On the Court #Wattys2015

Av themoneb

The color of his skin didn't matter. With his heart on his sleeve and panty-melting smile, she fell for him... Mer

On the Court
CH 1: Coffee shop soundtrack
CH 2: Cheer Shorts
CH 3: Wolfpack!
CH 4: Just a New Year's Eve party
CH 5: Our Hang Out
CH 6: Feeling Used and Confused
CH 7: Wilmington Blossoms
CH 8: The New Things
CH 9: A Year Older A Year Wiser
CH 10: Assumptions
CH 11: My First
Ch 12: The Story Begins
CH 13: A Visit
CH 14: It's Time
CH 15: The First Year
CH 16: The Third Year
CH 17: The Fifth Year (part one)
CH 19: The Fifth Year (part three)
CH 20: Another Go
CH 21: To Gain And Lose
CH 22: A Valentine Love
CH 23: A 'Yes' Would Suffice
CH 24: To Stir and Let Sit
Epilogue
Extra: The Other Generation
Extra: Happy Father's Day
Extra: Growing Pains
Extra: It's Not Always Sunny
Extra: Can't Leave It Alone

CH 18: The Fifth Year (part two)

2.5K 78 46
Av themoneb

Toni is stressed. So stressed.

The past two months have been hectic. The courtroom isn't a place for little ol Toni.

She filed for a divorce nearly a month ago and the judge said it would be another month before it would be final. In the midst of that, Rory's birthday is in a little less than a month.

Right now, she is in a small room with her attorney, Kyle, and his attorney.

"No. Mr. Anderson wants full custody of Aurora."

Toni's eyes widened and she glared at Kyle. "No, he doesn't," she seethed.

"In fact, I do. I could file a kidnapping report since you've had my daughter for the past month but I'm trying to be fair."

"Fair? That little girl cringes at the sound of your name. What makes you think she'll want to live with you."

"She's my daughter, not yours."

"Now," Toni's attorney interrupted, "my client has already filed her reasons for this separation. Which are: Adultery, Abandonment and Substance Abuse. The substance abuse does in fact danger the child."

"Mr. Anderson has agreed to start a rehab program for the next two months and once he is released he will have custody of his daughter."

Toni was floored. She knew she had to do something regarding Rory to win her back. The only thing she didn't file on that paper was Cruelty. It was all because she was too frightened to tell anyone.

But this was Aurora they were talking about.

A child.

"I..." she began to speak but went through her bag instead to pull out some pictures.

She had plenty to prove the damage Kyle did to her body. 

She slid them across the table to Kyle's attorney and avoided Kyle's dark gaze.

"Domestic violence is dangerous for the child and against the law," Toni's attorney said once Toni gave her a copy of the photos.

"How long has this been going on?"

"Uh...Th-the ni-"

"She doesn't have to answer that," her attorney snapped. "Ms. Allen will have full custody of Aurora while yours will only have visitation in her presence," she said proudly, "and the judge will agree."

Four and a half years...

Toni got a call from Darren a few days ago and he told her that he'd come by the next week.

Toni was...excited.

Mostly because she really wanted to see him. The late phone calls may have been quick and normal, but he made her feel better about her situation.

Her divorce is rough but will eventually be final in a week. That made her dad all the more furious. No matter how many times she tried to explain to him that it was best, he never accepted it. She didn't tell him that he beat her just because she thought it wouldn't change anything.

And even though her mom didn't say anything about the divorce, she knew her mom was happy by the twinkle in her blue eyes.

Now as she looked in the mirror she sees her dimples again and a shine in her eyes.

She fixed her tank top and left out of the bathroom and into the living room. 

"What do you guys want for dinner?" 

"Mac and cheese!" they both said with wide grins on their faces. "We had that yesterday." "We want it again!"

"Okay, okay. Pushy," she laughed, walking into the kitchen.

While boiling the water Toni heard her phone ring. She rushed to answer.

"Hello?"

"It's me." Darren 

"Hi," she said, shyness present in her voice. She smacked her forehead because of the foolishness.

"Hi," he chuckled, noticing her tone of voice. "I was wondering if it would be okay to get there a few days early."

"Oh...that's fine. This is your house," she smiled.

"We've talked about this," he nearly groaned.

"I know but you do pay for everything. Which I appreciate. That technically makes it your house."

"You're the one living there so no it doesn't."  

"Whatever," she laughed. "Anyway, no, I don't mind if you come a few days early. I'm guessing you're only staying a little while."

"What makes you guess that?"

"You're gonna visit your mom, right? I don't want to hold you hostage if you plan to."

"I was but...I was wondering..."

"What?"

"I want you to come with me."

She nervously laughed, "Are we back in college or something? I don't want to intrude and besides I've never taken the kids on a road trip before."

"They'll be fine. Pop them a few sleeping pills and they'll be out."

"Darren!"

"I'm kidding."

Toni bit her lip at the sound of his laugh and playfully rolled her eyes in defeat. "I'll think about it."

"A friend of mine is coming with me."

"Oh...um. I can fix the pull out couch for th-"

"No that's alright. They're getting a hotel the first night and will meet us at yours when its time to go."

"Complicated but understandable."

"Okay. I'll see you soon."

"Yeah."

***

After taking the kids to her parents' house, Toni had every reason to celebrate. She had a spa appointment; Darren was coming over tonight and her divorce would be finalized tomorrow.

She could finally breathe.

At the spa she had gotten everything waxed, tweezed and cut. Her hair grew a bit and decided on some color along with a cut. (Picture to the right)

Once she was home and dressed in a simple but sexy outfit, she felt like a new person.

Her makeup was light and her attitude was bright.

She had intentions on getting her man back.

***

Toni nearly jumped when the doorbell rang. She quickly fixed her shirt and went to answer the door.

"Hi," she smiled in greeting and opened the door wider for him to come in.

"Hey."

"How was the flight?"

"Long and uncomfortable."

She smiled, "Well the guest bedroom is all fixed up and-"

"Where are the kids?"

"My mom wanted to have them for the night."

"But they're still going to Wilmington, right? My mom wants to see them."

"Yeah, I 'll just pick them up in the morning."

He nodded and headed towards the extra bedroom. 

"I ordered pizza," she called after him and then went into the kitchen fridge for a bottle of water.

"What kind of pizza?" he asked, leaning against the doorjamb to the kitchen.

"The good kind," she smirked, uncapping her drink and taking a sip.

"Let me guess, cheese."

"How'd you know that was my favorite?"

"I don't think pizza preference changes over years."

"But other things do," she sighed, capping the bottle and setting it on the counter. "Enough about pizza. How was your latest season as part of the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA?" she lightly teased, leaning against the counter.

"I'm glad its over yet can't wait for the next...is that weird."

"Not at all. I remember once cheer season ended I just wanted to pour bleach all over my uniform and say fuck it but at the same time I couldn't wait to tumble again but..." she shrugged, "shit happens."

They both knew the reason why she couldn't do another year.

Her dad.

Her pregnancy.

"Have you ever thought about going back to school?"

She couldn't help but let out a ridiculous laugh. She quickly moved her hand to her mouth to cover it. "I'm sorry, but that's a long shot."

"How?"

"How? Do you hear yourself? I have no time at all to become a student."

"Well obviously but I meant online classes. It's challenging but I heard it's worth it."

"Why do you care if I go back to school?"

Toni watched in near awe as a blush rose up his cheeks and he bowed his head to hide it.

Darren didn't want to say it out loud but he wanted a better life for Toni than the one she was handed. He always did.

From when he forced that trip to her parents, to now when he showed his concerns for her future.

He suddenly felt fingers on his chin and his head being tilted back up.

"Why are you blushing?" Toni softly asked with a teasing smile on her face.

He shook his head slightly and  looked away. "No reason."

"Oh," she smiled, snaking her arms around his neck, "so will I have to squeeze it out of you?" She slightly tightened her arms on squeeze. 

He looked down at her with a suspicious glint in his eyes. "Or you can..." he held her by the hips, "seduce it out of me."

"Is that a suggestion?"

 "It could be..." he whispered, his breath tickling her lips.

She bit her lip as her eyes flickered from his eyes to his lips. "Darren..."

"I know, Toni. I know."

And then their lips did a whole new greeting. A desperate, torrid meeting the was long overdue.

They moaned at the humid passion they passed between their lips.

Their tongues danced and their thoughts soared. Darren grasped Toni under her thighs and lifted her so she's wrap her legs around him. He set her on the counter and groped at her waist as he dominated her mouth.

She wound her hands into his growing hair and tugged him closer to her. They pulled away and Toni panted for breath as Darren took his own route down her neck, sucking on her soft spot. 

She hissed, then moaned out his name as he rekindled a fire that had gone out years ago.

Then the doorbell rang.

Toni sighed and Darren groaned as he stepped away. 

"It's the pizza," she breathily said.

He turned and answered the door with an annoyed expression, paying the guys and taking the pizza.

He tossed it on the coffee table as he passed it and went back to the kitchen to Toni.

"I'm not all that hungry."

"Me neither," he said, and they were back to kissing.

They were needy and frantic with their movements.

Now they were in the Toni's bedroom, peeling away clothes and moaning out at each others touch.

"I really shouldn't be doing this," he groaned out, making her whimper. "But, damn, I want to."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* (hope you still remember what that means)

Darren laid her on the bed and stripped her of the rest of her clothing. He dropped her panties to the floor and helped her unclip her bra.

He gazed at her scarred breast and looked at her through his lashes as he kissed it. She bit her lip and gazed at the ceiling in an Oh My God moment.

He grabbed a condom from his pants pocket and was aided in removing his briefs.

Toni was suddenly lifted and then had her back pressed against the headboard. Darren, on his knees, had Toni's thighs laid on his. He put on the condom with haste movements, then held her hips and lowered her onto him.

She laid both of her hands on his shoulder and moaned out in near shock as he filled her.

He groaned once he was all the way in and kept one hand on her hip while the other grabbed the headboard.

"Shit," he hissed. 

 "Gentle" she panted, "gentle."

She wrapped her arms around his neck and nuzzled her face into his hair. She rolled her hips and let out a small moan. Darren wrapped his arm around her hips and lifted her slowly and dropped her down onto him again.

"Uhh," she moaned. "Darren...keep going," she pleaded.

Darren took his go.

He was gentle but deep...oh so deep.

"Awh, yes...yes!"

"Toni," he groaned out, nibbling at her collar bone.

Toni hasn't felt this way in so long and wanted to make it last forever. She knew it wouldn't when Darren slightly shifted and stroked an over-sensitive part of her.

She cried out and frantically rolled her hips to feel more. "God, Darren!"

He went faster and it caused her head to spin.

"Shit," she whined, "Oh, shit."

"Toni, my god," panted, going even faster to get her release.

"I...Darren...I'm gonna come. D-don't stop."

The headboard banged against the wall and the bed shook with their movements.

She let out a cry and clutched tightly onto him as she came. It seemed to last forever.

"Holy shit. How are you still coming?" 

She shook and whimpered out as it started to subside.

She then relaxed in his arms, breathing hard and ruggedly.

"You made me come," she breathily laughed. "My god, I came." It was a shock to even her. She hadn't come in years.

"Again, lets do it again," she insisted, pulling back to look down at him. She slowly lifted herself off of him. "How are you still hard?" she murmured.

"Come on," she excitedly said, pinning him on his back. 

"Okay," he lightly chuckled.

All night.

They went at it all night.

"Oh, Darren," Toni moaned out her voice muffled by the sheets. She would say she was on her hands and knee's if her arms hadn't given out on her. So she was on her elbows with her face buried into the mattress as Darren was behind her, pleasuring her beyond words.

The slap of their skin connecting only made it more intense.

"Feels...so...good."

She couldn't even think straight.  

Then she was on top of him, circling her hips to find that peak. Darren looked at the way she moved and was mesmerized. 

She planted one hand on his chest as the other wound in her own hair. Her back was arched and a loud moan left her mouth as she tilted her nose towards the ceiling.

"Damn it," she cried out, slapping both hands on his chest and riding him like there was no tomorrow.

"Shit, I'm coming," Darren groaned. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Every position they did, yet they never did missionary. The basic love-making position where he'd be on top.

Toni thought it was because he wanted to be experimental, but Darren knew that this was far from making-love.

He wondered if Toni knew the same.

***

The next morning Toni was in the kitchen making herself some food since Darren insisted he didn't want anything. 

He was gone for a while. He said he was picking up his friend but she didn't expect him to be gone so long.

After a nice shower and getting dressed in some nice clothes she stripped her sheets and washed them.

Even after that he wasn't there.

She got her phone and dialed his number. No answer. The second time either.

She sighed and called her mom instead. 

"Hello, darling," she giggled.

"When do you want me to get them?" she asked, quick and to the point.

"Um...whenever is fine. Antonia, there was an accident."

"What?" she nearly whispered, "are they hurt?"

The front door opened and she saw Darren walk in but she quickly turned away to continue her call.

"Something happened."

"What do you mean something happened?" she hissed. "Are they hurt, mom?"

"No no no. Joseph had a slight tumble down the steps."

"Mom!"

"He's fine now. I just wanted to let you know your son is completely fine."

Toni sighed and laid a hand on her chest. "You nearly scared me to death."

"Sorry about that. I have to go. You're father just woke up and he wants breakfast."

"Alright, bye."

She tossed her phone and turned back around to see Darren and some girl chatting in her kitchen. To say she was surprised was an understatement.

"Oh, Toni, this is Lola. Lola, this is Toni."

Toni kindly smiled and held out her hand. "Nice to meet you Lola."

"It's Lola Lyle but you can just call me Lolly," she said, shaking the offered hand.

"Interesting."

"Let's get going" Darren said. They got all of their things and packed it into the car.

Darren took the drivers seat and Lola took the passenger.

"I guess I'll be in the back." 

Right when he was about to start the car Toni spoke up. "Wait, I forgot Rory's car seat." She quickly got out and went inside to get it. She locked the door back and made it back to the car. "Sorry about that."

"So to your parents' place?"

"Yeah."

The car ride was strange for Toni. Seeing Darren interact with another girl the way they used to made her...green. 

Once they were there Toni practically ran out. She couldn't wait to see her babies.

Before she could even get to the front door, it opened and Joseph ran out. She kneeled down and caught him as he crashed into her.

"Mommy!"

"Hi, baby. Did you have a good time?" "Yeah, Mimi made us cookies!"

"That's great! Where's your sister?" "She's saying bye to Mimi."

Just then Rory came out and hugged Toni as well. She waved at her mom who was standing at the door and led the kids to the car.

Rory's seat was by the window and Toni helped to strap her in. Joseph sat in the middle and got buckled in.

"Hi Darren," they both said.

"Hey" he smiled, "you guys ready for a road trip?"

"What's that?" Rory asked. 

"It's a long car ride to another place."

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

Lola turned in her seat and smiled at the kids. "I'm Lolly."

"Like a lollipop?" Rory asked. "Just like that. What's your name?" "Aurora."

"Well it's nice to meet you. And you, handsome?" she asked, Joseph.

He looked down at his lap and shrugged.

"He's shy," Toni said.

"I'm not shy" Joesph seethed, practically angered at his mother. "I...I don't like her."

"Joseph," Toni snapped.

"What's there not to like?" Lola asked, trying to sound as sweet as possible.

He shrugged again and looked out the window.

"Okay," she said and turned back in her seat.

The ride was starting to get long. Too long.

Rory was passed out after the first couple of hours after telling a long story and Joseph was right behind her.

"Wait, these are your kids?" Lola asked Toni.

"Uh...yeah?"

"And how old are you?"

"Old enough," Toni nearly snapped, taking offense. 

"Just saying. I couldn't even think about having kids now, let alone --what-- four years ago."

"It's not like I planned it. It happened."

The next two hours were spent in silence.

They all decided to stop at a diner right off of the highway and grab something to eat.

They got a large booth and ordered drinks. 

"I'm gonna freshen up," Lola said, sliding out of the booth and going to the bathroom. A minute later Darren went to the bathroom.

The drinks came and Rory guzzled down her chocolate milk. She began to color on her little sheet until she sneezed...and chocolate milk squirted on her paper and snot on her mouth.

"Gross," Toni cringed. "Stay here."

She got up and walked towards the restrooms. She turned the corner but instantly stopped when she saw what she saw. 

She felt her heart wrench and pressure build behind her eyes.

She stepped back and pressed her back to the wall to hide herself

Darren is such a... man whore!

She flagged a waitress and led her back to the table to help Rory with some moist cloths.

Once Darren and Lola did come back Toni couldn't even look at them.

"You have some stuff on your face," Rory said, pointing at the smudge from the corner of Darren's mouth to his cheek.

Which reddened at the little girl's statement.

"It's um..."

"Lipstick," Toni interrupted, looking up at Darren, "It's lipstick."

"Excuse me." She slid out of the booth and headed to the bathroom.

She brought out her phone and dialed Luna.

"Hello?"

"Luna," Toni croaked.

"Toni? What's wrong?"

"Remember that one time back at State when I came to you crying because..." she started crying, "because I slept with Darren and felt so stupid to think that maybe he only wanted me."

"Yes, I do. Toni what's wrong?"

"And you told me not to...damn it! You told me not to get serious with him because he's not the type. You warned me."

"Toni-"

"I did it again! Stupid me. I haven't been loved in... ever. And the first guy to show me something...I just gave myself to him because I'm an insecure whore!"

"You are not!"

"I haven't cried over Kyle in a long time. It's just...he broke me," she sobbed.

"He did not. You are a strong woman and a mother, Toni. You awe me Ms. Allen and the day you realize that will be the day you're set free. I promise."

"I... thank you but I have to go."

"Love you."

"You too, bye."

Toni went to the sink and straightened herself up.

"Toni."

"I don't want to be bothered," she snapped at Darren.

"Lola's just a friend."

"Do you fuck all your friends?!" she faced him and shocked him with her foul words. "Am I just your friend?"

He was silent. Mouth open but no words coming out.

She sniffled and ran a hand through her hair, "You know, I was in love with this guy once. His name was Darren. Great guy. Tell me when you meet him, it will change your life."

***

When they did arrive to Wilmington Toni was cordial with Lola and Darren.

Elena was glad to see them but was all over Joseph and Rory. She also expressed how much she didn't like Lola while Kayla was okay with her.

At one point after dinner Elena grabbed Toni's hips and wiggled them a bit.

"When I first started having sex my mother, who didn't know, told me to put on my favorite shorts and stand in the mirror. I told her that I couldn't fit them. You know what she said?"

"W-what?"

"She said 'Because mija, you've been doing the dirty and you know how I know?' I asked how and she said 'because you have hips like your tia'."

Toni's eyes widened.

"So either you've been having sex or your pregnant cause those are child bearing hips."

"Elena..."

"Do I have those hips?" Rory suddenly asked. Elena laughed and said, "I can't tell yet. You're still too narrow."

 ***

Elena insisted they stayed at her new place that she bought with her husband but Darren didn't want to. He already booked two rooms so there really wasn't an option.

During the car ride there Toni's eyes began to dry because of her contacts. She got out her case and removed the contacts before slipping on her glasses.

She hasn't worn them in a while and she sort of felt like a girl again when she had them on.

Rory was asleep once they got there. They put their bags onto a buggie and waited as Toni carefully unbuckled the little girl. 

"I can carry her," Darren offered.

"I got it," she mumbled, picking Rory up and settling her head on her shoulder.

"Mommy," she whined.

"I'm right here baby, shh," Toni soothed.

Joseph held onto his moms hand as they made their way into the hotel lobby.

The person behind the desk seemed very young and had his head stuck in a book. 

"Hi," Lola greeted him. Without looking up from his book he answered, "You'll have to wait."

"But we have to check in now." "Don't care." She groaned and stepped back. Darren was just shocked at his rudeness.

Toni cleared her throat and said, "What are you reading?"

"A book."

"I see," she lightly giggled, reaching over and lifting the cover so she could see. "The Giver. That's a good book. A bit seventh grade don't you think?"

"I'm reading it again so I can see the movie."

"I used to love doing that," she smiled. "My daughter wants to do it as well...but she can't read."

The guy behind the counter laughed, his smile spreading a bit at the sight of Toni's.

"I have another book to read but I need a nice comfortable bed to read it on."

"I'll get the key right away," he rushed out, nearly stumbling out of his seat.

Toni looked over her shoulder at a shocked Lolly and Darren. She scoffed and turned back to the guy. 

"I uh...forgot the reservation name."

"I'm sure it's under Rivera," she sweetly smiled.

"Right." He typed on the computer and then gave her two key cards. "Rooms 308 and 309."

"Thank you and...I wanna know how you felt about the end."

He frantically nodded.

Toni turned to Darren and Lola and handing him the cards. "Here."

***

 Lola and Darren took one room while Toni and the kids took the other. Joseph had asked to use Darren's phone to play games until he could fall asleep. 

Toni helped a half-asleep Rory into her princess night gown. Joseph got into his night clothes pretty quick because he really wanted to play on the phone.

All lights were out and Toni  was nearly asleep when Joseph tapped her. 

"Yeah baby?"

"This is why I don't like her," he whispered, showing his mom the phone. 

Toni saw the picture and instantly snatched it away. Why was Lola half naked on Darren's phone?

Because he's a man whore, that's why. 

"Don't say anything about this alright?" Joseph nodded. "Now give him his phone back."

Joseph got out of the bed and Toni trailed after him. Toni held the door open and looked after him as he went to the next room and knocked on the door.

The door opened and Lola stood there in only her tank and underwear.

Joseph slowly gave her the phone and took a step back.

"You're ruining my playtime, kid."

"Uh, excuse me," Toni snapped. "I'd advise you to put on some damn clothes next time you answer the door."

Joseph ran back into his room while Toni and Lola glared at each other. Eventually Toni rolled her eyes and went back into her room,

***

In the morning everyone got ready to go out for breakfast. They all met at the lobby and right when they were about leave someone got Toni's attention. She turned to see the young guy from yesterday.

She smiled and waved at him.

"I'm almost finished," he said, holding up The Giver. 

"Well I'll be back later today so maybe you can tell me then."

He nodded as a blush crept up his cheeks.

***

"Today we should do something fun!" Kayla exclaimed.

"Like what?" Elena asked, clearing the dished from breakfast.

"We should go to the beach."

"The water is cold this part of the year," Darren said.

"Yeah but it's a great time to pull some guys."

"You're barely sixteen," he argued.

"I'll be seventeen soon stupid and I wanna have fun. Toni and I are the only single one's and we need some guys."

"No, I don't," Toni shamefully laughed, helping wash the plates. "Guys are assholes."

 "I'm single," Lola said, raising her hand.

"Oh..." Kayla said, scratching her scalp. "I guess you can come with us."

Now Toni definitely didn't want to.

She was drying off her hands when Kayla stepped behind her and wrapped her arms around her.

"I wanna be just like you when I grow up." Nearly everyone laughed at that.

"No you don't."

"You just have the prettiest eyes."

"Sheesh, Kayla, stop flirting with me" Toni laughed.

"You so have to pull guys with me."

"No."

"This is my plan. The guys will instantly flock to you because, let's face it, you're gorgeous. Then, since I'm next to you they'll have to acknowledge me. And then I'll put on my Kayla charm. It's the best plan."

"You're ridiculous."

"No, this guy-magnet is ridiculous," she said, groping Toni's backside and then running out of the kitchen.

"You perv!" Toni yelled after her.

"That girl is crazy," Elena aughed. "But yeah, we should all go to the beach."

"I've never been." 

"You're kidding."

"She's not," Darren said.

"But...I packed a bathing suit so we can go."

"I'm doing your make up!" Kayla called from upstairs.

***

It was hot. It was winter in Wilmington, and it was so freaking hot.

Lola made sure everyone knew that every five minutes.

"Wow it's hot," she said for the thousandth.

"We get it, " Elena snapped, laying down her beach blanket.

Toni put sunscreen on the kids and herself before taking off her cover up.

"I can get your back," Darren said, grabbing the sunscreen.

"No thanks."

"Let me help," he insisted.

"Don't touch me" she hissed, standing up and adjusting her top.

The pale purple bikini fit her nicely and Kayla made sure to tease her about it.

Rory tugged on her hand and they both made their way to the water. Joseph stayed behind to eat some crackers.

Toni watched Rory splash in the shallow waves and smiled at her. 

"Mommy look! Little fishies," she giggled.

"Excuse me, miss."

Toni turned to see a pretty tall man smiling down at her.

"Yeah?"

"I just had to come over here and say hi. Some buddies of mine have been talking about you since you got here."

"Good things I hope."

"Great things," he smirked, looking at her up and down.

"So out of all your buddies what made you come over here?"

"None of them had the balls to talk to you."

Toni playfully rolled her eyes and checked on Rory who was throwing some wet sand.

"Yours?" he asked, nodding toward the little girl.

"Yes. She's a handful."

"I bet."

"You have any kids?" 

"Yeah, she'll be seven soon."

"Married?"

"Nope. Single."

"Oh," Toni smirked, looking over his shoulder at his so-called friends.

"You seeing anyone?"

"No, not that I want to," she mumbled as the wind picked up her hair.

"Then I have a chance," he smiled.

"I don't know about th-"

"I'm an expert at reading people," he interrupted. "And you know what I get from you?"

"What?"

"You're reserved. Very protective of yourself and the one time you let your guard down...you got hurt. Not by your partner but another party...right?"

"I..."

"And recently you've been hurt again and you're acting like it doesn't affect you."

"How...how did you figure all of that out?"

"It's in your eyes. They're very expressive."

"Mommy look!"

Toni looked to see Rory had wet sand covering her legs. She laughed and sent her a thumbs up.

"I never got your name," the man asked.

"Oh, sorry," she held out her hand, "I'm Toni."

"David," he smiled, taking her hand. "Pleasure to officially meet you," he lightly chuckled then pressed a soft kiss to the back of her hand.

Toni couldn't help but lightly tinge. "Uh..."

"David, time to go!"

"Shit...I have to go," he apologetically said. 

"That's okay."

He swiftly leaned in a kissed her cheek and then whispered. "It was nice meeting you Toni."

"Y-You too, David."

David turned and left with a wink back to his friends.

Suddenly someone grabbed her arm and turned her around. 

Darren didn't look approachable at all when he was angry.

"Didn't I say not to touch me," Toni snapped, yanking her arm away from his grasp.

"What the hell was that?"

"What? I was being nice and-Wait. I don't have to explain myself to you."

"You have a son, my son and there is no room to flirt with other guys."

"I am a grown ass woman. You do not tell me what I can and can't do. And just because you know Joseph is your son doesn't mean a damn thing when you don't act on it."

"I'm his father!"

"Prove it!"

Darren huffed out and ran a hand through his hair.

Toni felt the tears build in her eyes as she said. "It doesn't mean anything when you still act like we're back at State. You have to receive that title, not just claim it."

"What do you want me to do?" he desperately asked.

"Not the shit you pulled yesterday," she said, looking away and wiping a stray tear.

"I didn't know-"

"I don't want to hear your excuses. I just need to know that you're serious about being there for him."

"I am."

"That doesn't mean we have to be together."

"But what if that's what want?"

She nodded towards Lola  who had her ear buds in while tanning. "Why am I not convinced?"

He reached out for her, "Toni-"

"I just need time okay?"

He sighed in defeat, scratching the back of his neck. "I'm sorry," he finally said.

She looked down at her toes that were buried in the sand. "Me too."

A/N: Thoughts!

There's one more part to this long fifth year!

Darren is...well...Darren. Any thoughts about our male lead?

Elena and Toni's relationship?

Kayla and Toni's?

Toni and Darren's ?!?!?!

First to comment gets le dedication! 

Oh and the picture of the side is just for the haircut but if you want that to be Toni it could be. That's not how I really see her but it's your choice.

-Mone'

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

15.1K 1.2K 21
"I hate you so much," i said while looking directly into his eyes. He takes steps towards me while maintaining the eye contact . "But you'd still be...
515 28 18
"Good luck out there, Jerk!" I said smiling. "Thanks, Toni!" He said smiling as well. His hands were now on my waist. He was super close to me right...
4.8K 228 23
"𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨... ...𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧...
87.5K 5.1K 56
I look out into the parking lot and squint to make sure I'm not going crazy. Walking up with a bouquet of flowers is Justin. He's wearing a muscle te...