Something Precious

By singleflight

Madara and Obito are dead, but so is everyone else. Naruto had won, but he lost everything in the process. Gi... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter Fourty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven

Chapter Sixteen

38.2K 1.3K 242
By singleflight

(A/n: omfl I am so done with these memories already. I can't wait to be finished writing them. This is the last chapter of them, I promise.)

After that memory was done with, as the black took over, Naruto had something to say. "That was one of the last moments I ever felt truely happy. These next memories are from the war. They won't be as light-hearted as the others."

The Hokage and Inoichi were left to wonder what horrors they were about to see if the memories they had just witnessed could be referred to as light hearted in comparison. What could be worse than seeing your best friend spiraling into madness before your eyes.

And horrors they were indeed. In the first one they were in a giant crater big enough to be a battle field (which it was). In the middle was a gianormous tree that had a flower blooming on top of its branchless trunk. A rasen-shiriken that also had the black flames of the Amaterasu was thrown at it and it was cut down. The sound of the wood cracking and splintering apart, resonated and sounded sickeningly like breaking bone. The grand trunk began to fall, rushing towards the ground where several dozen shinobi were scurrying to get out of the way. Before it could hit though, huge wooden tendrils reached from the trunk and grounded themselves like limbs. The entire wood began to morph, again letting off sickening sounds until it fully transformed into a hideous beast with ten long, thrashing tails.

"All the jinchuuiki were collected and had their tailed beasts extracted by a group of rouge ninja called the Akatsuki. All of nine tailed beasts were merged to create the Ten Tails." said Naruto solemnly.

"Wait. . . correct me if I'm wrong, but getting your tailed beast extracted kills you yes?" Sarutobi asked seriously. Naruto nodded. "So if the Nine-Tails was extracted from you, how are you still alive?"

Naruto thought on that a bit, like it was difficult for him to recall exactly. "Well the others all gave me a piece of their chakra. . . and the Sage of Six-Paths had something to do about it. . .?" he trailed off slightly unsure.

"Others?" asked the Hokage.

Naruto let out a sigh. "I don't know. Kurama you explain. This is the part I needed you for anyway."

Kurama grumbled. "All of us tailed beasts shared a piece of our chakra with Naruto. We gave him a part of our life force chakra so it replenishes and he can use it multiple times. When Minato sealed me he split my chakra in two first, sealing one in himself and one in Naruto. So he gave Naruto the half of me that was sealed in him since he was a reanimation and couldn't die." the men still looked kinda confused but Kurama was done with explaining.

"One more thing." Naruto gained the men's attention. "Well two actually. . . the Five Great Nations came together and formed the Allied Shinobi Forces." they both -but especially the Hokage - gapped. "Also you should know; the enemy we're fighting," he paused for a second, like the name was hard for him to say. "It was Madara Uchiha."

"Madara? Isn't he dead?" Hiruzen in particular, remembered the story being told by his own Sensei, the brother of the one who supposedly killed him. How could the great Hashirama Senju of all people, overlook Madara's death? Madara who had been the single greatest threat to his precious Leaf? Was that even possible?

Naruto shook his head. "He didn't die at the Final Valley like everyone thinks, he died later. But then he was brought back by this other guy, his partner I guess?" again he sounded kinda unsure, like there were details that he was missing. Specifically,  he didn't think Madara had been meant to be brought back the way he had been.

"Who was his partner?" asked Inoichi.

"Oh you know him. Obito Uchiha." the men sputtered. They knew Obito. Not well, but they had seen him from time to time, maybe even exchanged a friendly greeting. They had heard though, from the village seniors, how helpful and sweet he was. They had heard of his optimism and kindness. Did he really, once upon a time, grow up to be some kind of monster?

"It was 'cause of the death of his teammate - Rin Nohara." Naruto also briefly explained about the reanimation jutsu since that was how Madara had been initially brought back. The men's eyes widened in horror and disgust; unable to imagine being forced to fight a loved one brought back from death.

The memory continued and the Shinobi Forces were fighting a battle that was no longer tipping in their favor. However Naruto's determination inspired them all to keep fighting. . . that is until the Ten Tails formed dozens of massive tailed beast bombs. There was no way to escape so in a split second decision Memory Naruto connected to the Nine Tail's chakra that he had given to everyone and used his fathers Hiraishin technique to transport everyone away.

As soon as the blonde's feet hit safe ground he fell to his knees with wide eyes.

"Naruto?" it was Sasuke who had been the first courageous enough to inquire. The Hokage and Inoichi watched him closely. He didn't seem crazy anymore for whatever reason. In fact, he seemed now, determined to lend his support. "We got everyone, it's okay."

Naruto's eyes filled with tears. "No. We didn't." he whispered so tenuously. A tear slipped out. Then another. "I couldn't get them. The Kage. I never got a chance to give them," his voice broke as he dissolved into sobs.

The memory quickly changed to Kakashi being named the Sixth Hokage and commander of the forces, Naruto standing at his right side impassively.

Then came the truly horrific ones. The men watched as Naruto saw his comrades fall before him one after the other. Just a series of last words and reports of unknown deaths. The most disturbing of these was when a man named Kiba was put in a genjutsu that made him go mad and perice his own heart with a kunai while Naruto was too far away to stop him.

The names flew by and the memories got darker and more morbid.
Shikamaru - scouting mission gone wrong.
Sakura - chakra exhaustion.
Hinata - run through by the enemies sword.
Sai - taken down by a bomb.
Shino - MIA
Lee - dies after opening all inner gates.
Neji - intercepts blade to save Naruto.
Ten ten - MIA
Choji - chakra exhaustion.
Ino - chakra exhaustion.

Naruto fought through it all, every death made him train harder and longer. Kakashi died and Naruto was named Hokage, and Commander in Chief only shortly after, but only weeks before he saw his village get slaughtered and burned. Raised to ground. He had been away, and returned to see his people reduced to ash. His home, to cinders.

In the final battle they watched as his last comrade - Sasuke Uchiha - died in his arms. Finally, after all his pain, Naruto killed the enemy and was sent back in time.

The walk back to the Nine Tail's cage was silent. As Sarutobi and Inoichi took in the bricked room once more they couldn't suppress shudders as they now knew what lay behind the other gates. They now knew just how much power this man possessed.

Kurama gave Naruto one last sympathetic look before resting his head down and closing his eyes.

"Let's go." Naruto said with a hollow voice of a broken man. Inoichi performed a few hand signs and they were back in the hospital room with the rhythmic beating of the heart monitor being the only sound.

|¤|Ω|¤|

Minato and his team waited patiently as the Hokage and Inoichi went through the strangers memories. With their eyes being closed it was impossible for Minato to decipher how it was going and it was killing him slowly. Even Obito was silent for once.

When the three finally broke apart the mood was immediately solemn. The blonde that looked so much like himself, had emptiness swimmimg in his ocean blue eyes.

"What happened?" asked Obito, disrupting the silence. The blonde called Naruto wouldn't look at the boy and the the other two seemed to be in a state of depression. Was this boy's memories really that bad? Minato asked himself.

"Minato I would like you to meet me in my office. Kakashi, Rin, Obito - you are dismissed. You may leave also Inoichi." the Hokage ordered. They all nodded and left him alone with Naruto. The room filled itself with silence in their absence.

The old man placed an aged hand on Naruto's sholder. "I can't even begin to imagine what you feel. . . I can only hope that you can find some kind of peace one day. I very much appreciate what you've done and I hope you know that you have my complete trust and faith." he spoke gently. Naruto nodded in acceptance of his words but stayed silent.

With nothing else to say the Third left and Naruto was alone. He lay back and tried in vain to keep his tears from spilling over. He stayed that way through the whole night. Naruto figured the Old Man must of had a word with Tsunade because no one came to check on him which he was grateful for. He fell asleep with a damp pillow, just he was going to drift off it started to rain. How fitting, he thought as he let sleep take him. Lull him to peace only so that he may relive his terrors.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

985K 37.2K 88
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
2.3M 118K 65
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

130K 3K 45
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
321K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc