Indigo {{The Walking Dead Fan...

By TheWillowPine

Eight year old, Indigo, was found abandoned in a car by Rick Grimes, a sheriff searching for his wife and son... More

Cast
Chapter 1: Promise
Chapter 2: Man on the Radio
Chapter 3: Geeks
Chapter 4: Welcome to the Big City
Chapter 5: Sewers
Chapter 7: Mermaid
Update
Chapter 8: Guts
Chapter 10: Sports Car
Chapter 11: Camp
Chapter 12: Another Dixon
Chapter 13: Need a Hand
Chapter 14: Fishing and Shovels
Chapter 15: Guillermo
Chapter 16: Fight
Update
Chapter 17: Tension
Chapter 18: The C.D.C.
Chapter 19: Buzzkill
Chapter 20: Hungover
Chapter 21: Leaving with a Boom
Chapter 22: Good Things Don't Last
Chapter 23: Fatal Heart
Chapter 24: Dark Concious
Chapter 25: Blood Letting
Chapter 26: Moving Forward
Chapter 27: Alive Just
Chapter 28: God Hear my Prayer
Chapter 29: Calm in the Fire
Chapter 30: Cherokee Rose
Chapter 31: Hide n' Seek
Chapter 32: Women and Guns
Update
Chapter 33: A Visit into Town
Chapter 34: Trigger Finger
Chapter 35: Drama
Chapter 36: 18 Miles Out
Chapter 37: Judge, Jury, Executioner
Chapter 38: Class
Chapter 39: Better Angels~
Chapter 40: Beside the Dying Fire
Thankyou for Reading
Any questions? Leave Comments!
2023 UPDATE

Chapter 9: Cloudburst

11.9K 329 4
By TheWillowPine

Indigo watched from the roof as Rick and Glenn exited the building where all the walkers lurked. She was angry that Rick left her up here, her heart throbbed at the fact he didn't say goodbye before he left. She watched as they passed two walkers that were close to them. The two men stopped briefly as the walker looked at them, Indigos heart skipped a beat. She sighed in relief when the walker continued past them, the guts were working. Indigo tried getting a better look passing Merle who was intently watching her. Indigo held her breath once more watching as Rick and Glenn slid themselves under a bus, crawling, coming out on the other side where a huge hoard of walkers were waiting for them.

"Oh god, oh god..." Indigo whispered to herself out of fear.

The two men began shuffling through the crowd without any of the walkers noticing them. Indigo was relieved so far but they weren't out of danger yet, anything could happen if they weren't careful. Her small finger slid across the rough wall bored and anxious. She couldn't see them any more within the crowd of walkers. However, she did watch the opening at the end for them, she hoped they were okay. All of a sudden the door to the roof screeched open as the rest of the group entered quickly looking down at the walkers.

"Do you see them?"

"Oh god, I can't see them!"

"They walked into the walkers." Indigo said quietly. Morales walked over to her past Merle.

"Hey, what's happening, man?" Merle asked desperately trying to get Morales attention. Morales turned ignoring him hushing the girl towards Andrea and Jacqui.

"Hey, T-Dog, try that C.B." Morales asked T-Dog who quickly grabbed the radio.

"Hey, come on. Talk to me, y'all." Merle pleaded as Indigo caught eye contact with him. She felt bad for him, she knew he did it to himself, that she was never going to be allowed by Rick or anyone to talk to him, but she did feel bad. A guilt that for some reason made her chest ache. Merle stared into the girls dark blue eyes, his eyes were heavy, dark and regretful even. She turned away frowning.

"Base camp, this is T-Dog." T-Dog said into the radio messing with all the buttons, "Anybody hear me? Can anybody out there hear me?"

Morales attention turned from the radio back to the herd of walkers. Glenn and Rick had come into the opening. Relief rushed over him.

"There." Morales pointed to the men as Indigo ran over to the wall not quite seeing over the edge until she was back on her tippy toes. Thunder echoed across the city walls catching all of their attention. That didn't sound good.

"That asshole is out on the street with the handcuff keys?" Merle questioned realising that the other men were down in the street. T-Dog shook the keys at Merle, his face turning to a scowl.

All of a sudden the radio squawked catching everyone's attention. T-Dog grabbed the radio talking into it.

"Hello, base camp! Can anybody out there hear me?" He yelled desperate to not hear his own voice for once, "Base camp, this is T-Dog. Anybody hear me?"

There was a brief silence as the group waited for any sort of reply. Indigo was beginning to lose hope when a voice and some static came through.

"Hello? Hell-o? Reception's ba- on th- end. Repeat. Repea-."

"Shane, is that you?" T-Dog questioned but half the sentences were full of static. T-Dog tried telling them what was going on whether they heard them or not, "We're in some deep shit. We're trapped in the department store. There are geeks all over the place. Hundreds of 'em. We're surrounded."

"T-Dog, rep- that last. Repe-"

T-Dog tried readjusting the radio trying to save the signal but everything went quiet like there was no one on the other side. "Shit!" Indigo watched as the frustration built up on T-Dogs face. Indigo hoped that Rick and Glenn would be back soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweat dripped down Ricks forehead as he walked close by Glenn but not too much that the seven walkers near them would notice.

"It's gonna work. I can't believe it." Glenn whispered hopeful.

"Don't draw attention." Rick whispered back to him. The two continued to shuffle down the street when droplets of rain hit them both. Glenn looked at Rick in fear but Rick just nodded for him to keep going. They were running out of time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Indigo and the others were watching Rick and Glenn still as droplets of rain hit their skin. Indigo opened her small hand, another droplet hitting it. She swirled it around seeing the distorted reflection of her own face. She didn't like who she was now, she missed the past her, the girl who was safe, happy and with her parents. She held back her tears as she clenched her fists together, the droplet of rain disappearing. The past didn't matter anymore, getting out alive mattered.

"Oh man. It's just a cloudburst." Morales stated, "We get 'em all the time. It'll pass real quick."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rick and Glenn try not to panic as they continue to walk at a normal pace. They notice that the rain is starting to wash off the guts. The walkers are starting to get a whiff of life walking past them and they start to get a little more aggressive towards Rick and Glenn as they try to figure out if they are dead or alive.

"The smell's washing off. Isn't it?" Glenn stuttered, "Is it washing off?"

"No, it's not." Rick told him watching as his bloody hands started to wash back to his normal colour, "Well, maybe."

As more guts wash off the two men, a walker senses their flesh beginning to charge at them growling. Rick manages to move out of the way as did Glenn. Rick moves his axe towards the skull of the walker crushing it. More walkers begin to notice the trouble heading right towards them.

"Run!" Rick yells at Glenn who sprints forward in panic. They both take off down the dead flooded street, Rick killing six more walkers and Glenn killing two with the crowbar he had picked up earlier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on, come on, come on." Morales yelled desperately watching the two men struggle to fight against the multiple walkers charging at them.

"W...what's happening?!" Indigo cried tugging on Morales, "why are they attacking them?! I thought they were invisible."

Morales stared into the innocent blue eyes of the young girl, "They'll be okay. They're strong. They'll survive." He didn't know what to say to sooth the young girl. Morales knew that Rick was all she had left and if he died...he would feel guilty that he didn't allow that girl a chance to be with Rick by going instead of her new guardian.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n:

Hope you all like this chapter!

Okay so I would like to say a huge thank you and I'm actual shocked on the amount of reads, votes and support from you all. I literally cannot thank you all enough for taking the time to read my book and I really appreciate it.

I would also like to apologise for the slow updates. I'm quite busy at the moment but over time I should be able to update quicker when I can. Again thank you so much!!

Edit 2: Currently editing this book and look how cute my little messages are from months ago :")

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 86 13
--เผ’ written by kat - - โ”ˆโ”ˆโˆ˜โ”ˆหƒฬถเผ’ห‚ฬถโ”ˆโˆ˜โ”ˆโ”ˆ - - A couple years after the dead started walking, (๐๐€๐Œ๐„), a mute ten year-old, must grow up fast and learn...
296K 8.1K 83
"Survive now. Cry later. " โ™ค "Sweetheart, hush now" I whispered as we hid in the tiny mahogany closest, a small stream of light drifting in. He made...
439K 14K 126
Estella Brandy, a strong, brave six year old girl that was left alone to die in the apocalypse by her mother. Thinking that she wouldn't be able to s...