The Bodyguard (A Monsta X Fan...

By seastarssaki

Inspired by the completion of the Bodyguard (An EXO Fanfiction), I have decided to make a similar story line... More

Chapter One: A Cover Up
Chapter Two: Coming Home
Chapter Three: First Time for Everything
Chapter Four: Person of Interest
Chapter Five: Fated Encounter
Chapter Six: Thanks for the Meal
Chapter Seven: Call Back
Chapter Eight: Moving In
Chapter Nine: First Day
Chapter Ten: A Day in the Life
Chapter Eleven: Pranks
Chapter Twelve: Vendetta
Chapter Thirteen: BBQ and Ideal Types
Chapter Fourteen: Let's Work Out
Chapter Fifteen: Vacation
Chapter Sixteen: Taking Flight
Chapter Seventeen: Paradise
Chapter Eighteen: Beach Time
Chapter Nineteen: Fins
Chapter Twenty: Party Time
Chapter Twenty One: Hoes in Different Area Codes
Chapter Twenty Three: About Last Night
Chapter Twenty Four: Sushi
Chapter Twenty Five: Stalker
Chapter Twenty Six: Think Again
Chapter Twenty Seven: It Doesn't Translate
Chapter Twenty Eight: Terms of Service
Chapter Twenty Nine: Hiding Place
Chapter Thirty: Kiss and Tell
Chapter Thirty One: Duel
Chapter Thirty Two: Leaving Paradise
Thirty Three: Coffee Prince
Chapter Thirty Four: Barriers
Chapter Thirty Five: Unknown Caller
Chapter Thirty Six: Walk of Shame
Chapter Thirty Seven: A Plan
Chapter Thirty Eight: Revenge
Chapter Thirty Nine: Club
Chapter Forty: See You Later
Chapter Forty One: London
Chapter Forty Two: Amsterdam
Chapter Forty Three: Madrid
Chapter Forty Four: Chicago
Chapter Forty Five: Newark
In Need of Inspiration
Chapter Forty Six: Dallas
Chapter Forty Seven: Spending the Night in Jail
Chapter Forty Eight: Coming Clean
Chapter Forty Nine: Fall Out
Chapter Fifty: Dinner and a Show
Chapter Fifty One: Choi's Anatomy
Chapter Fifty Two: Interview
Chapter Fifty Three: Wanderer
Chapter Fifty Four: Encore
Chapter Fifty Five: Fly Little Bird
Chapter Fifty Six: Scars
Chapter Fifty Seven: Useless Praise
Prologue: Home Again
Prologue 2: Where You Been?
Prologue 3: Back and I'm Better
Prologue Four: Lights Out
Wonho
Wonho 2
Hyungwon
Hyungwon 2
Changkyun
Changkyun 2
Changkyun 3
Shownu
Shownu 2
Kihyun
Kihyun 2
Minhyuk
New Story!!
Thanks for 50k!
A Sad Day For Monbebe

Chapter Twenty Two: Octopi and Coffee Dates

2.5K 105 10
By seastarssaki

I woke up first the next morning. I was the only one in the room that wouldn't be hung over, so I decided to take my alone time as a chance to shower in peace. I walked into the bathroom, bringing along my clothing for the day.

After the shower was done with, I toweled off and took care of my skin care routine.

I looked down at my hand, the one I had used to punch the shark, and saw a massive bruise that had formed.

'I should take a commemorative photo.' I thought, chuckling to myself.

My outfit for the day was a white eyelet shirt that I tucked into brown denim shorts. I decided to do a bit of makeup today. I used a foundation cushion that was high in SP, and followed it up with bronzey blush and highlight. I topped off the look with mascara and a rose colored lip tint.

I came out of the bathroom to see some of the guys were up. Shownu was rubbing his head, staring blankly down at his blanket. Hyungwon was still fast asleep, and Wonho was rolling around in bed.

'They're definitely going to need pain killers.'

I rustled through my suitcase and found I had packed some Advil just in case I was injured.

"Here." I said to Shownu, handing him two. He looked up at me slowly before looking into my hand.

"Thanks." He muttered, taking the pills and then following it with a gulp of water.

I set pain pills and water down next to Wonho and Hyungwon for when they woke up.

"Kihyun messaged me and said that Minhyuk and Jooheon want to go to an aquarium today." Shownu groaned to me. "So I think that's what we're doing today, visiting the Waikiki aquarium."

I nodded. "Should I get coffee for everyone?" I suggested, noticing that Wonho and Hyungwon were stirring next to me.

For some reason, I didn't want to be around when either of them woke up.

Instead of waiting for Shownu to respond, I left the room with my purse in hand. I walked down the hallway, heart beating pretty fast.

Hyungwon had kissed me last night, and Wonho almost kissed me. I wondered if either of them would remember the events of the night before...

'Hyungwon was drunk.' I thought, 'Even if he remembers, he probably didn't mean it.'

The hotels cafe was not too far from the elevator. I got in line and ordered eight black coffees. After paying and getting a drink holders, I went back into the elevator and took my sweet time walking back to the room.

'Get it together, they're just guys...' I thought to myself as I stared at the hotel room door.

40078.

I took a deep breath and then pushed open the door. The lights were finally on and Hyungwon and Wonho were sitting up in the bed, looking absolutely sick. They had taken the pain killers and still looked completely hungover.

"I brought coffee." I said softly, setting the cups on the night stand between their beds. Shownu grabbed a cup quickly, sipping it tentatively.

I took my coffee cup and sat on my bed, drinking it slowly. I tried to look anywhere but at the bed next to mine where both Hyungwon and Wonho sat.

"They want to leave for the aquarium soon." Shownu announced to the room.

Wonho groaned, rubbing his head. "I don't know if I'll be able to go. I feel like absolute crap."

"Me neither." Hyungwon nodded in agreement.

"I mean, I'm feeling sick too." Shownu sighed, "But I'm still going to go. Just wait for the Advil to kick in and then decide."

After about an hour, we all piled into the car to head towards the Aquarium. Wonho and Hyungwon felt better after a little while, but they were also pressured by Shownu to come along. I sat in the back seat of the car again, somehow ending up sandwiched between Hyungwon and Wonho.

My heart was racing, but both of them seemed to be completely calm.

'They don't remember, I should just forget too.'

We arrived at the aquarium after a rather short time.

Minhyuk hopped out of the car, looking excitedly at the building.

"Finally!" He cheered.

We all came out of the car slowly one after the other, Minhyuk excitedly waiting to go inside. He grabbed onto Shownu's arm as soon as he got out of the driver's seat and dragged him towards the ticket booth.

"I don't know where he gets the energy from." Hyungwon sighed next to me.

I jumped out of my skin upon hearing his voice, not expecting him to speak to me. I stuttered for a while before following after Shownu to escape from the situation.

Shownu paid for everyone's tickets and then we entered the aquarium. Minhyuk dragged Shownu away to see the turtles, Jooheon in tow. Kihyun and Wonho meandered around, looking for a dark place, entering the tropical fish exhibit. Hyungwon seemed to wander around on his own, lost in his thoughts. I watched as they dispersed to do their own things, when Changkyun came up to talk to me.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked. "I don't usually do aquariums..."

I glanced at him, noticing that he was avoiding eye contact with me. I guess I had made him uncomfortable after grinding on him last night.

"Well, I think I want to see their shark exhibit..." I muttered, following the signs into a small building. The exhibit was pretty lackluster, mostly nursing sharks and a couple of ragged tooths. But I didn't need to see too many sharks here, I had touched one just yesterday after all.

"Those sharks are so cute..." Changkyun muttered as we stood in front of the baby nursing shark exhibit. The tiny sharks were swimming around with some other fish.

"Yeah, they really are." I smiled down at the fish tank, happy someone had agreed with me. I really admired sharks, most people didn't.

"What made you start liking sharks?" Changkyun asked as we exited the shark exhibit and walked into another.

"I used to be terrified of them." I explained, "As a kid, I'd run away at the sight of a shark. But one day I decided I didn't want to be afraid of them anymore. So I started learning about them and then I kind of fell in love with them."

"So it's just a fear you overcame?" Changkyun asked as we stopped at a touch tank. I put my hand into the water, petting sting rays as they passed. I liked being close to nature. So I enjoyed visiting places like zoos and aquariums when I had the chance. It reminded me that not all of the world was bad. It was hard to remember there was still good in the world in my line of work.

"Yeah, it was pretty easy I guess." I replied. Once I was tired of touching sting rays, I went on to admire the eels. "I think our fears are things we need to face."

"So you're really not afraid of anything?" Changkyun asked, shocked expression on his face.

I laughed, shaking my head. "Of course I have fears."

'Like commitment, talking to strangers, opening up to people, etc.'

But it was easier to overcome fears of physical things. Sharks were just an animal I was likely to never come into contact with, until yesterday.

"Like what?" Changkyun chuckled. "You're a bodyguard after all!"

I thought of something I would feel comfortable telling Changkyun I was afraid. "Well..." I sighed, things were about to get deep. "I never met my father. So I'm afraid that when I do meet him, he'll turn out to be a good guy."

"You're afraid he'll be a good person?" Changkyun asked, brow quirked.

We walked along the tanks, glancing around at the different fish. I stopped in front of the octopus, staring at it intently. It was trying its best to hide, but I could still see it.

"Well I've been avoiding finding him because I think that he must be a bad person if he left my mom." I replied. "I'm just afraid I'll end up being wrong and that I'll have missed out on years of happiness..."

Changkyun didn't respond.

'I shouldn't have said anything, now he's probably even more uncomfortable...'

"I understand." Changkyun nodded, I looked over at him to gauge his reaction. He looked empathetic. "I have a completely normal family. A father and a mother that stayed happily married, and still are. I don't know what I would do if that weren't the case. I probably wouldn't be where I am now. But if your father was willing to leave you, then he isn't worth your time."

I smiled at him. He was just trying to make me feel better, and it was working.

"You're not so bad of a guy." I smiled at him, patting him on the shoulder.

Changkyun flushed red before turning to the octopus, "Look at this thing! I've heard they're supposed to be really smart."

I smiled to myself.

I was sure there was a reason the universe had connected me with these guys. They were helping me while I helped them. It was well worth putting up with crazy fans and jealous k-idols.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.1K 2.5K 74
Areum's life is on the brink of falling apart. Her best friend just stabbed her in the back. And to top it off, she has just lost her job! So, she mo...
18.3K 498 27
Y/n is a new student in Seoul, South Korea. She was born and raised in Gwangju, South Korea with her older brother by one year named Chae Hyungwon. H...
4.6K 294 51
Starting a new role at Starship, Eunchae is excited. She is working closely with Monsta X and soon develops very close relationships with some of the...
10.7K 375 41
Y/N just wanted to be in a girl group, but things didn't go her way. She was assigned to join a famous boy group named Monsta X. Even tho she got in...