Lifeguard//Ethan Dolan

By KLHFave

"I was mentally drowning and you were the person willing to pull me up" More

A/N
C H A R A C T E R S
I N T R O
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
E P I L O G U E
N E W B O O K

S E V E N

622 11 7
By KLHFave

Ethan's POV

I sighed as I started to text Grace. Tonight I plan on inviting Grace over to meet my parents and after dinner, I am going to tell her who I am. For some reason, I got nervous while texting her.

Ethan😁: Hey, are you free tonight?

Grace😊: Yeah, what's up?

Ethan😁: My family is having dinner tonight and I wanted you to meet my family.

Grace😊: Of course! I would love to meet your family. What time?

Ethan😁: Can I pick you up at 7:30?

Grace😊: Perfect! I'll see you at 7:30!

Ethan😁: See you then beautiful.

Grace's POV

I smiled as I texted Ethan but let me tell you I am so nervous to meet Ethan's family. I checked my watch to see that it read 6 o'clock. I looked over at Jordan who was scrolling through Instagram.

"Hey, Ethan is going to pick me up at 7:30. I'm meeting his family tonight. Will you help me get ready?" I said making her look up at me.

"Sure!" She smiled and stood up.

"Go shower crazy." She pushed me into my bedroom.

I giggled at her and grabbed a comfy outfit before walking into my bathroom. I started my shower and slipped in. I washed off my hair and body before successfully shaving. I got out and changed into my comfortable outfit.

"Jordan." I yelled making her walk into my bathroom with an outfit in her hands.

"Hola." She laughed pulling my makeup out from under my sink.

I brushed my teeth before she started on my hair. She played music while she started to blow dry my hair. After she dried my hair she curled the ends of it. We kept singing while she did my makeup. She put some very light makeup on me. Just some eyeshadow, mascara, concealer, a little bit of bronzer, and lip gloss. After we did my makeup and hair I finished getting ready. After I was done getting ready Jordan left me with an outfit. I slipped this on before taking one last look in the mirror.

I smiled as I walked out the door. I did a spin for Jordan and she clapped for me. We laughed at our goofiness. We kept singing along to Jordan's music while I packed up my purse. We were rapping along to 21 Savage when we heard a knock at the door. I smiled when I opened the door to reveal this.

"Hey, beautiful." He smiled pulling me in for a hug.

"Hey, I like the black theme we're pulling off." I laughed fixing his jacket.

"Me too. Hey Jordan." He smiled and waved at Jordan.

"Hey, so she's meeting your family tonight huh?" Jordan said walking up to the door.

"Yeah, I think they'll love you." He smiled playing with my hair.

"I hope so, are you ready?" I asked looking up at him.

"Yeah, it was good to see you Jordan." He waved before I hugged Jordan.

"Love you thank you for getting me ready." I said mid-hug.

"Love you too bestie." She smiled as we pulled away.

I followed Ethan out the door. We walked down to his truck hand in hand. Ethan opened my door for me. The ride there was not as fun as it usually is. I noticed that Ethan was really quiet and not himself.

"Are you ok? You seem kinda off." I said laying hand on his thigh. The moment I touched him he instantly relaxed.

"Yeah, sorry I'm anxious my parents can be intimidating." He sighed still stressed out.

"Ethan, don't worry even if they hate me I will still love you." I just told that I love him but it's true. I love him with all my heart.

"Did you just tell me that you love me?" He asked a smile creeping on his face.

"Yeah." I smiled looking at him.

"I love you too Cooper Grace Foster." He smiled and pecked my lips gently.

I smiled the rest of the way to his house. After 10 more minutes of driving, we pulled up to this huge house. My mouth fell to the floorboard when I saw it. Ethan parked and we got out. Ethan held my hand and we walked into the house. When we walked in an older couple was cooking in the kitchen. There was a girl that looks like the twins sitting beside Grayson on the island.

"Mom dad Cameron." Ethan said getting everyone's attention.

"This is Grace." He smiled making everyone look at me.

"Oh my goodness you are absolutely stunning." The girl jumped off the counter and walked over to us.

"Grace this is Cameron mine and Gray's older sister." Ethan introduced us. We shook hand before turning to the couple in the kitchen.

"These are my parents Sean and Lisa." Ethan smiled.

"It's so nice to meet you both." I said while shaking their hands.

"It's nice to meet you too darling." Ethan's mother spoke in the most sophisticated tone.

I hugged Gray and said hey to him before Ethan, Gray, Cameron, and I sat down in the living room. We talked and got to know each other while Mr. and Mrs. Dolan finished dinner.

"So Grace how did you meet Ethan?" Cameron asked.

"We met at the waterpark actually he asked for my number before my friend and I was about to leave." I told her with a smile.

"Oh, nice. I think the twins like working there." She smiled before saying something else. "Too bad they'll have to give it up soon."

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my eye brows.

"Guys, dinner is ready." Mrs. Dolan called us into the dining room.

"Don't worry about it." Cameron spoke before walking away.

We walked into the dining room to see that Lisa made a huge rotisserie chicken and a ton of sides. We all made our plates and sat down. I sat down beside Ethan while Cameron and Gray sat across from us.

"The food is amazing Mr. and Mrs. Dolan. Thank you." I spoke up.

"Oh anytime darling. I'm glad you like it and call me Lisa." Lisa smiled.

"So Grace, tell us about yourself." Mr.Dolan spoke up catching me by surprise.

"Um, I met Ethan at the waterpark, I currently live with my best friend and roommate Jordan. I'm going to attend State with Jordan next year. I'm not an extremely interesting person." I said making Ethan, Gray, and Cameron giggle.

"Has Ethan told you who he really is and what he will be doing after this summer?" Mr. Dolan said but was interrupted by Ethan.

"Please, not at the table dad." Ethan said but Mr. Dolan cut him off.

"Oh, no son she needs to know this. It's vital for your relationship." Mr. Dolan said giving Ethan an evil smirk.

"What is vital for me to know?" I asked confused.

"Did Ethan tell you he and his brother are to inherit one of the largest businesses in the country. That's right Ethan and Grayson will become the co-owners of Dolan Enterprises and Cameron is to be the COO of the business. After this summer Ethan and Grayson are being sent to New York City to study business and become the owners of Dolan Enterprises. After this summer you will not see Ethan ever again unlike what he told you." Mr. Dolan finished smiling. I looked over to Ethan to see his eyes dark and his jaw clenched.

"If you guys could excuse me I lost appetite." I said as I stood up and walked outside.

I walked out to Ethan's truck trying not to cry. I'm going to lose Ethan.

"Grace wait." I heard Ethan call as I walked outside.

"Grace please listen to me." Ethan placed his hands on my shoulders and turned me around.

"Listen to you what lie to me again. Ethan you told me on our first date that you didn't have any plans for life, but you're secretly a CEO of one of the greatest companies in New York. What's next Ethan you're secretly engaged to the beautiful daughter of another business owner?" I was now in tears.

"I'm actually supposed to meet a girl when I get to New York." I heard him mumble.

"Great, now the man that I love is leaving for another woman. This day couldn't get better." I said wiping away tears.

"Grace when I said that I love you I meant it." He told me. I could see the tears forming in his eyes.

"No Ethan, all I am to you is a summer fling. I'm your last chance to have fun before you have to become this groomed and controlled man. I'm nothing to you but a good time." I spit wiping my eyes from the tears that had fallen. I pulled out my phone to call me an uber.

"What are you doing?" He asked seeing me on my phone.

"Calling me an uber to take me home." I said looking at my phone. It said that my uber was 3 minutes away.

"Grace let me take you home we can talk about this." He walked closer to me. I placed my hand on his chest to stop him.

"I'm done Ethan. No more talking. We've been together for barely over a week and you've already lied to me. I've hardcore fallen for you and now this. I can't deal with this. You know what I'm going through. I'm sorry Ethan I love you with all of my heart but whatever we have it's over." I cried as my uber pulled up.

"Grace I love you please stay. I can't lose you. I need to be the one to keep you from drowning." His voice cracked as he spoke.

"You did do that Ethan but I'll drown again if I stay knowing that I'll lose you. Goodbye Ethan." I cried as I stepped into my uber.

I got into my uber and told the driver Jordan's address. I wiped away the tears as Ethan disappeared into the distance. I think I just lost the love of my life, but I can't follow him down the road he is on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

669K 15.8K 38
"If anyone finds out about this, I will, personally, make sure your life is a living hell."
59K 1.2K 16
"What?" "Love you..."
309K 1.3K 100
* Instagram story with Grayson Bailey Dolan
52K 715 13
I was just a babysitter.... Hopefully. *Completed*