled me, but it was no use. He was too heavy. I felt him slide my dress straps off my shoulder and reach under my dress. In a flash, my granny panties were sliding off my legs. I shrieked for dear life but his hand only muffled it. This was not how I wanted to lose my virginity - I was being raped.

The very drunken Ryan was about to shift his weight onto me when he was thrown off suddenly. I opened my tear-brimmed eyes to see my savior. Dylan's eyes have never been filled with so much anger and hatred before. He jumped on top of Ryan and started punching him.

After several good punches, I had to intervene. Despite how much I wanted Ryan to be beaten for what he just attempted to do to me, I couldn't. Dylan would be in so much trouble for it.

"Dylan, stop," I said weakly. "Please stop."

"Why?" he said, filled with rage. "He deserves it."

I sighed. "I know he does, but there will be so many consequences if you don't stop now. I don't want that to happen to you."

His eyes softened when he saw my vulnerable state. "Alright," he said, getting off of an unconscious Ryan. "Are you okay, Kaylee?" he asked, reaching out to take my hand.

I flinched at his touch. After all, he still kissed Kennedy.

"What's wrong now?" he asked, worried.

"You kissed her."

He sighed. "I didn't kiss Kennedy."

"What?"

"I stopped her just after you went running out of the room. That's when I came to look for you out here...and when I saw what was happening to you."

His hands clenched into fists again at the thought of what almost happened. "I'm sorry, Kaylee, if it upset you. We should've never played the game. I'm so sorry that this almost happened to you - it was all my fault. Forgive me, please?"

I nodded and the tears that were doing so well at hiding began to pour down my face. I was trembling and sobbing when he took me into his arms.

"Hey - shhh, shhh. Look at me, Kaylee," he said while cupping my face with his hands. He wiped away my tears and gazed into my eyes. "Everything's going to be alright, okay? We'll get this all taken care of. You're with me now. You're safe."

I stared at his eyes and saw the worry in them. "I'm okay," I agreed quietly.

"I'll take you home now."

I quickly and secretively snagged my granny panties off of the daybed while he scooped me up in his arms. He set me down gently in the passenger's seat of his car and drove to my house. He held my hand with his free one and never let go.

When we reached my house, he walked me to my door. He stopped me at my front porch and turned me to face him.

"Don't you think you deserve to enjoy yourself at least once tonight?" he asked.

I nodded and eyed him warily. What was he up to?

He pulled out his phone and shuffled through it for a bit. Then, a song began to play through its speakers.

"May I have this dance, sweetheart?" he asked with a slight bow as he held out his hand for me.

I grinned and placed my hands in his. He guided them around his neck and placed his around my waist. We swayed slowly together and stayed quiet for a few moments, melting into the music and each other's arms.

Take my hand, I'll teach you to dance.

I'll spin you around, won't let you fall down.

Would you let me lead? You can step on my feet.

Give it a try, it'll be alright

The room's hush hush and now's our moment.

Take it in, feel it all and hold it

Eyes on you, eyes on me.

We're doing this right.

Because lovers dance when they're feeling in love

Spotlight's shining. It's all about us

It's all about us

And every heart in the room will melt

This is a feeling I've never felt

But it's all about us.

I lifted my head from his chest and gazed into his eyes. "You know, I never did get to tell you what I was going to tell you tonight."

"Mm..I had something to tell you too."

"And what was that?" I asked.

"That I love you."

I gasped. "I love you too, Dylan. So, so much."

A huge grin spread onto his face and we looked into each other's eyes. I could see the love peering out from his. His eyelids flickered shut halfway and his lips parted slightly. We leaned in and just as his lips brushed mine, he whispered, "I always have. Always."

And with that, his lips crashed onto mine and I melted into the kiss. My hands instinctively rose to cup his face. His lips were soft and warm, inviting me in for more. He set a pace that matched mine perfectly and our lips moved in harmony. Our chests were pressed together as he pulled me tighter and I could feel his heart race just as quickly as mine. This moment was pure bliss and I never wanted it to end.

When we finally broke away from the kiss, both of us were breathing heavily.

"Wow," I gasped. "That was -"

"Perfect," he finished for me.

I pulled him close for a goodbye hug and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Good night Dylan," I whispered into his ear. "I love you."

"Good night Kaylee," he whispered back. "I love you too."

As I walked into my house and started closing the door, he stuck his foot out and stopped it.

"One more thing," he rushed.

He stuck his head through the opening and kissed my forehead slowly.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me," he breathed.

**********************************************************************

New chapter yay!! Okay, can I just say - this was probably the most enjoyable chapter to write. Did the feels hit you guys as hard as they hit me? Kaylan = perfection.

Oh, by the way, I'm totally clueless about how to kiss, so my apologies if the kiss scene was totally awkward and not moving at all. Heh, that's what you get when little virgin lips here tries to describe a kiss.

P.S. Kaylee's outfit and the song that Kaylee and Dylan danced to are on the side!

Goal: 800+ reads and 5-7 votes. Pleaseeee? I gave you all a kiss and a thrilling scene c'mon ;)

Hope you all enjoyed reading this chapter! If you did, don't forget to vote, comment, fan, or add it to your reading list! :) Please suggest this story to your followers or friends if you think they'll enjoy it as well. Thanks for all the support!

lots of love, rhi.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 6K 39
"When I first met you, you were a complete stranger. But through time, I thought I really started to get to know you. To know the way you react to th...
4.5K 363 66
(completed) #eroticromance #teenromance ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ This story contains sexuality, violence, strong language and other mature themes. ...
238 0 17
"You never answered the question. What's one thing you want more than anything?" He asks, pressing the elevator button. "I want..." my mind is throw...
1.3M 56.7K 63
"I know we broke up, but.., " he whispers in my ear, trailing his finger lightly along my arm. He places a soft kiss on my collarbone, making a shive...